Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:55 am 

Yeah, helping to bring the QTEpocalypse is a major strike against the game, but I still do think it's great. I'm eager to play it on PC at some point to see how those controls work. But the main reason RE4 can't be the greatest game ever is because it inspired that series of ridiculous broken quotes on page 800 of this thread.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 am 

OzzyApu wrote:

This. Mother. Fucker.

Here's some great horror game boss design; put your player inside a very enclosed space, against an enemy that can appear and disappear at will, moves like lightning whenever you don't see him (and slows down to a menacing, steady walk when you do), and can only be damaged in a very specific way that isn't immediately apparent. There, that's how you make your player feel like death itself is breathing down his/her neck!

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:40 am 

The village section of RE4 is probably the closest thing to perfection in video games: the atmosphere is tense, the ammunitions are low and you really get the "witch hunt" feeling of being chased down from everywere.. plus the chainsaw guy is one of the most menacing things ever

After that you really lose a good part of this feeling: you get stranger enemies, but it's hard to feel threatened if you have a machinegun and a rocket launcher :(

I would literally pay gold for a game that has the feeling of that section

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:11 am 

Disagree. They keep the action tense and constant by introducing different enemies with unusual attack patterns, or attack in large groups, or do massive damage, or introduce a complex boss that takes fifteen minutes to defeat and is thrilling and fun all the same. I literally don't even want to think about how much enemy variety there is in Resident Evil 4.

Dead Space is very literally based on the Resident Evil 4 philosophy of give the player powerful weapons, but give them a challenge in enemy variety and interesting scenarios within that variety that plays to the strength of the enemies to create tense and exciting scenarios.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:30 am 

That's exactly why i was never able to enjoy very much the dead space series :lol:

Probably i like too much the tense "oh my god, why don't you die?" feeling when i'm shooting with a crappy 9mm :)

The regenerators where pretty much a perfect idea.. if they regenerated better. i was so disappointed when i discovered that you can literally mow them down with just a shotgun :(

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:18 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
The village section of RE4 is probably the closest thing to perfection in video games: the atmosphere is tense, the ammunitions are low and you really get the "witch hunt" feeling of being chased down from everywere.. plus the chainsaw guy is one of the most menacing things ever

After that you really lose a good part of this feeling: you get stranger enemies, but it's hard to feel threatened if you have a machinegun and a rocket launcher :(

Well, Resident Evil VII heavily reemphasized that survival part of the survival horror nature of RE again, if you're looking for something in the same series, but with a new, 1st person twist to that aspect.
BastardHead wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
Resident Evil 4 is a great game and all, but holy fuck is it overrated. Greatest game ever PFFFT

This is exactly how I feel. I like it, it's very good, but the controls have aged like crap and it helped introduce the plague of QTEs that took like a decade to fall out of favor. It's one of those that is kinda perplexing to me that it's consistently rated as one of the best ever. It's great but it seems like a random choice. Plus it takes away from Ape Escape, which is objectively the greatest game ever created.
Agreed about the QTE complaint, but what was wrong with the controls in RE4? Besides having to hold down an extra button to run (something that's always been a pet peeve of mine when it comes to 3D games are on consoles with controllers that have analog sticks on them), I've always felt the controls worked just fine for it.

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:04 am 

BastardHead wrote:
This is exactly how I feel. I like it, it's very good, but the controls have aged like crap and it helped introduce the plague of QTEs that took like a decade to fall out of favor. It's one of those that is kinda perplexing to me that it's consistently rated as one of the best ever. It's great but it seems like a random choice. Plus it takes away from Ape Escape, which is objectively the greatest game ever created.

It's also the brownest game ever, I almost blame it for the rise of the grey-and-brown shooters in the following gen :P

Spoiler: show
RE4 wasn't even the best game of gen 6...

Also, Horizon is pretty damn rad you guys. It's also quite possibly the prettiest game I've ever seen. Every vista is so damn gorgeous

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:08 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Disagree. They keep the action tense and constant by introducing different enemies with unusual attack patterns, or attack in large groups, or do massive damage, or introduce a complex boss that takes fifteen minutes to defeat and is thrilling and fun all the same. I literally don't even want to think about how much enemy variety there is in Resident Evil 4.

