Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
T51b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:19 pm 

DeathByTheSword wrote:
Uhmm T5ib I would assume you like Fallout 3...
yet again I could be stupidly wrong!

Fallout in general to be exact, I have been a fan of the series for many years.

F1&2 will always be my favorites but 3 was not a bad game by any means. I would say it is tied with Tactics for me (and yes I actually enjoyed Tactics :P)

DeathByTheSword
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:30 pm 

T51b wrote:
DeathByTheSword wrote:
Uhmm T5ib I would assume you like Fallout 3...
yet again I could be stupidly wrong!

Fallout in general to be exact, I have been a fan of the series for many years.

F1&2 will always be my favorites but 3 was not a bad game by any means. I would say it is tied with Tactics for me (and yes I actually enjoyed Tactics :P)

Myself I've only been introduced to Fallout when I bought the third one in January..and I must say that I've been missing out! It completely blew me away! Definately my favourite game so far for the 360 (though I only have 3 games for it....)

T51b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:34 am 

Just beat Killzone 2 on normal. I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed the solo campaign of an FPS so much.
The pace is frantic with the action almost never slowing down and the atmosphere/environment is nothing short of epic. There are some pretty amazing moments/scenes in the game but I will not go into that due to spoilers.
You really feel part of an invasion and not just a super soldier running around mowing down legions of bad guys.

Running and gunning is not something you want to do a lot of in this game either. I played on on normal and the few times I got a bit cocky I was quickly humbled by the Helghast.

The cover system is definitely the way to go and honestly I never got tired of it. For those not aware how it works you attach yourself to cover by holding L2 and then push the stick either up or to the side and it makes you stick out of cover where you can hip fire or aim and fire. When you want to return to cover you just let go of the stick and you pop back behind where you can reload and so on.

There is a great feeling of immersion to be behind cover with 7 of your guys and have a dozen or so Helghast behind cover across the map and having a big firefight.

The only downside to the game I have found is that there is the controls take some getting used to. Especially if you are familiar with games like CoD4,Halo 3,Resistance 2,etc.
Your character has a lot of "weight" onto him. Your not just a free floating gun and you can sorta feel what is behind your weapon. Your head bobs when you jump and you cannot bunny hop in circles around the map strafing like a madman.

It gives you a bit of a sluggish feel and discourages the run and gun type attitude. In fact, your teammates will actually scold you if you get reckless and start running face first into enemies. As I said before the cover system is there for a reason.

Overall I will have to say it is a wonderful game and anyone who owns a PS3 and is a fan of FPS games should pick it up ASAP. For the rest who do not own a PS3 yet, hopefully Sony will announce a price drop soon and some of you can take the plunge.

I will post my opinions on multi-player once I check that out tomorrow.

Chaos_Llama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:39 am 

I might coax my brother into getting it. I'm not really a fan of console shooters, but hell, if I don't have to pay for it, I'll give it a shot

T51b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:52 am 

Chaos_Llama wrote:
I might coax my brother into getting it. I'm not really a fan of console shooters, but hell, if I don't have to pay for it, I'll give it a shot

It is worth a play for sure, the enemy AI is awesome. They flank,barrel roll,blind fire,cook grenades,sneak up on you,etc. The Riflemen will stay behind cover and keep you pinned down while these crazy sub-machinegun guys will charge right up behind your cover. It is pretty intense.

Chaos_Llama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:55 am 

T51b wrote:
Chaos_Llama wrote:

It is worth a play for sure, the enemy AI is awesome. They flank,barrel roll,blind fire,cook grenades,sneak up on you,etc. The Riflemen will stay behind cover and keep you pinned down while these crazy sub-machinegun guys will charge right up behind your cover. It is pretty intense.

Sounds like it'll be easy to get my him to buy it, then. He loved the first Resistance and played the shit out of both games even though he didn't like the second one very much. Looks like I'll have something to play over spring break

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:45 am 

rexxz wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:
Quote:
- Dark Messiah of M&M: Elements

That game sucks. Why?

1.) No way to invert the right thumbpad
2.) Ubisoft
3.) No 00's M&M game is good.

1.) Play the PC version. 2 and 3 are non-points.

I wasn't too sure I could run the PC version and I heard the Xbox version was basically the same. I'll look into it.

it's not top priority anyway, cause I noticed another shipment of games yesterday where I work and I noticed Halo Wars hehe

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

Goatboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:47 pm 

Just beat Killzone 2. The gameplay is as good as it looks and there were parts that literally left my knuckles white. Unfortunately, the campaign is too short, the story is non-existant, and the dialogue is cringe worthy (even worse than Gears of War dialogue).

aChapo
Token Jew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:56 pm 

I just played the Killzone 2 demo and it was AMAZING. Incredible graphics along with the pace and the gameplay. Definitely on my list.

