Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lord_Hate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:47 pm 

Because he is an anti-white muslim black suppremist and black.

invoked
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:01 am 

Perhaps having "Hussein" as part of his name doesn't hold him back after all. What would really work against the guy, as Lord_Hate would suggest, is having a name like Barack Malcom X Obama Black (extra names such as "Washington" and "Blackson" optional).

WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:01 am 

Anon talks tough but as much as I'd love him to destroy scientology, I doubt he will suceed. Having said that, I do believe they will have they're hands full as you certainly don't want to fuck with Anon.

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 am 

Lord_Hate wrote:

Yeah, I must have missed his comments on 'fighting the power' and 'destroying the american capitalist pigs.'

LSD_25
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 pm 

Lord_Hate wrote:

Someone has been visiting too many White Power websites.

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:51 pm 

Lord_Hate wrote:

Prepare to be refuted word by word, bitch.

Anti-white - wrong. While part of his appeal to people is that he is black, he's also, if you needed reminding, half white. Also, for someone who is a supremist of any kind, I've never heard someone talk about unity and equality between races so much.

Muslim - Barack Obama is a Christian, and was never a Muslim, unless you don't trust the New York Times to get simple facts right. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/24/obamas-religion-and-schooling/

Black "suppremist" - :lol:

and black. - That matters? It shouldn't.

But why should you trust me? I'm a lying kike, and it's all a conspiracy by the evil multiculturalists to promote miscegenation and shit.[/sarcasm] :durr: :brick:

You have the right to be a dumbfuck racist. The Constitution guarantees you that. But if you're going to be a dumbfuck racist, please get your facts right.

Pathological_Frolic
Butterfly Sister Rosemary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:54 pm 

PriestofSadWings wrote:
You have the right to be a dumbfuck racist. The Constitution guarantees you that. But if you're going to be a dumbfuck racist, please get your facts right.

I agree with you, but I am almost 99% certain that Lord_Hate isn't serious about a good number of his posts.

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:00 pm 

Pathological_Frolic wrote:
PriestofSadWings wrote:

I agree with you, but I am almost 99% certain that Lord_Hate isn't serious about a good number of his posts.

It still gets me riled up. I really HATE people who say things like that, and if they're trolling me, sucks for them.

Brunner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:06 pm 

DustyFox wrote:
Plexidi wrote:
lol dangerous cult.

It indeed is :D

:lol: Holy shit

It also takes you directly to the Scientology website if you click "I Feel Lucky." :D

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:31 pm 

PriestofSadWings wrote:
PriestofSadWings wrote:

It still gets me riled up. I really HATE people who say things like that, and if they're trolling me, sucks for them.

Alright, that's cool. I hear shit about Obama being muslim far too often myself actually. Not really for him, but damn, people should have their facts straight when they criticize someone.

Lord_Hate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:26 am 

He is a bubbling cauldron of hatred behind his TV smile, people. Don't be taken in so easily.

DGYDP
Leather Lion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:40 am 

Obama is not a muslim, and if he were ... so what?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:34 pm 

This isn't about Obama. Lord Hate, this is the last time you will derail a thread with your inanity. Annoying fucking peasant.

SCMugen wrote:
I don't agree with an all-out war against Scientology as a religion or a church, but I do agree that we should fight for keeping the internet clean of censorship. If Scientology makes Tom Cruise or anyone else happy, then he/she should fucking do whatever makes them happy. On the other hand, if someone posts a video that totally ridicules Scientology it must not be censored, and that is what we should protest about.

I have not researched much on the McPherson death but I believe that she pretty much brought it on herself. Her death was unnecessary and very irritating and saddening, but waging an all-out war against Scientology based on that is like suing McDonald's because you ate there regularly, got fat and had a heart attack. It's not like Scientology or someone in Scientology wanted her dead, she just got too caught up in it, got fanatic and died because of it.

What a terrible analogy, and you get your facts wrong. She was locked up because she was mentally unstable and they refused to let her receive proper psychiatric care. Instead they starved her out and dehydrated her. Her body was covered with cockroach bites, for crying out loud.

And look up Operation Freakout, Operation Snow White and Fair Game. Then try telling me Scientology isn't a dangerous criminal organisation. That they have been getting mostly away with it is at least as scandalous as the Vatican cover-up of the child-molesting priests.

