Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm 

Just wondering if anyone would like to share their stories of psychedelic experiences.
I'm interested to hear about peoples "trips"
Caravans’ stoned deliverance"-Sleep's Dopesmoker

LO FI GRIND- http://alaskanpipelinesgrinds.bandcamp.com/

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 pm 

I've taken shrooms and "LSD" a handful of times. There's not much to say about either except they are very insightful, at least in my opinion. Acid is more calm, and more comparable to being a child being taught by a wise sage. Shrooms on the other hand are fucking wild and you feel more like a severely confused child left to fend on your own in the world. What I also noticed was really cool about acid was being able to sense people's vibes.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:17 pm 

I suppose its different for every person, how they react. And not every batch of LSD will affect the same person the same way.

ClaymanOnFire
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 pm 

I wonder if Napero has had any noteworthy trips since the last thread like this...

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm 

I've taken 2C-I, LSD, DMT, Salvia and shrooms. All have offered powerful experiences, though I'm still waiting for a "breakthrough" with DMT. I will share my first shroom experience, which I regard as one of the most important moments of my life. I dropped some with my friend about a year and half ago. It was my first time with any entheogen, besides ganja (if you count that). I only took about a gram and a half. Not a lot by any means, but if anyone tells you that you can't have a powerful experience with that much, I am walking proof that that is simply not true. I had no idea what to expect, but I definitely took it under the right circumstances. Prior to taking them I read and researched a lot about the psychedelic experience, which allowed me to ingest the shrooms not for the intention of "tripping out" but to try to learn and explore. And they did not disappoint. The veil of bullshit covering western civilization was ripped away. It was like I had been viewing life as a bunch of random and inordinate static, and suddenly now I was seeing the patterns, harmony and order of the static. Yet it was very negative. While in the trip I developed a very dark and cynical view of the world. And of myself. It was a tremendous learning experience and a lesson that was incredibly real. Definitely not just the effect of a drug. You truly do tap into something that exists somewhere far away. I did them again not too long after and had the sort of opposite experience in which I saw the reverse side of the view I developed on my first experience. It was like the companion trip to my previous one. Instead of such a cynical view, I looked at the world as positive and beautiful. From this I learned that neither outlook is right or wrong, and instead work together yet in a mutually exclusive way. Very powerful stuff.

LSD has since been my favorite psychedelic. As a math student in college I found the drug to really help and improve the work I do. It allows me to approach mathematics from a very different and abstract angle. The results have been tangible and completely relevant to my waking life. Acid is definitely a life changing experience in itself as well. As DeathcoreDecimator said, it is very insightful. If I had to compare shrooms and LSD as simply as possible I would say with LSD you figure out lessons on your own, while on shrooms a higher power teaches those lessons to you.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:30 am 

i have done mushrooms and lsd a few times. But the last time i did mushrooms...... i was drunk and asked my girlfriends brother to get me some weed ,when he came back he said he couldn't get any weed, but he had collected a large mcdonalds cup of mushrooms. He told me to share them out between my friend's when i went to there house, but when i went to there house they had all gone out, so i ate them all! like a hundred mushrooms or something!! I ended up walking through town howling at the full moon all night. Went to a strip club and brought heaps of shots to try and snap me out of it a bit, but it just threw me from real drunk to real drongo every 5 minutes .
Anyway the next day i had a fucking sore stomach, and got growled at by my girlfriends brother for taking too many, saying i could have died and shit, but i didn't care it was a fucking awesome night :-D

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:54 am 

ThePoop wrote:
I'm still waiting for a "breakthrough" with DMT.

Trust me, it's worth it, and you'll absolutely know when you do. Chances are you're just not inhaling enough or holding it in long enough. Coughing is obviously going to kill your chances, but even if you don't there's also a point at which you feel yourself start to go and your brain tells you "whoa this is happening really fast, that's gotta be enough," and there's this big impulse to get rid of the smoke in your lungs. Resist that impulse, and you'll be much much more likely to break through. My experiences with breaking through haven't really been too in-line with what others have reported, beyond the intensity. Basically the main signifier is that you lose all sense of your body (which seems utterly alien upon your return), and have the strong sensation that you're somewhere totally different.

