Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm 

rexxz wrote:
That's why I just make music and smoke weed. The hippies were right.

Finer words couldn't have been spoken from anyone but a shrimp boat captain.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:24 pm 

rexxz wrote:
That's why I just make music and smoke weed. The hippies were right.

My man! I've been smoking all through this weird cough going around. Finally starting to get over it. I just didn't have the self-control to stop getting lifted even though I was hacking up a lung.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:25 pm 

(Un)fortunately, I do the same. It only hurts for a little while but then you feel good!

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:17 pm 

Never saw the appeal of smoking. And yes, I've tried smoking tobacco before just to see why so many people did it. I've smoked two cigarettes in my whole life. I admit the first couple of puffs feel good. As if your head is getting lighter. It's like 5 times stronger than a cup of coffee as far as head cleansing goes... but then that's it. And honestly, I didn't cough much. I was afraid I'd cough uncontrollably for about 2-3 minutes, but nope. Honestly, I think the only reason why there's so many tobacco addicts out there is because they smoked a few cigs just out of curiosity or due to peer pressure and then became addicted to them. I don't know a single smoker who doesn't regret it. There's two type of people who ALWAYS sai "I wish I had never done that!" people who smoke and people who sell their older video games.

And I'm very glad cafés, malls, etc. have been smoke-free here since 2007. Nothing more annoying than going to a restaurant or a café an having someone next to you smoking. Made your meal taste like ashes. Plus since so many people smoke tobacco, obviously the amount of selfish douche smokers is gonna be fairly high, so no wonder many smokers don't care if the people next to them have kids or have breathing problems and thus can't handle tobacco's smoke.

As for weed, I tried it on my 1st university year and... I felt nothing. I gave lots of puffs and zero. And then it just gave me an uncomfortable feel on my throat and I began coughing. Maybe I didn't do it right, I dunno. And I've also been told that weed usually doesn't "work" in the first couple of times people try it. But whatever. Not interested in trying it ever again.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm 

K

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm 

rexxz, put some substance in your posts or don't post at all. K?

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 pm 

It definitely sounds like you may not have the right mindset to enjoy pot, so leaving it alone is probably a great idea. But yes it is true that it often doesn't "take" for people the first few times. In my experience this was because I was smoking really garbage stuff. The first time I shared a blunt of chronic with two other people I got so stoned that I tried to climb into a 4-door car through the front passenger side.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm 

Derigin wrote:
rexxz, put some substance in your posts or don't post at all. K?

the lack of substance was the substance. Sometimes a "k" is exactly what's needed when facing down a hot take like that.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
The first time I shared a blunt of chronic with two other people I got so stoned that I tried to climb into a 4-door car through the front passenger side.

So... what's wrong with that? :scratch:

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 pm 

Maybe he meant he tried to get into the back seat from the front?

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:45 pm 

Sorry, yeah I guess I left out that very crucial detail. I was supposed to be riding in the back. My buddy plopped down in the front passenger seat and I just stood there staring at him.

Pat: ...you need something?
Me: For you to get out, so I can climb in?
Pat: *Glances backwards slowly* *Looks back at me* It's 4 doors.

I was blitzkrieged.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm 

rexxz wrote:
K

KKK?

Jonpo wrote:
It definitely sounds like you may not have the right mindset to enjoy pot, so leaving it alone is probably a great idea. But yes it is true that it often doesn't "take" for people the first few times. In my experience this was because I was smoking really garbage stuff. The first time I shared a blunt of chronic with two other people I got so stoned that I tried to climb into a 4-door car through the front passenger side.

Well, tbh I only did it because "so let's see what these reggae lovers are always bragging about...".

Well I've never been high, but as far as drunk stories... I have some embarrassing ones I'd rather not talk about hahaha. But it's interesting to me how when you're drunk incredibly bad ideas sound like great ones to you. Like that time me and my classmate were drunk as hell and instead of taking a bus or a taxi home we decided it was a good idea to walk home for about one hour and a half at about 3-4AM, as if we weren't too tired and sleepy to walk for longer than 10 minutes or as if there's no way someone could possibly mug us in a big city that late at night.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:52 pm 

I've never considered smoking tobacco, largely because the best I've ever heard anyone say about it is, "it's relaxing." Well that's fine... but I'd rather relax by watching King of the Hill. And before you get the idea I'm some crazy-ass judgmental puritan, I do occasionally enjoy the marihuana and wouldn't be averse to trying shrooms if the opportunity presented itself.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:56 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
I've never considered smoking tobacco, largely because the best I've ever heard anyone say about it is, "it's relaxing." Well that's fine... but I'd rather relax by watching King of the Hill. And before you get the idea I'm some crazy-ass judgmental puritan, I do occasionally enjoy the marihuana and wouldn't be averse to trying shrooms if the opportunity presented itself.

