Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:34 pm 

So I've heard a lot about Babymetal. I finally decided to actually listen to them so I listened to the first song in that article.

This is some godawful bullshit.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:09 am 

That article reeks of braindead apologism and "you shouldn't be so close minded, maaaaaaan". Fuck that.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 am 

The only Babymetal song I know is "Megitsune", and its awesome. Y'all can suck a fuck. (Okay, the one in the article is kinda crap.)
Hehe, foreskins.

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:45 am 

This is not even metal, they could at least defend some shitty tech-death for being edgy or whatever. Oh, so there's heavy drumming and distorted guitars playing loud in the background, fucking metal! And I mean, I don't usually care about the genre a band belongs to but this just doesn't make any sense. And when you read some of their other articles, you know they are pretty serious about this even with the evident ''we're taking a piss'' stance.

And why do I even care? Maybe I'm getting old or this article is really offensive somehow.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:45 am 

Crick wrote:
The only Babymetal song I know is "Megitsune", and its awesome. Y'all can suck a fuck. (Okay, the one in the article is kinda crap.)

I bet you only like Babymetal 'cause they're from Japan ;)

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:47 am 

Crick wrote:

Don't forget "Death", "Headbanger", and "Akatsuki".

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:53 am 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
Crick wrote:

I bet you only like Babymetal 'cause they're from Japan ;)

I like "Megitsune" because it has a catchy chorus with a nice rhythm section.
Hehe, foreskins.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:53 am 

:getout: Japan should be known for Ningen-Isu and not shit like fucking Babymetal which is basically the Spice Girls with less personality and a nu metal inane musical background!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 am 

Eh, the only full on nu metal song on the Babymetal album is "Onedari Daisakusen". That song may just be the most nu metal song that ever nu metal'd. Everything else that I've heard has been this utterly bizarre mix of melodic death metal, anime credits sequence power metal, and idol J-pop.

Last edited by Subrick on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:56 am 

The last couple of times I was in #metal there was plenty of discussion but no Nightgaunt...not even a "yes."

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:58 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Japan should be known for Ningen-Isu and not shit like fucking Babymetal which is basically the Spice Girls with less personality and a nu metal inane musical background!
Spoiler: show

Really Tony? Of all the songs, you pick the one that's basically "Paint It Black"?

EDIT: Tony edited his post to include cooler songs. <3
Hehe, foreskins.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:45 am 

Haha, so I was scrolling through the posts and I was gonna say that BabyMetal are touring with Lady Gaga. And since we all know that Crick loves Gaga (yeah?), I was gonna insinuate that he'd like Babymetal too. It's basically j-pop + nu metal. But if it helps a pop fan discover heavier/better music through Babymetal, then it's okay I suppose.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:46 am 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Okay, Metalsucks really sucks, they sure think that metal sucks at least. This have penned this marvel of an article.... http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/07/18/twelve-reasons-babymetal-best-thing-happen-metal-decade/

seriously, is this what passes for satire these days? that's some fucking TERRIBLY written stuff. metalsucks needs editorial staff.

(i still haven't heard babymetal - i know what to expect, and i don't need that shit in my life)

Crick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 am 

shouvince wrote:
Haha, so I was scrolling through the posts and I was gonna say that BabyMetal are touring with Lady Gaga. And since we all know that Crick loves Gaga (yeah?), I was gonna insinuate that he'd like Babymetal too. It's basically j-pop + nu metal. But if it helps a pop fan discover heavier/better music through Babymetal, then it's okay I suppose.

I don't much care for any Lady Gaga past her debut and Fame Monster EP. Her hooks haven't been particularly great since.
Hehe, foreskins.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Yes ma'am 'tab!

Come to #metal where discussion happens!
21:09 <failsafeman> no
21:09 <Nightgaunt> Yes.
21:09 <failsafeman> no.
21:09 <Nightgaunt> Yes.

It's great how Nightgaunt's use of capitalisation and punctuation gives his rebuttals more weight.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:10 am 

Crick wrote:
I don't much care for any Lady Gaga past her debut and Fame Monster EP. Her hooks haven't been particularly great since.

Born This Way kinda tanked it. It's like she believed that no matter what odd shit she put out, her fanbase would simply eat it up.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Clowndoe
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:59 am 

Turner wrote:
(i still haven't heard babymetal - i know what to expect, and i don't need that shit in my life)

Just click play and listen to 30 seconds you coward, it's not going to kill you to get a reason to actually dislike it. Having said that, that article was satire right? Because he is qualifying as "complex" something that didn't use more than two chords per "riff" in the songs I heard.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:46 am 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
Crick wrote:

Born This Way kinda tanked it. It's like she believed that no matter what odd shit she put out, her fanbase would simply eat it up.

She tried to become a "voice" for a movement that while accepting her, wasn't the biggest fan of her preachy nature. That being said, her debut and Fame Monster are icnredibly well composed pop songs. Born this Way and ArtPop are just meh.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 am 

Derigin just left, and probably already enjoys a ride down the runway on the Helsinki airport at this very moment. Much fun was had, and the amount of empty beer cans in the house is sufficient to build an F-16.