I've seen a lot of really amazing stuff, including a rainbow cathedral made of living crystal words, an entire universe made entirely of tiny points of light set against a black void, a thoroughly Judeo-Christian representation of god and heaven (definitely would have qualified as a religious experience, if I weren't an atheist), and last but not least a nightmare hospital filled with faceless doctors who berated every aspect of my character and replaced everything below my waist with an array of tubes and wires that hooked me up to various machines. Bad trips are rare, but they'll haunt you for months afterward, so be careful. Laughing as you're going in helps, even if it's forced. As with any psychedelic there's a lot more to it than just seeing crazy shit, and it can definitely improve your life in many ways if used properly.

Basically I've smoked a looooot of DMT, and loved it.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:10 am 

:lol: oh failsafeman, you crazy

I've smoked salvia twice and had almost no effect. I held it in properly etc so I don't know what's the deal.
Also dropped acid a few weeks back. That was certainly an experience. Set and setting is hugely important. I was with my best friend but at some point we were sort of caught up in our own things and weren't talking. At some point I started seeing unusual co-centric waves and some visual distortions, a kind of melting if you will and I hallucinated my friend telling me that God was going to cut me down. I decided we should go for a walk, as the presence of all these machines which seemed to hum was disturbing me for a reason I can't really articulate. It was a good idea, but for some reason going from inside to outside was an intense experience. Close eye visuals were a little bit too much for me and when I would feel the trip go into overdrive and my brain entering circular thinking, I found that smoking cigarettes helped focus me. Definitely not a drug you want to do in the wrong frame of mind. We ended up having really interesting conversation and it was certainly an emotionally affecting experience.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:52 am 

I've never seen much spectacular during my various psychedelic experiences over the years. Mostly I've just hallucinated people I know being in the room and then realizing it's actually a jacket or a cat or something. Other times I've just become fascinated by colours or textures (the carpet sure felt good).

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 am 

If you're interested in reading about peoples' trips, have you visited erowid? I find the site a bit annoying to browse because it's formatted rather lousily, but there are plenty of first hand experiences you can read regarding pretty much any drug you can get your hands on.

- Tim Minchin

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:35 pm 

I've done LSD, shrooms, MDMA and 2C-I on separate occasions maybe 5-7 times each. I had a buddy in college who would get all sorts of weird shit mailed to him from China, posing as a chemistry student. He would get huge amounts of 2C-I, 2C-E, DMT, etc... dose them out into little tablets and sell them for dirt cheap (free for the bros). That being said, I've had some of the best trips on 2C-I. It's like an interesting combination of the cerebral mindfuck of shrooms and intense bodily rush of MDMA. I also find that music, pretty much of any kind, sounds ridiculously amazing when you're tripping. You pick up on a lot of the nuances that often go unnoticed, and it's generally just 10x more stimulating/pleasing/awe-inspiring. It's also a lot of fun to go outside and explore the world around you. Much of the banality of everyday life just goes out the fucking window and one can truly appreciate some of the finer aspects of nature, humanity, the cosmos, etc...

Generally, it's best to be in the company of good friends while tripping. Negative vibes from people I didn't know have almost ruined a few trips, especially since I feel like you get a better grasp of people's body language/conversational tone when you're tripping. Sometimes unfamiliar people can be quite judgmental if they know you're "down the rabbit hole". It's best to also have a designated trip-sitter to keep you from doing potentially life-threatening shit. Also, and I can't stress this enough, PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY! I knew a guy who was balls-deep in an acid trip when he got a call that his best friend had been killed in Iraq. Needless to say, he was pretty messed up for a long time.

@Failsafeman: I envy your DMT experiences! I've only tried it once, thanks to my "chemist" friend. I had been drinking/smoking throughout the evening, and wound up at his house. He sprinkled a little bit on a fully packed bowl and told me to inhale and hold in the hit as long as possible. Reality basically caved in and gave way to this kaleidoscope of swirling reds/oranges/colors I hadn't even seen before. I basically lost all sense of "self" for a minute or so and awoke in a sweat and a weird feeling of having been out of my own body for a short time. I really don't recall much of it, just because it was so quick and intense, but it's awesome that you can recall all the crazy shit you've seen. Since I'd been partying throughout the evening, sometimes I wonder if that had an influence on my experience... Do you think it's better to take it while sober?

