Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
hagagaga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:14 pm 

I'm a fan of Warhammer 40,000. I'm a fan of heavy metal. That setting has to have inspired at least a few death metal and black metal bands, along with some thrash bands. All I've been able to find was Bolt Thrower's second album.

I'm new (says that this account is almost five years old because I lurked a little bit years ago), so I don't really know if this needs to be said, but it probably doesn't. No core, please.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm 

Try looking up keywords in the lyrical search function. Here's "warhammer"
http://www.metal-archives.com/search?se ... and_themes
I share your sentiment; Warhammer is awesome, that and metal pretty much defined my teenage years.

hagagaga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:26 pm 

I discovered Slayer (first band that I ever listened to, followed shortly by Anthrax, Megadeth, and Black Sabbath, along with a few other bands) shortly before my teenage years began. I became interested in 40k almost two years ago and only in the past year did I become really interested (my teenage years are almost over, I'm a college freshman and I turn nineteen at the end of the year). I wish I became interested in it earlier.

Could I get some Youtube links? The New Mexico Military Institute has an annoying tendency to censor Youtube's search results so that I can only get to videos that I want through URLS or links from other videos.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:10 pm 

Bolt Thrower have albums themed around Warhammer 40,000 such as The IV Crusade and Realms Of Chaos. Plus, Bolt Thrower started out as being a sort of grind band but progressed to being death-grind with some thrash and doom elements thrown in.

hagagaga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:57 pm 

Kigo7 wrote:
Bolt Thrower have albums themed around Warhammer 40,000 such as The IV Crusade and Realms Of Chaos. Plus, Bolt Thrower started out as being a sort of grind band but progressed to being death-grind with some thrash and doom elements thrown in.

I'm familiar with Bolt Thrower. Realm of Chaos is a good album. They are my favorite band of a subgenre that I don't particularly like.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 am 

Kigo7 wrote:

Way to not even read the OP

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:43 am 

I know you specify Death, Black and Thrash in the OP, but special mention must be made of D-Rok. After the success of the Games Workshop/Bolt Thrower collaboration, GW signed these guys to their label. They were, frankly, awful.

hagagaga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:22 pm 

balbulus wrote:
I know you specify Death, Black and Thrash in the OP, but special mention must be made of D-Rok. After the success of the Games Workshop/Bolt Thrower collaboration, GW signed these guys to their label. They were, frankly, awful.

Hilariously awful, you mean. Just checked them out.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:01 pm 

hagagaga wrote:
balbulus wrote:

Ha ha, yes! Imagine the crushing disappointment; we were all hoping for something like Bolt Thrower, instead we got that...

hagagaga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 pm 

balbulus wrote:
hagagaga wrote:

Ha ha, yes! Imagine the crushing disappointment; we were all hoping for something like Bolt Thrower, instead we got that...

Like if your army's new Codex was co-written by Matt Ward and Robin Cruddace, with Cruddace doing the rules and Ward doing the fluff.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:37 pm 

Necroghast wrote:

From this list, I recommend you skip Debauchery. It's boring death 'n roll.

hagagaga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Necroghast wrote:

From this list, I recommend you skip Debauchery. It's boring death 'n roll.

Alright. As I said in a previous post, would somebody be able to post Youtube links because I'm at a military college and their network censors the search results page?

mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm 

Sabbat (UK) did a flexi disc for White Dwarf magazine called Blood For The Blood God (an obvious Khorne reference). I'm sure you could find it online somewhere.

Ninjakillzu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am 

Keepers of Death and HMKids. Both are death/thrash metal and sing only in russian. I have added KoD onto this website but haven't added HMKids yet. If you can imagine the lyrics, these bands will most likely have written songs about them. Everything from chaos chapters, primarchs, characters like Eisenhorn and Magnus the Red, battles , and even squigs and eversor assassins

hagagaga
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 am 

Ninjakillzu wrote:
Keepers of Death and HMKids. Both are death/thrash metal and sing only in russian. I have added KoD onto this website but haven't added HMKids yet. If you can imagine the lyrics, these bands will most likely have written songs about them. Everything from chaos chapters, primarchs, characters like Eisenhorn and Magnus the Red, battles , and even squigs and eversor assassins

Excellent. I was able to find KoD on YouTube even though the search results get censored where I am. It's pretty good.

Edit: Found HMKids too. Thanks for recommending these bands.

Reply to topic