Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:23 pm 

I'm late to the party but I thought the Minnesota date was great. I'm not a big Skeletonwitch fan but I thought they seriously kicked ass.

I was happy to finally see Enslaved as I've missed them the last few times that they've played in the Twin Cities. Got myself one of the tour shirts with the olden style map on the back.

Amon Amarth always plays well, this is the 4th time I've seen them. I was completely disappointed by the new album but hearing the songs live was pretty cool. Kind of funny seeing Johan wearing his Under Armour cut off instead of being shirtless. I'm not going to hate on the guy for getting an endorsement, they've put in their time and have earned it I guess.

I have to say though, I was mightily impressed by the sound at Mill City Nights. That's the first show I've seen at that venue and you could hear all of the instruments and especially the vocals (when the mics worked). I'm guessing it has to do with the hanging PA that they have there coupled with the fact that I was in the balcony. It's weird, because I've mostly heard negative reviews of the sound at Mill City Nights from my friends. How was the sound on the floor level for those of you who attended?

VariedTastes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:28 pm 

The sound was pretty good at ground level. Probably one of the better sounding shows I've seen. I looked at the reviews for Mill City and was pretty apprehensive, but everything was solid.

As for Johan "Underarmor" Hegg, what was up with that? I noticed that almost immediately because I was up at the front left. Does he really have an endorsement deal with them? 'Cause if so, where are my commercials with Hegg pillaging a village in under armor?

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:02 pm 

This was my first time seeing all of these guys.

Skeletonwitch was fucking great, but the sound just bounced around so much because the place was huge.

Enslaved was different, the crowd got calmer for them but started tearing shit up near the end of their set. I got sucked into their set, it was almost hypnotic.

I was expecting Amon Amarth to kind of suck since most of their setlist was from fairly recent material, but they fucking dominated. I was in the pit with dudes literally twice my weight and it was one of the strongest performances I have seen. It really makes me wonder how they are when they perform their older material.

Everything hurts.

MeltedFace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:16 pm 

VariedTastes wrote:
The sound was pretty good at ground level. Probably one of the better sounding shows I've seen. I looked at the reviews for Mill City and was pretty apprehensive, but everything was solid.

As for Johan "Underarmor" Hegg, what was up with that? I noticed that almost immediately because I was up at the front left. Does he really have an endorsement deal with them? 'Cause if so, where are my commercials with Hegg pillaging a village in under armor?

Good to know I'm not going insane.

And yes, he is an official spokesperson for Under Armour now. Turns out he's actually the first musician that Under Armour has ever had an endorsement with.

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:37 am 

Can you tell me what were Enslaved selling? What kind of merch and/or music?

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:29 pm 

Enslaved had a few tour shirts and RIITIIR shirts. They had Vertebrae, Axima Ethica Odini, and RIITIIR. Then they had some round patches.

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:51 pm 

Thanks a lot!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3