Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:13 pm 

Sepultura 30 Years Anniversary Tour

Sepultura with Destruction, Arsis, Boris the Blade, The Last Ten Seconds of Life, Micawber, and Starkill.

Quote:
What's up United States and Canada! Metal Injection presents Sepultura 30th anniversary North American tour.
We can't wait to travel in time through our history with our fans in US and Canada!
Sepultura joins forces with the mighty Destruction, and invites Arsis, Boris the Blade, The Last Ten Seconds of Life, MICAWBER, and Starkilll to join them in this celebration.
5/9/2015 Las Vegas, NV Rock In Rio*
5/10/2015 Phoenix, AZ Joe's Grotto
5/11/2015 West Hollywood, CA The Whisky
5/12/2015 Sacramento, CA Ace of Spades
5/13/2015 Portland, OR Bossonova Ballroom
5/14/2015 Seattle, WA Studio Seven
5/15/2015 Vancouver, BC Rickshaw Theater
5/16/2015 Edmonton, AB Starlite Room
5/17/2015 Billings, MT Pub Station
5/19/2015 Winnipeg, MB Zoo Cabaret
5/20/2015 Minneapolis, MN The Amsterdam
5/21/2015 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon
5/22/2015 Chicago, IL Reggie’s
5/23/2015 Louisville, KY Expo Five
5/24/2015 Kokomo, IN Centerstage Bar & Grill
5/26/2015 Grand Rapids, MI The Pyramid Scheme
5/28/2015 Toronto, ON Opera House
5/29/2015 Montreal, QC Club Soda
5/30/2015 New York, NY Webster Hall
5/31/2015 Manchester, NH Jewel Nightclub
6/1/2015 Baltimore, MD Ottobar
6/2/2015 Norfolk, VA The NorVa
6/3/2015 Jacksonville, NC Hooligans Music Hall
6/4/2015 Atlanta, GA The Masquerade
6/5/2015 Fort Lauderdale, FL Culture Room
6/6/2015 New Orleans, LA Publiq House
6/7/2015 Houston, TX BFE Rock Club
6/8/2015 Fort Worth, TX The Rail Club
6/10/2015 Austin, TX Empire Garage
6/11/2015 McAllen, TX Cine El Rey
6/12/2015 Albuquerque, NM Sunshine Theater
6/13/2005 Denver, CO Summit Music Hall
6/14/2005 Grand Junction, CO Mesa Theater
*SEPULTURA Only

This is definitely a tricky one... Let's start from the top. I've hardly heard Sepultura at all, they're just not my flavor. It kinda sucks since they're headlining, but there's enough other good stuff to make the tour worth it. Destruction I haven't seen (and also haven't heard too too much from) but from what I do know, I really like, and have been really wanting to see a fast thrash band for a while (not too many thrash bands come to Edmonton). Arsis I've seen thrice and this would make it 4 times which would be the most times I've seen any band

Boris the Blade I think is some kind of deathcore band? If I remember right, they're not my favored kind of deathcore. I'm gonna assume Micawber fits in the same category. The Last Ten Seconds of Life is good deathcore, but I still don't know them all too well. Starkill I've seen twice (and coincidentally both times I have seen them have been with Arsis, so this would be the third time I've seen Starkill with Arsis,). They're an ok band.. Nothing to write home about but not bad by any means.

This show is 3 days after Ensiferum/Korpiklaani/TrollFest and 4 days after Kamelot/DragonForce and I'm really starting to get sick of these shitty touring dates. There were 3 shows in 5 days in January, a blackout, 5 shows in 5 days in February, a small break, and then another 3 in 4 days with another blackout. I still am going to try to make it to all 3 of these but all these shitty dates is starting to become a hassle, made really annoying by a simple 9-5 work schedule. At least this show will be on a Saturday.

I've typed way to much already so I'll leave it at that.

Edit: P.S. This tour is presented by Metal Injection. They are the shittiest, most angst-edgy controversial, click-baity metal journal (and I use the word journal liberally) that exists. They can eat a dick, shit it out, and put it right back in. That is all.

Last edited by Indecency on Sat May 23, 2015 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:37 pm 

On one hand I'd like to see Destruction again, on the other hand none of the other bands interest me.