Now, I need to find someone to discuss important things, such as the reasons for the Nazi war criminals escaping to Argentina of all places, the pros and cons of digital effects, Russian internet legislation, Rosie Cotton, microbreweries, data center cooling solutions, astronomy, Canadian politics, inbreeding of European royalty since 1200, Chinese military, game theory, code breaking, future of the Korean peninsula, the actually neglible contribution of hardcore on thrash metal's origins despite popular opinions to the contrary, the differences between Finnish and Canadian comedy, MA policies, mammary glands, metal festivals, price of cheese and the reasons for it, the cities he wishes to burn, early death metal, deforestation, international driver's licences, West Nile virus, cosmology, human origins, Rosie Cotton's mammary glands, historical signifigance and heraldy of beer can labels, bunkers and railroad guns, demolished water towers, translations for the names forest berries, Finnish grammar, UNESCO world heritage sites, shoes, my beer gut, the idiocy and dishonesty of climate change skeptics, the historical proof for the existence of Jesus, drug policies, and a massive number of different other topics, some even on the fundamentally serious level.

What a fine young man!

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:26 am 

Metalheads, consider the fact that you are talking about babymetal. Think on that.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 pm 

Napero wrote:
Now, I need to find someone to discuss important things, such as the reasons for the Nazi war criminals escaping to Argentina of all places, the pros and cons of digital effects, Russian internet legislation, Rosie Cotton, microbreweries, data center cooling solutions, astronomy, Canadian politics, inbreeding of European royalty since 1200, Chinese military, game theory, code breaking, future of the Korean peninsula, the actually neglible contribution of hardcore on thrash metal's origins despite popular opinions to the contrary, the differences between Finnish and Canadian comedy, MA policies, mammary glands, metal festivals, price of cheese and the reasons for it, the cities he wishes to burn, early death metal, deforestation, international driver's licences, West Nile virus, cosmology, human origins, Rosie Cotton's mammary glands, historical signifigance and heraldy of beer can labels, bunkers and railroad guns, demolished water towers, translations for the names forest berries, Finnish grammar, UNESCO world heritage sites, shoes, my beer gut, the idiocy and dishonesty of climate change skeptics, the historical proof for the existence of Jesus, drug policies, and a massive number of different other topics, some even on the fundamentally serious level.

No mushroom searching - and cooking, wood-carving with a chainsaw or the benefits of jumping in a frozen lake after a sauna session?
Shame on you, Derigin...
(But you'll be forgiven considering your vast knowledge on some above-mentioned glands) :-P
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:14 pm 

No mushroom hunting, but cooking and eating them, sure. I fed him my remaining false morels. Chainsaws were not on the menu, and we have no frozen lakes due to the current Napero-melting heat wave, but I tried to simulate it by telling him to try the coldest possible setting (~7C) on the shower after a proper roasting.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:26 pm 

I Shalt Become's Poison is on another level.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:38 pm 

Operation Protective Edge is looking like it will be messier than Operation Cast Lead. Reports are that Hamas is fighting a Hezbollah-esque unconventional ground war below the more conventional rocket attacks. They are much better prepared than the last two times, in other words.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:47 pm 

Time for BastardHead to start punching people for getting that Iron Maiden setlist thread locked.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:51 pm 

Eh, I should have known better. People can't follow directions, shit happens.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
Operation Protective Edge is looking like it will be messier than Operation Cast Lead. Reports are that Hamas is fighting a Hezbollah-esque unconventional ground war below the more conventional rocket attacks. They are much better prepared than the last two times, in other words.
Indeed. They sure were productive with their aid money, no questions about that.

Speaking of the subject though - I find it kinda weird that Protective Edge didn't spawn its own topic like the conflicts in Ukraine and Iraq did. Is there an unspoken agreement to not speak about it due to the subject's high combustive potential, or is it just that you folks are fed up to your gills with it?
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:45 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Eh, I should have known better. People can't follow directions, shit happens.

Looks like you have a lot of people to punch.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Metalheads, consider the fact that you are talking about babymetal. Think on that.

But they're just so Kawaii. How can we not talk about them.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:48 am 

I'm looking for a new touch screen laptop since my old laptop finally crapped out on me a couple weeks ago. I have some pretty specific specs I'm looking for, so I'll list them out. But I thought I'd post here to see what people recommend and where people recommend to look. Anyway, here are the specs I'd prefer:

Intel core i7 processor
Geforce graphics card
15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 Widescreen (But will consider a 17 inch)
8-12 GB of RAM
500GB-1TB HD
Windows 8.1

The main key is that I'd like it to be touch screen though. And I'd prefer a price of under $1,000. Now I know with those specs that makes it a bit difficult, but I've looked around some already and it doesn't seem out of reach, especially if I am a bit flexible on certain specs. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or knows a good place to look online, please let me know. Thanks.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:17 am 

$1099 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834231684
$999 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834231115

Laptops on Newegg that fits your criteria - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... ted%20Card

I'd suggest an i5 instead of an i7 if you're not doing any heavy processing for videos and music. Looks like companies don't give you much of a choice though, it's either i7+dedicated graphics card or i5+integrated graphics card. The need for a touch screen also limits your options.

