Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 pm 

Ugh, not this shit again.....

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:36 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Dragunov wrote:
I'm down for a Bloodborne thread! And yes, The Witcher 3 looks great, but I imagine I'll still be grinding it out in Bloodborne for a while before I try it out. :lol:

Bloodborne has grinding? :|

That's not what I meant by grinding, sorry. But to answer your question, if you feel the need to ask, it probably "doesn't".

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:44 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Bloodborne has grinding? :|

Of course not.

CardsOfWar wrote:
Just looking at the bestiary, Dark Souls and Demon's Souls have giant flying stingrays that shoot spears, a giant made of two swordsman grafted together, weird giant attack mushroom things, and a whole lot of other interesting shit. Bloodborne just has a million different flavors of zombie peasant.

Hahaha

Hahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahaha

Oh, you sweet summer child... :lol:

♫ La-la-la-la ♫

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 pm 

Yeah seriously, what? If anything, there are more enemy types that aren't zombies. :scratch:

Also:
Spoiler: show
FUCK that machine gun guy on that roof in Old Yharnam

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:10 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
Yeah seriously, what? If anything, there are more enemy types that aren't zombies. :scratch:

Also:

Yeah someone clearly hasn't left central Yharnam yet... :lol:

Hey guys Dark Souls is nothing but hollow soldiers!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:08 pm 

Guess who's back?

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for PC/PS4/Xbone. Some details: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... 68435.aspx

Screenshots and concept art:

:nods:

EDIT: More details, sounds very good.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:37 pm 

That "memory leak" bug that many people will no doubt use to their brainless advantage is unbelievable. What really boggles my mind is how this made it all the way into the final game. Stress testing is one of like the most important (and easy) fucking things you can do when developing a game. You leave it running for DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS until a fucking power outage. There's no way in hell they didn't leave it on overnight multiple hundreds of times, probably with scripts playing the game automatically until morning, and others just sitting idle. How could they not notice braindead enemies? Even if it's patched it's too late, people can just delete patch and or play offline. GG now every scrub will be a "pro"

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:43 pm 

Just because they can identify a bug exists doesn't mean they know how to fix it, or have the resources to fix it, or can fix it in time. These games have release dates that are set in stone after a certain point, bug or no bug.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:50 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
That "memory leak" bug that many people will no doubt use to their brainless advantage

What a ridiculous thing to say. It's their game; they bought the system, they bought the game, if they want to "take advantage" of an exploit and ruin their own game, that's their prerogative.

Also, to add to what FSM said, that's simply the added cost of getting a sprawling, non-linear action RPG on release. You want a completely bug-free game on release? Go play a 5-hour Activision FPS.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:46 pm 

FUCK YES an explosion of awesome glass right in your face.

I DID ask for more Deus Ex. Stoked. Jensen was awesome and I am more than happy to do another set within that time frame. I just hope he fine tunes his gravel voice a bit more, it was a little over the top compared to the rest of the voice acting in the game. Not bad though. That and the hacking needs to be done away with or far less tedious, or just don't populate the game with 3,000,000 terminals to hack because my OCD can't fight it. Other than that, no complaints. This is gonna rock.

I would love to see Sarif and others return. And Bob Page! Give him a real part this time. If this ties more into the original like they're suggesting, could be amazing.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 pm 

Reducing the hacking would be nice, but I think I'd most like to see a genuinely interesting skill tree. Like 90% of the skill tree in HR was either 1) hacking bonuses to the boring hacking minigame, 2) bonuses to the stealth system that's already super easy when you have no bonuses at all, or 3) upgrades to dumb shit like your smartbombs which I never used in the first place. Or how about the "punching through walls" thing which the trailer made it look like you could just do anywhere, but which of course is only possible in a very, very few areas, usually offering only a few ammo/health pickups or a small shortcut?

Not to say HR was a bad game or anything, it had a lot of good qualities, but considering how fun the original's upgrade and skill system was, HR's was a pretty big disappointment.

