Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:13 pm 

Cattle Decapitation
King Parrot
Black Crown Initiate
Dark Sermon

Quote:
Spoiler: show
The Anthropocene Extinction is NOW STREAMING IN ITS ENTIRETY AT LOUDWIRE.COM! "North American Extinction" headlining tour with King Parrot, Black Crown Initiate and Dark Sermon announced!

With the official unveiling of The Anthropocene Extinction, the long-anticipated new full-length from San Diego deathgrind tacticians, CATTLE DECAPITATION, now just five days away, today mega metal portal, Loudwire, is pleased to scathe ears with a stream of the record in its venomous entirety.
Already reaping accolades from critics both stateside and abroad, in a recent 8/10 review of the record, Decibel Magazine commends, “abundant hooks, extremity meeting musicality, a diverse vocal performance, am almost surprisingly bittersweet tone, and hairpin temp shifts,” furthering, “there’s always been a fine line between extremity and listenability and CATTLE DECAPITATION have marvelously tiptoed that line again… their command of craft has never been better.” In a near-perfect 9.5/10 rating Headbang Or GTFO gushes, “The Anthropocene Extinction is a phenomenal album… easily one of the best releases of the year… Intense, riveting and chilling. Something new we can worship and gawk about for the next couple of years.” Metal Hammer concurs, issuing in a 9/10 score, “CATTLE DECAPITATION have taken a big risk, tried something new, and done something brilliantly horrific in the process. Awesomely fun and catchy, yes, but still viciously upsetting,” while Dead Rhetoric, in a 9.5/10 rating, hails a record that, “reworks their best qualities in ways that allow them to blossom in fiendish and darker dimensions. Crushing from start to finish; what you may not expect is how frequently the music will embed itself into your earholes. Continuing to raise the bar for extreme music, The Anthropocene Extinction is a certain highlight of 2015 so far and not to be missed.”

Witness The Anthropocene Extinction alongside a thorough track-by-track breakdown of the record by vocalist Travis Ryan at http://goo.gl/N1RIam.

In related news, CATTLE DECAPITATION today confirms their North American headlining tour this Fall. The trek will commence on September 19th and run through October 7th with additional dates to be announced in the coming weeks. Support will be provided by Australian grind miscreants, King Parrot, Pennsylvania progressive death metallers, Black Crown Initiate, and Florida metal assault, Dark Sermon. The tour follows the band’s appearance on this year’s edition of the Summer Slaughter tour currently underway. See all confirmed CATTLE DECAPITATION live dates below.

Spoiler: show
CATTLE DECAPITATION on The Summer Slaughter Tour w/ Arch Enemy, Born Of Osiris, Veil Of Maya, The Acacia Strain, Obscura, Beyond Creation [remaining dates]:
8/03/2015 The Northland Performing Arts Center – Columbus, OH
8/04/2015 Chameleon Club – Lancaster, PA **
8/05/2015 Electric Factory – Philadelphia, PA
8/06/2015 Club 77 – Hamilton, ON
8/07/2015 Heavy MTL* – Montreal, QC
8/08/2015 The Palladium – Worcester, MA
8/09/2015 Starland Ballroom – Sayreville, NJ
8/10/2015 The Chance – Poughkeepsie, NY **
8/12/2015 Webster Hall – New York, NY w/ The All Stars Tour
8/13/2015 Ram’s Head Live – Baltimore, MD
8/14/2015 Gwar-B-Q Fest – Richmond, VA
8/15/2015 The International – Knoxville, TN
8/16/2015 Siberia – New Orleans, LA ** [info]
8/17/2015 Gas Monkey Live! – Dallas, TX
8/18/2015 Empire Control Room & Garage – Austin, TX
8/19/2015 Tricky Fall’s – El Paso, TX **
8/20/2015 The Marquee – Tempe, AZ
8/21/2015 House of Blues – San Diego, CA
8/22/2015 City National Grove Of Anaheim – Anaheim, CA
8/23/2015 The Regency Ballroom – San Francisco, CA
8/24/2015 Regent Theater – Los Angeles, CA

** CATTLE DECAPITATION headlining show w/ Beyond Creation

CATTLE DECAPITATION Headlining Tour
The North American Extinction Tour 2015:
w/ King Parrot, Black Crown Initiate, Dark Sermon:

9/15/2015 Boardwalk - Sacramento, CA
9/16/2015 Analog - Portland, OR
9/17/2015 El Corazon - Seattle, WA
9/18/2015 Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, BC
9/19/2015 Level - Kelowna, BC
9/20/2015 Nite Owl - Calgary, AB
9/21/2015 Starlite - Edmonton, AB
9/22/2015 Exchange - Regina, SK
9/23/2015 The Zoo - Winnipeg, MB
9/24/2015 Q & Z Center - Ringle, WI
9/25/2015 Reggie's - Chicago, IL
9/26/2015 Mac's - Lansing, MI
9/27/2015 Hard Luck - Toronto, ON
9/28/2015 Mavericks - Ottawa, ON
9/29/2015 L'Anti - Quebec City, QC
10/1/2015 Club Metronome - Burlington, VT
10/7/2015 Masquerade - Atlanta, GA

More dates to be announced soon!!!!!