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
This isn't about Obama. Lord Hate, this is the last time you will derail a thread with your inanity. Annoying fucking peasant.

SCMugen wrote:
I don't agree with an all-out war against Scientology as a religion or a church, but I do agree that we should fight for keeping the internet clean of censorship. If Scientology makes Tom Cruise or anyone else happy, then he/she should fucking do whatever makes them happy. On the other hand, if someone posts a video that totally ridicules Scientology it must not be censored, and that is what we should protest about.

I have not researched much on the McPherson death but I believe that she pretty much brought it on herself. Her death was unnecessary and very irritating and saddening, but waging an all-out war against Scientology based on that is like suing McDonald's because you ate there regularly, got fat and had a heart attack. It's not like Scientology or someone in Scientology wanted her dead, she just got too caught up in it, got fanatic and died because of it.

What a terrible analogy, and you get your facts wrong. She was locked up because she was mentally unstable and they refused to let her receive proper psychiatric care. Instead they starved her out and dehydrated her. Her body was covered with cockroach bites, for crying out loud.

And look up Operation Freakout, Operation Snow White and Fair Game. Then try telling me Scientology isn't a dangerous criminal organisation. That they have been getting mostly away with it is at least as scandalous as the Vatican cover-up of the child-molesting priests.

The Vatican have been covering that up? They've done a pretty shoddy job of it, then.

Still, the main thing that separates Scientology from most religions, and I'm saying this as a sort-of religious person, is that the Torah, Bible, Koran, Analects of Confucius, etcetera are older than L. Ron Hubbard and have more followers.

SCMugen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:11 pm 

There are no facts, actually there are too many "facts" by both sides and you can't really know whats true and what's bogus. CoS makes some pretty good claims to my view, bringing non-scientology experts that concluded that she did not die of starvation or dehydration - She did not lose 20 pounds during her period at Fort whatever and she did not have substances that usually appear in blood tests of people who are starving or dehydrating. I do believe CoS have some responsibility to her death by preventing her from conventional medical care that would've discovered and solved her blood clot which led to her death, but then again, she WAS a member of the CoS, and if she didn't had that psychotic break she'd probably want to be in CoS hands. She knew how they were dealing with people in such situations and conditions and she stayed nevertheless - meaning that she knew what she was getting into and was fine with it.

Now if anything is to be a reason to wage an all out war against Scientology, is those operations you mentioned, not her death. That's what I said in the original post you quoted.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:55 pm 

PriestofSadWings wrote:
Still, the main thing that separates Scientology from most religions, and I'm saying this as a sort-of religious person, is that the Torah, Bible, Koran, Analects of Confucius, etcetera are older than L. Ron Hubbard and have more followers.

Let me know when the christians or buddhists start ruining their critic's lives with frivolous lawsuits, harassment and slander on a systematic scale.

Driotheri
Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:01 am 

Will do amigo. Don't wait up though.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:55 am 

Kutulu wrote:
SCMugen wrote:
I don't agree with an all-out war against Scientology as a religion or a church, but I do agree that we should fight for keeping the internet clean of censorship.
Exactly, it isn't like the CoS hasn't had this coming, I don't see mormons and jehova's witnesses running around trying to control the internet.

I say bring on the internet hate machine.

This.

Fuck organized religion. Every major fucking religion on the planet turns into a cash-grabbing mechanical monster. Fuck 'em.

LSD_25
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:47 pm 

Lord_Hate wrote:
He is a bubbling cauldron of hatred behind his TV smile, people. Don't be taken in so easily.

Yeah, I was shocked to learn that he fathered a black child. Colbert deserves some praise for busting that one out.

But as for the topic at hand. CoS really has this coming, I don't particularly care what BS people buy into but my main problem is with the Church itself. Didn't they declare that you have to pay for membership in the church in order to be part of the actual religion? Can't remember where I read that but if it's factually inaccurate point it out to me. How utterly ridiculous their religion is aside, all of their claims about psychology and psychiatry, e-meters, and what have you are all made up. They even hold regular demonstrations protesting psychiatry.

And that isn't even to go on about their ridiculous censorship disguised as claims of copyright infringement that they state are being done by "Copyright Terrorists". Then you have numerous other illegal moves by high ranking Scientologists. Operation Snow White and Operation Freakout. And this without going into at all about Lisa McPherson. But yes, as far as religion goes, there are far worse religions out there.

