* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:11 pm 

CardsOfWar wrote:
Folkemon_ wrote:
Theres not many truly HARD bosses in the soul's series, i think like 75% can easily be beaten on the first go.

either you're some kinda tough guy or you summon help for every fight. :D

Folkemon_ wrote:
Well i guess it depends on how many Souls games you've played before, ive played 1 and 2 before 3 so i knew the mechanics and could roll easy, if 3 is your first then yeh you'll get massacred

Yeah I haven't had too man problems with the bosses in this game. The one that gave me tbh most problems was that tree thing way early on. Abyss Watchers went down in 5 or 6 tries and much to the dismay and anger of my dear friend Smoking_Gnu I totally destroyed Pontiff last night whilst being pretty well drunk on my first go (well technically 3rd but I had only walked in and died twice the day before and then went to a different area).

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Plagued
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:52 am 

What are the general opinions on High Lord Wolnir? The fight itself was trash in my opinion, but the whole concept surrounding him is absolutely brilliant. Although he was an imperialist tyrant, I ended up pitying him. You destroy his fashion bracelets, which are the only thing that keeps him from slipping into the abyss. And after his slipping he prays to the gods the first time and he experienced true fear for the first time. I don't think that the abyss people took too kindly to him.

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:53 pm 

I love the High Lord Wolnir fight because it plays out like a more fun and interesting version of Bed of Chaos, which is the most lame-ass Souls fight of all time. I love the concept of defeating a giant grinning skeleton lord by destroying his beautiful bracelets.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:54 pm 

Thing with HLW is that he maybe would have been harder earlier on, but you're facing him right after the Abyss Watchers, which is the first legitimately challenging boss in the game, so you already have a hell of a warm-up.

For some reason I had a great deal of trouble with CG, to the point that I just said fuck it and summoned an NPC and PC to beat the shit out of him. Took down DA in one try though.

Plagued
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:21 pm 

Funnily enough, I had more problems with the CRG than with CG or DA (whom I both beat on my first try, luckily) Just goes to show how subjective the difficulty in Souls games is.
I must've died like 5 times to that stupid tree, only because I was running around not being able to find the additional warts required to kill him. I still despise him to this day. Later found out that you can actually target the hand during phase 2, which still doesn't make the fight any good

The only redeeming thing I find about HLW is the lore surrounding him, but the lore... damn, still makes pity the fool.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:24 pm 

Never had problems with CG or DA either. They hit hard, but their attacks are quite telegraphed. Plus CG can be parried too. :P

AW, L&L, TNK and SoC are the ones that always gave me trouble.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Plagued
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 am 

The AW are pretty easy to deal with when using strength weapons I found out. They have litteraly no poise at all, and a single blow staggers them while dealing a good chunk of damage. But I have to agree, they definitely were a pain to fight the first couple of times around, and still kick my ass regularly...

Concerning bosses: has anyone found themselves getting killed on purpose when the boss was low health? Maybe it's just me, but sometimes when I feel that I haven't learned the fight properly, don't know the moves of the boss inside out, I just let myself get killed to have anothr go at him. Made quite a few fights much easier and it's satisfying to know the movesets so well.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:51 am 

Plagued wrote:
Concerning bosses: has anyone found themselves getting killed on purpose when the boss was low health?

No, that just sounds really dumb.

I replay the games constantly with different builds though so... maybe that makes a difference.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Plagued
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:01 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Plagued wrote:
Concerning bosses: has anyone found themselves getting killed on purpose when the boss was low health?

No, that just sounds really dumb.

I replay the games constantly with different builds though so... maybe that makes a difference.

haha yeah, it might very well be a dumb idea, but I always felt that it helped me learn the bosses inside out. Plus, my first character in Souls games (except Dark Souls) was always something like a pathfinder, whom I used to to learn the game extensively. Every character I created after that was just a different build I used to set different challenges for myself and/or use as a PVP character. Knowing the bosses helped a lot in that regard though :P

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:10 am 

I have a problem.

