Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:00 pm 

WHAT ARE YOU
Fuck it I don't know

Azathoth500
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:51 pm 

true_death wrote:
I mean.......what the fuck?!? o_O I don't even know what to say. I might be acting dramatic right now, but I honestly believe that this might very well be the single worst thing I have ever heard (and the video is equally cringeworthy. For reference, this is the real Atrocity, which I am used to. I'll now have to pour drain cleaner in my eyes and ears to cleanse myself of this *ahem* atrocity, and re-convince myself that the band "tragically" broke up in 1992 :lol:.

For the record, the original song is better, though it might not be your cup of tea

Personally, I prefer the very different noisy version from Neu Konservatiw:

~Guest 76452
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:48 pm 

I think I need to wash my brain out with bleach!

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:36 am 

true_death wrote:
I've still never even heard this "whip me nae nae" or whatever it's called, that I keep hearing people complaining about. But I usually try to avoid these kinds of things, anyway...

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
:lol: i think that video is a meme, for like internet fame only.

it's fucking amazing how many people like this but will shit on hip-hop for having bad lyrics. Kiss is a fucking useless band.

This is probably the only actually good KISS song:

I agree, they are a pretty overrated and worthless band in general, but I'd still rather listen to them (or pretty much any rock music) than any of the pseudo-intellectual hipster hip-hop that gets plugged by Anthony Fantano, or sickening pseudo-avant garde garbage like Die Antwoord. Maybe it's just me, though...I've become very closed minded in recent years and I basically never venture outside my comfort zone (old school death metal, gothic metal, heavy metal, black metal, etc.) anymore.

Man that Heaven's on Fire song is pretty outrageous, very 80...

But Kiss is a band that I want to listen since forever, I don't know where to start. I know all the bullshit that surrounds the band, but given the fact that Sammet, King Diamond, Abbath and Chuck are/were crazy about Kiss, I suspect that maybe they are not that useless... something cool they would have done. Someone knows where I could start?

Opinionated_Metaller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 pm 

Perdition666 wrote:

I think I need to wash my brain out with bleach!

Japanese? Check. Furries? Check. MS Paint? Check. I think we've found a video that is a condensed representation of the "cringe" side of DeviantArt. (Nothing against DA itself, but...)

Sepulchrave, when comparing bands to visual imagery wrote:
Silencer - bright yellow colour.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:02 am 

The Hell Patrol I mean what gives these guys the god given right to create such a awesomely stupid piece of crap song.

JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sang Dalang Abu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:02 pm 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
The Hell Patrol I mean what gives these guys the god given right to create such a awesomely stupid piece of crap song.
JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If It's your opinion, people will admit it even if you are kidding. :durr:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:08 pm 

Somehow, someway, this might be worse than the horrid karaoke cover I posted of this weeks ago.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:31 am 

That made my skin crawl.

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:49 am 

Subrick wrote:
Somehow, someway, this might be worse than the horrid karaoke cover I posted of this weeks ago.

(Kidz Bop Kids vid)

Wow, that sucked! I couldn't even stand 10 seconds through that cover.
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:55 am 

What was it that Amy Lee said in 'Tourniquet'? 'I want to die' or something like that? Because that is a pretty good summation of how I feel about that... thing.

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:48 am 

Yep. It's "I want to die."
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

Opinionated_Metaller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:06 pm 

Seeing "Kidz Bop" being suggested in this thread only reminds me of this abomination that isn't official Kidz Bop, but at least ten times worse:

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:04 am 

If you look up a list of all the Kidz Bop songs it's kind of funny going through it and searching YouTube for the songs you think will be the most abhorrent. Highlights from the last ten minutes of my life include:

And this one where they change the song's entire meaning:

dragons_secrets
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:40 pm 

true_death wrote:
I've still never even heard this "whip me nae nae" or whatever it's called, that I keep hearing people complaining about. But I usually try to avoid these kinds of things, anyway...

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
:lol: i think that video is a meme, for like internet fame only.

it's fucking amazing how many people like this but will shit on hip-hop for having bad lyrics. Kiss is a fucking useless band.

This is probably the only actually good KISS song:

I agree, they are a pretty overrated and worthless band in general, but I'd still rather listen to them (or pretty much any rock music) than any of the pseudo-intellectual hipster hip-hop that gets plugged by Anthony Fantano, or sickening pseudo-avant garde garbage like Die Antwoord. Maybe it's just me, though...I've become very closed minded in recent years and I basically never venture outside my comfort zone (old school death metal, gothic metal, heavy metal, black metal, etc.) anymore.