Yeah tobacco doesn't make you feel any different. At least alcohol and I'm sure also weed can make you do some funny stuff and give you nice memories. I don't see any advantages to tobacco. Smokers do seem to make a good social use of tobacco, though. I bet many of their friendships are started by asking someone if they have a lighter.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:57 pm 

Tobacco literally does produce physical and mental changes. Perhaps you hadn't noticed them, did not smoke enough, your subjective experience or memories are weighted towards a feeling that says nothing happened... whatever the case. But it most certainly does have an effect. Tobacco has been scientifically studied extensively for almost 100 years, and used by humans for thousands for that reason.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:02 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Tobacco literally does produce physical and mental changes. Perhaps you hadn't noticed them, did not smoke enough, your subjective experience or memories are weighted towards a feeling that says nothing happened... whatever the case. But it most certainly does have an effect. Tobacco has been scientifically studied extensively for almost 100 years, and used by humans for thousands for that reason.

Maybe on a long term, yeah. Like I've said, I only smoked a couple of cigs. I did notice my head feeling good for about 3-4 seconds but then, eh.

But yeah, it didn't appeal me and the risks it has for your health on a long term don't sound very nice.

Besides, smokers are always complaining about how expensive tobacco is. I remember in HS so many of my classmates using most of their lunch money on tobacco.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm 

I think you've mixed up your words. The physical and mental effects of tobacco are mostly short term. Of course there are a few long-term health factors there as well, but the reason people smoke is is due to the immediate, short term effects.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 pm 

Festivus wrote:
At least alcohol and I'm sure also weed can make you do some funny stuff and give you nice memories.

Exactly this! If I am going to ingest something that could damage my health, I damn well better get a good laugh out if it.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:08 pm 

You probably didn't draw in the smoke properly. Unless you have an exceptional tolerance for nicotine or smoked very light cigarettes, the immediate effects should be very obvious. It's a nice headrush combined with lightheadedness, which may not be very pleasant depending on who you ask, and high heart rate.

I enjoy smoking. Unfortunately it's very addictive, and I can't do it without getting hooked. Once you build up a tolerance for it and smoke habitually, it's nothing but a disgusting money-drain that ruins your physical health as well as mood, and an excellent way to financially support some of the most despicable industries and companies.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:13 pm 

rexxz wrote:
I think you've mixed up your words. The physical and mental effects of tobacco are mostly short term. Of course there are a few long-term health factors there as well, but the reason people smoke is is due to the immediate, short term effects.

Ah, I see. Well, the effects I felt were reallyyyy short term. And only remember feeling them in the first couple of puffs. Then smoking the rest of the cig all the way to the end felt like a hassle.

As far as "relaxation" goes, a beer or two do that to me. I've learnt to master the ability of staying in the tipsy territory and not falling into the "drunk" territory. It's amazing how sometimes just another small glass can get you quite drunk. Tipsiness is cool. You get happier for a while but then go back to normal, and plus no hangover the next morning. It's almost as if you didn't even drink at all in the previous night.

My only "addiction" is caffeine. It feels good, it's even healthy on a moderate amount, and it tastes good.

Ilwhyan wrote:
You probably didn't draw in the smoke properly. Unless you have an exceptional tolerance for nicotine or smoked very light cigarettes, the immediate effects should be very obvious. It's a nice headrush combined with lightheadedness, which may not be very pleasant depending on who you ask, and high heart rate.

I enjoy smoking. Unfortunately it's very addictive, and I can't do it without getting hooked. Once you build up a tolerance for it and smoke habitually, it's nothing but a disgusting money-drain that ruins your physical health as well as mood, and an excellent way to financially support some of the most despicable industries and companies there are.

Yeah I felt a headrush for a few seconds but then meh. Don't recall feeling an increased heart rate. But this was already... 7-8 years ago? And it didn't feel unpleasant. And I doubt I have high tolerance for nicotine considering I've only smoked two cigs in my whole life. So maybe the tobacco I smoked wasn't very strong? I don't remember but I'm pretty sure I smoked Marlboro.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:15 pm 

I've never understood them. My girl smokes and it's so annoying. I love her to death but we constantly have to stop and buy a new pack. They're so expensive and smell so bad. Never tried one, thankfully.

Weed is a lot of fun but it's crazy how differently it hits different people. I know folks who become damn near catatonic off a few bong rips. Whereas at this point in my life I can power down a full bowl of chronic and I'd probably be okay to talk to a cop if I had to. It used to make me really withdrawn and introspective when I first started (around 19, I'm 30 now). Possibly because none of my friends wanted to try it so I just smoked alone for the first couple years, listening to music or reading a book. These days I pretty much want to pair it with anything/everything I can. Doing something rad? Pot will make it even better! Doing something fucking lame? Spruce it up with a little high!

I've never found weed to be a cheat code for relaxation though. It actually used to make me self-aware and introspective to the point of extreme paranoia. Now I miss those days. I want to try some of the really high octane medical stuff, like the breath strips that will make you think the world is ending. I miss the feel of "freaking out".