I can't stop invading with my assassin (Entreri). I just can't. I used to think it sucked that invading prioritized hosts with phantoms but now I think it's the other way around; I'm having way too much fun murdering phantoms left and right before murdering the host. Even better when they're not real questers trying to progress, but dickhead gank squads. Just won a 4v1 encounter (killed everyone too, not just the host, fortunately I got him before he could get reinforcements) and it was glooooorious.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:51 am 

I have a problem too, he's called Yhorm the Giant and he hurts me so bad. :panda: :panda: :panda:

Azmodes wrote:

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:05 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
I have a problem too, he's called Yhorm the Giant and he hurts me so bad. :panda: :panda: :panda:

I had some problems with him until I realized you could use the Storm Ruler from pretty much all the way across the boss room. It also took me some practice to realize how the Storm Ruler works, you gotta charge it up with L2 (you can release after it's charged and it will stay charged) and then hold L2 and hit R2 to release. Even after figuring that out, the first time I killed him I stayed right up on his feet because I thought I needed to be close to him.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:08 am 

Beat the game last night! Except I realized I missed fully exploring Archdragon Peak before jumping into NG+; I didn't realize (we still spoilering stuff?)

Spoiler: show
there's a bunch of stuff past the initial boss arena including the area where you can OHK the wyvern and then fight the Nameless King.

Also missed Smoldering Lake. And I never found the pyromancy trainer during my entire first playthrough, so my build turned from pyromancer into straight-up tank. Derp.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:51 pm 

ingmar birdman wrote:
Erosion of Humanity wrote:

I had some problems with him until I realized you could use the Storm Ruler from pretty much all the way across the boss room. It also took me some practice to realize how the Storm Ruler works, you gotta charge it up with L2 (you can release after it's charged and it will stay charged) and then hold L2 and hit R2 to release. Even after figuring that out, the first time I killed him I stayed right up on his feet because I thought I needed to be close to him.

How do you people know the damn sword was back there!? I only found out by process of Google and even then didn't realize you could grab it before beating him until I was told by a friend. Anyways thanks for the help, I'll be going and destroying his ass tonight.

Azmodes wrote:

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:07 pm 

Hahaha I was wondering if that was the problem! Yeah a friend of mine spoiled it for me by telling me you have to kill him with a specific weapon so I knew I had to go grab it as soon as the fight started. I would've probably been clueless about it otherwise.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:10 pm 

Ahhh ok good I'm not the only one. Shit I was just going in there and doing around 100/swing and I was like what the hell am I gonna do? Lol, didn't think I'd be able to kill him.

Azmodes wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:51 pm 

Siegward killed the boss for me the first time. :lol: I was meleeing the boss, wondering why I did so little damage, and every now and then he'd lose huge chunks of health. I had no idea what was going on but I assumed Siegward was doing something special though I didn't really notice. Then after I picked up the
Stormruler
and went "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" hahaha.

Those of us who played Demon's Souls have an advantage in this fight. ;)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:04 pm 

Yeah I never played Demon Souls so I totally missed that throwback. I also apparently fubar'd Seigward's quest line so he wasn't around to assist me in the fight. Ahh well at least now I know how to beat godzilla.

Azmodes wrote:

SatanicSponge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:30 am 

I'm hearing somuch about Dark Souls 3 everywhere, and I'm just sitting here like "oh, uhh, I kinda only just got past the Taurus Demon after having the game for about a year or so, so . . ."
Of course, I only picked that game up 3 or 4 times after buying it. i rmemeber when i first got it I could only play it for, like, an hour and ahalf before rage quitting.
Yeah, I'm pretty bad at that game.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:52 pm 

I got confused and thought, "aren't you the OP?", but that's a different Satanic Object. :lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:17 am 

ingmar birdman wrote:
Hahaha I was wondering if that was the problem! Yeah a friend of mine spoiled it for me by telling me you have to kill him with a specific weapon so I knew I had to go grab it as soon as the fight started. I would've probably been clueless about it otherwise.

A bit of a general advice - do make a habit of checking out messages. Some of them are hints left by the devs. The YtG has one (right before the item), and there are at least two other rather useful instances. You can tell these apart by your inability to rate them.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 pm 

yentass wrote:
ingmar birdman wrote:

A bit of a general advice - do make a habit of checking out messages. Some of them are hints left by the devs. The YtG has one (right before the item), and there are at least two other rather useful instances. You can tell these apart by your inability to rate them.

Much like the "plunging attack" dev message in Archdragon Peak, hahaha. Easy to miss.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:23 am 

ingmar birdman wrote:
Much like the "plunging attack" dev message in Archdragon Peak, hahaha. Easy to miss.