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:13 pm 

Oblivion_Gene wrote:
@Failsafeman: I envy your DMT experiences! I've only tried it once, thanks to my "chemist" friend. I had been drinking/smoking throughout the evening, and wound up at his house. He sprinkled a little bit on a fully packed bowl and told me to inhale and hold in the hit as long as possible. Reality basically caved in and gave way to this kaleidoscope of swirling reds/oranges/colors I hadn't even seen before. I basically lost all sense of "self" for a minute or so and awoke in a sweat and a weird feeling of having been out of my own body for a short time. I really don't recall much of it, just because it was so quick and intense, but it's awesome that you can recall all the crazy shit you've seen. Since I'd been partying throughout the evening, sometimes I wonder if that had an influence on my experience... Do you think it's better to take it while sober?

Yeah I've never really forgotten much of my experiences, the only thing I forget is really how it feels, even though I remember that I forget, just because it's so fucking weird. But I remember everything I forgot as soon as I smoke some. Anyway I don't actually know if it's better sober from experience, but 100% of the times I've smoked DMT I've been sober and I honestly couldn't imagine trying it while not sober, though maybe a little weed or something would be OK. I don't smoke DMT for fun, it's almost a religious ritual for me, though I'm an atheist and not religious.

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
I suppose its different for every person, how they react. And not every batch of LSD will affect the same person the same way.

Thats why I would like to hear other peoples "trips"

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 pm 

DMT literally changed the way my mind works.

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I don't smoke DMT for fun, it's almost a religious ritual for me, though I'm an atheist and not religious.

For sure. I've definitely had my fair share of quasi-religious/enlightening experiences while under the influence. If I ever get another shot at DMT, I'll be sure to try it without any other substances.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 pm 

I had a telepathic conversation with a cat once while I was on mushrooms. Yeah.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm 

DeathcoreDecimator wrote:
Acid is more calm, and more comparable to being a child being taught by a wise sage. Shrooms on the other hand are fucking wild and you feel more like a severely confused child left to fend on your own in the world. What I also noticed was really cool about acid was being able to sense people's vibes.

ThePoop wrote:
As DeathcoreDecimator said, it is very insightful. If I had to compare shrooms and LSD as simply as possible I would say with LSD you figure out lessons on your own, while on shrooms a higher power teaches those lessons to you.

Uhm... maybe but that's just a matter of perception. You're discovering thinks you never think about.

bloodycumshit wrote:
He told me to share them out between my friend's when i went to there house, but when i went to there house they had all gone out, so i ate them all! like a hundred mushrooms or something!! I ended up walking through town howling at the full moon all night. Went to a strip club and brought heaps of shots to try and snap me out of it a bit, but it just threw me from real drunk to real drongo every 5 minutes .
Anyway the next day i had a fucking sore stomach, and got growled at by my girlfriends brother for taking too many, saying i could have died and shit, but i didn't care it was a fucking awesome night :-D

That was stupid.

Oblivion_Gene wrote:
@Failsafeman: I envy your DMT experiences! I've only tried it once, thanks to my "chemist" friend. I had been drinking/smoking throughout the evening, and wound up at his house. He sprinkled a little bit on a fully packed bowl and told me to inhale and hold in the hit as long as possible. Reality basically caved in and gave way to this kaleidoscope of swirling reds/oranges/colors I hadn't even seen before. I basically lost all sense of "self" for a minute or so and awoke in a sweat and a weird feeling of having been out of my own body for a short time. I really don't recall much of it, just because it was so quick and intense, but it's awesome that you can recall all the crazy shit you've seen.

Sounds like salvia to me.

failsafeman wrote:
As with any psychedelic there's a lot more to it than just seeing crazy shit, and it can definitely improve your life in many ways if used properly.

I agree. The funny thing is that, with time, you can learn to get this mood without the substance.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:10 pm 

Drugs are bad and HPPD is annoying.

My experiences are pretty limited and seldom profound. Mostly just nightmarish hallucinations (inanimate objects coming to life, bugs, seeing myself dead, cosmic, existential turmoil, blah blah blah boring shit).

It seems like my early experiences were good... but then they just plateaued entirely, and I seem to be incapable of a "good trip" anymore. Like, I've learned (meaning finally had it bored into me) that existence is without purpose and we are all just waiting to die. What's is there to ponder, then? We live, we die, so what? I hate loving things I know are going to die before me, and I perpetually think about how much I'd like to just get my waiting room-existence over with.

I think the fate of conscious beings is a bit cruel and unfortunate, but I don't fear it, I just don't like feeling like it's my ultimate "purpose" as a conscious member of the universe.

