Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:09 pm 

Yeah I didn't find Black Crown Djenty at all .. Progressive death metal seems perfectly suited for them. The show was fucking amazing though. black crown was more interesting than anything - their cleans were awesome. Inquisition was the band I mostly wanted to see and they fucking killed it just as I hoped they would. That band can do no wrong. 1349 had shit sound as expected and a tempo that was way too slow, but the bassist/vocalist/guitarist had awesome presence. Goatwhore was boring as fuck which I expected (powerchords and totally uninspired solos weeeeeee). Behemoth was fucking awesome though - despite being pushed up against the barracade and getting bruised ribs and totally crushed, it was awesome. Sound wasn't too great in the front row, but I heard it was studio quality from the back/balcony so that's okay - most huge bands are like that. An amazing show overall.

PS Dagon was cool enough to come out and chat with us for like 25 minutes before the show started, which was really nice of him. Really humble and interesting person to listen to. Even gave me some insight to an upcoming tour that inquisition is playing direct support in to a HUGE band (but I won't spoil anything).
Spoiler: show

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:19 pm 

That's pretty much how I'd picture any fan interaction with Dagon. And this tour you mentioned, is it hitting North America? I didn't see them with Behemoth because I'm tight on cash at the moment, so that'd be cool!

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:21 pm 

He actually rolled up his eyes like he was possessed but as many have pointed out it looks like hes super uninterested. It is a north american tour. They're going to have insane stage props and theatrics by the sounds of things.

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:09 pm 

That reminds me, it was hilarious when 1349 tossed their new single out to the crowd at my show (Tempe).

It was similar to a zookeeper tossing a piece of meat out to a pack of hungry lions. I probably wouldn't even have wanted it any more after having so many people tug and tear at it.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 am 

Fuck yeah Inquisition killed it as usual. They didn't stop playing in between songs at all because they wanted to squeeze as many songs (9) as possible into their short 40 minute set. The extra fast tempo of everything was great, especially interstellar genocide which they played at way faster pace than the recording.

I thought 1349 was also excellent, I don't listen to them much but recognized most songs. Their drummer fills in for Frost flawlessly. I was up on the balcony with my wife and the sound was loud and clear up there. Then the place started really filling up and going crazy for goatwhore, i just kept thinking wow you guys are fucking idiots for missing the opening bands.

Behemoth was waaay better than last time I saw them 5 or so years ago I was very surprised. I recognized their older songs but have only sampled their last 2 albums but I was head banging pretty much the whole time. Going to have to listen to their new stuff now because it seems to be a lot more interesting and blackened than demigod and apostasy which were both mostly boring to me.

Amazing show and oh yeah Black Crown Initiate wasn't bad at all either
EDIT: Inquisition placed "Nefarious Dismal Orations" as their 2nd song, not "Spiritual Plasma" as all these posted setlists are showing. So unless they just changed it up in Chicago I think everyone is wrong :)

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:48 pm 

The show was decent though me and Gnu missed the first two bands, kinda sad about Inquisition but whatever. There were way too many drunk ass holes in the pits for my liking which kind of killed it a bit. Goatwhore was fucking solid, best band of the night for me. Behemoth was pretty good and I thought 1349 was just kinda meh, but they haven't been all that good since the Hellfire days. All in all not a bad night even though we kept getting stalked by Guy Fieri.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

briantaylor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:43 am 

its great and interesting one thing..

click this link

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:30 am 

Indeed

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2