Thrasher86
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 am 

I'd rather go after Christianity.....

Avestriel
Butterfly Sister Petunia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:00 am 

Thrasher86 wrote:

Wow wow, one step at a time :shock:

:lol:

-{[(Frente Unido por la Verdad, la Ética y la Lógica)]}-

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:13 am 

Avestriel wrote:
Thrasher86 wrote:

Wow wow, one step at a time :shock:

:lol:

Naw, just get 'em all :p

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:23 pm 

LSD_25 wrote:
But yes, as far as religion goes, there are far worse religions out there.

As I recall, they stand to lose a lot of money with the outcome of a recent court case. And, anyway, they're not a very large church (Less than a 100 followers, I think, most being from Phelp's family). Anyway, yeah, they suck, but they aren't nearly that big of a threat.

LSD_25
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:53 pm 

LSD_25 wrote:

As I recall, they stand to lose a lot of money with the outcome of a recent court case. And, anyway, they're not a very large church (Less than a 100 followers, I think, most being from Phelp's family). Anyway, yeah, they suck, but they aren't nearly that big of a threat.

True, but I'm just stating that there are people whose beliefs are worse than Scientologists.

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:55 pm 

LSD_25 wrote:
LSD_25 wrote:

True, but I'm just stating that there are people whose beliefs are worse than Scientologists.

Dunno. I'd see the Phelps and the followers of Hubbard as being in, essentially, the same boat in regard to bad beliefs.

LSD_25
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:58 pm 

LSD_25 wrote:
LSD_25 wrote:

Dunno. I'd see the Phelps and the followers of Hubbard as being in, essentially, the same boat in regard to bad beliefs.

True, overall in terms of how ridiculous they are IMO. But I'd think the Phelpsites beliefs are more hateful and have more potential for creating danger if they were accepted by a larger group.

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 pm 

LSD_25 wrote:
LSD_25 wrote:
LSD_25 wrote:

True, overall in terms of how ridiculous they are IMO. But I'd think the Phelpsites beliefs are more hateful and have more potential for creating danger if they were accepted by a larger group.

Yes, they are less litigious than Scientologists and (Apparently) more in favor of violent action, I suppose.

LSD_25
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:04 pm 

LSD_25 wrote:
LSD_25 wrote:
LSD_25 wrote:

Yes, they are less litigious than Scientologists and (Apparently) more in favor of violent action, I suppose.

I think a few have been arrested for assault, but they moreover believe that god is punishing America through terrorism because of rampant homosexuality. Apparently, a handful of gays can upset the balance of the plans of the creator of the infinite multiverse.

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:10 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
PriestofSadWings wrote:

Let me know when the christians or buddhists start ruining their critic's lives with frivolous lawsuits, harassment and slander on a systematic scale.

Buddhists...? I mentioned Confucianism, which is arguably a philosophy and not a religion (whoops), but I said nothing about Buddhism. As for Christianity, ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? I'd argue that forced conversion ruins a person's life much more than a frivolous lawsuit.

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:12 pm 

PriestofSadWings wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
PriestofSadWings wrote:

Buddhists...? I mentioned Confucianism, which is arguably a philosophy and not a religion (whoops), but I said nothing about Buddhism. As for Christianity, ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? I'd argue that forced conversion ruins a person's life much more than a frivolous lawsuit.

She's likely referencing the modern era in her country and America, where church officials rarely ever make mass efforts to quell criticism of their religion.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:22 pm 

PriestofSadWings wrote:
Buddhists...? I mentioned Confucianism, which is arguably a philosophy and not a religion (whoops), but I said nothing about Buddhism.

So what is your point? You said that the only difference between Christianity, Islam, etc. and Scientology are their age. Are you saying that Buddhist DOES have a "true" difference, and if so, why?

Quote:
As for Christianity, ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? I'd argue that forced conversion ruins a person's life much more than a frivolous lawsuit.

Did you miss the part where I bolded "systematic scale"? Christianity is not and was not limited to the Spanish Inquisition, even back in the day. But in any case, we are talking about right now. Scientology IS significantly different than the religions you listed. You can argue that it's equal to the rest in terms of stupid beliefs and I'll agree; the whole Xenu thing is retarded, but not that much more so than the Virgin Mary or the Bible. But like most dangerous cults, it has its own characteristics which distinguish it from other religions; namely a systematic, centralized policy of brainwashing and persecution of its critics, created by the founder himself. It's a money-making scam, not a religion.

