Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LOYAL2ONE
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:47 pm 

Randy Blythe, Lamb of God vocalist was assaulted by some teenagers in Dublin earlier.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... sid=117867

Last edited by LOYAL2ONE on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:49 pm 

Great post bro. Can we get a link or something?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 pm 

Was that the guy who killed someone on stage, or the guy who tried to have his wife killed?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 pm 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lamb-o ... n-ireland/
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:53 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Was that the guy who killed someone on stage, or the guy who tried to have his wife killed?

He's the first, the latter was the dude from As I Lay Dying.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:24 pm 

Man, just looking at his face makes me want to mug him. I can see why it happened.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:42 pm 

Dude's got some bad luck.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:17 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
droneriot wrote:
<BR abp="293"><BR abp="294">He's the first, the latter was the dude from As I Lay Dying.

He's neither. The guy fell backwards after being shoved and died hours later.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:31 pm 

So... he indirectly killed a guy?

And good look on not putting this in metal discussion.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:14 am 

Supposedly the dude kept slipping past security and running straight at him. Wasn't until the third time that he pushed him away. I'd call that self defence resulting in an accident, not even manslaughter.

wharton
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:34 am 

He learned a lesson somehow on the assault.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:28 am 

MonumentalBlackArt wrote:
Man, just looking at his face makes me want to mug him. I can see why it happened.

:???: You can see why five or more teenagers randomly attacked someone with no intention other than hurting them? I've seen comments like this numerous times here, especially for controversial bands, and I don't like it because it implies that, in some way, they had it coming to them. That Randy deserved to be beaten up. If Randy was just taking photos or whatever it was he was doing, minding his own business, then the teenagers that attacked him are nothing more than cowards.

I realise this is just a forum online and I can't imagine you would keep this point of view offline, but these comments sadden me.

Diamhea is right: he's got some pretty awful luck, especially on the heels of that death in...Prague, was it? Vienna? Either way, hopefully his luck turns very soon and he can get back to enjoying playing the music he loves instead of having to worry about matters that I can barely conceive of.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

stefan86
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:42 am 

Europe seems to be working out well for him.

Add me on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/stefan86

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:01 am 

MikeyC wrote:

:???: You can see why five or more teenagers randomly attacked someone with no intention other than hurting them? I've seen comments like this numerous times here, especially for controversial bands, and I don't like it because it implies that, in some way, they had it coming to them. That Randy deserved to be beaten up. If Randy was just taking photos or whatever it was he was doing, minding his own business, then the teenagers that attacked him are nothing more than cowards.

I realise this is just a forum online and I can't imagine you would keep this point of view offline, but these comments sadden me.
Just sounds like a typical bonehead blabbermouth comment, seeping it's way onto MA.

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:11 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
*takes MBA way too seriously*
*does the same thing*

C'mon guys.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 am 

Nah, your original post wasn't funny at all and volutetheswarth and Mikey are right.

Sucks for Blythe. Dude seems to be having a shit time of it at any rate.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:58 am 

Same here. Having actually been mugged in the wee hours, I found it in really poor taste.

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:20 am 

Whether it was funny/in poor taste isn't what I was talking about. I just though it was strange that MikeyC thought I was being serious.

I guess you guys are right though. I'll turn in my badge and cap tomorrow.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:43 am 

This story reminds me of something that wandered my mind years ago, some random thought: You know, Dani Filth is really famous, but when he walks through his hometown or anywhere, no one actually knows he's famous. I think even Bruce Dickinson or Rob Halford could walk the streets of London and barely anyone, if anyone at all, would recognise and bother them. That's kind of awesome in a way, how in metal you can be a celebrity but still live a completely normal life without all the hassle normally associated with celebrity status.

Of course in Randy Blythe's case it didn't do him much good, like, he probably would have preferred if the kids asked for his autograph and a picture with him. Being the victim of a violent crime is always shit. However, I was just talking about how you can be seen as a completely normal person like any other (he obviously was) despite selling quadrillions of records.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:05 pm 

When I noticed this post, the first thing that came to mind was "What? Did he kill another guy!?".
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm 

Yeah, this story kinda hit home for me since I've gone through a very similar experience. I hope the little bastards responsible are caught and charged as adults, if possible in Ireland.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:31 pm 

I guess you guys are right though. I'll turn in my badge and cap tomorrow.

Where do you live that the police carry a cap instead of a pistol? I'm coming to do some crimes.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:36 pm 

Must be cap guns.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:53 pm 

droneriot wrote:
This story reminds me of something that wandered my mind years ago, some random thought: You know, Dani Filth is really famous, but when he walks through his hometown or anywhere, no one actually knows he's famous. I think even Bruce Dickinson or Rob Halford could walk the streets of London and barely anyone, if anyone at all, would recognise and bother them. That's kind of awesome in a way, how in metal you can be a celebrity but still live a completely normal life without all the hassle normally associated with celebrity status.

Of course in Randy Blythe's case it didn't do him much good, like, he probably would have preferred if the kids asked for his autograph and a picture with him. Being the victim of a violent crime is always shit. However, I was just talking about how you can be seen as a completely normal person like any other (he obviously was) despite selling quadrillions of records.

Last time I was in Brazil my cousins told me that they see Derrick Green in São Paulo sometimes, and no one recognizes him.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:45 pm 

I just though it was strange that MikeyC thought I was being serious.

You can never tell on this forum sometimes. :P

droneriot wrote:

I've had this exact same thought, too, and I've even had a conversation about this to...someone, many years ago. Like, everyone knows who George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher is in the metal realm, but outside of that he could very well just live normally and nobody would know who he is. I guess it's a pretty neat balance.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:19 am 

I bet David Prowse is happy that he can go out and not have anyone screaming "holy shit it's Darth Vader!!!" everywhere he goes.

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:28 am 

I would really put my money on him starting this confrontation that ended with him getting assaulted.

I'm sure he'd come off the music he makes, stereotypical American tough guy metalcore bullshit.

Nothing to be suprised about here.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:34 am 

Jackoroth wrote:
I would really put my money on him starting this confrontation that ended with him getting assaulted.

He started the confrontation by being downtown by himself late at night.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:22 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:

I'm sure he'd come off the music he makes, stereotypical American tough guy metalcore bullshit.

You're basing this off what, your opinion of his music and your personal feelings? Weird, illogical jumps in thought to make on bare-bones speculation. I think Lamb of God fucking sucks and has nothing good about them, but that's a ridiculous thing to say about Blythe unless you know something we don't.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:45 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
I've had this exact same thought, too, and I've even had a conversation about this to...someone, many years ago. Like, everyone knows who George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher is in the metal realm, but outside of that he could very well just live normally and nobody would know who he is. I guess it's a pretty neat balance.

I bet people still stare and gawk at Corpsegrinder when he walks by. He looks like a massive mountain troll with long flowing hair and a neck as wide as redwood tree, not a sight most people see every day. :lol:

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:57 pm 

Jackoroth wrote:

:durr:... Don't drink and post.

Reply to topic