Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:15 pm 

:durr:

I didn't even think to look that up, I just assumed it was a generic filename with the word "media" in it. It's good to have such very dumb moments, keeps ya humble.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:07 pm 

Why do people bother posting stuff like "this thread will probably be locked but I'll answer the question anyway"? Why do people need to add that stupid disclaimer at the beginning of their posts?

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm 

Kind of like how people say stuff like, "I'll probably get flamed for this, but I like *insert nu metal/metalcore/deathcore band here*", as if they think that every other member of the website is screaming at their computers upon seeing somebody on here who listens to bands that are generally disliked.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:25 pm 

YOU LIKE SLIPKNOT? WHAT THE FUCK? HOW DARE YOU MENTION THEM ON HERE! I'M SENDING NIGHTGAUNT TO END YOU!

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Kind of like how people say stuff like, "I'll probably get flamed for this, but I like *insert nu metal/metalcore/deathcore band here*", as if they think that every other member of the website is screaming at their computers upon seeing somebody on here who listens to bands that are generally disliked.

They just haven't learned that no one cares about what they say, like or do. They will. Learn, that is.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:

Dude, I've gone through so many monitors from reading stuff like that. You don't even know.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 pm 

pork stench fat blue brigade.
morbid gothic cow disease.
loathing flotsam and jetsam.
syringes on the beaches.
halley's comet swooping down from universal curtains.
scorched lizards frying in holes.
beefy hillbillies with killian's irish red.
fuck mister bigsley.
hello jansen moon child.
goodbye wobbles mckearney.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:

This site is more reasonable, but there are places, like YouTube, where they will do that, a lot of people come from YouTube.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:49 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
pork stench fat blue brigade.
morbid gothic cow disease.
loathing flotsam and jetsam.
syringes on the beaches.
halley's comet swooping down from universal curtains.
scorched lizards frying in holes.
beefy hillbillies with killian's irish red.
fuck mister bigsley.
hello jansen moon child.
goodbye wobbles mckearney.

This isn't any less awesome a few pages after you quoted it the first time.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 pm 

If only i could make myself like dudes. Women from my experience never know what they want and then end things in a passive-aggressive manner so that I try to get back with them and then it all gets all dragged out...

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 pm 

Dudes do pretty much the exact same thing. Men and women really aren't that different. People are passive agressivene out of lazyness.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:31 pm 

My experiences line up more with AcidWorm. That sort of passive-aggressiveness is honestly one of the most mind-numbing, aggravating, and at the same time, helpless and depressing things I've dealt with. That's not very objective though, having just dealt with that today. I usually have to end up keeping my cool and watching everything I say, wondering at the same time if this is flat out ridiculous or woth it, until they get out of their funk, you know? Gah. Been wishing I was gay for years. Hasn't happened yet, though, and good thing too since the passive-aggressive moods I've dealt with have always been quelled. But anyway, yeah, they're not too fun.

Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 pm 

Bloodbath's Nightmares Made Flesh is quickliy becoming one of my favourite albums of all time. I've always liked it a lot, but recently it's been growing even more on me. "Bastard Son of God" is the only song on the album that is just plain good. Everything else ranges from very good to FUCKING AWESOME.

And that's all. I just had to say (write?) it out loud.

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 pm 

I've never had those problems for too long with women. When you fold to their passive agressive bullcrap, you give them power. If, on the other hand, you tell them to go fuck themselves with witty one liners, they eventually come around. If they don't, due to some undeserved sense of entitlement, there's always other women.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:45 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:
If only i could make myself like dudes. Women from my experience never know what they want and then end things in a passive-aggressive manner so that I try to get back with them and then it all gets all dragged out...

I swear, I seem to be the only person I know who doesn't try to get back with people after the end of a relationship. Weird.
Hehe, foreskins.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:50 pm 

I never have either! Once you fuck somebody else that's it. I guess if you count the period in between that happening and the relationship ending, then I'm a real beggar. I probably caused some of my exes to fuck other people sooner than they would have with my pestering.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
IIf, on the other hand, you tell them to go fuck themselves with witty one liners, they eventually come around.

I hope you're joking. If not, where are you from?

But no, when it came to "passive-aggressive" situations, I've always treaded the water between "that happening and the relationship ending," as you said, and it's never led to the relationship ending. In that case, no, there'd be no turning back for me. I'd be done.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 pm 

I'm actually not. Bitches be crazy, enabling that very insanity is not smart. When they realise they have no control, they come around. If they don't, they obviously didn't really care about you. I prefer a woman actually confront me with the problem she's having than pull some childish stuff.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 pm 

Quote:
One day I went to a job fair! Thousands of unemployed men arrived to compete like savage animals for the dozens of jobs available! I refused to take off my shades at any of my interviews and demanded a minimum benefits package to include full life insurance (on other people) in my name, 66.6 dollars an hour in wages, and an expense account! All the grocers, plumbers, and wait staff managers immediately started a bidding war to aquire my skills!

