Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:19 pm 

I don't know how many of you have been following Dark Tranquillity's Facebook page, but that North American tour they've been promising has finally been announced:

Dark Tranquillity, on Facebook wrote wrote:
That's right! We're bringing the "Construct" tour to USA and Canada in early 2014, and we're very pleased to announce that our good buddies in Omnium Gatherum are confirmed for the main support slot for all dates. This will be their first stateside tour and we know that they're eagerly awaited by many of you. We're also welcoming Exmortus from California as openers.

The complete list of dates can be found below, and tickets are already available for purchase via http://www.enterthevault.com. See you soon!

Band links:

DARK TRANQUILLITY: http://www.facebook.com/dtofficial
OMNIUM GATHERUM: http://www.facebook.com/omniumgatherumband
EXMORTUS: http://www.facebook.com/exmortusofficial

Tickets availabe now at:
http://enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=451

31-Jan San Juan, PR - La Respesta
1-Feb Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
2-Feb Baltimore, MD - Soundstage
3-Feb New York City, NY - Stage 48
4-Feb Worcester, MA - The Palladium
5-Feb Montreal, QU - FouFounes
6-Feb Quebec City, QU - Dagobert
7-Feb Ottawa, ON - Mavericks
8-Feb Toronto, ON - Opera House
9-Feb London, ON - London Concert Theater
10-Feb Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
11-Feb Columbus, OH - Shrunken Head
12-Feb Joliet, IL - Mojoes
13-Feb Lawrence, KS - Granada
14-Feb Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
15-Feb Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue
17-Feb Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theater
18-Feb Seattle, WA - El Corazon
19-Feb Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
21-Feb San Fransisco, CA - DNA Lounge
22-Feb West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
23-Feb Tempe, AZ - Club Red
25-Feb Dallas, TX - Trees
26-Feb Houston, TX - Scout Bar
28-Feb Louisville, KY - Diamond Pub and Billiards
1-Mar Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar
2-Mar Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero

I damn near had a heart attack not seeing Philadelphia on the list... but that's the very last stop on the tour. See you guys there.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:50 pm 

I'll be living in Olympia at my college when they hit the northwest. Meaning it's an even trip to both Portland and Seattle, so I have two options.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:08 pm 

Oh shit! Omnium Gatherum! Another band off my short list of "bands I wish would tour sometime soon" :) With none other than Dark Tranquility - this should be a good night. Definitely gonna be at the Baltimore show. Marking my calendar now :P

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:50 pm 

Damnit why Joliet!? Oh well guess I'll have to make the treck out there cause I'm not missing this. Thanks for posting I never realized they were coming over here anytime soon.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 pm 

I'll probably go, I've never seen them live, I guess it's the right time now since the openers aren't as shitty as the last time.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 pm 

So I just spent the $70 to get the special meet and greet package at Mojoes. I'm so excited I can't believe it was only $60 for that kind of ticket. Needless to say my week has been made now just have to wait the 6 months.

Azmodes wrote:

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 am 

99% sure I'll be able to hit up this show when I'm in NY, along with Amon Amarth the day after - gonna be a kickass vacation. I want to be excited for this show, and I am for Omnium/Exmortus, but I can't really get into the more recent Dark Tranquility material at all. Does their live performance make up for the lack-lustre music?

Tuonela1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:07 am 

I'll be at a bunch of these shows.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:13 am 

There's a chance i catch them in January in Mexico City (another boring 5 hour trip). Too bad they bring Revocation as openers and not Exmortus or OG :/

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 pm 

Bumping this up since the tour kicks off next week. Has anybody seen their set list for the tour yet?

Azmodes wrote:

burnroasted
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:51 pm 

Anyone go to this?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:08 pm 

Yes. It was awesome, see here:

Azmodes wrote:

burnroasted
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:03 pm 

That's awesome. I'm going Sunday and its gonna be my first metal concert so that's good to hear.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:26 pm 

The show was pretty good, meeting the band aside, DT's sound was ok but not great and Mikael's vocals were pretty buried in the mix but those are venue issues and not the bands fault. Omnium Gatherum put on a good show and the crowd really enjoyed them I thought they were ok just not my thing but like I said they put on a good show. Exmortus had a really killer set and I'd never listened to the band before but they definitely kicked ass. I hung out with them for a few minutes after the show at their merch stand bought some stuff and got my cd signed. So yeah you should have a good time.

Azmodes wrote:

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:31 pm 

Exmortus was super fun. I thought OG was pretty boring, but I've never thought their music was anything special either. Plus I couldn't get over the fact that the lead singer looks like a blond Carrot Top. DT was great, even though it was my 7th time seeing them. A bit too much new stuff is my only complaint. Would love to see them come out and do a 20th anniversary Gallery tour, that would really be something special.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:53 pm 

Yeah that'd be super cool but I doubt it will happen. Hopefully though the tour had a good enough turn out that they will come back to North America soon, like in the next year or two. It'd be really nice to see them when they're not trying to promote a new(ish) album, I guess my only complaint with the band, as far as touring goes, is that they seem to have a pretty set in stone set list so you don't get a whole lot of variations, and while it is nice to hear the classics it would also be nice to not hear Punish My Heaven or Zodijackyl Light again (the latter they didn't even play here).

I'm curios as to how the turn out has been in other locations? It was on a Wednesday night here and I gota say I was super surprised ( and I think the bands were too) by how many people came out. Mojoe's isn't exactly a huge venue but the place was rather packed which is always nice to see.

Azmodes wrote:

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 pm 

I was really worried about turnout, too. Last time they came here (2010... holy shit has it been that long??) was a weekend and there were maybe 100 people at the show. This one was on a Tuesday and there were easily 300, I was really surprised. Even with that many, I feel like they would have to tour with other big-ish bands or on the strength of a new album to get any turnout. So yeah, don't see anything different anytime soon.

At the same time, I was convinced We Are The Void was going to be their last album so what the hell do I know.

burnroasted
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm 

Of course there had to be a snowstorm tonight so I can't go.

Reply to topic