Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:06 am 

Since I have nothing better to do, with my dad borrowing my cables for his new bass and all, I'm using a couple of old candles that have no wick but plenty of wax, and I'm breaking them up into a coke can, which I will then set in a pot of boiling water to melt the wax without burning it hopefully. The end goal is to put a very small roll of paper in the middle of the molten wax when I take it off of heat and create a brand new candle with reused wax and a roll of boredom manifested in paper.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:11 am 

Poisonfume wrote:
Apparently, Black MIDI is a thing...

http://www.aux.tv/2014/01/black-midi-so ... eupon&rQZb

Pff, those hipsters are far behind the times. I see your black midi and raise you Conlon Nancarrow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MngjZJ8loME
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:50 am 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
:lol: both actually. I'm watching the series on Netflix and just finished season six and started season seven last night.
Or maybe it was 7&8 I don't remember how many seasons there are. Either way Mulder was abducted and I'm in the next season.

8 Is way better than 7 in my opinion. Less meandering and more straightforward. Let me know what you think of it.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:12 am 

Yeah there has been a lot of just fillers episodes in the last few seasons. It was basically plotline for the first three or four and last one or two episodes and all filler between. At least they had some really good ones though, for instance X-Cops was one of my favorite episodes they've had in the series.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:00 am 

I actually did catch a bit of the USAmerican football game on Sunday. Was going to rehearse some music but realised we needed to get a bite to eat first. Checked out a sports bar near the studio. It was nearly empty and sad/joyless overall, and that's kind of how the game seemed, too. My buddy was more interested in the womens' curling that was on another TV. We asked for a pitcher, but the first two beers we requested were apparently nothing more than empty kegs. Asked for a pizza. They didn't have any pepperoni left. When we finally got one (with chicken) it became apparent that they didn't actually know how to make a pizza, since they covered it in cheddar, which melted extremely fast, naturally.

Fortunately the jam afterwards was very satisfying. :P
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:38 am 

The UAE now requires women to breastfeed by law, or else their husbands can sue them. Yay to being a woman in this world... :/

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:47 am 

As long as the boob is wearing a burqa. Wouldn't want these babies to grow up as sex fiends.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 pm 

I wonder what kind of sentence they would give a woman if found guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if it involves cutting off a body part.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:07 pm 

Well you can't blame them, can you? I mean one time I walked into a museum, saw a Michelangelo painting, stared at it for two minutes before tearing it down and fucking the shit out of it. That is truly the full power of the titty.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Well you can't blame them, can you? I mean one time I walked into a museum, saw a Michelangelo painting, stared at it for two minutes before tearing it down and fucking the shit out of it. That is truly the full power of the titty.

But don't fuck a Picasso, that would make you a weirdo.

last.fm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:37 pm 

Rattus wrote:
The UAE now requires women to breastfeed by law, or else their husbands can sue them. Yay to being a woman in this world... :/

No way! We only sell our German tanks to countries that meet the highest human rights criteria!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:43 pm 

Rattus wrote:

Sheikh Zayed would be turning in his grave. I certainly didn't expect this from UAE, a relatively more progressive arab nation. They'll probably amend it because while promoting mothers to breastfeed is understandable but making non-adherance to it punishable by law is a clear wtf decision and they will definitely get a lot of heat globally for this.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:36 pm 

VariedTastes wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
if you have nothing else in your life... then I guess you can enjoy it. There is far more interesting things that attract my attention. A game that I'm not participating in isn't one of them.

Chill, bro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

Chill bro, it's an opinion.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:58 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Rattus wrote:

No way! We only sell our German tanks to countries that meet the highest human rights criteria!

You also sold your tanks to Indonesia because we didn't want to because of human rights reasons. We were concerned Indonesia would use the tanks to slaughter their own people, luckily for Germany you don't give a fuck.

last.fm

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:25 pm 

So just learned that one of my best friends from childhood and early teen years has been in jail for a while. I'm not even sure if he's 20 yet. Feels weird, I stopped hanging out with him because of the criminal shit he was getting into, though I didn't quite see it ending up this badly. Guess I'm happy I didn't go down that path, could have easily happened. Didn't really have my head straight in those years and all I cared about was getting high (same with the people I hung out with, though they were into heavier shit a lot of the time).

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 pm 

Ohrwurm wrote:
You also sold your tanks to Indonesia because we didn't want to because of human rights reasons. We were concerned Indonesia would use the tanks to slaughter their own people, luckily for Germany you don't give a fuck.

Hey, only prostitutes can make money giving fucks.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:19 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
So just learned that one of my best friends from childhood and early teen years has been in jail for a while. I'm not even sure if he's 20 yet. Feels weird, I stopped hanging out with him because of the criminal shit he was getting into, though I didn't quite see it ending up this badly. Guess I'm happy I didn't go down that path, could have easily happened. Didn't really have my head straight in those years and all I cared about was getting high (same with the people I hung out with, though they were into heavier shit a lot of the time).

Did they learn anything or do you plan to stay out of contact?

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:38 pm 

So I did a little thought experiment (math experiment?) on money and how much I spend a week on food and gas. I essentially wrote down what I'm spending per day, per week, and eventually blew it out into per month and per year. I realized by driving less, purchasing everything I'd eat during the week in bulk and forgoing fast food, I'd end up saving a good amount of money. It's funny how just listing things out and going over them on paper can make it all make sense and highlight the issues. I suggest trying it.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:50 pm 

Rattus wrote:

Fucking hell... how the hell do they enforce this madness?! As the child can refuses/not take to the breast (it happens). Will women be forced to have a wet nurse on standby? Crazy.