Dead Space is very literally based on the Resident Evil 4 philosophy of give the player powerful weapons, but give them a challenge in enemy variety and interesting scenarios within that variety that plays to the strength of the enemies to create tense and exciting scenarios.

Yup.

It's pretty impressive how almost zero encounters are repeated throughout the game. Even when they reuse enemies, they always put a twist on it. You already fought a Gigante? Well, here's another one in a narrow crevice, and you've got to run the fuck away while using the environment to slow you down. And now here's two of them, but if you look carefully you may find some way to even it out.

The campaign is what, seventeen hours the first time through? Most linear shooters drag after eight hours, and still have more boring moments than RE4.

Time for me to replay RE4.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 am 

its interesting to hear people talk about it and different opinions on it, i loved the evil within(i know it had plenty of faults but i still very much enjoyed it) a big thing i hear about the evil within is its a garbage version of resident evil 4, what does resident evil 4 do well which the evil within does poorly? just got around $65 for a playstation 4 so got a few more shifts and then i can afford a playstation 4 which i am happy with

on Nier again vs revengence imo raiden looks so much better than the main character of Nier

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 am 

Smalley wrote:
Well, Resident Evil VII heavily reemphasized that survival part of the survival horror nature of RE again, if you're looking for something in the same series, but with a new, 1st person to that aspect.

Sounds more like my thing, i don't like a lot being a Terminator in a horror game :lol:

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 am 

The Evil Within is a game that can't decide what it wants to be. Sometimes it tries to be a horror game, sometimes an action game, and the two just don't mesh that well. RE4 is a fantastic game, but it's really an action game with horror elements. TEW will throw an action section at you, then a horror section, then an action one, and it's all just so jarring. At one moment it is trying to empower you, the next it is attempting to make you feel vulnerable...yet you still have all the equipment and upgrades you've been amassing, so that kind of falls flat.

Even when it's trying to be a horror game it isn't consistent. The game can't decide if it wants to be RE4, RE1, or Silent Hill, and since it commits to none of these inspirations it fails at all of them. It half-heartedly attempts psychological horror with the Safe Head guy and it tries to recreate the mansion feeling with Ruvik's Mansion and it tries to give you the feeling of being pursued by Nemesis with Laura and it tries to recreate the village from RE4...but doesn't realize that aping all of those sections from other games doesn't flow well together. On top of that it does most of those things worse than the games it is inspired by, and doesn't commit to any of them.

Last edited by The Red Snifit on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:00 am 

Oh god the wolverine guys in RE4....that part where you're in the hallway and there's two of them in cages and you know you're gonna have to fight them in that super confined space....that might be the closest I have ever come to actually pooping myself.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:12 pm 

The Red Snifit wrote:
The Evil Within is a game that can't decide what it wants to be. Sometimes it tries to be a horror game, sometimes an action game, and the two just don't mesh that well. RE4 is a fantastic game, but it's really an action game with horror elements. TEW will throw an action section at you, then a horror section, then an action one, and it's all just so jarring. At one moment it is trying to empower you, the next it is attempting to make you feel vulnerable...yet you still have all the equipment and upgrades you've been amassing, so that kind of falls flat.

Even when it's trying to be a horror game it isn't consistent. The game can't decide if it wants to be RE4, RE1, or Silent Hill, and since it commits to none of these inspirations it fails at all of them. It half-heartedly attempts psychological horror with the Safe Head guy and it tries to recreate the mansion feeling with Ruvik's Mansion and it tries to give you the feeling of being pursued by Nemesis with Laura and it tries to recreate the village from RE4...but doesn't realize that aping all of those sections from other games doesn't flow well together. On top of that it does most of those things worse than the games it is inspired by, and doesn't commit to any of them.

now i understand, i honestly didnt know if resident evil 4 was at all like that(as in all over the place) a lot of those sections you mentioned i must admit i really enjoyed especially that village section and it did creep me out but it did have sections which looked like they could have been in a gears of war game, also that room mentioned in the above post sounds like fun :P

for me the best horror games i have played is dead space 1(still the best dead space game imo), dead space 2, the suffering(first horror game i played), maybe alien isolation but truthfully it never resonated with me like i wanted it to so for the most part games that took huge inspiration from resident evil 4

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
The first rule of White Club is you do not talk about White Club.

Genius.

