Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9806
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:45 am 
 

I second what Azmodes said.

Also, if that single is not valid, nuke it, reviews or not. Sorry, but people should expect invalid releases to not stay long...
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am
Posts: 2785
Location: A step closer to home
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 am 
 

Contributing a bit to discussion here...I thought the main purpose of the lyrical themes was to allow people to search for bands with lyrics they're interested in - honestly they don't serve much of a real purpose just sitting there on the band page like they do when you go directly to a band's page. By that logic, including bands who don't use lyrical themes would basically be messing up that entire function of the lyrical themes field, since it'd be clogged up with bands who were only gory or religious in imagery rather than lyrics.

It's also worth noting that the band's themes beyond lyrics (i.e. their song titles and album covers) are usually quite obvious, so taking this into account when naming lyrical themes seems silly. The meaning of a song title alone, especially with no accompanying lyrics, is usually extremely obvious - there's no possible way you could interpret "Pee on Me, Amputee" to be about anything other than "fetishes, urophilia". It'd be like having a number at the top of the page saying "number of band members" or "artists who have contributed to album artwork": a quick reference, sure, but an absolutely necessary one? No, of course not - in the absence of written lyrics, a lyrical field does not provide any extra information which could not be ascertained with a minute's worth of effort.

And what about a case where a band has a song title completely unrelated to the lyrical content within? In this case, it would technically only be conjecture to base the lyrical theme off of the titles, since (for example) The Red Chord's "Black Santa" is neither about African-Americans nor Santa Claus, but it's not about "nonsense" either. Would it really be worth the risk to simply jump to conclusions as to what the song was about without having the lyrics available?

If you want to document the "themes" of bands beyond their lyrics, rename the field to simply "themes" or something. But it seems silly to me, personally, to assign lyrical themes to bands which literally don't have lyrics. And I'm not suggesting that we go on a witch hunt for all the goregrind bands who neglect to use lyrics, obviously - only the ones who are explicitly confirmed by the artist themselves not to use them. You wouldn't tag a band as such simply because their album booklet lacked lyrics, of course; you can't assume that because they're not there, they don't exist, and I recognise that. However, I would possibly suggest encouraging people not to add lyrical themes unless they have an explicit statement from the artist confirming them, or if they have access to the lyrics. To me, basing lyrical themes off of song titles just seems like you're begging for potentially incorrect information.

(Sorry if this rambles a bit, I'm tired.)
_________________
Guitarpro77889 wrote:
which ones are mainstream cuz i will stop listening to them

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2722
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:45 pm 
 

As it stands now, what Az said is the valid and most reasonable way to go about it: lyrical themes for lyrics only. The problem is that the field is, rather, not one which is held to any specific standard nor one which we tend to view as full of imperative or relevant information. It tends to exist more as a loosely managed "keyword" search for the additional search. Beyond that, it simply seems that it is often used by bands and their fans to give a general idea about what the band is about... whether that follows with our policy of it being strictly for describing a style evident in the lyrics or not. And, I suppose, in other cases it's just used as a marketing tool ("my band is DARK and KULT") and that jazz.

Personally, given its use as a keyword search, I'd be inclined to suggest that perhaps we should drop the pretext of it being strictly for "lyrical content" and make it about "general themes." But then again, that would just make it more unruly, as users would complain about what makes a theme.

Top
 Profile  
Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 am
Posts: 378
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:30 am 
 

I asked Alhadis about this, but he wasn't sure either: this band was active for a certain number of years and then disbanded; some years later they performed a single show under a different name (but wasn't exactly a name change, apparently) ... Should the "Years active" field accommodate this? (1991-1996, 2003 (as Kemöth)) or perhaps (1991-1996, 2003) and then add to the additional notes (or rather leave in) that in 2003 the band was known as Kemöth? Also, would this apply to the artist pages for the band members as well (add it to them)?
_________________
... We shall piss on your graves, kill your women, rape your daughters and torture your soul until eternity ends.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2722
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 pm 
 

Tell it like it is.