My collection

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:15 pm 

Backwards politics, backwards religion, backwards culture - they'll have some flimsy justification for it, and an equally flimsy enforcement.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:39 pm 

Has anybody worked for Rasputin Music before and know whether or not they're a shit company to be under?

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Rattus wrote:

Fucking hell... how the hell do they enforce this madness?! As the child can refuses/not take to the breast (it happens). Will women be forced to have a wet nurse on standby? Crazy.

Having grown up in an Arab family, and having grown up alongside other Arab families, I noticed that there is definitely more of an attitude of women and children being the property of men. So that's how a lot of this shit happens. I'm sad to admit it but it's there. Glad I showed one of these kinds of men his place two years ago, and now he's rotting miserably and alone, like he deserves. :-)

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 pm 

Rattus wrote:
CrushedRevelation wrote:

Having grown up in an Arab family, and having grown up alongside other Arab families, I noticed that there is definitely more of an attitude of women and children being the property of men. So that's how a lot of this shit happens. I'm sad to admit it but it's there. Glad I showed one of these kinds of men his place two years ago, and now he's rotting miserably and alone, like he deserves. :-)

There's Arabs in the great land of Canadia! Learn something new every day.

I'm actually curious how they even plan to enforce that law you mentioned.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 pm 

Rattus wrote:

Hmmmm...
So erm, how did you dispose of the body?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
So I did a little thought experiment (math experiment?) on money and how much I spend a week on food and gas. I essentially wrote down what I'm spending per day, per week, and eventually blew it out into per month and per year. I realized by driving less, purchasing everything I'd eat during the week in bulk and forgoing fast food, I'd end up saving a good amount of money. It's funny how just listing things out and going over them on paper can make it all make sense and highlight the issues. I suggest trying it.

Maintaining a daily account of expenses is a headache. Weekly perhaps is more feasible but I still feel it'll be tough to account for the hidden expenses. I tried some of those expense manager apps but they eventually became too laborious. A macro-monthly view on an excel sheet serves me well. I'm cutting down on expenses too, right from changing the phone/internet plan to my daily travel (which will now include public transport).

stevefrancis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:35 am 

I like it very much . Well done.

onlinepokies.me/

Last edited by stevefrancis on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 am 

I get plenty of spam. The names and subjects of the Nigerian scam attempts are always obvious, of course, but someone puts some serious time and effort into them. I can't help it, but seeing "Pastor Lamar Ibrahim Schneider" sending me an email with the title that approximates "Please, beloved, contact us IMMEDIATELY to collect your inheritance", I get a mental image of a black dude in a shitty internet cafe AIDS toilet in Lagos watching himself in a cracked and oxidized mirror, building a new identity to use in the dangerous world of con men, and accidentally re-enacting the Ocean's 11's "I am Lyman Zerga" scene, with no hint of comedy whatsoever.

stevefrancis wrote:
I like it very much . Well done!

What are you referring to? Are you an exceptionally polite spam bot?

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:52 am 

Beer Baron wrote:
Rattus wrote:

Hmmmm...
So erm, how did you dispose of the body?

At the time, my view was that death is too good for him. Now I don't really care what happens to him, wherever he is. Old dude freezing out in the middle of Alberta by now.

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 am 

You cold girl, you cold.

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:38 am 

dystopia4 wrote:

Props to you for making that move. Having been there, it's a tough thing to do, but ultimately the first person you got to save is yourself.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:26 am 

Yeah, man - it was an incredibly hard thing to do. We were best friends and it's really difficult to just cut ties like that. But, obviously it turned out for the best as I'm in 3rd year university now and he's in jail (don't think it's the first time, either). Sucks, because he was the greatest guy and then he just got sucked into the "gangsta" street criminal bullshit.

So George Zimmerman is set to fight DMX in a celebrity boxing match. Anything to stay in the spotlight, eh?
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/05/showb ... index.html

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:57 am 

That man really is not too bright. If his story is to be believed, he was beaten up by a 15 year old kid who so terrified him he shot back in self-defense.....and now he is getting into a boxing match with a crack user. A very public boxing match, at that. I'm sure just about every personal bodyguard company in the world is cringing at the thought of a man who gets thousands of death threats getting into a public ring on television.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:14 am 

Spoiler: show

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 am 

Around 10 million Africans were forcibly taken to the North Americas - and many today are the result of landowners having slept with some of them. I would've hoped by now, 2014, the vast majority would be sympathetic to the black Americans history.

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:15 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
So George Zimmerman is set to fight DMX in a celebrity boxing match. Anything to stay in the spotlight, eh?
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/05/showb ... index.html

DMX was supposed to do a celebrity MMA fight a couple years ago but it fell apart the day of when his opponent wouldn't sign a contract stating something to the effect of "signee agrees that DMX will win the MMA contest".

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 pm 

He probably saw those hobo fighting videos and shat himself. Anybody who's witnessed crackheads fighting will attest to the fact that they can be really tenacious fuckers.
Seriously though, DMX used to be one of my favourite rappers in the late '90s to early 2000s. Its a shame he got himself into his current situation,

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:02 pm 

Beer Baron wrote:
He probably saw those hobo fighting videos and shat himself. Anybody who's witnessed crackheads fighting will attest to the fact that they can be really tenacious fuckers.
Seriously though, DMX used to be one of my favourite rappers in the late '90s to early 2000s. Its a shame he got himself into his current situation,

that's what would make the MMA more interesting, Rufus the Stunt bum back in the ring.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 pm 

I'm waiting.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:41 pm 

Fez, is that you?

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:06 pm 

What in the fuck? lolomg. Who in the hell... Anyone else want to track down this Hypado kid and give him a hug and tell him everything will be okay? There there. It was only a shitty topic.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422 ... 518  Next