Existential nihilism sucks. Drugs initially got me out of that mindset, and then somehow right back into it... and I've been stuck with it ever since.

I mostly just do drugs to "trip out" now, but I prefer opiates to hallucinogens in that regard. I do appreciate drugs which alter my perception in a way that lets me think more abstractly for the purpose of writing "poetically" and analyzing/comprehending literature, poetry, lyrics, metaphors, the Bible, Little Golden Books, etc. in new ways.

I find that aspect of some entheogens--their ability to make comprehending metaphorical language incredibly simple--really fun and enjoyable. I like finding new meanings and emotional contexts in old words.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:06 pm 

I've yet to find shrooms, LSD, or DMT. Only drug close to a psychedelic (other than weed) that I've tried would be salvia. My first trip was the most intense, visual, and profound that I've experienced with salvia.

I had bought a new bong, a few new lighters, and some 20X salvia extract. Nobody was home, and I was feeling curious and a little bit reckless. So I decided to trip alone.

I had read up on salvia quite a bit, so of course I had read all about 'Lady Salvia', the being that some people claim to meet while under salvia's influence. Did I expect to meet her? Of course not. I'm not proud to say, but part of me couldn't even believe that she might exist. How could the same paranormal being interact with totally different people, through a drug? Stranger things have happened, I thought to myself. Then that part of me asked, "What if this woman actually does appear to people, and shows them important visions?"

Chills went up my arms, as I dwelled further on a spiritual being existing only within those realities produced by a drug. Maybe Lady Salvia would guide me on my trip? I sort of thought of her as 'the Oracle' at the time, so I thought it fitting that I put on some Greek folk music to set the atmosphere of the trip. I hit play, and the all too familiar sounds of 'Daemonia Nymphe - Krataia Asterope' filled my room.

At this point, my heart was racing with anxious anticipation. I ran through the mental checklist: I had already filled my bong up with water, I had my lighter beside, and I had half the bag of 20X salvia extract sitting inside the bowl of my bong, waiting to be smoked. The music was playing. So I sat down on my bed, grabbed the bong, took a deep breath, slowly let it out, and then lit the bowl.

I remember the taste of the salvia smoke not being nearly as bad as I was expecting-- certainly nothing enjoyable like weed, but at least it didn't taste like tobacco. I remember thinking that the bowl seemed to burn forever, then-- white ash, just like that! I cleared the bong, took in as much fresh air as I could, and held it. My heart was beating out of my head and my chest. I put the bong and the lighter down on the nightstand beside, laid down on my bed, and waited. I started to let the smoke out, quickly replacing it with fresh air. I began to sweat profusely, and took my shirt off. I wondered if the trip was supposed to start like this. I started to panic, then--

Black. I don't know what happened next. There is a time lapse of about 5-7 minutes where I very well may have been unconscious.

I woke up feeling reborn, as if I had just awoken from the greatest and longest sleep ever. I quickly noticed that the song had changed. What had happened after I panicked? Who cares? That wasn't important. What was important, was what my attention had been drawn to.

On my ceiling, directly opposite me, was some sort of figure. At first, I thought it was my shadow, enhanced by the psychedelic experience. Then I realized that there was no way my shadow was being projected up onto the ceiling to begin with, so I looked closer. It was a woman. She was comprised of countless, dare I say, an infinite number of wriggling entities. They looked like worms or maggots or something. The woman was made up of so many different colours, and moving parts. She appeared to be motionless, but her molecules squirmed. Was she a gatekeeper? Was she denying me access into her psychedelic kingdom? I don't know.

I laid on my bed, staring up at this woman, in awe, for the remainder of my trip. Slowly, she began to fade. Her colours became duller, and the little 'worms' of her body began to still. Eventually, the woman merged completely with my plain white ceiling, and I snapped out of the trip completely. I then became quite giddy, filled with some of the most intense euphoria I've ever felt. My cat Snowy entered the room, and I cried, with him by my side.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm 

I recently experienced "ego death" for the first time, with 40 mg of IV mxe. I've thought I was going to die on drugs before but this was the first time I "let it happen." Just kinda closed my eyes and never expected to open them again. It felt very good to be alive when I "came back" about 30 min later.

