Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:42 pm 

500 now. Yes, that's right: 500.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:43 pm 

it probably doesn't constitute an emergency, but there's a fairly angry report here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 4/show/all

on a sidenote, I love how there's been under 400 reports in the queue for a coupla days now :)

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:25 pm 

Oh well, he's asking us to change actual instruments to bullshit and given us two completely dumb photos. Set the lineup to match facebook and the image stays unless they provide one that isn't stupid as shit

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:33 pm 

Seems to have been resolved, I've closed it. Move along, folks, nothing to see here.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:12 am 

Any of the staff want to take on the "Metal P0s3rs"?

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/477358/
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/477361/
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/477363/

Those all revolve around a guy claiming to be a member of a band in Morocco and this reporter is attempting to expose his lies. The poster is one of our typical metal drama queens, but for what it's worth, I looked around and did find inconsistency in the lineup, which I left in the second report that I flagged for a mod:

He was listed as a member even before V2 (http://v1.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=99627), though the current showing lineup is different from the V1 version, changed by Tuer at the request of a report by someone claiming to be this Master Blaster Blasphemer (http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/460574)

However, I'm not saying that equates to us being duped; that could very well just be the result of outdated info on some obscure band in the African desert. I was going to just leave it for a mod, but my post on that report brought even more posts with cries of "p0s3r" (though very likely all from user twareg666), as well as response from the Master Blaster Blasphemer account.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:32 pm 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:

Anyone at all? That second report has devolved into complete non-sense.

BastardHead wrote:

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:16 pm 

That second one is kind of fun.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:31 pm 

there's a documentary in all this somewhere...

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:06 pm 

It got even better. Collection lists are being compared now to determine just who is the tr00 metal fan. Apparently American bands are the stuff of p0sers.

BastardHead wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:11 am 

Anyone at all? That second report has devolved into complete non-sense.

I've closed this nonsense. See my closing post for details. I guess the lineup could be incorrect and some product of misconceptions/misunderstandings/made-up crap making the rounds online, but it seems difficult to get to the truth. Endless shouting matches in barely comprehensible English between DETHTOPOSERZ/NO U clowns are not going to help, though.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:53 am 

My daily entertainment is gone now. :( There were more "shut the fuck ups" per square inch than I've seen in a while. Clearly Azmodes is a fucking pos3r that doesn't respect the Moroccan metal scene either. :)

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:31 am 

Azmodes, perhaps you'd like to Dr. Phil another band argument before it gets out of hand.

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/482891
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/482240
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/482382

Same story we've seen multiple times before: Italian band Fingernails had a difference of opinion, and now has members forming two different strains of the same band (or at least I think so. They don't teach Italian in the Florida school system).

They have three Facebooks now, the "official" one seemingly run by the founder, the clone one run by a trio of band members, and whatever this is, which is also run by the band members.

Best I can tell:
-Maurizio "Angus" Bidoli, the founder and guitarist, claims that he dropped the other three members, and is now recording as Fingernails with "Bomber" Santoni, who played bass with Fingernails in the 80s.
-The other three members (Anthony Drago, Big Ricchard and Carlo el Charlo) are touring now as Fingernails, and claim that Angus quit the band of his own accord, and that they'd welcome him back with open arms.

Uncolored switched the lineup around yesterday to match Angus' claims, but I figured it should be brought up now before it goes any further.

Also, completely unrelated to the above nonsense, but this is now my favorite reason for wanting a page wiped.

BastardHead wrote:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:37 am 

Well they both clearly indicate that they don't associate with each other now. This would be another Tank I imagine. I can handle this once I get onto an actual computer.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/487949

I'm not entirely sure what this guy's trying to get at.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:05 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/487949

I'm not entirely sure what this guy's trying to get at.

Asti78 is one of my loyal anti-redundancy soldiers. What he is trying to say is that there were no other variants of the original LP pressing, so mentioning "black vinyl" in the additional notes is unnecessary.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:12 am 

Derigin wrote:
Well they both clearly indicate that they don't associate with each other now. This would be another Tank I imagine. I can handle this once I get onto an actual computer.

What was the decision here, because I just saw yet another report on this. Is the page on our site going to be the version stated as active, and run by the founder Bidoli? If so, I'll go ahead and close out the other four reports on this topic.

BastardHead wrote:

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:46 am 

Oh, wow. I've just noticed metal knights are now able to request input from any users, not just those involved with the report. Nice update! Out of interest, how long ago was this implemented? I haven't really been checking the report queue much lately.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:10 am 

Yesterday, I think. Fresh out the coding oven. Kudos to HB. :beer:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:21 am 

All queues are cleared for the first time in over two years including the REPORT queue. I can't believe my eyes.

Last.fm

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:47 pm 

Resolved: All reports have either been closed, or set back to unassigned so they can be properly addressed.
Assigned: Whittled away most of these. Either closed easy ones, reset them to unassigned if they'd been sitting for months/years, requested new input from whoever took assignment, or left them with whatever staffer had taken them. Looks like Tueur did the same.