Only other drugs I've tried are mushrooms (so incredible) and the occasional pill (not a fan). I'd like to try pretty much everything I can before I die, excepting heroin.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:17 pm 

I'm not a "smoker" but I'll have one every once in a while if a friend or family member has got some. It's more of a social thing for me. I'll burn the holy herb 24/7, though.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm 

I know some people who only smoke once in a full blue moon. As in at a party. Apparently smoking a cigarette whilst drunk feels good.

Smoking looks cool in noire movies, btw.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:29 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I've never found weed to be a cheat code for relaxation though. It actually used to make me self-aware and introspective to the point of extreme paranoia.

This is how it normally works for me. I still enjoy it, but I definitely have to smoke with the right setting and mindset, unlike many folks I know who can just casually light up anytime to barely any outward effect.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm 

21st century smokers are so dumb.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:33 pm 

That's an Indy band right?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:39 pm 

Smoking cigarettes is the equivalent of being part of the anti-vaccination movement.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:39 pm 

MonumentalBlackArt wrote:
That's an Indy band right?

Hah, it does sound like a good name for an Indie band.

Btw, speaking of music, this band paradise lost seems good thus far.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 pm 

I'll smoke a cigarette and I am neither dumb nor anti-vaccer (or the equivalent of). Ok?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:56 pm 

CardsOfWar wrote:
Oh wow, new FFA. What's cooking people?

New Nightbringer track just dropped and it slays!

This is really good.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:57 pm 

rexxz wrote:
I'll smoke a cigarette and I am neither dumb

You might not "be dumb", but you are doing something dumb, at least. :)

It's OK, otherwise relatively smart people do stupid things sometimes.

Quote:
nor anti-vaccer (or the equivalent of). Ok?

He didn't say smokers were anti-vaxxers. He said they were equivalent.

In a way I can see it. Ignoring scientific evidence to continue doing something harmful to one's self and to others? It strangely fits.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:13 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
rexxz wrote:
I'll smoke a cigarette and I am neither dumb

You might not "be dumb", but you are doing something dumb, at least. :)

It's OK, otherwise relatively smart people do stupid things sometimes.

Quote:
nor anti-vaccer (or the equivalent of). Ok?

In a way I can see it. Ignoring scientific evidence to continue doing something harmful to one's self and to others? It strangely fits.

I know what he said and y'all are both completely wrong and being kind of patronizing, tbh. Everyone does dumb things, both of you are included in that. If that's the only point you wanted to make, it's kind of moot isn't it?

MonumentalBlackArt
Magic Mike Jr.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:13 pm 

It would make sense if the smoker denied scientific evidence and said it wasn't bad for you... I think everyone who smokes knows it isn't healthy.

@Zodi - if you liked that track you should listen to their last album.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm 

Most people I know who smoke cigs desperately want to quit but haven't been successful or are scared to try. Obviously we all know trying it in the first place is an idiotic thing but most of them were teens or younger (ie: idiots) at the time. We all have anecdotes of tough motherfuckers who just decided to stop, and did. But that's not the norm. It's a really hard thing to get off of, and it's not because they're morons.

Red_Death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm 

Morrigan wrote:

It's precious that someone who both interprets what someone doing with a bias and thereby misrepresents it and assumes a whole lot without anything to back it up talks of doing dumb things. And of course, the next thing we can expect is 21st century smokers doing outright propaganda while smirking in the face of that deluded mainstream establishment.

But hey, relatively smart people and all that jazz, right?

Last edited by Red_Death on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Most people I know who smoke cigs desperately want to quit but haven't been successful or are scared to try. Obviously we all know trying it in the first place is an idiotic thing but most of them were teens or younger (ie: idiots) at the time. We all have anecdotes of tough motherfuckers who just decided to stop, and did. But that's not the norm. It's a really hard thing to get off of, and it's not because they're morons.

Yeah, many people start smoking in HS here once they're old enough to go clubbing and such.

Many smokers I've met have tried to quit several times, some even quit for a while... but then fell back into it again.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 pm 

Well, in a way, the smoker denies scientific evidence by not stopping. I know, it's tough though for sure but I mean, nowadays, there's absolutely no good reasons to start smoking. Also, being patronizing to smokers is one of my all time favorite things to do. I have zero sympathy for people my age who are smokers, sorry. You guys can be patronizing about my weight if it can make you feel better!

You go, Russia!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:32 pm 

The smoker does not deny scientific evidence by not stopping. Not even in a way. It's a choice that is made in face of the facts, not a denial of the facts. And when a smoker here starts asking for sympathy, then you can talk about not having any or wanting to give it. As far as I know, that has literally never happened on this forum. It's like saying people who eat junk food are dumb or are the equivalent of anti-vaccers because they still eat it.

Last edited by rexxz on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm 

Yeah I agree with rexxz here. That's a dumb false equivalency, Tony. :P

He's just trying to rile you up anyway, rexxz. (And it's working).

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 pm 

But that's my secret. I'm always riled. Sorry, it doesn't work. :lol:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 332  Next