Dissociatives may not be psychedelics in the traditional sense. But they can still take you far out.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:43 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
That was stupid.

medically, but i don't regret it one bit, unlike most other things in my life.
oh i have done datura once too, i don't remember much, all these nuts and bolts started to come out of the wall then i passed out...not really much of a story sorry

is that 'salvia' the 'mexican tripping weed' they sell at the dairy?

StalUlv
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:27 am 

I've taken shrooms quite a few times, and I love them. I always get very insightful. However, I have to eat a lot now to start tripping and seeing visuals, as most of the experience is very mind based for me. I felt in touch with everything around me and for some reason just wanted to be outside. Being inside is very bad for me when I'm on shrooms because the room feels like a jail cell. Visually, I sometimes remember seeing fractal patterns in the trees, a strange digital gradient in the sky, and geometric patterns on the ground around me. Usually, thing appear to be fluid and changing. It's a cool experience, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 am 

StalUlv wrote:
I've taken shrooms quite a few times, and I love them. I always get very insightful. However, I have to eat a lot now to start tripping and seeing visuals, as most of the experience is very mind based for me. I felt in touch with everything around me and for some reason just wanted to be outside. Being inside is very bad for me when I'm on shrooms because the room feels like a jail cell. Visually, I sometimes remember seeing fractal patterns in the trees, a strange digital gradient in the sky, and geometric patterns on the ground around me. Usually, thing appear to be fluid and changing. It's a cool experience, but it's definitely not for everyone.

your kind of similar to me when it comes to mushrooms, the weird thing is i have the most mental problems out of a lot of people i know and i seem to be the only one who has a good time, and not a "bad trip"...man i have heard soo many bad trip storys, it actually put me off trying them for quite a while

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 am 

ClaymanOnFire wrote:
I wonder if Napero has had any noteworthy trips since the last thread like this...

Which one of those...?

As I've never used any drugs beyond Absinthe, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, other than guarding the goofiness level. Let's keep this civil, and let's also try to keep the discussions on legality to an absolute minimum, it's obviously not the purpose, and derails these things quickly.

the_raytownian wrote:
I've learned (meaning finally had it bored into me) that existence is without purpose and we are all just waiting to die.

And that, if you allow a bit of sidetracking, is perhaps the finest and most liberating aspect I've found in my personal hardcore atheism. There's nothing else, this is it, and the only thing you can do is to enjoy the time you have here, and leave a positive fingerprint on the world. Perhaps it tells something about the value of drugs that you've found that through chemistry; perhaps it also tells something about that very same chemistry that, instead of a positive and mildly exhilarating emotion, you seem to find it a depressing idea. Which is a pity. Think about it a bit while sober, and maybe you'll find something else. I, personally, value the thought, and wish everybody would understand existence in the same way.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 am 

Napero wrote:
ClaymanOnFire wrote:

Which one of those...?

The one where you saw time moonwalking, in ultraviolet.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 am 

Sadly, I share the_raytownian's outlook. But I have years and years (and years) to get to Napero's age and acquire his wisdom of the ancients.

Necessitarian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:26 am 

Napero wrote:
perhaps it also tells something about that very same chemistry that, instead of a positive and mildly exhilarating emotion, you seem to find it a depressing idea

I don't think that's something that can be blamed on drugs. It's more of a question of individual temperament.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 am 

Necessitarian wrote:
Napero wrote:
perhaps it also tells something about that very same chemistry that, instead of a positive and mildly exhilarating emotion, you seem to find it a depressing idea

I don't think that's something that can be blamed on drugs. It's more of a question of individual temperament.

Might be. However, at least for me, the exact way I ended up with my positive thoughts on it is definitely a part of the reasons why I find it peculiarly uplifting. There are fundamental differences between different paths to illumination, I'd say.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:07 am 

bloodycumshit wrote:
medically, but i don't regret it one bit, unlike most other things in my life.
is that 'salvia' the 'mexican tripping weed' they sell at the dairy?

Ok, but that does not change the fact that was stupid.
Weed?!? No:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

Napero wrote:
As I've never used any drugs beyond Absinthe, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, other than guarding the goofiness level.

That's interesting. Can someone REALLY trip with absinthe?

Necessitarian wrote:

I agree.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:10 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Napero wrote:
As I've never used any drugs beyond Absinthe, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, other than guarding the goofiness level.

That's interesting. Can someone REALLY trip with absinthe?

No. You get the same results with spiritus fortis. It's a myth.