I'd honestly be more excited if Soulfly or Cavalera Conspiracy were the headliners. At least I'd be able to hear more heartfelt renditions of Sepultura songs with two guitarists.

mankvill
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:34 pm 

Christ, Micawber plays here in Kansas City so much that they open for local bands.

The Last Ten Seconds Of Life and Boris The Blade are really, really bad. Starkill is kind of cool. I'm a huge Arsis fanboy so I'd go mainly for them, but Destruction is legit too.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:35 pm 

The only band here I like is starkill. Great band but already saw them with wintersun and I rather not go to a concert just for the opener.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:36 pm 

Was that Wintersun/Fleshgod Apocalypse/Arsis/Starkill?

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:07 pm 

Yes it was and I just looked more closely and notice starkill isn't even playing in my city. Lol.

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:05 pm 

I know new Sepultura gets shat on by almost everyone, but they are easily one of the best live bands I have ever seen. Cavalera or not, Derrick is a goddamn top notch performer, and their current drummer is amazing!

DementedAgression7
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:36 pm 

Check out Micawber who will be opening the first part of the tour. You can listen to their new album here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgE0l1HDBt0.

DementedAgression7
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:39 pm 

mankvill wrote:
Christ, Micawber plays here in Kansas City so much that they open for local bands.

The Last Ten Seconds Of Life and Boris The Blade are really, really bad. Starkill is kind of cool. I'm a huge Arsis fanboy so I'd go mainly for them, but Destruction is legit too.

Now look at where Micawber is. They are opening for fucking Sepultura. They opened up for Dying Fetus a few years back. They really need to get signed. Such an underrated band from Wisconsin aka where I'm from.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 pm 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Yes it was and I just looked more closely and notice starkill isn't even playing in my city. Lol.

Shit, I never even noticed the fine print. Looks like I'm missing both The Last Ten Seconds of Life and Starkill.

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:24 pm 

When I saw Destruction and Arsis in the title, I got all excited, only to find that pretty much none of the other bands interest me (and nothing Sepultura has done since 1989 has been my bag, either). Not worth it.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:52 pm 

I've seen listened to Boris the Blade and Micawber and I actually really enjoyed the both of them. Boris the Blaade is quite simply technical brutal deathcore. Micawber is sort of a technical death metal band with hints of melody here and there. I definitely like these 2 bands more than The Last Ten Seconds of Life and Starkill, even though I've seen Starkill twice and heard their debut quite a lot. It's really just now a matter of Sepultura having to perform as I will definitely enjoy the rest.

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:13 pm 

Here is a recent set from Sepultura.... yeah... If its anything like this I think I'm going...

The Vatican
Kairos
Propaganda
Breed Apart
Manipulation of Tragedy
Dead Embryonic Cells
Mind War
Convicted in Life
Attitude
Dialog
From the Past Comes the Storms
Inner Self
Territory
Arise
Refuse/Resist
--------------------
Encore:
The Curse
Bestial Devastation
The Hunt (New Model Army cover) (first verse and bridge only)
Primitive Future
Ratamahatta
Roots Bloody Roots

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 pm 

I'd want to hear mostly new stuff from them (or the late end of their death thrash era, before they started the groove). I never got into them in the past so I have no personal records with them.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:45 pm 

30 year anniversary? Does this mean only old stuff? :P Hah, I wish... that setlist is shit. Oh well.

Indecency wrote:
I'd want to hear mostly new stuff from them

.......................... :getout:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:17 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
30 year anniversary? Does this mean only old stuff? :P Hah, I wish... that setlist is shit. Oh well.

Indecency wrote:
I'd want to hear mostly new stuff from them

.......................... :getout:

Hey, sue me, I didn't hear them until very recently even though I've known about them. Their death thrash stuff is cool but except for their last 2 albums (mostly just the last), I don't like any of the groove stuff.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:07 am 

Anyone end up going to this one? I decided to skip it since I had already gone to 2 shows that week.

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:55 pm 

Where the fuck is Beneath The Remains on the setlist, or something like From The Past Comes The Storm? Or are they just leaving all that up to Cavalera Conspiracy now?

Reply to topic