Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
sucemonhibou
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:46 am 

Shouldn't have booked Graveland in first place... shit situation. Sucks for the people who traveled from far away for that festival. I think all of this mess could have been avoid from the beginning. The promoter saw it coming with all those threats on social media by Antifa saying they will block the venue if Graveland are playing. Fuck politics!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:59 am 

Wrong. Booking Graveland is fine. Hell booking any band is fine really. If you don't agree with the band you have two choices; don't go or go and realize you're an adult and can see a band you don't agree with and not be a fucking douche.

That being said, I fully support the right to peaceful protest. What antifa did was not protesting it was domestic terrorism. Big fucking difference. The show should have gone off with out a hitch even if God damned Goatmoon was playing. Just like it did when they played here in Chicago.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

sucemonhibou
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:55 am 

It was a risk to book Graveland, they took it & this happens. Honestly, how can they be surprised?
I totally disagree with the protest and how it all went but really, bands that support racial hatred should never fucking play in Montreal.
I feel sorry for the outcome and my full support go to the festival. Hopefully they keep on doing it next year.
But seriously, fuck NSBM & fuck Graveland.

~Guest 302850
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:22 am 

How have so many of you not heard of Graveland. Jesus christ do you even like black metal?

Fuck the reds that got this gig cancelled, Graveland is the main reason I came out.

stenchofburningdeath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:31 pm 

These people that got the gig cancelled are clearly not very interested in the cause they "defend". If they do, why the need to start causing trouble 4 hours before the show? Making everyone and every band pay for some loose association from the Graveland asshole?
They should have started their idiotic vandalism only when Graveland was about to hit the stage, if they truely cared.

The level of harassment that followed after the gig was cancelled further proves that, going into hotels and restaurants, starting rumbles with people that aren't even willing to fight or don't give two shits about politics...

Unfortunately, it will probably not be known to the general population that those pathetic persons are just enraged idiots that go out of their way to get "triggered" every time some sketchy opportunity arises.

Hope Sepulchral stays around and hope this nonsense is exposed to people who might think the 400 + people there are guilty of supporting this crap.

Last edited by stenchofburningdeath on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:40 pm 

I used to really like the early Graveland stuff, but haven't listened to it in over 10 years. This makes me want to break out some Graveland again and will probably increase Graveland's popularity a little bit. Graveland thanks the rioters for their support.

BlindPariah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:27 pm 

It feels like to me that the cops protected the Antifa scumbags while there were gathered numbers of concert goers who would have crushed them if not blocked off from doing so. Then later on, when people dispersed into smaller groups, the "brave anti fascists" went out to swarm on the numbers they could handle. Like 15 on 3.

The authorities allowed this and now there is a powder keg. I am already hearing that the Antifa shitheads are planning to attack Mayhem/Inquisition in January. You can bet that eventually people will get sick of it and violence will spring from their violence. Which is completely fucking stupid over concerts.

For these Antifa mini-terror chumps to claim that this concert is "recruiting" anybody is bullshit. I was there to see Aosoth and Fortresse. For me it is music. In a legal venue. From artists legally permitted to be there.

The cops could have crushed them in ten minutes. But they didn't. Something is really wrong with that.

These Antifa idiots are very brave when protected by police or when they have clear superior number advantages. This is going to get worse over time. People will fight back. Nobody wins.

