Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:31 pm 

There are some items people are trying to figure out, yes.

Has it been confirmed, has any player completely completed the chalice dungeons? Excluding the root dungeons, it looked like there were still some premade ones I didn't touch. Some high level stuff like Sinister, etc. I wonder how far they go.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:36 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Could it be the memory leak glitch, maybe?

First I've heard of this, but reading up on it now, and it seems like this may be the case...interesting.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:04 am 

BloodborneLecture Hall Coin:

Not sure if this has been pointed out but there's some sort of coin on the wall in the Lecture Hall, which I haven't seen anywhere else.

From the lamp take the first door on the right to find yourself in a small anteroom outside one the area's theaters. head to the wall opposite the entrance and turn left, between the wall and the closet/cabinet. At the end of this short corridor is a coin or a disc on the wall. I haven't been able to interact with it but I wandered around the rest of the area and didn't see it anywhere else.

Any ideas?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:37 pm 

Can you take a screenshot? Should be easy with the PS4's sharing capabilities.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:18 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Can you take a screenshot? Should be easy with the PS4's sharing capabilities.

Never mind. I went back this morning and it wasn't there. Then I noticed that it was a broken piece of those globes that got stuck on the wall somehow. Damn, I thought I'd uncovered more of the Bloodborne mystery!

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm 

Try the locked door in the cathedral area, now there's a mystery... More than likely a mistake or something left over from previous builds, as it seems to lead into a bridge to the Cleric Beast.

Am I really the only one into the new Mortal Kombat right now? I can't believe how good this is, for a fighter casual like myself, I'm really digging it a lot.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:46 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
Am I really the only one into the new Mortal Kombat right now? I can't believe how good this is, for a fighter casual like myself, I'm really digging it a lot.

I'm pretty much an MK fanatic, so I'll certainly be getting it. I just didn't at launch because I'm trying to be responsible (plus I'm rarely home to play games much nowadays anyway)
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:20 pm 

Xeogred wrote:

Eh. I had it for about a week before I returned it. Something's always been missing from that series for me.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:34 pm 

Holy fuck. Humble Origin Bundle. Ultima 7, Wing Commander 3 & 4 (the best of the series), Command & Conquer Generals AND Zero Hour and Dragon Age: Origins? Hell yes. And as far as brainless casual games go, the three that are up there are probably about as good as they get.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:42 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
Try the locked door in the cathedral area, now there's a mystery... More than likely a mistake or something left over from previous builds, as it seems to lead into a bridge to the Cleric Beast.

You're right.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:56 pm 

Hah, awesome with the coins. I guess that confirms it.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:00 pm 

As if I needed another reason to absolutely loathe Rockstar:
Rockstar Customer Service Instructed to Hang Up on Customers

tl;dr basically if your Rockstar account got hacked and you want phone support, Rockstar tells you to get bent.

A company that sold 45 million copies of their flagship title and definitely can afford proper support, but won't. Ugh.

Worse, I didn't even know Rockstar games had additional DRM. I knew of Origin and uPlay, but Rockstar has their own thing too? GTA IV apparently had 3 layers of DRM for the PC version at the time (Securom, GFWL and Rockstar Social Club). How does EA and Ubisoft get so much shit for Origin and uPlay but I never heard a peep about Rockstar's Social Club. Worse, they actually lie about how secure their service is. From the Gamers Nexus article:
Quote:
After taking days to officially comment, Rockstar told Kotaku in a statement that its service had not been compromised. The company indicated that hacked accounts may have been exposed through rainbow lists previously obtained elsewhere; if some other site were hacked and the same account information had been used, that'd be the source of it, Rockstar said. Rockstar then urged its users to change passwords regardless.

Interestingly, our hacked account employed a password unique to Rockstar's services that, known to us, has never been used elsewhere. This effectively rules-out a rainbow table lookup and the strength of the password is enough to minimize brute forcing possibilities (within the allotted timeframe).

So their DRM is not even secure, it's fully required and locks you out of playing the game if it gets stolen, and their support is effectively worthless.

And I'll bet people will still buy GTA VI and/or Red Dead Redemption 2 by the millions regardless. :nono:

Edit: this page shows tons of stolen accounts with passwords in plain text. WTF? Is Rockstar's password encryption that easy to crack or something? Many of those passwords are not dictionary words or anything and are actually pretty strong....