BastardHead wrote:

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:53 pm 

So I ran across this report today.
Quote:
The page on Les Claypool (of Primus) lists several album contributions under Guest/Session and Misc. Staff, which were credited to a "Lester Claypool". However, Lester Claypool is an entirely different person and is NOT an alias of the Les Claypool of Primus fame, hence those references (to engineering and production credits for Suicidal Tendencies and Yngwie Malmsteen records) should be removed from Les Claypool's entry!

All these years I was under the impression that it was THE Les Claypool that engineered/produced those albums. The information on the internet is very vague and it could or could not be him. Other than speaking directly to Yngwie, Mike Muir or Les Claypool himself, what should be done with this?

Like your reviews?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:10 pm 

Seems a bit fishy. He cites some Discogs artist pages but that is hardly definitive. It is a visitor report so he probably won't respond to further queries. Would be worth digging a bit deeper, though.

Last.fm

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:17 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Seems a bit fishy. He cites some Discogs artist pages but that is hardly definitive. It is a visitor report so he probably won't respond to further queries. Would be worth digging a bit deeper, though.

I did dig a bit deeper and found just a post in a forum about it being a mistake. Here's the link to the forum post but the link to the blog that supposedly shows proof is gone.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-oth ... ol.686876/

Like your reviews?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 pm 

http://www.discogs.com/history?artist=L ... ool#latest
Quote:
I interviewed "Les Claypool", the guy linked to from the aliases link, and confirmed that he is not Lester Claypool, his name is actually Leslie Claypool.

http://web.archive.org/web/201202170911 ... music-biz/ (Internet Archive'd version of mjollnir's link)
Quote:
Mark Maggi:
November 16th, 2008 @ 10:42 am
I was going through some old L.P.s and found my Din – “Great Tradition” album. It was great listening to it again. The engineer is listed as Lester Claypool – is that the same Les Claypool from Primus? He would have been 20 years old at the time.

Mark,
No, the recording engineer Lester Claypool was NOT the Les Claypool from Primus.
–george

Doug Sclar:
December 10th, 2008 @ 12:04 am
I was an engineer who was involved with Rocshire for a short while. They were a total joke.

Lester Claypool was not the guy from Primus. He knew nothing and walked around trying to impress everybody he could telling him that he’d sign them to the label.

Also, well, Primus Claypool's first name is Leslie, not Lester.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:24 pm 

Then those entries shall be removed.

Like your reviews?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:30 pm 

yes, they should, and a warning put up on each artist page

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:39 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
yes, they should, and a warning put up on each artist page

I think you need to do that. I can't wee where I can.

Like your reviews?

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:30 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/517032

This guy needs some attention. He appears upset that we list two releases on the site that he claims were only previews/samplers of upcoming works on bandcamp, but we have listed them as legitimate digital releases. He's filed multiple reports, all of which Diamhea has reviewed and closed, but he's still persisting. If no one is going to remove the albums or converse with him further, please ban him, as he has taken to pleading his case by editing the band's additional notes field to show his complaints against us.

BastardHead wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:45 pm 

Posted and directed his attention to said report with a warning.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:36 pm 

I talked to romvilla (who added the releases) just to clarify everything some time ago. He said they were valid releases at the time he added them. Which is all I needed to know, the band can continue their revisionist BS all they want, just close all of the reports.

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:43 am 

Calling all hands, need help with the report queue. Please try to help me clear out the stagnated entries. Let's try and get this back under 100 again, its quickly snowballing.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:01 am 

-22 reports dating 08/01/16. I'm off for now.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:32 am 

Those were just the typical daily reports, not the ~170 logjammed that we need to deal with.

We need to focus on older reports to clear out the blockage. It is starting to snowball again. We must prioritize this.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:07 pm 

Ok. I've either closed or asked for further input on all remaining 2015 reports. Hopefully we can close most of these out in the next few days.

BastardHead wrote:

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:39 pm 

The same goes with resolved reports, the oldest one stroke its roots in April, 2015.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:17 pm 

Ok, more comprehensive updates:
-Main Queue: Everything before 2016 either closed or tapped for further input
-Assigned queue: Reset some of these to main queue because of erroneous assignments, closed out some of those that had been responded to, or poked the person that took it if they had been sitting for a long time
-Resolved: Checked and closed these out, or set them back to unassigned if they had not been completed. This queue is now empty.

BastardHead wrote:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:43 am 

Well done MCH, but as you can see one bad night and we were mid 200s again.

I'm trying to pare this down but I can't do it on my own.

Last.fm

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:44 am 

Tueur seems to have disappeared on us, which likely is contributing to the stagnation in the queue. He was pretty active with it.

BastardHead wrote:

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:02 pm 

I handled a couple more than usually today.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:35 pm 

Tueur seems to have disappeared on us, which likely is contributing to the stagnation in the queue. He was pretty active with it.

He hasn't been regularly active for at least a year.

It's mainly the same few of us handling reports, as it has always been.

Last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next