Should be (1991-1996, 2003 (as Kemöth)). In the additional notes, explain how the band split-up in 1996, and then performed a single show in 2003 as Kemöth... pretty much what you just said.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 5018
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:21 pm 
 

Looks like tons of promo CDs have been removed as invalid releases. Andreass (http://www.metal-archives.com/users/AndreasS) has added a lot of them, and I see a few of his most recent adds have been deleted already.

Should this type of releases be removed? I'm pretty sure they should, but it seems like a lot of them have gotten out to the public. However, they tend to purely be intended as marketing tools of proper albums, without unique artwork or any unique material, but not sold like singles are. Is the artwork/sale differentiation a good guideline when they are promoting a proper album release? (obviously bands self-promoting this way it's basically a demo).

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ch ... dom/303611
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ch ... ter/303613

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 5018
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:30 am 
 

Is it preferable to have (bandname cover) in the tracklist or should it be mentioned in the additional notes? Seeing a bunch of reports of this and I'm not sure if there's an official preference.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 am 
 

In the tracklist. If it's a cover, but with a different name, add the () thing regardless but also explain in the additional notes.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Cursarion
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:56 am
Posts: 683
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:01 pm 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Looks like tons of promo CDs have been removed as invalid releases. Andreass (http://www.metal-archives.com/users/AndreasS) has added a lot of them, and I see a few of his most recent adds have been deleted already.

Should this type of releases be removed? I'm pretty sure they should, but it seems like a lot of them have gotten out to the public. However, they tend to purely be intended as marketing tools of proper albums, without unique artwork or any unique material, but not sold like singles are. Is the artwork/sale differentiation a good guideline when they are promoting a proper album release? (obviously bands self-promoting this way it's basically a demo).

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ch ... dom/303611
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ch ... ter/303613

Hmm, afaik neither of these are promos... Was there some other reason for their removal?
_________________
Known as RonimuZ from Nov 25th 2005 to Oct 28th 2013

Empä mie semmone ou niiku sie luulet

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 748
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:07 am 
 

For some reason, i've stumbled across a lot of artist roles as "Vocals (female)" lately. Seems kind of silly to put the "female" part on there as if your telling then apart fron the women who sing the male vocals. Is this something that should be removed? Or is that actually preferred?
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 am
Posts: 378
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:28 pm 
 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
For some reason, i've stumbled across a lot of artist roles as "Vocals (female)" lately. Seems kind of silly to put the "female" part on there as if your telling then apart fron the women who sing the male vocals. Is this something that should be removed? Or is that actually preferred?

Azmodes and myself feel that it's a bit redundant when you can easily tell the vocalist is female by her name or by the gender listed on her artist page, and very rarely do you see "Vocals (male)". He recommends to use "Vocals (female)" in rare cases such as when Fenriz did the "feminine" vocals on Goatlord. Things like that.
_________________
... We shall piss on your graves, kill your women, rape your daughters and torture your soul until eternity ends.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:15 am 
 

Artists with unlisted bands. If the unlisted band is on hiatus or status unknown, should the band be listed in the past bands section?

(Also, you guys should sticky this somewhere, or link to it so users know where to ask questions. Perhaps it can join the rejected bands, point whores, etc. threads stickied in the main forum.)
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3629
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:19 am 
 

No, leave them in the "active/last-known" tab.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9806
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:32 pm 
 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
For some reason, i've stumbled across a lot of artist roles as "Vocals (female)" lately. Seems kind of silly to put the "female" part on there as if your telling then apart fron the women who sing the male vocals. Is this something that should be removed? Or is that actually preferred?

