Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
vrag_moj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:10 am 

If you have not heard of this yet;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_chanology

There will be a protest on February 10. Bring a "desu desu desu" sign to your local Church of Scientology.

ebola_legion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 am 

May be going to a local church on the 10th with some friends, rather looking forward to it :thumbsup:
I am Kurt Cobain's reencarnation, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. The similarities between Kurt and I, are incredibly close, words can not describe my feelings for Kurt. I love him, and his music.

DustyFox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:48 am 

vrag_moj wrote:
If you have not heard of this yet;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_chanology

There will be a protest on February 10. Bring a "desu desu desu" sign to your local Church of Scientology.

I still believe that the CoS is going to crush this with their mighty bottomless wallet. Not that I want them to, but I'm realistic ;)

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 am 

They already, apparently, have scientology.org on a more secure network.

vrag_moj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 am 

this "more secure network" is simply a bigger bandwidth pipe. they are waiting for the pain to go away. Feb 10 may bring some interesting developments.

josephus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 am 

vrag_moj wrote:
this "more secure network" is simply a bigger bandwidth pipe.
Well, then anon have at least succeeded in costing them money.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:38 am 

I'm not going to participate since I've already lost one job to the wrath of Hubbard, but I wish the attackers well since I pretty much all-out hate that brain-washing scam cult.

mevyhetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:50 am 

Lurk moar.

blackblood666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 am 

I think the whole idea is stupid. A bunch of lonley computer nerds who have nothing better to do than pick on scientology. Yeah its a stupid "religion" but come on people, don't you have anything better to do? Is stitting at your computer and annoying scientologists really the only thing you can come up with to do? How about you leave the house for once and socialize. Make real friends, not computer friends. I know that forums are crawling with computer nerds, so if you're offended, I really couldn't give a shit.

Also, is anyone else drawing comparisons to black metal church burnings?

EDIT: Noticed a gramatical error... oops.

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am 

Just the same as you apparently have nothing better to do than attempt to lecture people who could probably care less as to what you think.

Just the same as I have nothing to do right now than point the above out.

blackblood666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:56 am 

Haha well you're right I don't have anythig better to do; I'm in school.

DGYDP
Leather Lion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:59 am 

blackblood666 wrote:
I think the whole idea is stupid. A bunch of lonley computer nerds who have nothing better to do than pick on scientology. Yeah its a stupid "religion" but come on people, don't you have anything better to do? Is stitting at your computer and annoying scientologists really the only thing you can come up with to do? How about you leave the house for once and socialize. Make real friends, not computer friends. I know that forums are crawling with computer nerds, so if you're offended, I really couldn't give a shit.

The way I see it, people are putting their time into drawing attention to a problem (Scientology) so that maybe something can start to change. So what if they have nothing better to do? They are doing something for the right cause.

And besides, don't do you have anything "better to do" then troll on an internet forum? Apparently you don't ... so maybe you should leave the house for once and socialize. Make real enemies, not computer enemies. I know that forums are crawling with annoying crybabies, so if you're offended, I really couldn't give a shit.

SCMugen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:23 pm 

blackblood666 wrote:

I don't agree with an all-out war against Scientology as a religion or a church, but I do agree that we should fight for keeping the internet clean of censorship. If Scientology makes Tom Cruise or anyone else happy, then he/she should fucking do whatever makes them happy. On the other hand, if someone posts a video that totally ridicules Scientology it must not be censored, and that is what we should protest about.

I have not researched much on the McPherson death but I believe that she pretty much brought it on herself. Her death was unnecessary and very irritating and saddening, but waging an all-out war against Scientology based on that is like suing McDonald's because you ate there regularly, got fat and had a heart attack. It's not like Scientology or someone in Scientology wanted her dead, she just got too caught up in it, got fanatic and died because of it.

Svartalf
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:31 pm 

vrag_moj wrote:

OK, I'll bite--aside from Engrish for "death," does this have some meaning of which I am unaware?

Kutulu
Tzeentchian Rubric Manipulator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:54 pm 

SCMugen wrote:
I don't agree with an all-out war against Scientology as a religion or a church, but I do agree that we should fight for keeping the internet clean of censorship.
Exactly, it isn't like the CoS hasn't had this coming, I don't see mormons and jehova's witnesses running around trying to control the internet.