Meditari
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:05 pm 

Awesome! Looks like the game-world will be bigger and/or more explorable than than the last game, which is one of the few things that bummed me out while playing HR. That being said, I think it having 3,000,000 terminals is going to be a pretty fair bet.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:27 pm 

The skill tree was pretty underweight, yeah, but I was still impressed how the game really did facilitate playing it through 3 completely different ways: Stealth (including non-lethal), Hacker or All Guns Blazing. And each way worked well.

My biggest problems with HR were the very poor writing--you can tell they'd locked in the locations long before the script had been written, but even then, this one was shockingly incompetent, with really forced mythical and biblical references shoehorned in as frequently as possible--the Geralt rip-off PC voice, boring characters except for the pilot lady, the uninspired art design which completely retconned's the original's in favor of a generic-ish anglicanized sci-fi anime theme (think Ghost in the Shell dusted with gold leaf) and, worst of all, the main antagonist of the game was voiced by none other than Mr. Ratburn from Arthur which made him... rather difficult to take seriously.

That and what the fuck was up with the air vents? Every single air vent in the game only ever lead to EXACTLY where you needed to go, and they were usually guarded by two guards with their backs right against the vent.

It was enjoyable, and there was an impressive amount of content given how slick it all was, but it definitely wasn't the worthy successor many consider it to be.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:32 pm 

Oh c'mon dude, "hacker" definitely doesn't count as a different way to play - that was just additional. You had to either be a hacker + stealth, or hacker + all guns blazing.

As for the writing, I thought it started out quite strong, but clearly fell apart toward the end. The main villain just sort of appeared out of nowhere and had such flimsy motivation that I couldn't take him seriously. Compare to the original, where you're introduced to the villains from the opening cinematic.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:34 pm 

dark: Good fuck dude. HR could have been 10x worse than it was. If you went in expecting it to surpass the original, you started off wrong. I agree that it dipped in the end (zombies and magical ending button?), but I liked how all the endings kind of sucked, as in weren't happy, which has always been the case in these games. They kind of leave you empty... but in a well done way. Shit sucks and there's no magical button to fix things. Well for the most part...

failsafeman wrote:
Reducing the hacking would be nice, but I think I'd most like to see a genuinely interesting skill tree. Like 90% of the skill tree in HR was either 1) hacking bonuses to the boring hacking minigame, 2) bonuses to the stealth system that's already super easy when you have no bonuses at all, or 3) upgrades to dumb shit like your smartbombs which I never used in the first place. Or how about the "punching through walls" thing which the trailer made it look like you could just do anywhere, but which of course is only possible in a very, very few areas, usually offering only a few ammo/health pickups or a small shortcut?

Not to say HR was a bad game or anything, it had a lot of good qualities, but considering how fun the original's upgrade and skill system was, HR's was a pretty big disappointment.

I don't recall liking IW's upgrade system much, but I do recall it being a bit more flexible. Might have been the best in this regard haha, but it's been awhile. I definitely remember some throwaway abilities in the first game though.

I actually thought the wall punching thing was hilariously OP, because almost every single breakable wall also led to a Praxis Kit.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:40 pm 

Hmmm, it's been a while since I played it but I distinctly remember a pure-hacker build being completely viable. If you're going the non-lethal route, you can't control turrets or anything dangerous, and putting points into combat won't help you much either.

That said, iirc by the time you hit the final area you can pretty much max out every stat, even those you'll never use. Kinda ridiculous tbh.

Xeogred wrote:
dark: Good fuck dude. HR could have been 10x worse than it was. If you went in expecting it to surpass the original, you started off wrong.

Hey, I liked the game! As far as modern AAA titles go, it was pretty damned awesome.

It's curious that for all the great ideas Human Revolution had, BioWare chose only to take the absolute worst: the room with 4 buttons.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
I actually thought the wall punching thing was hilariously OP, because almost every single breakable wall also led to a Praxis Kit.

