Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:28 am 

Yeah, that actually makes sense.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:54 am 

If that same report shows up again under Deep Purple then we'll know it's SF01 writing all of them.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:50 am 

Could use a mod on this report. Something fishy is going on with the band, revolving around whether or not the band founder is deceased or not, and the possibility that a disgruntled former member has essentially fooled the internet into believing that the reclusive founder is dead. It reads like an American soap opera, but I'm hesitant to write it off, as too many things don't add up on either side of the argument.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:30 am 

Taken care of, with a request for a bit more info to correct it. Nothing seems right about that obituary and it's user-submitted, not even a proper publication, seven years after the fact... er, after the fiction.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:18 am 

I just love reports like this one where the reporting user can't even be bothered to tell us what's wrong. I mean, at least put in the minimal effort to link to the Facebook page for Christ's sake. :roll:

BastardHead wrote:

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:25 am 

Kick his ass, Morri.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 pm 

Could use some moderation on http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Aby ... 3540341195

There are multiple reports for the band going back and forth about if they are split are not. Some of the reports appear to be from band members, and no one is giving an actual source other than there word.

BastardHead wrote:

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm 

I'm laughing so hard at this one right now. Not like's it's never been said before - but it's two years after Lulu was released. For some reason that makes it even funnier at this point.

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/438893

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:29 pm 

^I don't get it?

BastardHead wrote:

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:33 pm 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
^I don't get it?

...You weren't around for the myriad of "I AM THE TABLE" jokes? :???: Just Google that phrase.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:47 pm 

I see a lot of reports in the queue asking us to update band and artist photos. Most of them are normal updates, usually the addition of the latest promo photo. There's also a good number of reports that want us to take down a normal photo and replace it with one that looks trve or kvlt, or with unnecessary borders/filters/etc. that I end up not changing. But this photo swap easily takes the ridiculous cake.

BastardHead wrote:

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 am 

I see a lot of reports in the queue asking us to update band and artist photos. Most of them are normal updates, usually the addition of the latest promo photo. There's also a good number of reports that want us to take down a normal photo and replace it with one that looks trve or kvlt, or with unnecessary borders/filters/etc. that I end up not changing. But this photo swap easily takes the ridiculous cake.

I saw that last night going through the cue. That did give me a little bit of a laugh. And I think I've seen it before.

Speaking of that - and sorry if it's been answered before but if there's a report to change an image which of course is labeled as "suggestion..." and it's not good, do we really have to ask for another or can we just close it? To keep the queue cleaner - can that just end it there? Hell, it's not like these are going to stop coming through any time soon but the user made a suggestion and it sucks, end of report.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 pm 

As with any bullshit or otherwise useless/incorrect report, you can simply close them if you'd like. But now that we can request input, it's better that we do. ... Especially with pics of outdated lineups, those reports are a lot more helpful than, say, "my band's 2013 promo pic" which might not even be better, and has the same lineup.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:12 pm 

Good to know. Though I guess it's mute on this one since someone else came through and closed it.

BastardHead wrote:

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:44 pm 

Next question. When closing out a report that has been marked as resolved, if the evidence listed is no longer accessible to double check the work, is it safe to just assume the person that handle the report did right? http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/410299 is the report in question.

BastardHead wrote:

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm 

Yet another reason to hate Myspace ... I guess that would depend on how "trustworthy" a user is, and it's not my place to say, but I think dantes is a good user and I, personally, would take his word for it. In this case I'll go ahead and ask the band through Facebook for verification.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 am 

I wrote:
As with any bullshit or otherwise useless/incorrect report, you can simply close them if you'd like.

Perfect example.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:21 am 

Next question. When closing out a report that has been marked as resolved, if the evidence listed is no longer accessible to double check the work, is it safe to just assume the person that handle the report did right? http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/410299 is the report in question.

Yeah, that's fine. There's not much we can do with them, so unless it sets off red flags, feel free to close reports like that.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:35 am 

So uh...do we credit photographers?