sucemonhibou
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:05 am 

Antifa Against Black Metal
17 juin ·
- Do not listen to these bands if you support the antifa cause.
Aaskereia
Absurd
Abigor
Abyssic Hate
Ad Hominem
Akitsa
Ancestors Blood
Ancestral Shadows
Ancient Rites
Ancient Wolf
Antisemitex
Arkona (PL)
Autarcie
Aryan Art
Aryan Blood
Aryan Terrorism
Baise Ma Hache
Balmung
Bannerwar
Barad Dûr
Behemoth
Behexen
Bilskirnir
Blutrache
Branikald
Burzum
Carpathian Forest
Capricornus
Celestia
Chernomor
Circle Of Dawn
Csejthe
Cold Northern Vengeance
Command
Craft
Darker Than Black
Dark Funeral
Dark Fury
Darkthrone
Darkthule
Deathgate Arkanum
Der Stürmer
Dissection
Djur
Drowning The Light
Drudkh
Dub Buk
Emperor
Einsatzgruppen
Eisenwinter
Eternum
Evilfeast
Evil
Falkenbach
Feuernacht
Fjörd
Fjorsvartnir
Flammentod
Forest (Rus)
Forhatt
Forteresse
Fullmoon
Fyrfos
Genocide Kommando
Goatmoon
Godless North
Gontyna Kry
Gorgoroth
Grand Belial's Key
Granskog
Grausamkeit
Graveland
Hammer - (Fin)
Hate Forest
Heathen Hammer
Heldentum
Hellveto
Herrenvolk
Holdaar
Horna
Hrafnblóð
Ildjarn
Impaled Nazarene
Infernum
Inquisition
Isengard
Judas Iscariot
Kadotus
Kaldt Helvete
Kampfar
Karpathia
Kataxu
Klage der Nacht
Kristallnacht
Kroda
Legion
Likvann
Lucifugum
Lustre
M8L8TH
Marduk
Mayhemic Truth
Mayhem
Menhir
Mgła
Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra
Moloch (Ukr)
Monarque
Moonblood
Moravská Zima
Mordaehoth
Munruthel
Mutilation
Myling
Nåstrond
Naer Mataron
Nargaroth
Navjarmaahr
Nawaharjan
Nécropole
Nibelheim Moonlight
Nitberg
Nocternity
Noenum
Nokturnal Mortum
Nordreich
Norman Shores
Odal
Orlok
Opfer Rassenhass
Osculum Infame
Order Of The White Hand
Pagan Blood
Pagan Temple
Paganblut
Pantheon
Peste Noire
Pest (Ger)
Pest (Fin)
Pest (Swe)
Raven Dark
Ravensblood
Rotting Christ
Rundagor
Sacrificia Mortuorum
Sargeist
Satanic Warmaster
Satans Elite Kommando
Satyricon
Setherial
Skaur
Sorcier des Glaces
Summoning
Sombre Chemin
Stolthet
Stridsmenn
Svartrit
Syny Severa
Taake
Tank Genocide
Temnozor
The True Werwolf
Thor's Hammer
Thunderbolt
Totenburg
Triskèle
Urfaust
Vaettir
Vargathrone
Vargleide
Veles
Velimor
Vreid
Warage
Warloghe
Werewolf
Wehrhammer
Windir
Wojnar
Wolfkrieg
Wolfnacht
Wolfenhords
Woods of Fallen
Woodtemple
Wotan Sølv
Wotanorden
Wulfhere
Wyrd
Xantatol
Xenophobia
Zagharos
Zépülkr
Zgard
Zyklon - B

:)

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:35 am 

Upon looking that list....

Antifa needs to realize that being proud of your heritage/culture is not the same as White Pride (or other forms of racism). Everyone needs to go check out the statement made by Uada. Very well worded and wasn't 100% Antifa bashing like most have done.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:16 am 

That list that's been circulating has got to be a troll. Fucking Summoning, lol

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:39 pm 

Looks like they should have been protesting another band or 2 that was at the show, learn your own list you scrubs! I find it really funny that a lot of the bands on the list have been broken up for years and or are literally dead.

Taorluath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:19 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
That list that's been circulating has got to be a troll. Fucking Summoning, lol

From the Summoning page on MA:
"Summoning was part of the Austrian Black Metal Syndicate, along with Pervertum, Trifixion, Pazuzu, Golden Dawn and Abigor."

I dont know the other bands that well but Abigor is listed as well. And Silenius was in Abigor. Didnt someone from Absurd do some vocals for Abigor? Golden Dawn is the name of a neonazi party in Greece. Not that any of this really means Summoning is fascist. But they are to anitfa. I dont think this list is troll at all. I think this is how ridiculous it can get.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3