Has anyone ever played Afro Samurai? I played the demo and it pretty damn cool.

T51b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:57 pm 

Goatboy wrote:
Just beat Killzone 2. The gameplay is as good as it looks and there were parts that literally left my knuckles white. Unfortunately, the campaign is too short, the story is non-existant, and the dialogue is cringe worthy (even worse than Gears of War dialogue).

I loved the campaign story. It should be noted I am well versed in the Killzone 2 world (it has a very deep backstory that is not even touched upon in the games). There is a timeline on the Killzone website that is an easy 30 min read if your interested.

I would say its safe to say by the ending there is going to be a KZ3. The ending of the Radec fight was awesome. :lol:

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:09 am 

I'm trying to play Daggerfall on Vista (and XP) but fucking DosBox won't work. What should I do? Install Windows 98? :uh oh:

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:15 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC-QBh8TH-4

This is both the most unfitting AND most obnoxious, shitty fucking song I have heard in a commercial.

What horrible crime against Street Fighter IS this?
Hehe, foreskins.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:15 am 

Wet Pussy wrote:
I'm trying to play Daggerfall on Vista (and XP) but fucking DosBox won't work. What should I do? Install Windows 98? :uh oh:

Try compatibility mode?

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:22 am 

BardInTheForest wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:

Try compatibility mode?

:???:

Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to running old games on new pc's.

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:24 am 

Wet Pussy wrote:
BardInTheForest wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:

Try compatibility mode?

:???:

Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to running old games on new pc's.

Just right click the .exe or shortcut, click properties and it'll have an option for "compatibility." Then select the OS you want. It doesn't always work very well though.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 am 

Well, I'll have to torrent Daggerfall again since I deleted it and emptied Bill Gates without thinking. Oh well.

I tried running QBasic on DosBox and the colors were extremely wierd. I hope Daggerfall doesn't have the same problem.

FragKrag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:36 am 

So I dl'd a few emulators and got Roms for all of my favorite games.

SNES:
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Chronotrigger
Super Mario World

NES:
Megaman 2

Gameboy:
Pokemon Red/Yellow
Pokemon Gold/Crystal

Yes, I own the consoles and the games, but anybody want to give me some suggestions on what else? I feel like I'm missing too many games. :(

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:22 pm 

Man, I'm re-playing Riven after many years, and I've forgotten how fucking difficult games can be, without resorting to cheap tactics or pixel-hunting...the fucking passageways hidden behind the open doors piss me off so much, it's not something a sane person would ever think of!

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:43 pm 

Crick wrote:

This is both the most unfitting AND most obnoxious, shitty fucking song I have heard in a commercial.

The menu song is even worse. It's J-Pop shit.

Chaos_Llama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Crick wrote:

In-de-structible!

aChapo
Token Jew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:31 pm 

Does anyone know of any good games that use cell shading? I am in love with the style of Afro Samurai, but it got SO many bad reviews.

Chaos_Llama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:35 pm 

aChapo wrote:
Does anyone know of any good games that use cell shading? I am in love with the style of Afro Samurai, but it got SO many bad reviews.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was done in a cel-shaded style, and many fans hated it (the art style). I enjoyed it, though.

T51b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:28 pm 

Rawr!

Last edited by T51b on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:35 pm 

meow

I should post my BF2 stats, I was a god at that game.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

FragKrag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:02 pm 

aChapo wrote:

Okami for the PS2 used Cel-shading. I'm not a big fan of the gameplay though.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Crick wrote:

No J-Pop can suck as hard as north american shitty alternative "heavy" filth.
Hehe, foreskins.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:11 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Crick wrote:

Go cry me a river.

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:15 pm 

A link would be awesome so we can all compare.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekAIelXtIis

I don't want to hear that shit when I want to kick some ass.

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 pm 

That is sickening. Game music has really gone down hill in terms of the ratio between good and bad.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:21 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekAIelXtIis

I don't want to hear that shit when I want to kick some ass.

It's amazing listening to Westerners being ignorantly Western. Hilarious.

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:27 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
It's amazing listening to Westerners being ignorantly Western. Hilarious.

Just because people from the "west" prefer western things while people in the "east" prefer eastern things?

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 am 

I honestly wouldn't have minded if it was eurobeat like Dusty or Overload, but that menu song is just terrible.

Chaos_Llama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:10 am 

Adriankat wrote:
I honestly wouldn't have minded if it was eurobeat like Dusty or Overload, but that menu song is just terrible.

