Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BrianL
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:56 am 

Mine was Robin Yount.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:48 am 

The only baseball team I ever followed, even to this day, was the San Francisco Giants. I was a huge Will Clark fan. Had a huge poster of him on my wall and stuff. He was quite a character, as well as a heck of a first baseman. None of the great 80s or 90s Giants players were ever able to win a championship though, sadly. Those 80s/90s teams had a ton of talent, but the Bruce Bochy-era teams were better teams overall.

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:32 am 

Me, of course. I find the sport mind-numbingly boring to watch but enjoyed playing baseball and its variants (softball, T-ball) as a child at school to get out of class. It was quite fun until I smacked someone on the back of the head by accident and never touched a bat again.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:32 am 

Buddy from the movie Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch. Wasn't into sports as a kid, but I was into movies about animals playing sports.

BrianL
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:35 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
The only baseball team I ever followed, even to this day, was the San Francisco Giants. I was a huge Will Clark fan. Had a huge poster of him on my wall and stuff. He was quite a character, as well as a heck of a first baseman. None of the great 80s or 90s Giants players were ever able to win a championship though, sadly. Those 80s/90s teams had a ton of talent, but the Bruce Bochy-era teams were better teams overall.

I remember buying a Will Clark rookie card at a baseball card show.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:00 am 

Ken Griffey, Jr., mostly because of that super sick game for N64 that I played nonstop. It helps that the Pirates were in the middle of their historic suckfest, as well.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:03 am 

Nolan Ryan, for one very simple, shallow reason: my name is Ryan, and that's one of his names. I was also aware that he was one of the best pitchers ever, so that made it even better. But really I never cared about sports. I just briefly (VERY briefly) got into baseball cards.

Reply to topic