So what does everyone think of Torment: Tides of Numinous Numerology Numinumina? I've been thinking of picking it up since I like talky, dense, novel-like RPGs but I've heard some pretty harsh criticisms of its combat system and I'm generally not a subtle enough player to avoid the combat track in a combat/diplomacy/stealth strategy triad.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:49 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Oh god the wolverine guys in RE4....that part where you're in the hallway and there's two of them in cages and you know you're gonna have to fight them in that super confined space....that might be the closest I have ever come to actually pooping myself.

I completely forgot about the damn Garradors. Holy crap. What does that say about a game that I can Google shit I don't remember and go, "holy crap! I remember that!" so many years later?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:26 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:

This is basically what the entire first half of Bloodborne feels like, hack and slash action be damned. Yharnam manages to be somehow claustrophobic and disorientingly vast at the same time and, at least during your first playthrough, you can never quite shake off the feeling that something might be watching you from the shadows. Something hungry.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:28 pm 

odd comparison since the games are not at all alike but Myst always made me feel like something was watching me, creeped the hell out of me

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:59 pm 

I don't think I ever played RE4 and you guys are really making me want to pick up the remastered PS4 version! I'm loving Nier Automata more and more as I play it. The game is way way more than what was in the demo, it's more open-world RPG than anything. There's a lot of really fun, whacky things to encounter and lots of clever, but subtle things. Anyone on the fence about it i'd say pick it up, but I can totally see why some people wouldn't like it.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:21 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
odd comparison since the games are not at all alike but Myst always made me feel like something was watching me, creeped the hell out of me

I always felt this way, too, and for me I think I can safely say it's 100% down to not being able to free-look.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:41 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
This is basically what the entire first half of Bloodborne feels like, hack and slash action be damned. Yharnam manages to be somehow claustrophobic and disorientingly vast at the same time and, at least during your first playthrough, you can never quite shake off the feeling that something might be watching you from the shadows. Something hungry.

I really really love the setting and the gameplay, it's probably the game that will make me buy a ps4 soon :)

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:01 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

I always felt this way, too, and for me I think I can safely say it's 100% down to not being able to free-look.

You can free-look in later Myst games and it still feels that way.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:05 pm 

Yeah but that's because the non-free-look games already established that atmosphere! I mean, you're fiddling around in this weird world that's clearly inhabited but you don't actually see people. They gotta be *somewhere*!

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:38 am 

Just finished my first playthrough of Digital Devil Saga. Really solid game overall. My only complaint is that the encounter rate is really high.

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:37 am 

RE: The controls in Resident Evil 4.

There have been a few mentions of the controls in the game being something which holds it back, or at least which haven't aged well. I want to add some of my thoughts about them.

Mentioned in this thread, the aiming. The aiming style is a very central element of this game. There is no option to just spray from the hip, you have to stop and place that little red dot on your target with precision. I think the main complaint is more due to everyone getting used to the double stick control scheme for aiming controls in modern third person games, and I don't think it's fair to strike a mark off RE4's control scheme because of that. The control itself was 100% functional. For those who truely don't like the way the game handles aiming, did you try playing the Wii version? I only played it briefly, but thought the game translated to Wii controls perfectly with the ability to aim by pointing at the screen. Nevertheless, I thought aiming with the left stick was fine.

Also mentioned in this thread, "run button instead of utilizing analog input". This isn't something I'd considered before, and I'm very glad the game didn't use analog input from the stick for running. Here's why; precision. The controls in this game are designed to feel precise, from the aiming to the movement. I wouldn't necessarily describe them as "fluid", especially compared to many other titles, but they're certainly solid. Adding analog input might introduce the problem of the player occasionally moving too far forward and into harm's way and would without a doubt only add frustration. The run button is a very clear "time to move" button, you're vunerable to ambush/projectiles while still or walking, and you switch to the run state to evade or advance to a better position. It's an on/off switch, and I think it works perfectly for this type of game.

Not mentioned in this thread, but the real reason I wanted to defend the controls in RE4 is the most common complaint by far; "you can't shoot while walking/running".

Doh! Imagine that first big encounter with the villagers, where they're all ganging up, crawling out of windows and jumping down from rooftops, advancing towards you. Do you not remember how many times there would be a bunch of them directly infront of you, you're very gradually picking them off but not sure if you'll manage before they reach you and, oh shit, there's one sneaking up from the side, closer than you thought. Time to hit the run button and get the fuck out of there! Move to a better position, and repeat.