"Vocals (female)" can be used when there is more than one vocalist, like both a male and a female or with a female guest (such as here, if the vocals are "female-sounding" (e.g. not standard death growls that happened to be performed by a woman) and/or the names are ambiguous. Not every female vocalist has an obviously female name (especially those using nicknames) , and it can be helpful to know the various styles of singing on the album. It's not mandatory to note, but it can be useful.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
HouseSpiders
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 396
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:04 am 
 

What should be done with Facebook links that work for some people but not for others? There's one of those at the moment. Should they be deleted or kept or even have a note added?
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/425136
_________________
vacca wrote:
"Pointwhoring is no fun. Pointwhoring endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today, stop the madness. There are better things in life."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 am 
 

Keep it.

It works fine for me too, btw. Might be a privacy settings thing.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:37 pm 
 

Do companies get artist pages? Hipgnosis was a British design company that made album covers for a ton of big name artists in the 70s and 80s, including a few artists on our site. Should this group, and others like it, have artist pages to catalogue their work, or should this info be listed in the additional notes section?
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:38 pm 
 

Yep, that's partially what the "unknown/other" value for gender is for. Such entities can be given their own entries. Another comparable thing would be orchestras.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 pm 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/8_Trak_Mind/4603

If a band featured on the site changes their name, or were known by a different name prior to being accepted to the site, should we be covering their line-ups for incarnations not on the site? The above link is a prime example; the band's only period of activity that qualifies for the site is the 2000-2002 period, but we have member line-ups all the way thru 2007, the end of their third incarnation.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 5018
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:04 am 
 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/8_Trak_Mind/4603

If a band featured on the site changes their name, or were known by a different name prior to being accepted to the site, should we be covering their line-ups for incarnations not on the site? The above link is a prime example; the band's only period of activity that qualifies for the site is the 2000-2002 period, but we have member line-ups all the way thru 2007, the end of their third incarnation.


Only for 2000-2002.

Funny that you should bring up 8 Trak Mind, they were a local band and I'm pretty sure they should be removed as they're an alt rock/hardcore-ish band, not metal. It's 2am here so I'll get the opinion of a moderator in another timezone. :P

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2722
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:05 am 
 

I mentioned this in IRC with Zodi, but I'll elaborate.

We go by the version that's in the Archive only; therefore, the line-up for the 2000-2002 period should be the only one on the site. That's usually the case with significant enough name changes/band changes, as this one. In which case, if the other incarnation(s) deserve band pages, they will have the line-ups on those pages... hypothetically speaking.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:15 am 
 

I went ahead and edited the line-up for now.

Zodijackyl wrote:
Funny that you should bring up 8 Trak Mind, they were a local band and I'm pretty sure they should be removed as they're an alt rock/hardcore-ish band, not metal.


If that's the case, then these guys have escaped judgement for quite some time. They landed here way back in '02.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 5018
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:27 am 
 

Yeah, they've been on the site for a long time, but they escaped judgment because they haven't been noted in any way since then, likely because they sucked and were only notable because their frontman soon after joined Scar Culture, who Century Media promoted and helped out for a few years after they released "Inscribe" even though the band sucked. I recall them as being sort of death metal/hardcore that was dumbed down as much as mallcore.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 am 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Je ... _Use/77098

Should artists and misc staff featured only on re-issues of releases be credited on the release page? As an example on the above link, two of the misc staff from the 2010 FOAD Records re-issue were added to the line-up, when they had nothing to do with the original release. Should they be in the line-up, or is that something for the additional notes?
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3629
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 am 
 

Leave them in the misc staff line-up (with "reissue" or whatever mentioned in brackets after the respective roles). It's not the most elegant solution, but it'll work until such time as when we have a feature for implementing rereleases/reissues. :)
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:37 am 
 

I noticed when viewing reports that I've moved from Veteran to Metal Freak. What exactly does that allow me to do, other than change report categories?
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:42 am 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/content/h ... #tab_ranks
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 133
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:28 pm 
 

I have a question, don't know where else to put it. I think its a glitch. I submitted a band yesterday to the queue, today I went to check up on its progress on the queue list but couldn't find it so I checked "my bands" and it was still a draft but all the info I put on it was erased except for submission notes, logo and band pic. Has this happened to anybody else?