Hah, well my point wasn't that wall punching was underpowered, just that it ended up being "put a skill point here for a few extra items sometimes" skill. It was a complete joke compared to how cool the skill could (and should) have been.

darkeningday wrote:
Hmmm, it's been a while since I played it but I distinctly remember a pure-hacker build being completely viable. If you're going the non-lethal route, you can't control turrets or anything dangerous, and putting points into combat won't help you much either.

Nah man you're missing the point a bit. There really wasn't such a thing as "builds" in the traditional RPG sense, because the skills didn't affect gameplay much except to improve hacking or make the already-easy stealth even easier. The only directly combat-related stuff you could get (IIRC) was armor, the other crap being stupid kill moves or smartbombs or some dumb bells & whistles nonsense that I never ever used despite going full guns blazing. Your build basically didn't affect how you played at all, except to make some non-essential aspects somewhat easier. You could do every kind of run (guns-blazing, full-stealth, full-stealth+non-lethal) with essentially any build you cared to try, without noticing all that much difference. It might make hacking more annoying I guess, but again that usually just gives you some extra items now and then.

Compare this to, say, Alpha Protocol, where each tree gives access to all sorts of things that aren't at all effective otherwise - the "hacking" tree gives you access to all sorts of bombs and gadgets, for example. Granted AP is more of an RPG than HR is, but we're talking about ways HR could've been better, and AP definitely provides a good example of one way it could've been.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:29 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Just because they can identify a bug exists doesn't mean they know how to fix it, or have the resources to fix it, or can fix it in time. These games have release dates that are set in stone after a certain point, bug or no bug.

Sorry, but that's total BS and not how any game developer works.
darkeningday wrote:
Sick6Six wrote:
That "memory leak" bug that many people will no doubt use to their brainless advantage

What a ridiculous thing to say. It's their game; they bought the system, they bought the game, if they want to "take advantage" of an exploit and ruin their own game, that's their prerogative.

Also, to add to what FSM said, that's simply the added cost of getting a sprawling, non-linear action RPG on release. You want a completely bug-free game on release? Go play a 5-hour Activision FPS.

You do NOT release games knowing there are bugs, especially major game breaking bugs. If this is a memory leak, those are easy as fuck to track down and fix, I see them all the time. Hell I've stayed at work overnight trying to get shit fixed plenty of times... This should have been dealt with in crunch time / overtime hours which are normal even for little crappy phone app games. Just because someone paid for the game and decides to cheat doesn't mean it's only ruining their experience, it can ruin that of people who play legit as well.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
You do NOT release games knowing there are bugs.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:39 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
darkeningday wrote:

Nah man you're missing the point a bit. There really wasn't such a thing as "builds" in the traditional RPG sense, because the skills didn't affect gameplay much except to improve hacking or make the already-easy stealth even easier. The only directly combat-related stuff you could get (IIRC) was armor, the other crap being stupid kill moves or smartbombs or some dumb bells & whistles nonsense that I never ever used despite going full guns blazing. Your build basically didn't affect how you played at all, except to make some non-essential aspects somewhat easier. You could do every kind of run (guns-blazing, full-stealth, full-stealth+non-lethal) with essentially any build you cared to try, without noticing all that much difference. It might make hacking more annoying I guess, but again that usually just gives you some extra items now and then.

Compare this to, say, Alpha Protocol, where each tree gives access to all sorts of things that aren't at all effective otherwise - the "hacking" tree gives you access to all sorts of bombs and gadgets, for example. Granted AP is more of an RPG than HR is, but we're talking about ways HR could've been better, and AP definitely provides a good example of one way it could've been.

Oh, alright, I see what you're saying. Yeah, specialization didn't reap the rewards it probably should have for even an aRPG-lite, especially given that you could pretty much max everything even halfway useful out before the endgame area. Most of the skill tree was comprised of "make X easier/faster" rather than AP's approach, which basically made hacking impossible if you weren't putting points into it (something that untold numbers of whiners complained about; you can see why they didn't emulate it for DX:HR).