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:33 pm 

They produce overrated games. I've yet to play anything from them that I would class as amazing.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:22 pm 

Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever made and the GTA series is phenomenal.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:47 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever made and the GTA series is phenomenal.

Need to get around to playing Red Dead Redemption. GTA 5 is dull but I want to play Vice City.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:56 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:

Would kill* for a PC port of RDR, and I'm not even into Westerns all that much outside of Leone.

*admittedly only a bug, but it could be one of those super harmless bugs that I normally go out of my way to NOT kill like a ladybug!

I plan to pick up GTA V after I'm completely finished with Witcher 3, but god knows when that'll be.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:03 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
I_Am_Vengeance wrote:

Would kill* for a PC port of RDR, and I'm not even into Westerns all that much outside of Leone.

From what I've heard, porting it to the PC is next to impossible for them due to the way it was coded or something.

In other news, here is another Witcher 3 video

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:09 pm 

Vice City is still probably my favorite, even though GTA5 seems to be the best one in the series objectively on many levels. I'm neutral about the series. Really enjoyed III, Vice City, and SA... when city sandboxes weren't really a thing. Now there's about a thousand of them and all this shit has been done a thousand times. GTA5 was okay and I finished it, but every once and awhile you hit some mission that requires you to arrange a loading dock for semi trucks... and it finally sinks in, this is the mission? Yes, you need to use this giant crane, to arrange cargo, on a truck. This is a thing in a game? Yes, this is the mission. Why am I doing this? Exactly. 70% of these games are pretty much aimless driving too. Why bother when you can go back and play San Fransisco Rush or something else instead?

To see these games have the highest sales ever and highest rated reviews in the history of the medium, is definitely embarrassing. The only thing GTA5 did differently than the other games was the multiple characters thing... which has been done, far better, in just about literally everything else. Mass Effect, Secret of Mana (yes lets get silly here), think of any random game that lets you control multiple characters and it's probably better implemented than this.

The FPS mode sucked too. Cool idea and a nice bonus though, but the game was clearly not designed around that originally and it shows. Again, GTA as an FPS... pretty much garbage compared to any other given FPS out there right now. GTA games are -okay-, but do not excel in any single area over other games out there.

Great city design and world, but underneath it all there's really not much to it. 6/10

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:27 pm 

The GTA games just don't interest me much at all. I liked to just drive around in Vice City but I've never really felt the urge to actually play through the stories of any of those games.

The dumbest thing about GTA is that they keep cramming it full of all the boring, regular shit that people do in real life. You can sit on your couch and watch TV! You can take a multi-week yoga class but only virtually so you're still a sloppy fat fuck! How stupid is that? Why are people paying money for that shit?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

DeathspellDelta
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:28 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
In other news, here is another Witcher 3 video

AAA games have gotten so bad that your very own character is telling you what to do.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:29 pm 

Yeah, the TV thing in GTA4 made no fucking sense other than developer wank. At least the Ricky Gervais sketches were somewhat funny (but still almost as pointless as the hours of TV stuff).

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:46 pm 

*Story about how evil Rockstar is*

"DUDE GTA IS AWESOME DUUUUDE"

Morrigan wrote:
And I'll bet people will still buy GTA VI and/or Red Dead Redemption 2 by the millions regardless. :nono:

Ayup

Spoiler: show
Still can't believe how popular these shitty games are, oh well

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:55 pm 

I can't fucking stand the morass of herd-like Rockstar fanboys, but I think calling these games "shitty" is a tad ridiculous. Basically, my opinions on GTA 4 line up exactly with this Cracked article.

The amount of detail and nurture and love injected into the fine details in these games is absolutely staggering, but it's all muffled by serious fundamental flaws that have plagued pretty much all of their games (that I've played, that is).

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:10 pm 

Red Dead Redemption was loads of fun.

The GTA series is solid but nothing I'd pay for to play.

Those are basically all of my thoughts on Rockstar.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:17 pm 

I'd probably rather play another Assassin's Creed than another GTA.

Almost hurts to say that!

AssCreed II was legit though and I'd like to play IV sometime, but yeah. Ubimilk.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:27 pm 

So Pillars of Eternity is fantastic. If I'm being honest I think I like it better than Baldur's Gate. That said, I was always more of a Fallout 1/2 and Planescape fan than BG/Icewind Dale.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:30 pm 

It fucking is. But you should know that most discussion on it is primarily in the not-so-spanking-new (but probably is to you) PC Game and Indie thread :).