What I meant is that I have no personal experience on drugs. Nor will I ever have.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:15 am 

Napero wrote:
No. You get the same results with spiritus fortis. It's a myth.
What I meant is that I have no personal experience on drugs. Nor will I ever have.

Ok, thanks. That's what I supposed despite the myth but I'm curious to drink it the proper way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe#Preparation
Do you drink it this way, Napero?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:25 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Do you drink it this way, Napero?

I didn't really enjoy it quite enough to warrant paying the price tag it has here. I go for beer, it's the stuff we divine beluga whales are made of.

ClaymanOnFire
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:04 pm 

kingnuuuur wrote:
The one where you saw time moonwalking, in ultraviolet.

That's the one :lol: there was also something in there about seeing Boba Fett and a two-headed accordionist...

norcalslayings
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm 

My first "breakthrough" on DMT was by all means the most amazing moment of my life,in good and bad ways.
I cant exactly remember all of it because I didn't write it all down but I distinctly remember talking to people that for some reason I felt like I was going to meet in the future,and they seemed to be speaking in some language(now that I think about it I believe it was some sort of Arabic language) that I fluently understood. I also saw a whole universe of moving lights,interacting with each other. The whole time there was a buzzing noise that I seemed to be able to change the frequency of.
The weirdest part of all is that I was suspended over this "universe" for what seemed like days.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 pm 

Napero wrote:
I didn't really enjoy it quite enough to warrant paying the price tag it has here. I go for beer, it's the stuff we divine beluga whales are made of.

I see. We have some shitty absinthe here at some bars but I don't really enjoy it and always thought about serving it the right way.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:10 pm 

Napero wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
I've learned (meaning finally had it bored into me) that existence is without purpose and we are all just waiting to die.

And that, if you allow a bit of sidetracking, is perhaps the finest and most liberating aspect I've found in my personal hardcore atheism. There's nothing else, this is it, and the only thing you can do is to enjoy the time you have here, and leave a positive fingerprint on the world. Perhaps it tells something about the value of drugs that you've found that through chemistry; perhaps it also tells something about that very same chemistry that, instead of a positive and mildly exhilarating emotion, you seem to find it a depressing idea. Which is a pity. Think about it a bit while sober, and maybe you'll find something else. I, personally, value the thought, and wish everybody would understand existence in the same way.

I share your same philosophy...

My problem is that I just can't seem to get beyond the inability to cope with losing people [and animals] I care about. I obsessively think about the decaying shells of people I've known (be it in real life or through their art) and it just feels very strange.

and I have developed a bizarre, drug-induced fascination with the lives and times of deceased people from bygone eras. I think about people from the 1800's a lot... and the ancient Greeks... and early Chinese dynasties... even early hominids and pre-historic animals... and how much humanity has been altered by wars and technology... I often imagine myself as one of those people, and think they've probably all felt the same way I have, pondered the exact same things. I can picture them all so clearly, but I can never touch them. It's weird and very hard to explain.

I often feel like an alien observer when UTI. I go on mental journeys through the past... all the mundane history I learned about but never really "experienced" in school seems so much more horrifying and surreal now... It's bizarre to think I am walking on countless graves upon graves of innumerable centuries of lives. It's kind of a mind-fuck to think I am breathing the same air as all these people, and that the air we breathe connects us in some weird way [LOLWUT].

I also feel disgusted by my own materialism, and yet simultaneously imprisoned by it* + my anxiety issues, which makes LIVING life incredibly challenging. I don't really mind mortality, I just get intensely depressed when I realize I'm wasting my only life in my bedroom because I can't leave the house.

*I get worried thinking about my record collection. and annoyed that I worry about something that will never survive forever... like, what was all the fuss about over my LP's when the earth is burned up into cosmic dust, you know? My priorities are outta whack.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm 

^ maybe your an ancient heathen viking or a pagan sorcerer reborn :eek:

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:27 pm 

If only I believed in spiritual reincarnation. :lol:

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm 

Total fucking nihilism! Yeah!

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:47 pm 

Huh. Shrooms once. It was pretty cool. Can't say I learned much about the universe, but I did find a thing or two out about how cool some music sounds and how for the first time, I craved no drink or smoke. I was pretty content with the feelings of the drug and the whole body went with the mind - a pleasant ride into itself. Felt kind of alone, and detached but no more than I usually do. But, listen to fucking Youth Lagoon on shrooms and tell me it's not amazing.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║