Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:33 pm 

I would be very careful with ascribing any fashion choice to the mere desire for sexual attention.

Some people just wanna look fabulous. Other than that I mostly agree. High heels are exceptionally dumb fashion.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:05 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
I would be very careful with ascribing any fashion choice to the mere desire for sexual attention.

Some people just wanna look fabulous. Other than that I mostly agree. High heels are exceptionally dumb fashion.

As a fabulous-looking person, I agree. :-P

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 pm 

How the hell do high heels make someones butt look better? Guess I missed that memo.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:38 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
Here's a dirty little secret, ladies: almost no man notices when you are wearing heels unless you are taking them off, commenting about how much they hurt, or falling over wearing them. That's it. They don't make you look better. Any man that tells you otherwise is the sort of man who fantasizes about becoming a bank executive at HSBC so he can set the dress code for his cute secretaries he spends the whole day watching bend over to pick up the TPS reports he "accidentally" dropped.

Don't forget your cover sheets!!!!

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:02 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
Things about hating high-heels

You're preaching to the choir here. I'd add that if women want to make their butt or legs look better that they should do some kind of exercise that will actually improve those things, instead of something that (might) give the illusion of it while possibly fucking up your feet or lower legs.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:05 pm 

I didn't realize my drunken post about wearing high heels would have created so much controversy.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:07 pm 

Don't worry, no ones doubting that high heels make your ass look fantastic iamntbatman :lol:

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm 

Jewelry is even worse. How is that supposed to make you look better? Most useless waste of money I can think of. Even when you're literally burning your money you're atleast not inconveniencing yourself with wearing something.

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
I didn't realize my drunken post about wearing high heels would have created so much controversy.

Now think before you speak.
Also, flat shoes > high heels. Or is it just me? :lol:

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:06 am 

Nebster173 wrote:
Jewelry is even worse. How is that supposed to make you look better? Most useless waste of money I can think of. Even when you're literally burning your money you're atleast not inconveniencing yourself with wearing something.

You into nudism, mate? :-P

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:10 am 

Things like high heels and jewelry make some women feel pretty or sexy, does it really need to get more complicated than that?

Granted, my dream woman is a black teenage girl with giant boobs and a Maxim Lapierre mask, so really your mileage may vary.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:45 am 

So, in the wake of all the controversy surrounding Woody Allen's Lifetime Achievement award at the Golden Globes, his long-estranged daughter has just written an open letter that states in very plain language that he sexually assaulted her when she was a kid.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/an-open-letter-from-dylan-farrow/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:58 am 

Doesn't get any clearer than that. I never liked the guy (that business with him marrying his once adoptive daughter creeps me the fuck out) but that is just horrible. Is there no way you can get this piece of shit jailed for the rest of his life?
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:07 am 

on a related note:

BastardHead wrote:
Granted, my dream woman is a black teenage girl with giant boobs and a Maxim Lapierre mask, so really your mileage may vary.

bastardhead is apparently woody allen. always knew something was fishy about him.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:07 am 

Well at this point there could be some sort of statute of limitations in effect. I think the real important thing is that this whole episode has just been sort of forgotten or ignored, with Allen's supporters saying that he should be given the benefit of the doubt because he was never convicted of any crime in the case. Shit, even in the comments there you see a bunch of people who are quick to jump to his defense in the vein of "well we just can't know one way or the other" that's just a fact of rape culture.

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:16 am 

i don't see what the big deal is. when it was discovered roman polanksi did similar things, he was swiftly taken into custody, sentenced and served a multi-year sentence in prison. he certainly wasn't idolized by actors and directors even after the fact or given awards and accolades. hollywood is a place where they ostracize such lowly people.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:16 am 

WaywardSon wrote:
on a related note:

BastardHead wrote:

bastardhead is apparently woody allen. always knew something was fishy about him.

18 and 19 are teenage!
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:18 am 

i know. i just like to slander people over the internet whenever i can. it makes me feel like a man.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:19 am 

I forgive you, it's a favorite pastime of my own.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:21 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Well at this point there could be some sort of statute of limitations in effect.

That's what I feared. You guys have to get some legislation on this, child abuse often times takes years to surface and charging someone could take a few more. It's not right.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:28 am 

WaywardSon wrote:
i don't see what the big deal is. when it was discovered roman polanksi did similar things, he was swiftly taken into custody, sentenced and served a multi-year sentence in prison. he certainly wasn't idolized by actors and directors even after the fact or given awards and accolades. hollywood is a place where they ostracize such lowly people.

He actually served no such sentence. He served 42 days in jail then fled to France hours before he was due for final sentencing and has been essentially a fugitive ever since.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:33 am 

:lol: Is your sarcasm detector broken iamntbatman?

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:41 am 

Wow! That's a very damning write-up.
It wouldn't surprise the least bit if its true, with his marriage to Dylan's adopted sister. One can not even imagine the way Dylan and her family must feel seeing him live his life freely

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:43 am 

Nochielo wrote:
Doesn't get any clearer than that. I never liked the guy (that business with him marrying his once adoptive daughter creeps me the fuck out) but that is just horrible. Is there no way you can get this piece of shit jailed for the rest of his life?
Yeah, I was weirded out by that too. This news is severely damning and I don't think he'll ever be treated the same, unfortunately I doubt he'll serve time in prison. I honestly never found his movies enjoyable, I never understood why such a large amount of legitimate good actors starred in his terrible ensemble "comedies", as if he was capable of perfect cinema. It's really disgusting that this list of celebrity pedophiles is growing every year.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:55 am 

CorpseFister wrote:
:lol: Is your sarcasm detector broken iamntbatman?

