Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
666head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:26 am 

Why do people torture other people, or animals? Don't they have a concioence? How can you feel joy out of another living beings misery?

Anyways, what are youre thoughts on torture? Is it natural, psychological, fun, wrong or necessary?

Eugenesmasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:48 am 

Torture... All I can say is that no one has a right to torture anyone. But looking at today's world... Its natural in my opinion, and it happens all the time. A depressing thought, and kinda scary, too. Because we'll never know if we'll get subjected to it.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:54 am 

I don't think this thread's set-up is quite worthy. We would see humanist opposition to torture, internet tough guys on a testosterone trip advocating it in prisons for child molesters and as an alternative to speeding tickets, and perhaps a bit of discussion on Guantanamo, with the pro-America faction mumbling about a ticking timebomb, european and other self-righteous folks (Napero included) opposing every form of torture ever, and a few apologetic and self-flogging US citizens asking for forgiveness for incidents, which, after all, are just a tiny side stage play in the bigger picture.

Perhaps a more precise question would lead to a Symposium-worthy discussion, but this is too general, not really what Symposium needs, and would lead to choppy mixture of serious and semi-trolling posts on the Tavern. I'm locking this before we get unpleasant consequences or Napero ends up appearing as a flaming humanist tree-hugger.

Thank you for your attention, please try not to waterboard anyone or get waterboarded yourself.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.