It'll grow on you I guess, at first I was like "wtf is this shit" but it started getting stuck in my head and I found myself humming it. Maybe it just wore me down through repetition, but it's not that terrible.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:01 am 

I started replaying GTA:SA in the beginning of February, and was 60+ hours in and 82% done the game, and then I accidentally saved over it with a game I had been playing for 30 minutes... needless to say I was pretty pissed, but I am taking it as an opportunity to do some stuff differently this time around, such as getting more of the side-quests done before I finish the storyline and all that. Working on the firetruck missions right now, on try #3, and I forgot how much I hate the car missions, save for Taxis (easy as pie). Ambulance, Firefighter, Pimping and Vigilante missions suck.

Plus, having to respray ALL those tags is not gonna be fucking fun, at all.

----------------
Now playing: Jesu - Sun Down

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 am 

Nyaricus wrote:
I started replaying GTA:SA

Yeah that games pretty grueling on time. I remember tagging everything, finding all the secrets, getting all the weapons I could, and all the turf only to have the plot twist fuck me over. That was already like 20+ hours right there gone down the drain. Still a fun game though. I'm playing GTA 4 trying to get all the achievments, but I already screwed myself over because I activated LIVE halfway through the game, thus missing out the beginning achievements and killing off characters essential to the 100%.

Fuckballs. Sadly though, I reinstalled GTA III on my PC and I just can't play it. It's so bad when compared to the gameplay improvements of the latter GTAs. I got to Salvatore's missions and I just couldn't get myself to play anymore of it. It's just so shitty, yet it was my first PS2 game and I loved it for years.

DAMN YOU NYARICUS
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

FragKrag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 am 

omg contra III T_T

trying to beat the first level on hard is too hard :/

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:11 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Nyaricus wrote:
I started replaying GTA:SA

Yeah that games pretty grueling on time. I remember tagging everything, finding all the secrets, getting all the weapons I could, and all the turf only to have the plot twist fuck me over. That was already like 20+ hours right there gone down the drain. Still a fun game though. I'm playing GTA 4 trying to get all the achievments, but I already screwed myself over because I activated LIVE halfway through the game, thus missing out the beginning achievements and killing off characters essential to the 100%.

Fuckballs. Sadly though, I reinstalled GTA III on my PC and I just can't play it. It's so bad when compared to the gameplay improvements of the latter GTAs. I got to Salvatore's missions and I just couldn't get myself to play anymore of it. It's just so shitty, yet it was my first PS2 game and I loved it for years.

DAMN YOU NYARICUS

:lol:

Yeah, if you didn't know about that plot twist, it DEFINITELY sucks the hard one. I know it pissed me off the first time not because I had gone around and gotten all the territories, but because I had a ridiculous arsenal of weapons I had gathered. This new game is my third shot at it, and while I look forward to getting 100%, it's definitely a time drain.

I actually lost my copy of GTA3 recently for my PS2 (as in don't know how and don't know where), but I do have it for PC. I am considering reloading it, but I like playing the console better because I have a comfy chair :P That was my introduction to the GTA universe, and I started playing it in 2000 when I was in grade 6. Still remember listening to 'The Heretic Anthem' by Slipknot and going on killing sprees in Hummers (well, "Patriots") with four stars with my buddy at the time for HOURS on end :lol: on man, those were the days.

Sadly, I own GTA4, but not a PS3. I was playing it at a buddies house, but I haven't been over there in a couple months. Oh well, it seemed like an awesome game, anyways :lol:

----------------
Now playing: Jesu - Tired of Me

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:05 am 

FragKrag wrote:
So I dl'd a few emulators and got Roms for all of my favorite games.

SNES:
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Chronotrigger
Super Mario World

NES:
Megaman 2

Gameboy:
Pokemon Red/Yellow
Pokemon Gold/Crystal

Yes, I own the consoles and the games, but anybody want to give me some suggestions on what else? I feel like I'm missing too many games. :(

Illusions of Gaia for the SNES. A truly underrated game in my opinion, with a pretty good storyline. The gameplay is very much like Zelda, except less puzzle solving and more kicking ass. I might come back with more suggestions.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 am 

LoZ shits all over Illusion of Gaia. IoG is a decent game, but really nothing that great (good storyline? come on now).

So we finally beat Gears of War 2 on Insane. Pretty though and I lost count on how many times we tried to beat Skorge... only, that was pretty lame because we often lost some chainsaw duels because we were tapping too fast on the button. The whole point is to rapidly tap the B button, but apparently, if you really go too fast at it, the game doesn't register all the button taps, so you have to go only "moderately fast"... presumably so that people don't cheat using turbo controllers, but that's still pretty gay. When we realized that, it took very little time finally beating him. :brick:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 940  Next