Spoilers much? But yeah, exactly.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:38 pm 

Gahhhhhhh this fucking dancer is raping me blind. I don't know why but I just can't do this fight. Fuuuuuuuuuu :grr:

Azmodes wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:27 pm 

Try
bleed

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:01 pm 

Thanks Morri!! I'll give that a go soon!

Azmodes wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:42 pm 

So... this is myself, Kahalachan and his friend nerding out:

With the Dried Finger (which we have active at all times anyway 'cause we want some PvP action too), we can summon a 4th player. If there are other FF6 fans who want to join our party and who'd like to cosplay Celes, Cyan, Gogo or whoever would work with the available gear in the game, let me know! We can help transfer/donate equipment (like Sirris' armour would be nice for Celes but it's a pain to get) from our other characters if needed.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:18 pm 

Better pic of the Figaro brothers!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:19 pm 

Quick question here to anyone who has Scholar of the First Sin on PC: I know they released a patch that fixes the weapon-degradation bug like a year ago, but for some weird reason I'm fairly certain it's still active on mine? (Just bought the game on steam last night.) Any weapon I have breaks in the time it takes get from Majula to the Cardinal Tower bonfire...Hell, killing about 10 enemies is enough to get it down to almost half. Has there been some instances of that bug popping back up on PCs in spite of the patch? Title screen says I'm at version 1.0.2 and calibration 2.0.2.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:26 pm 

What weapon are you using?

In DS2, weapons just break faster than in other games. You are supposed to rest every now and then (did you miss the first bonfire in the Forest before Cardinal Tower?) or use repair powder on rare occasions, but for the most part it's not an issue unless you are using a weapon with really low durability or keep hitting walls or whatnot (btw, illusory walls are activated by X/A button, not attacking them, in this one).

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:32 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
What weapon are you using?

In DS2, weapons just break faster than in other games. You are supposed to rest every now and then (did you miss the first bonfire in the Forest before Cardinal Tower?) or use repair powder on rare occasions, but for the most part it's not an issue unless you are using a weapon with really low durability or keep hitting walls or whatnot (btw, illusory walls are activated by X/A button, not attacking them, in this one).

Hmm...To be fair, I've only used the basic dagger and shortsword available at the beginning of the game, which I'm guessing have low durability on their own, and I'm just coming off DS3, where weapon durability seems to be a total non-issue (and didn't play much of DS2 when it first released, so my point of reference there is fuzzy.) Guess I just remembered things poorly.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:33 pm 

Do I invade too much, or what?

Naaah....

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:44 pm 

Mental note: the name "MorriganStark" pops up in your game, you jump off the nearest cliff.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:32 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Mental note: the name "MorriganStark" pops up in your game, you jump off the nearest cliff.

Sure. But well, if you do that, you will end up somewhere on my Coward-Shaming Playlist on Youtube... :D

Like this guy :lol:

Also, in Dark Souls 3 you can show character names, which I hope most people choose...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:54 pm 

I'd totally jump off the cliff just to be forever immortalized on your wall of shame. But then again I'm in it for the fame and glory.

Azmodes wrote:

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 pm 

I am completely unsurprised that Morrigan of all people would mantain a YouTube gallery of shame for DS players :lol:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:50 pm 

:D

I do fun stuff too! Like this!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 pm 

i thought i would bring this back purely due to the game of the year edition coming out, i must admit i traded dark souls 3 in because i got stuck on those bloody princes(no one had as much trouble with them as i did i was terrible against them) it will be nice to revisit the game again

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:47 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I got confused and thought, "aren't you the OP?", but that's a different Satanic Object. :lol:

there are so many Satanic objects around :P i honestly miss playing this game till i got butthurt over that boss but i will fight them again and most likely get butt hurt again but its still an amazing game and the DLC looks good i just wish they had 3 new dlc pack's instead of just 2

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:16 pm 

I hope the GOTY edition save is compatible with the vanilla game, at least... I heard Bloodborne's GOTY version isn't, though I'm not sure how true that is.

Unless you don't mind restarting from scratch of course.

Anyway, look forward to the second DLC, even if I'm 100% invested in Nioh right now. And Horizon coming out soon. Ahhhh

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next