I do remember HR had three distinct difficulty settings that changed more than just the usual damage dealt/felt modifiers. I'm sure I played it on that setting, but I can't for the life of me remember if it necessitated specialization in order to complete the game.

On a similar note, running through Mass Effect 2/3 on Insanity without just one of the following: upgrading your gear, upgrading you and your squad's abilities to be able to handle each type of armor/enemy, as well as paying close attention to biotic/tech combos, would make the game impressively difficult. This is especially true in ME3, where enemies regularly charge with riot shields and flush you out with a seemingly unending supply of grenades. It still suffers from being all-around too simplistic, but it's not bad for a brainless, gorgeous action game.

Sick6Six wrote:
You do NOT release games knowing there are bugs, especially major game breaking bugs. If this is a memory leak, those are easy as fuck to track down and fix, I see them all the time. Hell I've stayed at work overnight trying to get shit fixed plenty of times... This should have been dealt with in crunch time / overtime hours which are normal even for little crappy phone app games. Just because someone paid for the game and decides to cheat doesn't mean it's only ruining their experience, it can ruin that of people who play legit as well.

I know you're a professional QA tester and probably know a helluva lot more about the certification process than me, but it's a well-known fact that big games and big bugs go hand-in-hand, even AAA full-priced titles. Did you know that Skyrim STILL has a severe memory leak on the PS3? Despite its utterly insane success and popularity, Bethesda still was unable to fully resolve the issue.

Not all mem leaks are created equal. There are other high-profile, well-regarded games that have unfixable memory leaks, and you simply just have to deal with it. Bloodborne's issue seems quite paltry in comparison; a minor annoyance that will no doubt be resolved quickly. Also, the notion that mem leaks are universally easy to fix is insane; it took about 4 years for the Community Patch Team to fully fix the titanic memory leaks in Gothic 3, and they were all professional developers who were paid for their work.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:08 pm 

Well those are some pretty gnarly memory leaks :) it's impossible to find all the bugs like they have in that binder in Grandma's Boy haha. I know I've found plenty of bugs in games like Skyrim and even those quick 5 hour FPSers. It's to be expected in such massive games, but I just can't see letting this kind of huge issue slide. I think Demons Souls still has an item duping bug, but Dark I and II didn't have any major issues like this that I'm aware of. I'm sure they borrowed a lot of the basics from the souls games as far as general functionality goes, it's basically the 4th game in the series, just kind of shocking they could have missed this. I'm more personally offended than anything, I've seen games with amazing legit players completely destroyed by hackers who just input a number and "beat" a record that took someone years to achieve. It just ruins the integrity of the game and before you know it even the best legit players are being called cheaters. Of course it's a much bigger deal when there's lots of money on the line, but that's a whole other story.

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:38 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Dragunov wrote:

Also:

Yeah someone clearly hasn't left central Yharnam yet... :lol:

Hey guys Dark Souls is nothing but hollow soldiers!

Eh, I haven't played the whole game yet. (I've finished Yarnham and spent quite a while exploring in the Frontier. I opened up Unseen by getting killed by one of those blood sack wielders, but haven't really done much there yet) So far, while it's clear that not all, or even a majority of the enemies are zombie peasants, they all just intangibly seem similar. Obviously this is a pretty weak argument about the actual content of the game, but it's just that, whether it's a pitchfork-wielding zombie or a brick-wielding giant or a sickle-wielding specter, the enemies just feel similar to me. Maybe it's just that they're all the same colour...

Also I agree about fuck that guy on the roof in Old Yarnham. When I first confronted him he immediately just rolled off the edge, so I feel like I was robbed of an intense duel...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:19 am 

Sick6Six wrote:
failsafeman wrote:

Uh what? Are you a game deve...

darkeningday wrote:
I know you're a professional QA tester

... and nope, he's not. Okay, we're done here.

hey wrote:
Sick6Six wrote:

:lol:

CardsOfWar wrote:
Eh, I haven't played the whole game yet. (I've finished Yarnham and spent quite a while exploring in the Frontier. I opened up Unseen by getting killed by one of those blood sack wielders, but haven't really done much there yet) So far, while it's clear that not all, or even a majority of the enemies are zombie peasants, they all just intangibly seem similar. Obviously this is a pretty weak argument about the actual content of the game, but it's just that, whether it's a pitchfork-wielding zombie or a brick-wielding giant or a sickle-wielding specter, the enemies just feel similar to me. Maybe it's just that they're all the same colour...