BastardHead wrote:

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:18 pm 

Under album lineups, sure, as "photography", if the booklets have band photos in them, but it's odd seeing an artist page with the company (?)'s name as the alias ... I think the photography credits should be credited to him, with the additional notes mentioning Metal Visions, and, as such, his artist page adjusted accordingly. As for the live photography (I'm guessing he means concert photos (?)), they shouldn't be there.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 pm 

Obscurum wrote:
Under album lineups, sure, as "photography", if the booklets have band photos in them, but it's odd seeing an artist page with the company (?)'s name as the alias ... I think the photography credits should be credited to him, with the additional notes mentioning Metal Visions, and, as such, his artist page adjusted accordingly. As for the live photography (I'm guessing he means concert photos (?)), they shouldn't be there.

This is interesting as I would disagree on both aspects here. I saw his numerous reports and it seems like any of his metal stuff is credited not to him but to Metal Visions. To me, that's the same concept as listing a band member by his stage name. And as for the live photography, he's referring to professional shots he's taken at concerts. The interesting part is that I really can't tell if they are authorized by the band or not - but I don't know if that matters as there are tons of photos here that bands don't know about. A lot of his shots actually fit what MA likes as a format. Whether his shots get used doesn't matter to me but they are good and compliment the site nicely. And if we use them I think we should credit him. It's the same concept of taking a photo off a band page with a watermark on it - except this guy doesn't watermark his shots. Unless someone of course thinks this opens up a whole can of worms we don't want to get in to.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm 

Any mod want to play band counselor? Apparently someone is leaking tracks or some nonsense.

BastardHead wrote:

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:54 am 

Any mod want to play band counselor? Apparently someone is leaking tracks or some nonsense.

Speaking of this, at the same time we can hold an intervention for Michael Collins

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/441175

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:03 am 

This one is going to be a pain the balls. There's some deep animosity between the two sides of this band. The guys that left are releasing music on SH's label as the band. But the existing members are also planning releases under the SH name. I don't know if Technically there are two versions of this band though as both sides might consider themselves owners of the name.

The release in question is on the band's label under their name but released by the dudes no longer listed here as members of the band. As a release, it's real but the question really is, where does it belong?

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:10 pm 

Well, we have two Queensrÿches. If it's a valid release, I suppose we could always have two Sutekh Hexens.

BastardHead wrote:

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:39 am 

^ Yep, or even three... That EP looks bit weird though, four tracks, all of which are exactly 5:00?

Anyway, I doubt it'll be as bad as you think. I've already tried asking them stuff but looks like they don't always read all of their reports. I could always try contacting them directly.

[edit:] emailed both sides.

theunrelentingattack wrote:
Obscurum wrote:

This is interesting as I would disagree on both aspects here. I saw his numerous reports and it seems like any of his metal stuff is credited not to him but to Metal Visions. To me, that's the same concept as listing a band member by his stage name. And as for the live photography, he's referring to professional shots he's taken at concerts. The interesting part is that I really can't tell if they are authorized by the band or not - but I don't know if that matters as there are tons of photos here that bands don't know about. A lot of his shots actually fit what MA likes as a format. Whether his shots get used doesn't matter to me but they are good and compliment the site nicely. And if we use them I think we should credit him. It's the same concept of taking a photo off a band page with a watermark on it - except this guy doesn't watermark his shots. Unless someone of course thinks this opens up a whole can of worms we don't want to get in to.

Yep. I adjusted the artist page in question.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 pm 

RonimuZ wrote:
^ Yep, or even three... That EP looks bit weird though, four tracks, all of which are exactly 5:00?

Anyway, I doubt it'll be as bad as you think. I've already tried asking them stuff but looks like they don't always read all of their reports. I could always try contacting them directly.

[edit:] emailed both sides.

The tape is legit - http://wandsrecords.blogspot.com/ - and while I don't own it, I have heard it. If they aren't 5 minutes exactly, they are close enough that it seems right to me. They're an odd band at times.

Anyway - if it helps - the next release on Wands (which is their label) happens to be billed under the name of the two members rather than Sutekh Hexen.

http://wands.bigcartel.com/product/scot ... closure-cs

It's also called No Closure which would probably be a nod to what's going on with the band right now.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:29 am 

Ok. So one of the former band members responded, but failed to actually answer any of the questions we asked, instead opting to point out the well established point of the current members reworking the music of the former members. RonimuZ, you said you emailed both parties involved. Did they answer at all, or should we request that they actually give a response to the questions asked instead of repeating their claims of plagiarism?

