Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:12 am 

I really like fast Brazilian Death Metal bands such as Krisiun, Rebaelliun and Abhorrence but I want music with more of a Black Metal sound. I am a fan of "Norsecore" such as Marduk and the like but I am looking for bands with more of a Death Metal sound. Feel free to recomend bands that are only Black Metal or only Death Metal but I would prefer bands that play Blackened Death Metal. I want to get my hands on as many bands as possible. Bands similar to Infernal War and Impiety are exactly what I am looking for. I would like bands with a fair amount of guitar solos.

I am NOT looking for bands similar to Blasphemy, Revenge, Bestial Warlust ect. I am not looking for bands that are overtly techical death metal. Ofcourse I love raw bestial/war metal and a bit of technical death metal but it is not what I am looking for now. Feel free to recomend practically any great(in your opinion) band that vaguely fits this description. Just make sure the music is fast and brutal. Like I said, I want as many bands as I can get my hands on. Recommend obscure bands, I know most if not all the more well known bands.

WingedOctopus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 pm 

Sorry if this is too obvious, but The Legion's Revocation is a masterpiece in fast brutal blasting black/death metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExQUmdw7eE

FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:51 pm 

I really wouldn't say they're at all death metal, but Massemord may do it for you anyway. Do you know of or like Belphegor at all? Their earlier stuff like Blutsabbath may be of particular interest, but you might also like their more recent-ish stuff from the last/the current decade like Goatreich - Fleshcult.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:09 pm 

I think you'll like a couple of Finnish bands, Belial on their two EPs and Mythos on the full-length. Both are similar and very brutal black/death bands.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm 

This may be too obvious but Angelcorpse "The Inexorable" all the fucking way.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm 

Lucifer Incestus, title track. . . trust me

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am 

Give Anima Damnata a go I recently came across their Agonizing Journey Through the Burning Universe... album and was impressed.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:50 pm 

Myrkskog's Deathmachine may work for you.

Fast and brutal blackened death metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6oXEBZm3H4

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 am 

2nd Myrkskog, especially dat vocalist. He sounds like a mixture between a demon-possessed Cerberus and a demonic hellspawn. . .

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:25 pm 

Pact might be worth a listen as well. Really visceral, raw black metal with some underlying death metal riffs thrown in and almost constant blast beats.
Dreamless Death- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShqqShBKUBg

DraakUla
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:43 pm 

Weeping Birth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhvZEdM8jmY although they can be somewhat technical at times.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:15 pm 

Weeping Birth? Meh, they're good but I don't think they're quite what OP is looking for. . . . maybe it is.

BastardHead wrote:

FutureBreedMachine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:41 pm 

Dragged into Sunlight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3dgsbOx9E

BottomFeeder1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:12 am 

If you haven't already, check out Spearheads latest album theomacia and also check out Thunderbolt from Poland.7

BottomFeeder1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 am 

Also Arkhon Infaustus and Antaeus.

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:07 am 

WingedOctopus wrote:
Sorry if this is too obvious, but The Legion's Revocation is a masterpiece in fast brutal blasting black/death metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExQUmdw7eE
I don't know of this band. Amazing.
FaultyClockwork wrote:
I really wouldn't say they're at all death metal, but Massemord may do it for you anyway. Do you know of or like Belphegor at all? Their earlier stuff like Blutsabbath may be of particular interest, but you might also like their more recent-ish stuff from the last/the current decade like Goatreich - Fleshcult.
I know and love Massmord. I like Belphagor but I have never gotten into them. I have only listened to Blutsabbath once, I was trid when I listened to it which explains why I did not like it quite as much as I should have.
androdion wrote:
I think you'll like a couple of Finnish bands, Belial on their two EPs and Mythos on the full-length. Both are similar and very brutal black/death bands.
These 2 sound solid. Nice.
dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
This may be too obvious but Angelcorpse "The Inexorable" all the fucking way.
Its obvious but thanks anyway. I love that album.
AcidWorm wrote:
Myrkskog's Deathmachine may work for you.
Fast and brutal blackened death metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6oXEBZm3H4
This. Is. Awesomeeeee.
Hayisforhorses wrote:
Give Anima Damnata a go I recently came across their Agonizing Journey Through the Burning Universe... album and was impressed.
I know and love them. Necrosodom plays in many great bands.
OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Pact might be worth a listen as well. Really visceral, raw black metal with some underlying death metal riffs thrown in and almost constant blast beats.
Dreamless Death- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShqqShBKUBg
I like this. Demented vocals.
DraakUla wrote:
Weeping Birth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhvZEdM8jmY although they can be somewhat technical at times.
Not quite what I am looking for but this is great music with a unique sound. This band is pretty unique but reminds me of Fleshgod Apocalypse(who I like) somewhat. I hear some clean vocals as well as violin on "A Painting of Raven and Rape." This is definitly something I would listen to when I am in the mood for a band with a very unique sound.
FutureBreedMachine wrote:
I have heard on this bands and I thought without reading the reviews. "This looks like DSBM, I may check this out when I go through a DSBM phase." I should read reviews more often. This is fast brutal blasting Metal with some doom parts.
BottomFeeder1 wrote:
If you haven't already, check out Spearheads latest album theomacia and also check out Thunderbolt from Poland.7
Just checked out Spearhead. Great music. I am a big fan of lyrics about history. I know and love Thunderbolt. I know all the bands that have practically anything to do with Infernal War.
BottomFeeder1 wrote:
Also Arkhon Infaustus and Antaeus.
I know both bands. Froggies know how to play Black Metal.
MalignantTyrant wrote:
(Seconds Belphegor and Myrkskog)
You have solid taste.