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 2463
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:50 pm 
 

So I happened across another release by this band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bla ... 3540346268 but it has absolutely no dates on it any where and all the info that I could find about it (or the band for that matter other than here on MA) online was a copy for sale on ebay, a website that says they played a show back in 2000, and the website of the now defunct Spinrecords whom they listed on this release. So my question is can it be added without any sort of release date? Also here's a link to the couple of their CD's available on ebay (the one I'm wondering about is Devil), http://stores.ebay.com/DaisyRocksMusic- ... arch+Store if that helps for proof of the album actually existing.
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 748
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:47 am 
 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
So I happened across another release by this band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bla ... 3540346268 but it has absolutely no dates on it any where and all the info that I could find about it (or the band for that matter other than here on MA) online was a copy for sale on ebay, a website that says they played a show back in 2000, and the website of the now defunct Spinrecords whom they listed on this release. So my question is can it be added without any sort of release date? Also here's a link to the couple of their CD's available on ebay (the one I'm wondering about is Devil), http://stores.ebay.com/DaisyRocksMusic- ... arch+Store if that helps for proof of the album actually existing.


Without at least a year, no. It can however be added to the notes as an additional release. Sure it's the same band? Logo of the two records are completely different.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
Erosion of Humanity
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 2463
Location: Schaumburg, Il
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:15 am 
 

Yeah it's the same band, the members are the same and they're both from Freeport, Il.
_________________
niix wrote:
'the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter'

Crick wrote:
Raw eggs tastier than semen? What horrid ooze-troll have you been blowing?

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:18 pm 
 

Can deleted pages be restored? While looking at old posts for a link, I came across a post in the mojibake thread that concerned a broken title for a split release:

sofeshue wrote:
MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Da ... and/329604
As with most of the artists previous works, the cover title is both Chinese, and an English subtitle. The Chinese section needs to be added

This is a compilation album by 6 artists. deleted.


The album in question was deleted prior to the 6-band split rule; I'm wondering if it can be restored or not, since finding a release from China is not the easiest of tasks.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:27 pm 
 

No, deleted albums cannot be restored.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:21 am 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Wha ... 3540352747

Can missing albums be added if you know how many tracks in the tracklist, but not the names of the songs?

I found a listing for the demo. It has 5 songs, it is simply known as "Demo" and it was released in 2012. I just have no info on the track names.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Fulgurius
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:51 am
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:34 am 
 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
Can missing albums be added if you know how many tracks in the tracklist, but not the names of the songs?

No. Tracklist and a year of release are mandatory, otherwise it goes to additional notes.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:11 am 
 

I fucked up a little. I accidentally closed out a Wrong Genre report while clearing out a block of resolved reports I had sitting around. I didn't even notice the category until I was moving to the next report. Not exactly a good first day with Metal Knight status, but I'm hoping someone can double check it (it was a shitty report, to be honest).
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:26 am 
 

It's alright. Crap report anyway.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 pm 
 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Whats_the_Point%21/3540352747

Can missing albums be added if you know how many tracks in the tracklist, but not the names of the songs?

I found a listing for the demo. It has 5 songs, it is simply known as "Demo" and it was released in 2012. I just have no info on the track names.

Yeah, back when that band was on the queue, I checked their SoundCloud page and found seven tracks... Didn't add it because I had no fucking clue which tracks belong in that demo. It's good stuff, though.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on the age of another user wrote:
He's fucking older than me!

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2365
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:09 am 
 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ish ... 3540317206

"Was on hold since 2011 and split up for good in May 2013."

Should the "Years active" field say "2007-2011", then? Or "2007-2013"?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6096
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:01 am 
 

The former, I guess.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group