Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:23 pm 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-malcolm-young-taking-break-from-acdc-due-to-ill-health/

What does everyone think about this? I'm far from the biggest AC/DC fan around, but I hope all will be ok for him.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:28 pm 

Man, I hope he's okay too. AC/DC is one of those bands that everybody grew up with (people my age anyway) and always have kind of a soft spot for. They did some good stuff, sure it seems quaint and maybe a bit overplayed nowdays but I still enjoy rocking out to their late 70's/Pre Brian Johnson stuff now and again. Get well Malcolm!

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 am 

Yep I heard about Malcolm Young this morning. AC/DC were one of the gateway bands for me to get into metal in the 80s. Yes I consider them metal. I love their albums and hope to see them live at least once. When I heard about Malcolm this morning it made my heart sink. I hope he's able to recover from whatever it is that is causing his pain. I read that they are being private about it, so I hope everyone respects those wishes.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:10 am 

This sucks for him, but at least it's not as bad as the earlier reports that they were gonna retire because of him getting sick. Hopefully this isn't the last of him in the band and he can get better before they do call it quits.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:19 pm 

Seems a good time to post one of my favourite AC/DC songs...though I don't think Mr. young is actually a victim of...:
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Exigence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 pm 

Brian Johnson says they are still going into the studio in May. Fingers crossed. "Black Ice" was awesome and I'm sure they can crank out something comparable.

Sorry to hear about Malcom but that's what happens when you get older! They worked without him before around the time of BUYV.

The show must go on!

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:07 am 

Malcolm is the crux of the band. Bon, Angus and Brian may all be the fronts of the band, but Malcolm is its core. I hope he recovers and all is well for him. By the sounds of the statements that have been coming out recently, it does look like the band might be approaching a retirement, so here's hoping they go out on a high note. Following Abominatrix's cue, here is one of my favourite AC/DC tracks:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bP6aVG6L1w[/youtube]

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Reply to topic