Captured by Dave Otero (Allegaeon, Cephalic Carnage) at Flatline Audio in Denver, Colorado, The Anthropocene Extinction serves as CATTLE DECAPITATION‘s most sonically and thematically captivating record to date. With The Anthropocene Extinction we are transported forward to man’s last gasps in the band’s trademark “turning the tables” approach that mirrors what is happening in the Pacific Ocean: The birds and aquatic wildlife are mistaking the vast amounts of man-made plastic items for food, ingesting it and are dying in large numbers, rotting where they fall and exposing to the world what is happening to the ecosystems of the earth’s oceans – the most unknown and unexplored part of our planet – and the domino effect that will result… The Anthropocene Extinction.
CATTLE DECAPITATION‘s The Anthropocene Extinction includes guest appearances from iconic frontman Philip H. Anselmo, Tristan Shone/Author & Punisher and Bethlehem’s Mr. Jurgen Bartsch and will see official unveiling on August 7th, 2015. For preorder bundles visit metalblade.com/cattledecapitation.

Whew, another September NA tour. I might have to start skipping some now since there's so many now. Here we go.

Big fan of Cattle Decapitation's previously 2 latest (never heard the new 2 latest).I'm sure I'll like the newest as well. King Parrot is pretty cool (also didn't hear their latest). They're awesome live and it would be cool to see them now that I know that. Black Crown Initiate will impress anyone who likes prog death. I think I've only seen them once but I've skipped them twice (tours that didn't interest me) and they dropped off a tour once. They just keep coming back. Finally, Dark Sermon. Formally a fantastic blackened melodic deathcore band. But it sounds like their new stuff is a more watered down death metal sound which is a lot more boring. My impression of them will be proportional to how many new songs they play.

One other comment. I feel like the announcement of this tour means there won't be a Canadian Summer Slaughter tour (aside from the fact that Summer is almost over). I think Cattle Decapitation, After the Burial, and Obscura were the most likely candidates from the US version who could have been on the Canadian version (having not played in Canada for a while). After the Burial lost a guitarist, Obscura couldn't get into the continent, and Cattle Decapitation is now announcing this.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:33 pm 

Is no one else going to this?

The tour kicked off a few days ago. I'll be checking it out in a few days. I'm really excited to see what shenanigans King Parrot gets up to and also just how brutal of a set Cattle Decapitation can deliver.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:46 am 

I'm skipping this because Cattle Decapitation is coming back like a month later with Cannibal Corpse.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:43 am 

Oh, I didn't know they would be hitting any place twice. Yeah I guess that one is better because of Cannibal Corpse, though I'm not a huge fan of Soreption (even after having just seen then a couple weeks ago). I still want to see Dark Sermon though after missing them last time.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:56 pm 

Well it isn't the same venue, it's actually like 45 minutes away out in the suburbs (closer to me :-D) so there's that I guess. But yeah I have a feeling the show with CC will be better too, plus I'm not a huge fan of theirs so if I get tired I can just bail which is always nice.

Azmodes wrote:

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:36 pm 

Have you heard their latest 2 albums? I think most of their early stuff is forgettable but they really amazed me with their last 2.

My only gripe with CC would be that that show would probably be jampacked where I am since there aren't very many bigger venues. This way, I can enjoy all of these bands a bit more. I still want to see CC since I missed them in 2013 because of work and earlier this year since I was burnt out from shows (and the show ended up selling out anyways).

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:00 pm 

No I haven't bothered listening to them, I probably should give them at least a cursiorory listen though so I don't look like a fucking knob at the show. I doubt it will be packed by me either, the venue doesn't typically host metal gigs and nobody really knows about it.

Azmodes wrote:

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:07 pm 

Check this one out, called "Prophets of Loss" from their new album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDpe6uaFJD4

I'd recommend either of their latest 2 albums to any fan of death metal, no matter what end of the spectrum they're on. The kicker is that on their current headlining tour, I think all but 2 of their songs are off their latest 2 albums. Even with their decently sized backlog, they still know that their new stuff is a step above and that's what they play.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:33 pm 

Went to this yesterday, monday night, and just woke up from the nap I took after I came home and died after work on tuesday.

Black Sermon was up first. I was glad I got right up to the stage in front of the vocalist as he was really engaging. He had some sort of weird alter setup with candles, horns, and a (goat?) skull. His vocals live sound exactly as they do on their new record. I guess I wasn't headbanging hard enough because at some point he walked over, put his hand on top of my head, and lightly guided me to head bang harder. Great set, just wish I could have seen them once before their new album came out since they had a relatively large style shift.

Black Crown Initiate. I've seen these guys once, skipped them once or twice, and had them drop off a tour once. It's my first time seeing them since their new album came out. They're pretty standard. Tight players who will play the music very well. The drummer is particularly of note. His drumming is spot on live.

King Parrot next. If you go to this show and you stand along the back or side with your arms crossed, at some point, the King Parrot vocalist will either call you a pussy or push you into the pit himself when he eventually jumps in with his wireless mic. The guy is crazy but it makes for a really energetic show. No one knew who they were there (I knew them since I saw them live once, but it was amidst like 8 tech death bands so most people forgot them) and yet they still loved the show. The King Parrot vocalist also grabbed my head and made me headbang harder not once, but twice.

The last band was of course, Cattle Decapitation. I gotta say, they were probably my least favorite set even though I like their music the most. The drummer seemed to struggle a bit with his parts (it also seemed like the snare volume may have been turned down to hide mistakes). Travis never really engaged anyone. Although, his vocals are amazing live. All of the inhuman sounds he makes in the studio come out the same way live.

Great show. But it being on a monday and with both Dark Sermon and King Parrot's vocalists forcing me to headbang harder as well as Cattle Decapitation having incredibly fast and heavy music to head bang too, my neck is tired and I am tired. Revocation in 2 days, bring it.

Setlists on setlist fm.

Reply to topic