Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:23 am 

Strong metal!
I bought Automata I (2018)

Do you know this band? If so, where do you recommend for me to go next?...
Too bad that they're not in the Encyclopaedia Metallum...
Rejoin my soul with thine

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:23 am 

Colors and The Great Misdirect are their best works IMO

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:36 am 

Eternal Unity wrote:
Strong metal!
I bought Automata I (2018)

Do you know this band? If so, where do you recommend for me to go next?...
Too bad that they're not in the Encyclopaedia Metallum...

What's your question here? Are you looking for similar bands you might enjoy if you like BTBAM? If so, I think Protest the Hero and The Human Abstract are always interresting choices. However, if you're a big fan of the musicians involved in BTBAM and looking for more of their work without it being very similar to BTBAM, I highly recommend Glass Casket. They are one of the few deathcore bands I actually enjoy. Also, you might want to check out ORBS. Their album Asleep Next To Science is a funk mix between prog rock, indie rock with touches of prog metal and hardcore that really make it a quite unique and enjoyable listen.

If you're looking for albums by BTBAM you should listen to, I will never not recommend Colors. It's by bar their best album, IMHO. I think it's the best progressive metalcore/deathcore release there is.

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:00 pm 

I haven't listened to their last few albums tbh, but they have some incredible albums. Alaska/Colors will always be super nostalgic to me.

greywanderer7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:39 pm 

Man, did the members of BTBAM fucked the mods' moms or anything? Why do they harbor such an irrational contempt for that band after so many years? They're playing modern prog metal not too dissimilar to Haken or those other bands, I don't get why they still are rejected.

Not only their acceptance here is long overdue, but even a thread about them is placed in the General Discussion forum, not even in other music-related forums. It's getting ridiculous.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:28 pm 

greywanderer7 wrote:
Man, did the members of BTBAM fucked the mods' moms or anything? Why do they harbor such an irrational contempt for that band after so many years? They're playing modern prog metal not too dissimilar to Haken or those other bands, I don't get why they still are rejected.

Not only their acceptance here is long overdue, but even a thread about them is placed in the General Discussion forum, not even in other music-related forums. It's getting ridiculous.

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing for a place that claims to be an "Encyclopaedia" to be this petty and not accept data based on personal vendettas.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:47 pm 

Why are you still surprised about this after it's been done for years and years? No one is going to change their minds and you have no idea whether or not a "personal vendetta" is keeping them off. It's not your site; I reckon the people who run it can do whatever they want with it.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:30 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Why are you still surprised about this after it's been done for years and years? No one is going to change their minds and you have no idea whether or not a "personal vendetta" is keeping them off. It's not your site; I reckon the people who run it can do whatever they want with it.

Why so defensive? They're free to do whatever they want with their site and we're free to say their policies make* no sense and as a result the site loses credibility as a trustworthy source of knowledge.

Last edited by Gravetemplar on Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:06 pm 

greywanderer7 wrote:

What "other music-related forums"?

Eternal Unity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:07 pm 

Oh, I just realized it's the wrong sub forum. I meant for this to be in the Metal Disscusion section. Moderators - feel free to move this.
Thanks for the answers!
Rejoin my soul with thine

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:42 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Why so defensive? They're free to do whatever they want with their site and we're free to say their policies make* no sense and as a result the site loses credibility as a trustworthy source of knowledge.

There are other places on the internet, ones that consider BTBAM to be a metal band, that contain that knowledge.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:01 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

There are other places on the internet, ones that consider BTBAM to be a metal band, that contain that knowledge.

And? There's no correlation between what I'm saying and what you're saying so please elaborate.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:32 am 

If you want a source of metal information that includes BTBAM, there are other places to go. This isn't the only metal site on the internet.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:50 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
If you want a source of metal information that includes BTBAM, there are other places to go. This isn't the only metal site on the internet.

But that's not what I meant at all. My point is a metal band not being on the archives makes this site lose credibility as a trustworthy source. I'm not a fan of BTBAM and I don't need to find anything about them, it just makes Metallum look bad and arbitrary.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:09 pm 

You could theoretically have a thread about this band on here that is like any other thread about any other band; a thread to talk about the band's music, their albums, songs, whatever. We have plenty of those, after all.

But, somehow, for this band and only this band, it appears to be an outright impossibility here. The impulse to whine about its lack of M-A inclusion seems to be simply too strong.

Too bad, I suppose.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.