Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:47 pm 

I got chased by a cow once. I was five, it was amazing.... I probably had it coming cause I was throwing its own shit at it but still.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:26 pm 

I've been attacked by dogs and swans and such before, but the worst was a Caretta Caretta sea turtle.

I was snorkeling with my father, cousin and uncle on the island of Kefalonia when a fishing boat passed us. After it did, I looked towards my uncle underwater and saw a giant turtle firmly biting his upper arm, and him wrestling to get it off. Before I knew it, I too felt a sudden insanely tight and sharp digging sensation in my own arm. The fight instinct kicked in and in my panic I pushed by its shell as hard as I could, managing to get it off pretty quickly. My uncle wasn't so lucky, his let go eventually after a struggle but he had a chunk of his arm bitten out. The two turtles quickly disappeared in the direction of the boat.

Only in hindsight did we figure that the turtle must have been following the boat before it ran into us, seeing as the fishermen often feed them. The one that attacked my uncle was considerably bigger, hence his struggle to remove it. It was quite an experience, not quite Jaws but still kind of terrifying (though it all happened very quickly). We were surprised because we had snorkeled alongside such turtles in the area many times before. We suspected something must have agitated them. Our suspicions were confirmed when some of the locals that lived on that beach told us that some crazy young Italian tourists had been fucking with them...supposedly had dragged them out onto the shore the day before and were hitting them with sticks or something. Usually these turtles are very peaceful.

SadisticOrgasm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:23 am 

Poisonfume wrote:
I was snorkeling with my father, cousin and uncle on the island of Kefalonia when a fishing boat passed us. After it did, I looked towards my uncle underwater and saw a giant turtle firmly biting his upper arm, and him wrestling to get it off. Before I knew it, I too felt a sudden insanely tight and sharp digging sensation in my own arm. The fight instinct kicked in and in my panic I pushed by its shell as hard as I could, managing to get it off pretty quickly. My uncle wasn't so lucky, his let go eventually after a struggle but he had a chunk of his arm bitten out. The two turtles quickly disappeared in the direction of the boat.

Man, that sure is creepy!

Boreal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:15 pm 

Never been violently attacked, but I did watch a bear rip apart my tent at a work camp last summer. Bears in camp aren't anything terribly surprising around here, but this one was pretty worrisome. It didn't really react to 9 of us yelling at it or warning shots from a 12 gauge. We almost killed it, but decided, quite literally at the last moment, that we couldn't justify it since it was just destroying property, not being directly aggressive to any of us. Plus it's a huge hassle dealing with Fish & Game, skinning it, preserving the meat, etc. We ended up spending the day moving camp.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:08 pm 

Boreal wrote:
Never been violently attacked, but I did watch a bear rip apart my tent at a work camp last summer. Bears in camp aren't anything terribly surprising around here, but this one was pretty worrisome. It didn't really react to 9 of us yelling at it or warning shots from a 12 gauge. We almost killed it, but decided, quite literally at the last moment, that we couldn't justify it since it was just destroying property, not being directly aggressive to any of us. Plus it's a huge hassle dealing with Fish & Game, skinning it, preserving the meat, etc. We ended up spending the day moving camp.

What happened to the tent? Did you have an extra?

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:44 pm 

When I was five years old I was attacked by a fully-grown dalmatian. I still adore dogs but since then I tend to have a dislike towards dalmatians.

I had a neighbor who had two kids that were around the same age as me, so every once in a while during the weekends I would stop by their yard and play the usual kid's games such as tag, hide-n-go seek, and fantasy role-playing. Now this neighbor of mine had two dalmatians, one a male and one a female. The male was extremely energetic and loved playing with us, but the female however seemed more laid-back, docile, distant, and just generally sad. It rarely ever barked, and all it ever did was lay down and observe us from a distance.

So this one time, as my older brother and neighbor were busy playing, I was alone in the yard with the female dalmatian. At that moment I made the decision to approach the dog with the intention of petting it. It may have been through childhood naivety and general innocence, but I had this belief that perhaps through love and tenderness I could imbue the dog with energy and excitement like the male counterpart, and thus make it more social, interactive, and lovable. As you may have guessed, I payed the price for being so fucking careless and ignorant.

As soon as I pet the dog, the dog jumped on me, knocked me down, and began to attack me. I do not remember much as I was really young at the time and this all happened so fast, but what I do remember was that the dog was on top of me with it's mouth on my cheek, and it was growling with extreme intensity and ferocity. As fast as it began attacking me however, it simply stopped, got off of me, and simply walked away. What I found out later was that the dog was actually deaf, and that because of this it was extremely cautious at all time and sometimes even violent. That was why it was so distant.

After the dog walked away, I got up and began to feel my face. Fortune had smiled upon me that day for all the dog left on me was a wound on my cheek. Now when I say wound, I mean what a seemed to be a simple cut on my cheek was really a fucking hole; there was so much blood in my mouth that I tasted nothing but metal. I remember feeling really emotionally numb at first, and then I began to cry loudly. My neighbors found me and then took me to my mom. Stitches and a shot was all that I needed, but I still reflect to this day on how fucking fortunate I was that I walked way with only a puncture wound on my cheek. I was a fucking five year old who was being attacked by a fully grown dalmatian. I was at the absolute mercy to this animal, and if it had wanted to it could've torn my fucking face off.

Moral of the story: fuck dalmatians.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 pm 

Well, if the bear story above counts as an attack, I've got a horse story. I went camping on Assateague Island, which is off Maryland's Atlantic coast, and is mostly just a big sandy, grassy park island with about seven hundred trillion wild horses on it. It's a whole deal where they're supposed to be super protected because they're some sort of strange population of wild/feral horses. Anyway, one morning I woke up to a horse standing in the middle of my campsite. Normally I keep food pretty secure but due to this island being basically a giant desert/beach type place I didn't think I needed to worry about it. Nevertheless, this horse was just standing there, eating all my food. I watched it bite the lids off plastic bottles of Sunny Delight then lift the bottles up in the air to try to pour it down its throat. I started shouting and waving my arms at it but it didn't really care and eventually wandered off after it had had its fill.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

centuryxiii
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 am 

Sounds funny, but I was once chased by a cock!

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:35 am 

centuryxiii wrote:
Sounds funny, but I was once chased by a cock!

Similar here! I was chased by a rooster. I was actually trying to kick it away with a strong blow, but it wouldn't just strike at the right place. Also, been bitten by some dog when I was a kid.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3