Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 pm 

Figured this was the best place to put this, as it relates to a venue - sorry if I've dun goofed.

Any other Sydney guys bummed about what is happening to The Sando? For those who don't know, it looks like the pub is going under - at the moment the place is still running (I do remember something about it being because of the gigs booked, like Steel Assassins in November), but unless something happens they won't be for much longer (there is some sort of rally going down soon, but I'm not exactly sure of the details, although I think it is basically to attempt to raise the necessary money).

If the place does shut, it will be a real shame - the venue has been the host of Sydney's live music scene for quite some time, and I myself have been to some excellent shows there over the last four years, be they grind, power, rock n' roll, or blues. I think that unfortunately the news of them shutting has resulted in some people thinking they aren't at all open, judging from the much smaller crowd on Saturday at the Tice & Evans residency than normal.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Reply to topic