Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 pm 

NIGHTWISH ANNOUNCE HEADLINING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR FOR 2015

Finland-based symphonic metal storytellers NIGHTWISH are pleased to announce their 27-date headlining tour of North America for 2015, launching in New York City on April 9th, hitting three Canadian cities plus Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles, then closing out in Silver Springs, Maryland on May 14th. Opening will be Dutch symphonic metallers DELAIN.

Checking in from the other side of the world amidst all the prep work for recording their new studio album, NIGHTWISH member Marco Hietala shares the following about the band’s return to North America:

“Hi to all! Our work on the new album has been going with serious productive speed and comfortable ease at the same time. It´s going to be great to get it out to you and play these pieces live. And with this announcement it will obviously happen quite soon! Here are the dates for the North-American shows. Come on over and we´ll raise hell and kick some arses together!”

EnterTheVault.com is the exclusive place to purchase VIP Meet & Greet tickets (which includes early entry + an official tour program) through October 11th.

All the other tickets: TicketMaster.com, starting October 11th.

Confirmed dates for the upcoming NIGHTWISH 2015 tour with Delain are:

04/09/15 Hammerstein Ballroom – New York, NY
04/10/15 Electric Factory – Philadelphia, PA
04/11/15 Palladium – Worcester, MA
04/13/15 Capitole Theatre – Quebec City, QC – CANADA
04/14/15 Phoenix Concert Theater – Toronto, ON – CANADA
04/16/15 Town Ballroom – Buffalo, NY
04/17/15 Agora Theatre – Cleveland, OH
04/18/15 Concorde Music Hall – Chicago, IL
04/19/15 7 Flags Events Center - Clive, IA
04/21/15 Ogden Theatre – Denver, CO
04/22/15 In The Venue – Salt Lake City, UT
04/24/15 Knitting Factory – Spokane, WA
04/25/15 Orpheum Theatre – Vancouver, B.C. – CANADA
04/26/15 Crystal Ballroom – Portland, OR
04/28/15 Warfield Theatre – San Francisco, CA
04/30/15 House Of Blues – Las Vegas, NV
05/01/15 Greek Theatre – Los Angeles, CA
05/02/15 Marquee Theatre – Phoenix, AZ
05/03/15 Tricky Falls – El Paso, TX
05/05/15 Bomb Factory – Dallas, TX
05/06/15 Warehouse Live – Houston, TX
05/08/15 House of Blues – Orlando, FL
05/09/15 Revolution – Fort Lauderdale, FL
05/11/15 Marathon Music Work – Nashville, TN
05/12/15 Expo Five – Louisville, KY
05/13/15 Filmore – Charlotte, NC
05/14/15 Filmore – Silver Springs, MD

Got that info from their Facebook. I also got an email that has Sabaton included on that poster, but I'm not sure about the legitimacy of that since neither Nightwish nor Sabaton have mentioned anything. We shall see.

Edit: The inclusion of Sabaton has been officially announced! I've changed the poster and thread title to reflect that.

Last edited by Mysticaloldbard on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:20 pm 

Skips Seattle, plays in Spokane. What? ... What?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metantoine
Prince of the Black Sun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:29 pm 

And skips Montréal and play in Quebec City instead! (not that I was going to see them)

Delain just toured with Sonata Arctica recently, a band in high demand, I guess?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 pm 

Yeah they must be, I was at a Sonata Arctica show earlier this month and heard a few people say they were there for Delain. I was a little bemused because I had never heard of them before the show. They weren't bad.

conquer__all
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14 pm 

Cool! Finally a metal show that is actually playing Philly!!!

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:14 pm 

Sabaton has been added to the lineup!

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:17 am 

It's so far off I won't even bother adding this to the list of dates, but...
Nightwish's Facebook wrote:
Great news for our fans in Canada!
Due to the overwhelming demand of the sold out Quebec City show we have added a Montreal date on February 21 in 2016….!!!

Tickets are exclusively on sale through Enterthevault.com. (On January 23 they become available everywhere)
The VIP meet / greets tickets are also available exclusively through Enterthevault.com.....and are limited to 100 for the show.

For the upcoming North American tour in April - May 2015 there are some spots left for the VIP meets but they are getting close to sell out. Get your tickets fast!

I'm guessing they have a second US and Canadian tour planned for early 2016? I can't imagine they're coming back for one show. I've no doubt that most of these shows will sell out the night of.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:13 am 

Worcester was packed. I've been to several sold out shows there but I've never felt like such a sardine. Missed about half of Delain because there was a line around the block, but I'm not crazy about them anyway. Sabaton was good. I recognized a few songs although they all blended together. It was my first time seeing them and I didn't expect all the lighthearted banter. Guess I expected some serious, chest-pounding, metal brothers march to war stuff from them. Nightwish was good as well, much better and rejuvenated with Floor on vocals. She mostly sings in that "pop" style but when she goes into the old stuff, she sounds just like Tarja. And their setlist was heavy on the new stuff. It was especially cool to see Stargazers and Ghost Love Score, though.

Sinfulsot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:07 am 

I think next time, the VIP ticket to get in earlier might be a worthy investment.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:14 pm 

I'm officially going. Roommates got me tickets for my birthday. How are people enjoying the tour so far? I was worried that Nightwish would mostly play new stuff.

Subrick
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:25 am 

Well most of the set is new album material, but they balance it out well enough with material from other albums. In a set of 17 songs, 7 are new album songs and everything else is from prior albums. They've been rotating a couple songs in and out of a slot in the set each show; sometimes it's "Ever Dream", other times it's "Dark Chest of Wonders" or "Nemo". They've been playing "Stargazers" and "Sleeping Sun" on this tour too, and Floor sounds a-fucking-mazing on them. Her opera voice is like if Tarja toned down on the vibrato considerably, and it's just plain great to hear "Stargazers" live again. Still no Angels Fall First songs, and I don't anticipate we'll ever get a song from that album in their set again, which sucks now that Floor's in the band because imagine her singing on "Elvenpath". On a few more recent sets they've been playing "The Islander", which is great because that's probably the best song from Dark Passion Play. From the videos I've seen, the shining moment of the show has been "Ghost Love Score". Floor puts so much more energy into this song than either Tarja or Anette did that it's unbelievable, and she adds quite a bit of her standard belting into the song, only adding to the epic factor.

Basically, as milquetoast as most of Endless Forms Most Beautiful is (the first four songs are genuinely great, sometimes excellent, but everything else I can pretty much do without), they're still an excellent live band. That's one thing no one can deny when it comes to Nightwish.
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Kommanderhooyah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 pm 

I just saw them last night in Iowa. Great performances by all the bands. Plus Delain came out into the crowd after their set and mingled with the fans for the rest of the show and even stayed after.

Reply to topic