Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:01 am 

Said company being Inquisition, The Foreshadowing, and Death Wolf. Dates are as follows.

2/20: Springfield, VA @ Empire
2/21: Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
2/22: Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
2/23: New York, NY @ Gramercy Theatre
2/24: Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
2/25: Toronto, ON @ Wreck Room
2/26: Millvale, PA @ Mr. Small’s Theatre
2/27: Chicago, IL @ Reggie’s
2/28: Saint Paul, MN @ Station 4
3/1: Winnipeg, MB @ Osborne Village Inn
3/2: Regina, SK @ The Exchange
3/3: Edmonton, AB @ Pawn Shop
3/4: Calgary, AB @ Dickens
3/5: Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theatre
3/6: Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
3/7: Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
3/8: Oakland, CA @ Oakland Opera House
3/9: Los Angeles, CA @ The Vex
3/10: Tempe, AZ @ 910 Live
3/11: Albuquerque, NM @ TBC
3/12: Dallas, TX @ Tomcats West
3/13: San Antonio, TX @ Korova
3/15: Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
3/16: Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade

Why is it that almost every tour goes to The Chance and The Palladium but never the 30 minutes away from me Webster? At least Poughkeepsie is a shorter drive than Worcester is, and it's a better maintained venue than Worcester is.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:00 am 

Again no Philly, Allentown, or Reading show??? Metal got NO LOVE for Eastern PA!!! WTF!!!! Hopefully will get Paganfest this year.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:40 pm 

Should be Inquisition and co. But I'm there \m/

tehfoks
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:38 pm 

Inquisition never disappoints live, but damn it they're playing on the same date as Enslaved in New York. If one of the shows reschedulesd i'd definitely go to both.

Smalley wrote:
If I wanted a better version of something, I certainly wouldn't want it to start smoking crack, it'd get all fucked up and gross.

Tempered_Steel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 pm 

Poughkeepsie! cannot believe they are coming to my doorstep, very excited.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:09 am 

Will be there in Tempe for sure. Three of my favorite bands all on one tour.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:19 pm 

I'm 99% sure I'm going to the Poughkeepsie show now.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:10 am 

I'll be at the Pittsburgh/Millvale show. Marduk is a great live band. Very intense.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:47 pm 

conquer__all wrote:
Again no Philly, Allentown, or Reading show??? Metal got NO LOVE for Eastern PA!!! WTF!!!! Hopefully will get Paganfest this year.

If a band is touring the east coast, the tour often goes from D.C. to Philly, so I don't know what you have to complain about. I, on the other hand, coming from Baltimore, have every reason to piss and moan when bands skip right over Baltimore, which they love to do. But then again, we have MDF, so win.

Edit: And oh, Marduk played around here in June, so I'm guessing that's the reason they aren't touring in the mid-Atlantic too much this time around.

The Metallian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:53 pm 

Just got my tickets for March 2nd concert!
Saw Marduk with 1349 on June 11th 2012,so gald they are comin back!
Can't wait!

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:08 pm 

Yeah, I won't be at Poughkeepsie.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 pm 

The last few major metal tours have ignored Philly, Reading, Allentown, and Lancaster all together. I don't have the means nor the time to drive 4 hours to pittsburgh to see a show, or to DC or NYC for that matter. Most promoters have been ignoring eastern PA for some time now, which I don't know why because there is a huge metal following in Philly and the surrounding areas, every show I have been to it was packed, even on a tuesday night!

NorthernDarkness6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:07 pm 

conquer__all wrote:
The last few major metal tours have ignored Philly, Reading, Allentown, and Lancaster all together. I don't have the means nor the time to drive 4 hours to pittsburgh to see a show, or to DC or NYC for that matter. Most promoters have been ignoring eastern PA for some time now, which I don't know why because there is a huge metal following in Philly and the surrounding areas, every show I have been to it was packed, even on a tuesday night!

I went to Hostile City Deathfest 2010 in Philly and there was only a small crowd. Some fans were posting angry messages on the Hostile City Deathfest site about internationally known bands being given only 35 minutes of playing time while local bands got 30 minutes. I also was angered by this and have not been back to Philly since this August 2010 Fest. Now that I've recently seen 2 full sets by one of those bands I might resume visiting Philly on occasion. Also, why did the Metal focused Relapse Store close? Did daylight flash mob violence in the Old City and near City Hall drive people away?

Artopsy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm 

Here is the 9" x 24" screen printed gig poster for the San Antonio stop. Approved by management and on sale the day of the show (3/13/13)

FastAsAShark
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 am 

Ill be checking out the Calgary stop for sure, should be a good show

Turbo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 pm 

Interesting

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 pm 

:ugh: Fuck i hope i get the time off to see this....

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:39 pm 

Northerndarkness6,
I really don't care to see shows in Philly. Allentown or Reading and even the Note in West Chester are starting to get some really good metal shows (Paganfest, Suffocation, Clutch, ect), Philly gets all the indie hipster shit, and that;s fine they can have it!
I really wanted to see this show because Moonspell is very dear to me one of my favs dince the mid 90's!
As far as the Relapse store closing I think they just didn't get any buisness, plus they wanted way too much for used cds.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:23 pm 

I went to the show in Pittsburgh and I thought Inquisition was the most commanding band of the night. For just two guys it really sounds like a full band. Marduk's set list choice was somewhat odd, but enjoyable, though they didn't play many live staples. Moonspell was the real surprise for me. Very good stage performance and they were very energetic and commanded your full attention. I didn't care for The Foreshadowing and Death Wolf.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:59 pm 

I, too, was at the Pittsburgh show. Inquisition definitely stole the show with Moonspell a close second. Marduk was intense, but the members just kind of went through the motions and their stage presence was pretty weak.

I had a good time, except for the old dude who splashed his nasty bacterial sweat in my face when he was going into convulsions, I mean headbanging. It was an odd crowd, to say the least.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 am 

Inquisition killed it tonight! There is something really engaging and raw seeing just a drummer and a guitar/vocalist rocking out like that. For two guys it's impressive to see the presence they pull off and I enjoyed the fuck out of their set; it was easily my favorite of the night. Moonspell was up next and though I don't really care for their style they performed a good set and had a lot of energy. Marduk was loud, blast-beaty and... ehhh, that's about it. Really it was kind of disappointing. I've only listened to a bit of their music so I didn't have many expectations going into it, but as a live experience they felt flat and vapid.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:08 pm 

Not going to be able to see them live... If someone is going to the Arizona show let me know how it went

Under_Starmere wrote:

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm 

I went to the Chicago show and was blown away by Inquisition. I had heard some of their material before the show, and enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say I was a real avid listener (Dagon's vocals didn't stick immediately for me... shocking I know). They completely stole the show, in my opinion, and I am now a devoted convert. They emanate darkness, professionalism and dedication to their craft in the live setting, which I felt immediately and really appreciated. Both musicians were tight as hell and executed all the songs with perfection, from what I could tell. I personally would have switched Inquisition and Moonspell in the roster so they would've received more time to melt my face with their satanic riffage. Granted, I'm not a Moonspell fan so I'm just a tad biased. Marduk was good, but didn't top Inquisition for me. Plus, their set and performance seemed a little lackluster. All in all, I'd say it was a good night. Good beer, a new-found adoration of Inquisition, and White Castle after the show.

Reply to topic