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:18 am 

Good call :)
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:34 am 

Gta 3 and vice city were core game play focused, with strong similarities to the arcady gta 2. San Andreas made a step into the gimmick direction and had more extensive storytelling. All three of them felt arcady and fast though.
From Gta 4 onward the focus on story, gimmicks and "increasing world detail" by adding distracting shit kinda got out of hand and everything felt too sluggish and unfocused for me. Also the tone of the series' humor changed from over the top and kind of goofy satire to an all encompassing cynical shit take on basically every element of society with very disturbing realistically dark undertones. That was also something I was not fond of.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:30 am 

Xeogred wrote:

Been playing it too on pc and Im really surprised how considering it's so supposed to be optimized for pc, they really screwed things up on the release date. Usually when you preorder a game and activate it on Steam, it downloads it a day or so before the release date, that way you can play it at midnight. Well, they did a new "feature", where you download 10% and it's supposed to download as you play it. So when midnight came, all there was, was a main menu with two characters.
Anyway, Im loving it too, but with a few gripes:
Story mode sucked, being too short with a lame boss fight.
I dont like the brutalities prerequisites.

captain_che
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:35 am 

I love Rockstar games.

In other news, I got my Bloodborne platinum!

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:57 am 

GTA IV is just a steaming pile of funless shit. GTAV brings back enough of the fun and is just THAT impressively advanced technologically it gets a big tick for me. Red Dead's good stuff is really, really fucking good, but was kinda painful as an open world game, so much riding slowly through the desert.

Vice City and San Andreas are among my favourite games ever though. Vice City particularly.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:41 pm 

My whole point was to talk about Rockstar as a company and not their games.... sigh. Guess no one cares, oh well.

Bloodborne patch is out! Too bad I already beat the game three times :lol: but well I'll make a new character eventually.

Quote:
-Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
-Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
-Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
-Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
-When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play
This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
-Other various bug fixes

We will continue to make improvements to better the play experience.

Also, loading screens now have item descriptions instead of a boring logo :)

Source: http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodb ... 4/103.html

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

TheSorrowfulNorth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:13 pm 

Can't wait for Witcher 3. Surviving on Bloodborne at the moment which I'm looking forward to the new patch as Morrigan pointed out. There has been a lot of Witcher 3 info released but check out the article below:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/04/ ... e_missions

Level cap at 60 and the map sounds quite large. There was a previous article on the same site that talks about the world being split into 3 different sections that are unlocked over time. Best of all it sounds like loading screens are minimal but we will see how that turns out when the game is released.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/04/ ... ng_screens

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
My whole point was to talk about Rockstar as a company and not their games.... sigh. Guess no one cares, oh well.

...then why did you write,
Quote:
Still can't believe how popular these shitty games are, oh well

:???:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:00 pm 

I wrote that after everyone kept talking about the games's alleged qualities, not in my original post. And I put that in a spoiler tag to show it was a "btw"/afterthought kind of thing.

(Can't believe I actually have to explain that... I swear, I can never tell if you're that obtuse, or just disingenuous.)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:06 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Bloodborne patch is out!

Wooooooooooo!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:08 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
Wooooooooooo!

The patch notes don't mention it, but they sorta nerfed the cannon, too. It requires 12 QS bullets instead of 10, which means that even with using blood bullets you're limited to 2 shots now instead of 4, unless you use a rune that boosts your QS bullet count. Those runes seemed kinda useless before but I guess they have a use now haha.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:05 pm 

I've yet to use the cannon, though I've read that it helps a bunch in certain late game boss fights? I may have to start leveling my strength stat more to try it out. Either way, quicker load times will be excellent. I also forgot to mention I got my copy of the Bloodborne guide in the mail, and it's pretty nice! I think I'm going to set it aside until after I finish this initial playthrough though, as not knowing what the fuck is going on in this game is a big part of it's charm, I feel. :lol:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:30 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I wrote that after everyone kept talking about the games's alleged qualities, not in my original post. And I put that in a spoiler tag to show it was a "btw"/afterthought kind of thing.

I was just annoyed at the reductive grenade; that's my thing! :P

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:

Very good writing. Quest was a touch too simple/clear cut but not bad for what I'm assuming is a mere drop in the ocean. I find the "controversy" this video caused to be relatively hilarious though.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690, 691 ... 940  Next