Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TahTheTrickster
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm 

I was going through the "Albums without cover art" todo list and came across the album "A Hoste Antiga do Luceiro" by Xerión. After looking at both the label's post on the album as well as the band's Facebook page I found that there are actually three different covers associated with this album. The band does have all three covers posted on Facebook, but what's the correct way of handling a single release with multiple covers? Do you just create a new version for each cover, or would you just include a picture with all three covers and note the variations on the additional notes tab?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:15 am 

We should try and find out what each cover represents. Is one exclusive for digital copies, the other physical (CD and/or vinyl) and so on.

If say for examples there are 22 copies of each cover on CD, we need to make a version for each cover, and specify "Alternate cover" in the description field.

Last.fm

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:49 pm 

What version description, if any, do we use when a version of the album is exclusive to one specific retailer? Case in point, http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/He ... eah/520721. Hellyeah's first album had a version with a bonus track released exclusively via Best Buy stores. I currently have it listed as "Best Buy exclusive", but that seems clunky.

Opus wrote:
there are only 12 active metal musicians in Finland, and those 3239 bands are just different combinations of those 12 musicians.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:59 pm 

"Exclusive" is a bit awkward wording but you have the right idea. I use "Edition" but "Version" works too

Last.fm

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:03 pm 

Huh. This was not at all the thread I thought I was posting it, but I'll keep that answer in mind.

Opus wrote:
there are only 12 active metal musicians in Finland, and those 3239 bands are just different combinations of those 12 musicians.

Reply to topic