This is the core of the combat in Resident Evil 4. It's what gives the player tension when fighting enemies, being forced to make the decision to hold your ground or to escape from the situation. When the chainsaw guy is running right towards you, do you keep firing with the hope that you'll knock him down, or do you evade? Now, imagine a RE4 where you can run around your enemies in circles, aiming at them with the right analog stick and just pumping bullets into them. No, it'd be pretty fucking rubbish.

I remember my first playthrough being the most tense, before being properly accustomed to the controls. Eventually during the course of the game you get used to how it works, and start figuring out tricks like stunning one enemy in a crowd and knocking them all down with a roundhouse kick (or later, performing a badass suplex on the zealots). When I unlocked the Mercenaries mode, which is some of the most fun I've ever had with a game's extra/unlockable content, I started getting really good with the controls. The race against time, and the huge number of enemies, meant you had to become very precise, use all the tricks you've learned and be extra careful with your timing regarding when to run, when to stop and fire off a shot or two, when to switch to grenades or use whatever weapon is most appropriate for the situation. The apparant lack of "fluidity" with the controls begins to disappear once you understand the timing and pace of the combat. I found that playing the Mercenaries mode really gave me a new appreciation of the combat in the game, and it became extremely addictive. Going back to play through the main story again, the game was actually a bit less intense because of the difference in how you play once you've made the controls your bitch; but it certainly didn't lose any of its fun factor, in fact quite the opposite.

The controls are certainly different from what most of us have become used to with the majority of third person action games these days, but I think it's maybe too easy to overlook how the control scheme in this game is so important to why the combat is so much fun.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:55 am 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
Just finished my first playthrough of Digital Devil Saga. Really solid game overall. My only complaint is that the encounter rate is really high.

I own almost all the SMT games, though only ever saw IV through to the end. Atlus weren't fucking around when they decided to make these games difficult.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:16 pm 

Woolie_Wool wrote:
So what does everyone think of Torment: Tides of Numinous Numerology Numinumina? I've been thinking of picking it up since I like talky, dense, novel-like RPGs but I've heard some pretty harsh criticisms of its combat system and I'm generally not a subtle enough player to avoid the combat track in a combat/diplomacy/stealth strategy triad.

An internet friend of mine just reviewed it and he (as usual) knocks it out of the park better than any other game reviewer out there:

Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:34 pm 

I dunno, I feel like I can't agree with his conclusions based on the fact that he doesn't like the Numenera setting to begin with, while I think it's fuckin awesome. You can say "it's just a bunch of random bullshit!" but when all the random bullshit is cool and fits together, it works out just fine. Also his nitpicking over "antediluvian", while technically accurate, is just really fucking anal for video game writing, and the whole review smacked of that sort of attitude: ridiculously high perfectionist standards for a genre featuring practically zero games that meet them. Is the guy who did the review secretly Shutdown?

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:33 pm 

Aeonblade wrote:
Trashy_Rambo wrote:

I own almost all the SMT games, though only ever saw IV through to the end. Atlus weren't fucking around when they decided to make these games difficult.

On the rare occasion that I actually struggled, it was almost always because I was just doing it wrong. The one optional boss I've found was pretty damned tough though.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:20 pm 

i have only played one Myst but i feel most of the reason i felt like i was being watched was how the camera worked but there is a lot more, mysterious structures, weird sounds, those books creeped the hell out of me, just everything felt off, also that huge post by Foulchrist i agree it took a lot of getting used to but it just works for the game

more mass effect Andromeda if anyone wants it

not too long till its out

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:59 pm 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:

On the rare occasion that I actually struggled, it was almost always because I was just doing it wrong. The one optional boss I've found was pretty damned tough though.

The only Megaten game I've played was Persona 4 and I thought it was phenomenal, but I sort of agree with both of you. The random encounters were almost puzzle based or like a steroid injected FFX where each enemy had some sort of exploitable weakness that you could use to pummel basically everything, and if I ever struggled or died it was because they got to me before I could pinpoint the exploit. On the other hand, nearly every boss absolutely pushed my shit in the first time I took them on. It seemed to get easier as I went but I think that had more to do with me getting the hang of the system (and maxing out the Hermit link so the Fox wouldn't bankrupt me whenever I needed healing) but man Shadow Yukiko was rough and Shadow Kanji absolutely wiped the floor with me like a half dozen times in a row. Near the end though it was more just a test of endurance because even after I figured out how to survive pretty much everybody after the video game kid (can't remember his name, Tetsuo?) took like 30+ minutes to kill.