Uhh how can you say that if you visited Old Yharnam, Unseen Village and Nightmare Frontier? For one thing, it's asinine to put the brick-wielding giants in the same category as, say, the pitchfork guys to begin with, they have completely different attack patterns and HP bars. But Old Yharnam has zero humanoid enemies; it has the beasts that fear fire, the shrieking hooded creatures, the giant werewolves. Unseen Village has the sack-wielders that you mentioned (that, while humanoid, are definitely NOT like the "zombie peasants" whatsoever), the hunchbacks, the giant corrupted pigs. And Nightmare Frontier, holy shit,
nothing but Lovecraftian cosmic horrors there (other than the two hunters I guess); brutish white apes, shoggoth-like creatures, horrific singing brain things...

Not to mention all the horrifying monstrosities you haven't seen yet. But I guess if they walk on two legs they're just like the rest or something...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:11 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Uhh how can you say that if you visited Old Yharnam, Unseen Village and Nightmare Frontier? For one thing, it's asinine to put the brick-wielding giants in the same category as, say, the pitchfork guys to begin with, they have completely different attack patterns and HP bars. But Old Yharnam has zero humanoid enemies; it has the beasts that fear fire, the shrieking hooded creatures, the giant werewolves. Unseen Village has the sack-wielders that you mentioned (that, while humanoid, are definitely NOT like the "zombie peasants" whatsoever), the hunchbacks, the giant corrupted pigs. And Nightmare Frontier, holy shit,
nothing but Lovecraftian cosmic horrors there (other than the two hunters I guess); brutish white apes, shoggoth-like creatures, horrific singing brain things...

Not to mention all the horrifying monstrosities you haven't seen yet. But I guess if they walk on two legs they're just like the rest or something...

Your last comment is more or less close to accurately reflecting my opinion. I know they have different stats, attack patterns, and general game function, but they look vaguely similar. A lot more similar than the enemies in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. I can admit it's a very superficial way to look at things, but the way various enemies look semi-seriously changes the general 'feel' I get from them. (Not as much as their attack patterns, but certainly enough to be worth mentioning in any analysis of a videogame I attempt to make.)

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:41 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Uh what? Are you a game deve...

darkeningday wrote:
I know you're a professional QA tester

... and nope, he's not. Okay, we're done here.

Actually yes and yes

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:55 pm 

CardsOfWar wrote:
Your last comment is more or less close to accurately reflecting my opinion. I know they have different stats, attack patterns, and general game function, but they look vaguely similar.

No they don't.
Quote:
A lot more similar than the enemies in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls.

No, they're not. By your own logic, the black knights and manserpents are similar to the hollow soldiers, the miners in Stonefang and Latrian guards are similar to the 1-1 dreglings, etc. Complete bollocks.

Quote:
I can admit it's a very superficial way to look at things, but the way various enemies look semi-seriously changes the general 'feel' I get from them. (Not as much as their attack patterns, but certainly enough to be worth mentioning in any analysis of a videogame I attempt to make.)

"Analysis"? That's not an analysis of anything, that's just you being a dumbass. "Some of them walk on two legs, therefore they're similar". Please.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:57 pm 

Deus Ex CG trailer:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:41 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me :lol:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:49 pm 

He also works for a company that makes gambling/casino games. No known bugs at launch? Yeah fucking right.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:08 pm 

Yeah those slot machine bugs that award you millions of dollars are totally fine. You guys are right about everything, I will go back to lurking the black metal threads which I also know nothing about. At least the people there are somewhat nice and respectful.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:15 pm 

:panda:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:23 pm 

Ah, yes, because bugs are never found in gambling software:
Quote:
The bug survived like a cockroach for the next seven years. It passed into new revisions, one after another, ultimately infecting 99 different programs installed in thousands of IGT machines around the world.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm 

Doesn't sound like it was known at launch though.
Quote:
As far as anyone knows, it went completely undetected until late April 2009
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:55 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Yeah those slot machine bugs that award you millions of dollars are totally fine. You guys are right about everything, I will go back to lurking the black metal threads which I also know nothing about. At least the people there are somewhat nice and respectful.

