Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:44 am 

So this does not have an article here on MA because it almost certainly doesn't qualify as metal for the encyclopaedia's purposes. I was just curious to know what the rest of you thought of Sophia's post-Blood Stain Child project and its debut album, (unofficially) streamable here:

http://html5.grooveshark.com/#!/album/t ... x/10002562

I bought it...and I love the paradoxical fuck out of it. It's so ridiculously eclectic that it's a wonder that it works, but some how, some way, it does. I've probably played more of its tracks more often than anything in recent memory, and for something that does not consistently stick to one end of the music spectrum, it flows well enough that it's scary.

I think my favourite chunk of this album (note that I am not picking a favourite song, but a chunk) would have to be "Dream; Paralysis", "The Human Paradox", and "[Ne]: Mesis - The Kiss of Justice". Said chunk also just so happens to serve as a decent summary of the album for you folks who don't really care to partake in its entire runtime.

I will say that, having heard her sing here, I can especially agree with one aspect of her reminiscence of her time with BSC: it really was a damn shame how much they decided to autotune the fuck out of her on Epsilon. She was great on that record, but here is where her voice is really free from the bullshit.

If the album were on MA, I'd probably review it and give it at least a 90%.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:37 am 

I reviewed it for TMO and gave it a 65. Her voice sounds great and I love it, but the electronics aren't very consistently or well implemented. Some songs sound great, close to "Stargazer" or something, but there are too many slower songs with just pianos. Oh and barely any metal riffs, which really shouldn't matter but whatever. Oh yeah and the songs you mentioned are all of the ones I thought were the best too, so it must be pretty obvious. My god the sound quality on that stream is horrible!
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Reply to topic