Then again, I haven't done it myself because I never finished the second playthrough but I've heard the optional endgame fight against Margaret is the JRPG equivalent of trying to kill a battleship with a sharpened stick.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:20 am 

anyone going to get bulletstorm full clip edition?

i most likely am even if its $100 for a remaster it should be $60 imo but it was a lot of fun imo

Rosenthorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 am 

Has anyone checked out the new gameplay trailer and Kickstarter campaign for Mordhau? It looks reallllly good, especially for a game that isn't even in alpha yet. Complete with swords, horses, huge battles, catapults, castles, etc. It's basically in the vein of games like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Mount&Blade except with modern graphics, more features, and no broken gameplay. Not gonna lie, I pledged $60 for alpha access.

Obey the dolphin!

EvaGrin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:25 am 

I started to play Live Jazz slot designed for the jazz fans. It's easy to play and doesn't take much time. I play for free but maybe one day I'll try to play on money. Also I play Candy Crash now.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:32 pm 

Man, the Ringed City DLC is looking nasty, even by Soulsborne standards. We may yet have another Old Hunters on our hands soon.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:13 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I dunno, I feel like I can't agree with his conclusions based on the fact that he doesn't like the Numenera setting to begin with, while I think it's fuckin awesome. You can say "it's just a bunch of random bullshit!" but when all the random bullshit is cool and fits together, it works out just fine. Also his nitpicking over "antediluvian", while technically accurate, is just really fucking anal for video game writing, and the whole review smacked of that sort of attitude: ridiculously high perfectionist standards for a genre featuring practically zero games that meet them. Is the guy who did the review secretly Shutdown?

:lol: He's totally Shutdown's left-wing, Romanian doppleganger. He's an RPG Codex contrarian who blows up pretty minor problems to ludicrous degrees and I disagree with him a lot, but I more-or-less agree with him on this one. Tides of Numenera seeks to overwhelm you with its massive amount of text, but its writing is just extremely bloated, with mounds and mounds of superfluous descriptions and thesaurus synonyms that would make even Pillars of Eternity's lore dumps blush. It's like the main goal was just to make that word count as large as possible, rather than simply having good writing that uses as many words as needed to tell a story. Planescape: Torment had 800,000 words, but that wasn't the selling point; on the other hand, inXile were very happy to announce Tides of Numenera passed the 1 million word mark a year before the game even released.

Tides is basically interactive fiction with very pretty pictures and music, but with not very good fiction.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 pm 

Well, I still have yet to play it myself, so I can't weigh in one way or the other. But that guy's criticisms didn't come across as very convincing, at least.

That said, I wasn't suuuuper impressed with Pillars of Eternity myself. It struck me as well-executed but on the whole rather generic fantasy. I didn't like the combat system much, there were wayyyyy too many status effects with tiny, inconsequential variations, but then I've never liked RTWP and I've played worse. Super gorgeous of course, but they could've pushed the art style a lot further than they did. Item acquisition was really bonkers - many of the best weapons in the game can just be bought from a regular old town smith.

On the whole, a minor disappointment, but still a pretty good game.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:44 pm 

So apparently Carmageddon: Reincarnation was released? I've heard next to nothing so I'm assuming it was fairly mediocre.

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:20 am 

volutetheswarth wrote:
So apparently Carmageddon: Reincarnation was released? I've heard next to nothing so I'm assuming it was fairly mediocre.

It's Carmageddon in 2017.

If you want Carmageddon in 2017, you'll like it. If you don't, you won't.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:07 pm 

Been loving the new Path of Exile league, and I can't wait for the new update that's gonna add like 6 more acts.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm 

My brief half hour or so with Numenera so far was pleasurable. The setting is of course super cool (or you know, at least DIFFERENT, not generic fantasy world #368), the characters so far have been interesting...yeah, lots of text, and I'm sure that'll fatigue me and I'll stop clicking on every question mark to read every environmental description, but it was cool enough for me to continue.

The mind-read perk is cool, although I could see it being a broken feature, too much info into people's motives? It occurs automatically during dialogue.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 798, 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804 ... 940  Next