I say bring on the internet hate machine.

blackblood666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:56 pm 

DGYDP wrote:
blackblood666 wrote:

And besides, don't do you have anything "better to do" then troll on an internet forum? Apparently you don't ... so maybe you should leave the house for once and socialize. Make real enemies, not computer enemies. I know that forums are crawling with annoying crybabies, so if you're offended, I really couldn't give a shit.

Look one post up. I really don't have anything better to do at the moment. I'm in a religion class in school and I just had an extended break. Besides, I'm not trolling, I'm offering the other side of this thing which seems to me missing in this discussion. There can't be a discussion if there's no opposing side. Everyone saying "Yes I agree!" to everything you say gets boring after a while.

Avestriel
Butterfly Sister Petunia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:22 pm 

Svartalf wrote:
vrag_moj wrote:

OK, I'll bite--aside from Engrish for "death," does this have some meaning of which I am unaware?

Wha?

-{[(Frente Unido por la Verdad, la Ética y la Lógica)]}-

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:28 pm 

The one thing that bugs me about this whole thing, is that they continually cite the death of Lisa McPherson, and a couple others, interspersed with their rally against internet censorship, while other religions are host to much worse crimes against humanity.

But of course, scientology can be made a bitch of easily, in comparison to other religions.

DGYDP
Leather Lion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:33 pm 

blackblood666 wrote:
Look one post up. I really don't have anything better to do at the moment. I'm in a religion class in school and I just had an extended break. Besides, I'm not trolling, I'm offering the other side of this thing which seems to me missing in this discussion. There can't be a discussion if there's no opposing side. Everyone saying "Yes I agree!" to everything you say gets boring after a while.

I was being sarcastic, and making a parody of your point of view.

Other than that, if people want to do this (sabotage censorship), then I can only applaud it. I wouldn't do it myself, but the people who participate are 100% right.

vrag_moj
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:42 pm 

Svartalf wrote:
vrag_moj wrote:

"desu" is a japanese word but not anything to do with death. it's a 4chan meme. completely non-sensical. However, standing outside a scientologist church with a sign that says that rather that anything else will achieve the desired effect of drawing attention to this religion's absurdity, whilst absolving you of accusations of hate speech. Personally I'd rather bring and "AIDS" sign, bu that may not go down very well.

Pathological_Frolic
Butterfly Sister Rosemary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:01 pm 

DGYDP wrote:
Other than that, if people want to do this (sabotage censorship), then I can only applaud it. I wouldn't do it myself, but the people who participate are 100% right.

My thoughts exactly.

Avestriel
Butterfly Sister Petunia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:18 pm 

I would participate IRL if I could, but alas, I am too far away. I still can Gigaload now and then but it's not the same :(

vondskapens_makt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:08 pm 

I'll be at the protest in Times Square.

The eye can outstare neither the sun, nor death... if I sought God it was in delirium and in the delight of temptation.

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:43 pm 

SCMugen wrote:
I have not researched much on the McPherson death but I believe that she pretty much brought it on herself. Her death was unnecessary and very irritating and saddening, but waging an all-out war against Scientology based on that is like suing McDonald's because you ate there regularly, got fat and had a heart attack. It's not like Scientology or someone in Scientology wanted her dead, she just got too caught up in it, got fanatic and died because of it.

No, it's more like McDonald's coming to find you when you realise it's unhealthy to eat all of that fatty food, kidnapping you for trying to leave, and forcing you to eat it until you die, even though you tried to stop. Kind of an odd analogy, considering she was starved to death by Scientologists for trying to get away from the cult.

edit: [url=http://harbl.wetfish.net/cosplay/]2210 Anonymous have joined our ranks world wide.
167 Events have been planned world wide.[/url]

shadowkrang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:44 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
I'm not going to participate since I've already lost one job to the wrath of Hubbard, but I wish the attackers well since I pretty much all-out hate that brain-washing scam cult.

oh shit, care to tell what happened?

Affliction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:34 am 

Does anyone know if there is anything happening in Melbourne?

norilor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h1BmaVo ... re=related

Hahahaha

In all seriousness my Aunt lost her entire fortune to Scientology. I am impartial on this as I believe the human sheep deserve this for their own idiocy. I however feel bad for that girl as she tried to break away from it. I would not protest this, however I would protest Islam.

I wonder if anyone will care about this......4chan is good at getting attention though...