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:28 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
PriestofSadWings wrote:
Buddhists...? I mentioned Confucianism, which is arguably a philosophy and not a religion (whoops), but I said nothing about Buddhism.

So what is your point? You said that the only difference between Christianity, Islam, etc. and Scientology are their age. Are you saying that Buddhist DOES have a "true" difference, and if so, why?

Nope. I was just wondering why you brought Buddhism into the discussion when I hadn't said anything about it.

Morrigan wrote:
PriestofSadWings wrote:
As for Christianity, ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition? I'd argue that forced conversion ruins a person's life much more than a frivolous lawsuit.

Did you miss the part where I bolded "systematic scale"? Christianity is not and was not limited to the Spanish Inquisition, even back in the day. But in any case, we are talking about right now. Scientology IS significantly different than the religions you listed. You can argue that it's equal to the rest in terms of stupid beliefs and I'll agree; the whole Xenu thing is retarded, but not that much more so than the Virgin Mary or the Bible. But like most dangerous cults, it has its own characteristics which distinguish it from other religions; namely a systematic, centralized policy of brainwashing and persecution of its critics, created by the founder himself. It's a money-making scam, not a religion.

I guess you got me there. I have read next to nothing about Scientology, so I wouldn't know. Edit: Why did I open my mouth in the first place, then? :durr:

Lord_Hate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:36 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
It's a money-making scam, not a religion.

Probobly someone else has pointed this out before (I haven't followed the thread), but I'd like to point out that that is what the Chuch of Scientology is. Scientology itself is, like other religions, just a set of stupid beliefs.

[EDIT]: They're not really such bad guys, though. I mean, we all agree that Manson was cool, so why not give these guys the benefit of the doubt? Deep down, you all know we love our villains.

Last edited by Lord_Hate on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:37 pm 

Lord_Hate wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

Probobly someone else has pointed this out before (I haven't followed the thread), but I'd like to point out that that is what the Chuch of Scientology is. Scientology itself is, like other religions, just a set of stupid beliefs.

Yes, but these beliefs are downright RETARDED.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:40 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Lord_Hate wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

Yes, but these beliefs are downright RETARDED.

Hinduism sounds no more or less retarded to me in context, however.

Thorgrim_Honkronte
Imperius Rexxz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 pm 

Do you think he is Hindu? :lol:

Strange Death Metal

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:44 pm 

Thorgrim_Honkronte wrote:
Do you think he is Hindu? :lol:

No, I don't think he's a Hindu, I'm simply stating that the religion of Hinduism (As a Westerner completely culturally removed from it) sounds just as moronic to me as the ideas of Scientology. I'm fully aware OzzyApu's a Muslim

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:51 pm 

No, I'm sorry, the whole Xenu business is much, much more retarded than Hindu beliefs. I mean hell, at least some parts of Hindu mythology are COOL, like the Ramadan etc. Also, there isn't the whole secrecy bullshit around Hinduism, either.

Pathological_Frolic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:56 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
No, I'm sorry, the whole Xenu business is much, much more retarded than Hindu beliefs. I mean hell, at least some parts of Hindu mythology are COOL, like the Ramadan etc. Also, there isn't the whole secrecy bullshit around Hinduism, either.

Their beliefs are just as foolish and illogical as the core mythology Scientology preaches. The only reason that they don't look that way to others is because Scientology isn't a major world religion. Sure, Hinduism (Mostly) is less dangerous than Scientology, but I won't say any religion is any less retarded than the other.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:21 pm 

failsafeman wrote:

...?? I think we should remove the "safe" part from your username. ;)

PriestofSadWings wrote:
Nope. I was just wondering why you brought Buddhism into the discussion when I hadn't said anything about it.

You listed a bunch of mainstream religions. I continued the conversation in this direction, but I just happened to replace one mainstream religion you listed by another. Unless you did think Buddhism was significantly different, I really don't know why you'd bring attention to that.

Morrigan wrote:
I guess you got me there. I have read next to nothing about Scientology, so I wouldn't know. Edit: Why did I open my mouth in the first place, then? :durr:

Don't feel bad, some people think the Ramadan is Hindu... ;)

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next