BastardHead wrote:

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:42 am 

^ I got a reply from the Kevin Gan Yuen side, it was quite general, so nothing on plagiarism, I think, but I'll re-read later.

So, who is kif_master supposed to be? A label person? I didn't actually find Scott Miller's contact information, so I contacted the label which seems to be quite involved (no reply at least yet). Anyway, has anyone investigated the plagiarism thing more closely? The tracks of the EP released by Miller & Wands are being reworked by the other side, but not yet released (outside Soundcloud)?

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:42 am 

RonimuZ wrote:
^ I got a reply from the Kevin Gan Yuen side, it was quite general, so nothing on plagiarism, I think, but I'll re-read later.

So, who is kif_master supposed to be? A label person? I didn't actually find Scott Miller's contact information, so I contacted the label which seems to be quite involved (no reply at least yet). Anyway, has anyone investigated the plagiarism thing more closely? The tracks of the EP released by Miller & Wands are being reworked by the other side, but not yet released (outside Soundcloud)?

I'm familiar with the situation and it doesn't sound like typical plagarism to me. The band created songs written by Scott. They are unreleased right now. The two sides have a disagreement and split and Kevin decides to finish off the songs written by Scott and release them as SH material. That's what I gather from reading some stuff. That's not really plagarism at least yet. I mean if they come out and Scott isn't credited, maybe. But right now it's just unreleased band material i think.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 am 

This guy is going to file a report every day unless we whitewash his bad judgement

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/441661

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 am 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
This guy is going to file a report every day unless we whitewash his bad judgement

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/441661

Closed. Where does he say so?

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Where does he say so?

He's filed three reports on it in less than 48 hours. This particular report includes him stating that, if we won't remove the bands, he'll point whore in order to get the proper rank and permissions to delete the bands himself. He also tried to get us to white wash one of the bands, Fouldearth, back in 2011. Seems committed to being a pain in the ass.

BastardHead wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 pm 

Hmhmmm, banned as well then. I'll bookmark the artist page.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:31 pm 

After taking a look at some of the bands and labels he's involved with, I'm somewhat curious if he's trying to white wash those bands because they are not NS like some of his other ventures. Which makes me want to like him even less.

BastardHead wrote:

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:41 am 

The Sutekh Hexen thing. I really think that the current band page needs to be marked as split-up, and two new Sutekh Hexen pages need to be made for the Gan Yuen and Miller sides. Giving the page to one side and splitting the other seems like it'd get ugly, since there's no indication of who owns the name, who is truly "continuing the band", etc.

I looked around but found no contact for Scott Miller, and it appears that Kevin Gan Yuen is the one running their Facebook page, and is also the one that lists the official email of [email protected] as his contact in the original report.

I'm not entirely sure who kif_master is, but the account has been around since at least 2011, so I think that rules out the claim that it was a troll account from the original report. Additionally, the wording of the posts implies that kif_master is a member of the band, though not Miller or Gan Yuen, and sides with Miller in the argument. That causes me to think kif_master is Lee Camfield, but I could be wrong. There is also mention of a "Ron" in the signature of a rebuttal post by the Miller side on the report, so perhaps he is kif_master. Who knows.

RonimuZ, you said that Gan Yuen replied to your inquiries; can you summarize a bit of what he had to say? Cause all I've really gotten out of the Miller side on the report is "Fuck Kevin Gan Yuen". I'll try to get a reasonable answer out of them, but I'm placing more money on the Rapture coming first.

BastardHead wrote:

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:39 am 

I have contact with Kevin, and he's informed me the bitchfit with Scott Miller allegedly resulting in Kevin's old/inactive account here being sabotaged.

I've suggested he reregister here and offer his side of the story.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:46 am 

^ Yeah, can't he restore via email? How does that exactly work?

I've reached both sides by email, but Scott Miller hasn't messaged in detail at least yet. He said he was going to on Saturday, but my mail box is still empty...

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:55 pm 

I love the evidence field. It yields some fine gems from our user base.

BastardHead wrote:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:27 pm 

I love the evidence field. It yields some fine gems from our user base.

:lol:

The report queue is the next target as the band queue has been tamed and the review queue is easily manageable.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next