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 pm 

I suppose each case is different. It's never been anything truly childish, what I'm talking about, it's usually a simple misunderstanding that fires up a less-than-lucrative approach to things, and both parties can usually assume some responsibility of their own doing. And I guess if I cared enough, I'd never leave it abruptly with a one-liner.

Crick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 pm 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
I never have either! Once you fuck somebody else that's it. I guess if you count the period in between that happening and the relationship ending, then I'm a real beggar.

I've never even had a concept of that so-called "in between period". If it didn't work out it didn't work out; it's just never bothered me much I guess. Then again, I've remained good friends with everyone I've dated, so there's that.

Maybe I've just managed not to date crazy people?
Hehe, foreskins.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm 

Well it sounds like a healthy relationship. The passive agressiveness would be a dealbreaker for me, but that's a personal thing. As for the one liner thing, it's not that I don't care, just that I enjoy amusing myself. If you just constantly act like a pussy and ask her what's wrong, I guarantee she'll respond with "nothing" or something equally frustrating and you'll just be playing into her hand.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:26 pm 

I just noticed Unifying_Disorder quoted himself in his signature. :durr:

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 pm 

Being neutral/passive/pussy... Well, no, supportive too, can help tide things over. Which is usually the desired endpoint. Sometimes there just isn't a specific "what's wrong," and the mood simply has to run its course. So I'm game for playing the mood, so to speak, if that's all it is; which can make up a majority of the conflict most of the time. That is assuming you've done nothing wrong and/or you aren't dealing with a nut.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:36 pm 

See, that's the thing, most of them are nuts by nature :p and you should always assume you've done something wrong. Your way DOES work if you've managed to find yourself a normal, mature, girl. But if she's under 25 or so, I doubt it.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:50 pm 

Bar a bad squirrel joke, I've had the good fortune of never ending up with a nut. Well, come to think, I like nuts, in a quirky sort of way, but that's irrelevant. I haven't landed with a bad apple. And yeah, that draws back to what I mentioned earlier about both people assuming responsibility somewhat, but again, speaking personally lots of this stuff is stretched out of proportion and you can safely say, "yeah, they're being a bit unfair," and then you have to decide what the rational way to go about it is.

And if it really is silly enough, some of these things sort themselves out. Chemistry and all.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 pm 

Mysticaloldbard wrote:
I like nuts

I knew it!

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:05 am 

I wasn't very subtle, was I?

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:10 am 

We all like nuts. I for example love almonds!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 am 

No, I wouldn't say so. Not that I have anything against it. You can express your enjoyment for nuts as much as you want. Some governments are even okay with it.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 am 

Ah another Almond discussion! The most superior nut of them all.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 am 

Agreed. I used to love pistachios, but they got stale for me!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Crick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:19 am 

Yeah, I got tired of cracking open pistachios, and they often tasted too strong for my liking. Back to the milky goodness of some nice almonds.
Hehe, foreskins.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:21 am 

MA: strong supporters of Almonds since 2002.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
YOU LIKE SLIPKNOT? WHAT THE FUCK? HOW DARE YOU MENTION THEM ON HERE! I'M SENDING NIGHTGAUNT TO END YOU!

For some reason, in this post I'm envisioning Nightgaunt as the undead king from that one episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 am 

Pistachios are the only nuts worth eating. All other nuts (that I've tried at least) are bland, make you thirsty, and get stuck in your teeth. Even then, pistachios have a strange taste, and I can't eat very much of them at a time. Nuts are just mediocre food in general.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 am 

Nice birthday with my best friend, I'm very drunk right now, I love you all (with many exceptions).

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:12 am 

Let us know how the hangover works out for ya :thumbsup:

And keep drinkin'!

My collection

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:30 am 

Mmmmm. Pistachio.

Necroticism174 wrote:
See, that's the thing, most of them are nuts by nature :p and you should always assume you've done something wrong. Your way DOES work if you've managed to find yourself a normal, mature, girl. But if she's under 25 or so, I doubt it.

You seem to responsible for all the classy posts today, don't ya? I'm so sick of all the bullshit gender stereotypes about women being more passive-aggressive and men never knowing what they've done wrong... Men vs. women. Yawn. It's about personality, not gender - some people are just so egocentric that they think the world revolves around what they're entitled to and any implicit whim they might indicate; others are really terrible at reading emotions. Takes all kinds of nuts. Although I hate cashews.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:34 am 

I agree, quit the sexist bullshit, Necro.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 ... 827  Next