Kiss should never be mentioned in a "worst songs ever" thread (sure, Heaven's On Fire is one of their worst songs to be honest) especially as long as there's this:

And also this:

Anyway, you can't deny the impact that Kiss had on hard rock and metal even if you consider them a worthless band. To each their own, though.
" -- Ozzy Osbourne - Breaking All The Rules

Discogs

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:57 am 

dragons_secrets wrote:

Meghan Trainor is everywhere now. She's not the worst I've ever heard but "Lips Are Movin" is certainly one of her bad ones.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:15 am 

Dear god, the chorus in that Lips Are Movin song is musical crack. Producers have finally cracked the code of catchiness. That video is hideous though.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Opinionated_Metaller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:27 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Dear god, the chorus in that Lips Are Movin song is musical crack.

EEHHHHH EEEHHHHHH EEEHHHHHH EEEEHHHHHH

I mean, whose idea was that?

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:25 am 

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:24 pm 

This has to be one of the worst violations of a classic metal song by any artist with some sort of notability. Much in the same way that Vader chugged in 'Freezing Moon', Static-X saw fit to chug in 'Behind the Wall of Sleep'. :ugh:

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:17 pm 

Its Static-X. You don't even need to listen to it to already know its going to be really really bad.

On a similar note though, I was actually shocked at how good Disturbed's version of Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" was. It is by far the best thing they have ever done. It may be the ONLY GOOD thing they have ever done, in fact, but it is surprising how well their version of that song turned out.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:17 pm 

Napalm_Satan wrote:

This has to be one of the worst violations of a classic metal song by any artist with some sort of notability. Much in the same way that Vader chugged in 'Freezing Moon', Static-X saw fit to chug in 'Behind the Wall of Sleep'. :ugh:

Aside from the Freezing Moon remark, this is exactly what I thought when I first heard this cover years ago. At first I thought Static-X didn't even use any of the original music, but on closer inspection, the original riffs are there, they are just waaaaaaaaaaaay in the background.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:31 pm 

I've been trying for the last two minutes to come up with something to say about Napalm's stupid comment about the Freezing Moon cover, but I think what he said is so dumb that it's impossible for me to put into words how dumb it is.

--

Chthonic's cover of Painkiller is quite bad. They added a bunch of pointless blasting and the way they reimagined how to play the song completely kills it.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:54 am 

I should point out that I've never heard that cover before, I based that comment on a quote someone had in their signature. I assume that there actually is no chugging in 'Freezing Moon'?

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:01 pm 

There is but comparing it to a fucking cover by a completely different band with a different purpose behind the music like Static-X is dumb.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 pm 

OK fair enough. It was the first cover of a classic metal song I could think of with chugging :P

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:37 am 

Discovered this on rateyourmusic.com and it's just amazing.

It's like this guy milked out everything atrocious in dungeon synth and distributed it on mp3.

Mutterficker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:00 am 

Scorntyrant wrote:
The Droog wrote:
What's especially terrible is that electronic music hasn't grown up. Rock and roll, hip hop, swing— these were all dance genres. Then a band came along that turned the sound from music you stood up and danced to into something you sat down and listened to. We got straight rock, rap, and jazz.

EDM, for whatever reason, hasn't had that 'sit down and listen to it' moment yet that'll turn it into straight electronic music. There are artists that try. I used to think electronic music was pure tween dance-pop shit until I heard some of these acts and realized you could be electronic and 'serious' and 'artistic'. Same way with rap. I realized I just don't like mindless dance music, and when I discovered bands and artists like Public Enemy and Afrika Bambaataa, I made the connection.

Are you shitting me? That's been going on since Brian Eno in the 70's. You've never listened to, just to pull some names out of a hat, Autechere, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Scanner, the entire Warp records roster....?There's been electronic music which is not primarily meant for dancing for at least 30 years.

Your frame of reference is just plain wrong. "EDM" is an American term describing something that came and went in the UK 20 something years ago. And that cene most definitely had it's "sit down and listen" phase sometime around 1996, if not well before due to the influence of Dub music in Britain.

"Artificial Intelligence was a compilation album released on Warp Records on 9 July 1992 (see 1992 in music), and subsequently for America in 1993 on the Wax Trax label. The album is the first release in Warp's Artificial Intelligence series.

According to Warp co-founder Steve Beckett, the album was primarily intended for sedentary listening rather than dancing, and this was reflected in the album art, which depicts an android asleep in an armchair with Kraftwerk and Pink Floyd albums at its side:
“ You could sit down and listen to it like you would a Kraftwerk or Pink Floyd album. That's why we put those sleeves on the cover of Artificial Intelligence - to get it into people's minds that you weren't supposed to dance to it!"

Though I agree with what you're saying, I think you missed The Droog's base argument, that electronic music has a stigma in the mainstream that it's all dance music, not that it actually is all dance music. Only an uninformed moron would actually say all electronic music is dance floor music, probably along with "all rap is shit" and "all indie is pretentious Radiohead-Beatles wannabe shit".

Also it's not really helping your argument that electronic music doesn't have a stigma that it's all dance music when you list a quote that literally admits that such a stigma exists.

