Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:07 pm 

Hello! This topic related to the links. You know that links section separated to five pieces: official, official merchandise, unofficial, labels and tabulatures. I'm starting to check links for the Russian bands and many of them (in some cases, almost all of the band links) are broken/not valid/error 403/404/not about the band. It seems that many of band pages have broken links especially if the band isn't famous. Understandable, because many links can be added many years ago and no one even clicked on them since they were added.
I want to be responsible to the link section myself because I have time to check all 80,000+ bands on MA and I guess that I can do it for my favourite site about metal :)
But I have some questions what to do with some links before add/delete it:

1) Are links to Last.FM page need to be on MA links? All bands in the world sometimes scrobbled to Last.fm
2) Are links to common metal websites like Tartarean Desire, Musica Mustdie, BNR is very useful?
3) What should I do with links to YouTube song samples?
4) If the band have their mp3 to download (band-sanctioned links) can I add it to links section or should I delete that links to mp3?
5) What should I do with links to purchasing the albums on the labels or some internet online shops?

Thanks!

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:38 pm 

1) If it's a band sanctioned last.fm page, then you can add it.
2) No.
3) Delete them if there are no other song samples available in the official pages.
4) You can add them.
5) Normally you should just add a link to the label's page. Users can find their way from there.

Reply to topic