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:21 am 

Adriankat wrote:
$1099 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834231684
$999 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834231115

Laptops on Newegg that fits your criteria - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... ted%20Card

I'd suggest an i5 instead of an i7 if you're not doing any heavy processing for videos and music. Looks like companies don't give you much of a choice though, it's either i7+dedicated graphics card or i5+integrated graphics card. The need for a touch screen also limits your options.

Thanks for the quick response dude. I'll check them out. :headbang:

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 am 

Clowndoe wrote:
Turner wrote:

Just click play and listen to 30 seconds you coward, it's not going to kill you to get a reason to actually dislike it. Having said that, that article was satire right? Because he is qualifying as "complex" something that didn't use more than two chords per "riff" in the songs I heard.

lol, no i'm not going to listen to 30 seconds of it. and i guess it's supposed to be satire, but the dude's angle wavers too much. it reeked of inconsistency the entire way through, like he couldn't decide whether he was going to pretend to be a weeaboo, a prog fan trying to convince us that it had musical merit, or just a web 1.0-style troll. the mix of all three didn't work. i'm all for satire, but you gotta do it right.... and metalsucks, based on what little i've read, NEVER does it right.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:57 am 

Napero wrote:
Derigin just left, and probably already enjoys a ride down the runway on the Helsinki airport at this very moment. Much fun was had, and the amount of empty beer cans in the house is sufficient to build an F-16.

What a fine young man!

Hehe. I expect there'll continue to be more such discussions into the future... especially of the mammary kind.

Looking forward to returning sooner than later.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 am 

So my laptop got stolen and now I'm starting all over on music, just importing the CDs I've collected over the years one by one really. Kinda sucks to have to rebuild it all but that's the beauty of our age - it can be done.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 am 

Empyreal wrote:
So my laptop got stolen and now I'm starting all over on music, just importing the CDs I've collected over the years one by one really. Kinda sucks to have to rebuild it all but that's the beauty of our age - it can be done.

Stolen laptops! I had a new laptop for about four weeks, went to England, it got stolen. Bought a new one, went to China, it got stolen. Bought a new one, left China, started getting random white screen freezes, turned out Dell wouldn't cover the 'worldwide' warranty because it was bought in China, ended up buying a crappy clunky Toshiba because I'd had enough, no one's stolen it yet but man it sucks lugging it around to uni and what-not because it's heavy. Where'd your laptop get stolen if you don't mind me asking? Like the intelligent woman who hates liars, I hate thieves. And mosquitoes. Such is my unique character.

Heat wave today in Sweden. If I didn't wear boxers I'd stick ice cubes in my pants as a ball-soother to maintain my regular sperm count.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:58 am 

yentass wrote:
Earthcubed wrote:
Indeed. They sure were productive with their aid money, no questions about that.

Speaking of the subject though - I find it kinda weird that Protective Edge didn't spawn its own topic like the conflicts in Ukraine and Iraq did. Is there an unspoken agreement to not speak about it due to the subject's high combustive potential, or is it just that you folks are fed up to your gills with it?

I don't think there is, I just think a lot of the Westerners here are preoccupied with other geopolitical disasters. That and the ground operation is relatively recent.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:30 am 

waiguoren wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Stolen laptops! I had a new laptop for about four weeks, went to England, it got stolen. Bought a new one, went to China, it got stolen. Bought a new one, left China, started getting random white screen freezes, turned out Dell wouldn't cover the 'worldwide' warranty because it was bought in China, ended up buying a crappy clunky Toshiba because I'd had enough, no one's stolen it yet but man it sucks lugging it around to uni and what-not because it's heavy. Where'd your laptop get stolen if you don't mind me asking? Like the intelligent woman who hates liars, I hate thieves. And mosquitoes. Such is my unique character.

Heat wave today in Sweden. If I didn't wear boxers I'd stick ice cubes in my pants as a ball-soother to maintain my regular sperm count.

Dell isn't that good anyway from my experience. My old desktop computer had a lot of Dell parts that were constantly breaking down and malfunctioning.

I accidentally left it in a parking lot and then came back and it was gone. Not going to absolve myself of blame in that; I actually feel very stupid about it. Worst part is I lost a lot of fiction projects I'd recently started that I'll now have to start over from scratch. Eh, could be worse honestly, much of the stuff I also wanted is saved elsewhere.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am 

I've heard from computer-savvy folk that Samsung and Asus make the best laptops, and I can attest to the latter being quite reliable.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm 

I'm a big fan of Asus.

Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm...anyone remember this album? I decided to put it on today at work. I don't reach for it much because of the length but it really is a peach of a recording. Astral Projection Death Metal.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 694  Next