Imagine if I released a rock record or a rap record and had to state "You're not supposed to dance to this." You'd think I was being a redundant twat if not wonder where I even got the idea that you were supposed to dance to it from. But when it comes to electronic music most people immediately think of it as dance music and are actually stunned when it's something more like Aphex Twin. I've even heard people unironically call Radiohead's 'Kid A' "electronic dance music", and these are otherwise respectable music listeners.

To kill off this baseless stigma (and get rid of those 12 year olds who say you can't make real music with a computer), we need a non-dance electronic record to really blow it out of the park on the charts and radio.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:31 am 

Sepulchrave wrote:
Discovered this on rateyourmusic.com and it's just amazing.

It's like this guy milked out everything atrocious in dungeon synth and distributed it on mp3.

This is incredible, thank you.

edit: holy fuck there's a Iommiesque solo in here!

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:52 am 

get Carly Rae the FUCK OUTTA DIS THREAD. how dare you.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:57 am 

more like carly bae

EternalDrone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:57 am 

Mutterficker wrote:
I've heard some in the past, but I recently came across some 8 bit covers of death metal.
This interested me and now I'm looking for more chiptune metal. But while epic tracks do exist, they eventually mesh into a Castlevania marathon.

Now I want to storm into a piss typhoon. I came across an ungodly abomination of human psychosis. It was an 8 bit metal cover done in a Lego music maker. It was an effeminate Satan passively raping a synth making no attempt to sound like a human creation.

It made me want to find the worst songs ever made.

I found one.

This isn't music. This is noise. This is the sound of menstrual blood dripping onto an electric guitar in 5/4.

What are your horror stories? *Before anything, if that tangent about chiptune metal sounded inconsequential, even for me, it's because Anamanaguchi set the bar high for chiptune punk, so certainly metal— perennially more complex and Nintendo than punk— should have been better.*

I may be 2 years too late, and maybe somebody has already said this over the course of the thread, but The Shaggs are actually great.
It's like somebody made a Captain Beefheart record by accident. It's incredible.
An interesting piece of trivia, Kurt Cobin listed Philosophy of the World as his favorite album of all time.

MikeyC wrote:
I was at the gym this morning and I heard this corker from Kanye West.

First thirty seconds are a false sense of security. This is almost unlistenable and only keeps you watching because of tits (safe for work but only just).

Ye is the GOAT, and Bound 2 is one of the best tracks off Yeezus.

Yes, I came here just to disagree with people. Unapologetically, as well.

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
get Carly Rae the FUCK OUTTA DIS THREAD. how dare you.

You actually like her?

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:36 am 

EternalDrone wrote:
An interesting piece of trivia, Kurt Cobin listed Philosophy of the World as his favorite album of all time.

This is a prime example of why alternative rock is garbage that killed rock music.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:28 am 

Alright, usually I don't really care about modern pop music, because it never really changes and there is no point complaining about it, but there is this song out right now called "Panda" and it is one of the worst pop songs I have EVER heard in my entire life. It seriously makes me cringe on levels I didn't know were possible.

EternalDrone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:15 pm 

stainedclass2112 wrote:
Alright, usually I don't really care about modern pop music, because it never really changes and there is no point complaining about it, but there is this song out right now called "Panda" and it is one of the worst pop songs I have EVER heard in my entire life. It seriously makes me cringe on levels I didn't know were possible.

Also, Panda is a really good song, and I was listening to it months ago, when it first came out.
That being said, it will probably be nothing compared to this new Desiigner track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMrqgNs4GpU

Not out yet, but from the snippet it sounds amazing. Might be one of the best songs of the year is the finished track is as good as I hope it is.

I actually think modern rap (trap, cloud rap, drill, etc.) has a lot in common with extreme metal in general, in terms of melody, energy, and dark themes, but especially in the atmosphere. Current rap, as well as a lot of the music which is influenced by it, is actually a bit avant-garde, pop music or not.
Sure, it's popular with kids, but it's actually very alien sounding to more conservative music fans, much in the same way that Motorhead or Venom must have sounded decades ago.

There's also this cool punk rock aspect to it, from the simplicity and the fact that so many musical conventions are broken, both in terms of the creative process and in the actual composition. In all seriousness, if you dive into the catalog of say, Chief Keef, there is a level of experimentation and creativity which is unmatched at least amongst other forms of current pop music.

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:49 pm 

I get the feeling you're trying to be all edgy and sophisticated. What's it like viewing life through those hipster glasses?

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 pm 

Just stick to huffing glue mate, it's better for your musical taste than sniffing your own farts.

EternalDrone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:20 pm 

Keep wearing cargo shorts, fam.

Last edited by EternalDrone on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:22 pm 

Don't even know what cargo shorts are, mate.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 50  Next