Nice and respectful:
Sick6Six wrote:

Sick6Six wrote:
That "memory leak" bug that many people will no doubt use to their brainless advantage is unbelievable. What really boggles my mind is how this made it all the way into the final game. Stress testing is one of like the most important (and easy) fucking things you can do when developing a game. You leave it running for DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS until a fucking power outage. There's no way in hell they didn't leave it on overnight multiple hundreds of times, probably with scripts playing the game automatically until morning, and others just sitting idle. How could they not notice braindead enemies? Even if it's patched it's too late, people can just delete patch and or play offline. GG now every scrub will be a "pro"

Well, okay then!

And yes, working as QA tester for casino games = knowing all about the dev, marketing and testing cycles and scope of AAA and retail PS4 games. Of course. :lol: Are you fucking kidding me.

Honestly, I don't think that bug was even known at launch, because it started appearing after the PS4's suspend/resume feature was integreated. 'Cause let's face it, most people do NOT leave their PS4 running for 12+ hours straight, and From probably didn't take the at-the-time-unreleased PS4 feature into account when developing the game (which started in 2012 IIRC, or at around the same time as Artorias of the Abyss DLC).

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:53 pm 

So I talked about this before but I don't know if I posted the trailer... it looks cool :)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:24 pm 

TRANSFERRING BLOODBORNE HYPE INTO DEUS EX

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 pm 

When I said that's BS it wasn't really an attack against FSM. I said in a post above that it's impossible to find all the bugs like in the grandma's boy binder (in any game or software) Sometimes minor stuff can be let go and patched, major stuff like this would never purposely be released. The bug does not need sleep mode to active, just leave the game on the title screen for 12-15 hours with sleep mode disabled and it still happens. You are right it could be related to the actual system and not the game, but still gotta account for the hardware you're using. I know plenty about AAA game development, but I'm not going into it anymore.

I wasn't trying to derail the whole thread into a massive douchebag festival, I was just simply stating my disbelief in this bug's existence. Read my first post about the bug, it was directed at absolutely nobody and there was nothing there that said "hey everybody be an asshole to me" I was trying to have positive conversation about the game as we were all playing it, comparing stats, talking about good weapons and the dungeons. Mostly ignored until I apparently offended everybody.

BTW That poker bug was kind of a big deal, you have no idea how crazy the regulations are for those games. If a company knowingly let that bug slide they would be completely fucked. It's just a little bit worse than having eternal shame and guilt for cheating in Bloodborne.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:09 pm 

Discussions in this thread and especially regarding certain "favored child" developers are regularly taken deeply personally, where a criticism or a jab or a snide comment about them or one of their products is seen as not only unreasonable in the "greater scheme of things" but often as some sort of personal attack towards anyone who happens to enjoy their games. I find it rather amusing that someone can write for ten pages lauding a particular game, and yet one simple sentence of criticism about it is literally the only thing people clamp on to. The most easily distinguished example of this is Caroline Petit's 9/10 review of GTA5, but you'll see it everywhere.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 pm 

You are right and they are my favorite developer right now as well. Come on, given their reputation of making hard games (by today's infinite lives standard) do you really think they would just let an ultra easy brain dead mode go? I was venting my frustration because I was personally offended too. Thanks for telling everyone exactly where I work too, real nice.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:31 pm 

Everyone shut up and watch the Deus Ex trailer. :tongue:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 681, 682, 683, 684, 685, 686, 687 ... 940  Next