Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ritual_Murder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 am 

Ok, so here's the deal... I went to a show several yrs. back in Atlanta, GA and was handed a demo(?) by someone (possibly a band member) for the band Apocalyptic Visions. The cover/insert appears to have been printed on a home printer (or a copy of such) on standard printing paper and is cut-out to fit in the CD case. The actual CD is a Memorex CD-R w/ the bands logo (presumably also from a home printer and cut-out) glued on to the disc (the logo could be printed on sticker paper). The cover/insert reads as follows:

The Angriest Band In America
APOCALYPTIC VISIONS
1. Bastard Son Of Nazareth
2. Slaughtered Lamb

Then follows the bands myspace URL, an e-mail address, and a P.O. Box. The demo(?) doesn't seem to have a proper name unless you consider it to be self-titled or "The Angriest Band In America". So, w/ all this in mind I'm wondering if this would be considered a demo and worthy of being added to the site? If not, what excatly would you call this self-released CD?

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:04 am 

So it's basically this without the third track?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:40 am 

Sounds like a variation of the promo RonimuZ mentioned. I'd add a mention to the entry's notes. When did you get it?

Ritual_Murder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:41 pm 

Yeah it is basically the release that Ronimuz linked w/out the third track. And I'm not exactly sure when I got it...maybe around 2004-2005? But I know it was definitly before 2006, which was when the above demo was released.
But you think I should just add a note to the 2006 release? What about pics of the cover/insert? I know it's nothing special but currently there isn't a pic for even the 2006 release.

Reply to topic