Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PhoenexS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:14 pm 

I’ve tried to submit my goregrind band almost 5 days ago and i’ve gotten no word on it but a friend of mine submitted their band 3 days after mine and got their rejected already. Seems unfair the mods can just pick and choose what goes up when we all put in the same amount of effort and time into our music and in turn deserve equal treatment. Pretty unprofessional to work on bands based on factors other how long they are waiting.

KingSpooky
The Man, The Machine, The Legend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:26 am 

They don't get assessed in a particular order, so for now Boiled Piss Water will have to wait.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:15 pm 

I answered you regarding the matter in Discord already, but here is a rehash:

The time submissions take to get accepted depends on a lot of factors, but usually it takes longer for newer submitters that we do not know yet. Another major factor is how full the submission and how present the relevant information is. This is explained in all the helpful rules and FAQs that have been written and refined over the years for who knows how many hours, but the two things you need to provide: Proof of metalness (i.e. samples of the music from the release based on which you are submitting the band) and proof of release. If these two things are not present in the initial submission, it will take a while, if it is not outright rejected as it is not the moderators' prerogative to research these things out of the depths of the internet, even if some of the greatest of us are nice and arduous enough to do that. For reference in terms of waiting time, the oldest bands in the band queue currently are from late September so that should give you a timeline on what to expect.

Yet another major factor is that the band queue is limited to 300 bands so we try to keep it from reaching that number. For that reason (and for the mental well being of the moderators) sometimes moderators tend to pick "easier" bands from the queue so we can clear some room in it. Often goregrind-labeled bands tend to be borderline music i.e. they can be too noisy, too -core, too punky to get accepted so they are not as fast to clear out as bands labeled melodic death metal.

Reply to topic