Yes :(

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:56 am 

Huh, today's calendar page has a Woody Allen quote on it. What a strange coincidence.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:26 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
It's like a car tire that increases friction on the road, it's pointless.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad analogy? The tires are supposed to create more friction, to keep you from slipping and sliding across the road.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:38 am 

So, I was up late drinking beer with the missus watching Rage (late night music video show here...), and I have now had this damn song stuck in my head all bloody day...

My collection

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:47 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
So, I was up late drinking beer with the missus watching Rage (late night music video show here...), and I have now had this damn song stuck in my head all bloody day...

What... the.... fuck?...

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:25 am 

Yeah, that Grimes track rules. Love her synth programming.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 am 

One day I was at Geneva where John Kerry was vigorously defending terrorists of the Syrian opposition! The Syrian foreign minister had risen to speak when suddenly I could remain silent no more! "I demand they start making Dunk-A-Roos again! This is an outrage!" I screamed! Banky Moon quickly tried to regain control of the situation as the tense diplomats had all begun arguing! "Mr. Sunlight, I assure you Dunk-A-Roos are still available in many major grocery chains!" I refused to listen and continued to rant! The world leaders eventually managed to calm me down and I stalked back to my chair with a huff. I opened my lunch box and poured the contents out. Suddenly, I gasped and stared in stunned disbelief as a box of Dunk-A-Roos fell onto my lap.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:40 am 

So there's this up-and-coming noise rock band named Perfect Pussy and they kick some serious ass. Think Melt-Banana with less grindcore and more post-hardcore, but the same yelled female vocals (albeit less Japanese) and the same infectious songwriting. A pretty good example of an attention-grabbing band name actually failing to disappoint.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:41 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Yeah, that Grimes track rules. Love her synth programming.

The thing is that it is ridiculously catchy too, and those oh so light, ethereal vocals...

My collection

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:13 am 

Actual quote from my roommate:
Quote:
Cal, you're an acceptable kind of fat. I'm not disgusted when I look at you. When people cross that certain threshold their existents annoys me, but you're alright.

In other news my fraternity's charter just got suspended, which really blows. Made a lot of good friends through this.. We're still technically a "colony" and can get our charter back in 2-3 years if we really do good, but I'll be graduated by then anyway.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:17 am 

Just got back from playing in the southern hemispheres biggest Warhamer 40,000 tournament. Came in 58th out of 148 players which kinda surprised me as I won 3 games and lost 3. But your final score is a combination of battle score (win/loss/draw/bonus objectives), sportsmanship, painting and composition (ie a handicap system to punish people taking cheese lists). Took Ravenwing/Deathwing - no fliers, no fortifications and only 25 models on the table so all the games were hard fought. Also got a silver in the painting competition (open category) for a Titan I painted. Playing for 2 days in a hot Australian summer is certainly tough on the stamina.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:54 am 

I really want to get back into wargaming, if only on a social level. Perhaps 2014 will be the year I finally do it.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:24 am 

Once the house extension is finished, I want to get back to pen-and-paper RPGs. The epic story aboard a generation ship halfway through its 6000 year voyage is still untold.

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:24 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Well at this point there could be some sort of statute of limitations in effect. I think the real important thing is that this whole episode has just been sort of forgotten or ignored, with Allen's supporters saying that he should be given the benefit of the doubt because he was never convicted of any crime in the case. Shit, even in the comments there you see a bunch of people who are quick to jump to his defense in the vein of "well we just can't know one way or the other" that's just a fact of rape culture.

Rape culture? I guess we're living in a murder culture too since OJ Simpson has a bunch of people supporting him. I think the main reason people are saying we can't know is because we fucking can't. Or maybe because some people value these neat little concepts of "free trial" and "innocent until proven guilty". Sure, you could find some compelling reason to believe it went down one way or the other, but if you start aggressively spouting off these opinions like they're the objective, obvious truth, then you're just contributing to this culture of trial by media we're living in.

In the end, though, you'll always have the people irrationally defending their idol, the reasonable people who say we can't know, the people being irrationally upset because someone got away with an alleged crime that can't be proven, the rich and powerful people occasionally getting away with more than they should because they're rich and powerful, and the crimes that in most cases can't be proven because it's one person's word against another's (especially if they happened over two decades ago). Nothing about this is indicative of "rape culture".

invitus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:53 am 

J_Ason wrote:
In the end, though, you'll always have the people irrationally defending their idol, <...> the rich and powerful people occasionally getting away with more than they should because they're rich and powerful <...>

We have all the reason in the world to be pissed about those though. Fuck idiots the idiots irrationally defending (if your friend does this, please please tell him he's an idiot! Friendship is about honesty), and fuck the rich for getting away with more than they should.

:)

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:54 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
So, in the wake of all the controversy surrounding Woody Allen's Lifetime Achievement award at the Golden Globes, his long-estranged daughter has just written an open letter that states in very plain language that he sexually assaulted her when she was a kid.

http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/an-open-letter-from-dylan-farrow/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I'm not surprised at all. He's also a Roman Polanski supporter.

@J_Ason: Rape culture is when sexual assault is downplayed and trivialized. O.J. winning a shady-ass trial is not at all analogous to that.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418 ... 518  Next