Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ThrashingTheRedemer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:39 pm 

Is this still going ahead? The original date earlier this year was pushed back to November 2013 due to visa issues. Does anyone know if the below message (on the Manning Bar website) relates to that earlier push-back or the current situation?

The response to the announcement of this tour has been overwhelmingly positive and we thank you all.

We have however, recently hit a roadblock. Australia’s Immigration policies & procedures are constantly changing & updating and is quite simply something we must work around when booking a tour. Unfortunately we have found ourselves in a situation where complications have arisen due to changes with the Entertainment Visa requirements. That means that there is a good chance the Visas for Enslaved would not have been approved & sorted in time for this tour. This is quite simply an unfortunate circumstance which could not have been predicted and now must be worked around.

The Department of Immigration & Citizenship have been very understanding & helpful in assisting us in this matter however no guaranteed solution to this problem could be offered to us. The team here at LAVA Entertainment are quite simply not prepared to let a single thing stop this tour from happening. To us, this tour simply must happen! It has been agreed by all involved with this tour that pushing the shows back to a later date will be the best course of action to ensure that this tour can go ahead. We realize this means that fans who have been waiting years will have to wait a little longer to see Enslaved but we promise you that the wait will well & truly be worth it!
As tickets have gone on sale as planned all currently purchased tickets will still be valid & anyone who cannot make the new dates will be entitled to a full refund. We sincerely apologise to any fans who may be inconvenienced by these changes.

Orkblut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:27 pm 

Well i have my ticket to the Melbourne show on November 1st. Really looking forward to it.

Gonna be a bit shattered if it gets cancelled.

ThrashingTheRedemer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:12 pm 

Glad to report back that not only did the concert go ahead as scheduled, but after a 22 year wait, Enslaved were as magnificent as could be imagined. It felt like an avalanche of anvils. Crowd was not as packed as I would have thought though, can't help but think Manning Bar not removing that above message from their website might have played a part.

shwartzheim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:45 pm 

I was at the Sydney show last night too. Brilliant. Grutle is one of the coolest frontmen ever. Wasn't even that bothered by the lack of pre-2001 material. Worth the wait indeed.

Subterranean
http://www.reverbnation.com/subterraneanaust
http://www.soundcloud.com/subterraneanaust

Orkblut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:09 pm 

The Melbourne show on Friday was absolutly killer, the sound was so good. I really liked how the band did a signing after the show & had a chat with fans etc....I was glad to get my tour poster signed. I really wish i knew before hand so i could have got a couple of cds or dvd covers signed, ah well.

One of the best gigs i have been to this year (In Australia).

Reply to topic