Last edited by norilor on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 am 

Affliction wrote:
Does anyone know if there is anything happening in Melbourne?

Yes. You may also want to check out this forum. People are suggesting you remain mostly silent at protests due to Scientologists' bullbaiting tactics.

thinkpad20
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:14 am 

Quote:
Project Chanology says it was formed in response to the Church of Scientology's attempts to remove material from an exclusive Scientology interview with Tom Cruise from the internet in January 2008. The Church of Scientology stated that the video was produced to be shown to members of Scientology, and that the leaked version was a "pirated and edited" version taken from a three-hour event.

Holy shit, the whole thing was three hours long? I don't even know what to say.

TheYardstick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:48 am 

blackblood666 wrote:

You fail to realize the nature of the chauns.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 am 

I'd attend if I could, but work schedule conflicts with the protest dates.

I think I'll just order all my comrades a few pizzas at the protest site.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Vansoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 pm 

I support it, Scientology is basically just a cult that steals people's money for bogus treatments. Anyone who supports them- have you read dianetics?

SCMugen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 pm 

pseudodraconis wrote:
SCMugen wrote:

No, it's more like McDonald's coming to find you when you realise it's unhealthy to eat all of that fatty food, kidnapping you for trying to leave, and forcing you to eat it until you die, even though you tried to stop. Kind of an odd analogy, considering she was starved to death by Scientologists for trying to get away from the cult.

edit: [url=http://harbl.wetfish.net/cosplay/]2210 Anonymous have joined our ranks world wide.
167 Events have been planned world wide.[/url]

Well that's one version of the story. On the other hand, the Scientology people are saying she was very thin and ill-looking even before the car accident, and all the Coroner reports and various tests done on her body concludes that she died of the blood clot and not starvation/dehydration.
However, I do agree that she was terribly mistreated while she was under their supervision, and that if she had decent medical treatment she would've probably live.
About the kidnapping part, she was very much into the whole Scientology thing, and I bet that if she didn't have that mental breakdown she would've stayed in Scientology and would've died anyway because of the clot.

Plexidi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 pm 

lol dangerous cult.

pseudodraconis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:17 pm 

SCMugen wrote:
Well that's one version of the story. On the other hand, the Scientology people are saying she was very thin and ill-looking even before the car accident, and all the Coroner reports and various tests done on her body concludes that she died of the blood clot and not starvation/dehydration.
However, I do agree that she was terribly mistreated while she was under their supervision, and that if she had decent medical treatment she would've probably live.
About the kidnapping part, she was very much into the whole Scientology thing, and I bet that if she didn't have that mental breakdown she would've stayed in Scientology and would've died anyway because of the clot.

Scientologists' kept logs on everything, and the logs on McPherson are floating around the internet somewhere, which included how much(or how little, rather) she was fed. She lost somewhere around forty pounds, if I'm remembering correctly.

And yes, she died of a pulmonary embolism, but it was probably due to the conditions she was kept in.
Quote:
dehydration can increase your blood's tendency to clot

http://www.vascularweb.org/patients/Nor ... olism.html

Avestriel
Butterfly Sister Petunia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:57 pm 

Plexidi wrote:
lol dangerous cult.

Yes, it's a dangerous cult.

Vansoth wrote:
I support it, Scientology is basically just a cult that steals people's money for bogus treatments.

You forgot to mention they ruin people's life/kill people

Lord_Hate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:59 pm 

Part of a post I made in another thread, but probobly more relavent here:

Lord_Hate in another thread wrote:
... I've always wondered, Anonymous thinks they are so great, why don't they do something actually useful and live up to their self-image as heartless and cruel by destroying the Obama campaign instead of the easy to hate religious kooks?

DustyFox
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:01 pm 

Plexidi wrote:
lol dangerous cult.

It indeed is :D

Pathological_Frolic
Butterfly Sister Rosemary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:03 pm 

DustyFox wrote:
Plexidi wrote:
lol dangerous cult.

It indeed is :D

:lol: Holy shit

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm 

Lord_Hate wrote:
Part of a post I made in another thread, but probobly more relavent here:

Lord_Hate in another thread wrote:
... I've always wondered, Anonymous thinks they are so great, why don't they do something actually useful and live up to their self-image as heartless and cruel by destroying the Obama campaign instead of the easy to hate religious kooks?

Cuz he be black! AMIRITE?!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next