Thanks for the recommendations comrades. I did not expect bands to sound so diverse. I am probally going to need a neckbrace by the end of this weak. Keep the recommandations comming.

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:05 pm 

>BUMP

Now I would say my 2 favourite bands are Myrkskog and Belphagor. Can I have some more recomendations please?

vengefulgoat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 pm 

Check out Iperyt, it's abit like Infernal War with some industrial touches

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:50 pm 

Iperyt is a bit more like Zyklon on steroids if anything.

BastardHead wrote:

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm 

SSatanicSSatan wrote:
>BUMP

Now I would say my 2 favourite bands are Myrkskog and Belphagor. Can I have some more recomendations please?

btw which Belphegor album is your favorite?

BastardHead wrote:

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:26 pm 

Is Truppensturm sounds good to you?

Ricin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:42 pm 

Pyorrhoea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cogM1sq ... plpp_video

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:11 pm 

vengefulgoat wrote:
Check out Iperyt, it's abit like Infernal War with some industrial touches
I know and love Iperyt.
MalignantTyrant wrote:
At the moment I would say Necrodaemon Terrorsathan. My opinion may change as I have only listened to Belphagor for a few weeks. I have yet to listen to the post-Pestapokalypse VI albums.
aeternus1990 wrote:
Is Truppensturm sounds good to you?
A little more Blasphemy like then what I am genrally looking for, but this sounds really good.
Ricin wrote:
Pyorrhoea
This is not anything I have not heard before but I like this.

TommyTheRipper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:57 pm 

Behemoth (Poland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCwmq1PxwQ

Mordhell (also Poland) and fucking long link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nSkZ0x ... ults_video

Satanic Warmaster (Finland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsjCk-WERI

Dissenter (also Poland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQieNPBfiu8

Man, those were the days.

necropsyalpha
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:50 am 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
SSatanicSSatan wrote:
>BUMP

im gonna have to chime in here, seeing as im a HUGE belphegor fan

Id have to say my fav albums go like this

1 Blood Magic Necromancy (slightly iv grown to like it just a little bit more then my previous favorite even tho this album is slower then most other albums, the song writing and musicianship and creativity is off the chart)
2 Lucifer Incestus (classic amazing blast fest, and so much on the side of black metal )
3 Blutsabbath (this is raw and brutal yet almost 99% black metal in my mind, this album has an amazing flow)
4 pestapocaklypse ( this album is another stormtrooper, were it not for some of the lower songs vs the amazing songs, this would be higher on my list)
5 GoatReich Fleshcult (this is kinda like a more varried part 2 of Lucifer Incestus similar to pestapocalpse in the split of amazing to less than amazing songs)

overall Belphegor is way more consistant then even the Mighty behemoth or many other Huge bands, after 20 years they still pump out masterpeices like blood magic necromancy

so depending on what u like hopefully my description of these albums helps a bit

necropsyalpha
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:54 am 

SSatanicSSatan wrote:
I really like fast Brazilian Death Metal bands such as Krisiun, Rebaelliun and Abhorrence but I want music with more of a Black Metal sound. I am a fan of "Norsecore" such as Marduk and the like but I am looking for bands with more of a Death Metal sound. Feel free to recomend bands that are only Black Metal or only Death Metal but I would prefer bands that play Blackened Death Metal. I want to get my hands on as many bands as possible. Bands similar to Infernal War and Impiety are exactly what I am looking for. I would like bands with a fair amount of guitar solos.

I am NOT looking for bands similar to Blasphemy, Revenge, Bestial Warlust ect. I am not looking for bands that are overtly techical death metal. Ofcourse I love raw bestial/war metal and a bit of technical death metal but it is not what I am looking for now. Feel free to recomend practically any great(in your opinion) band that vaguely fits this description. Just make sure the music is fast and brutal. Like I said, I want as many bands as I can get my hands on. Recommend obscure bands, I know most if not all the more well known bands.

Have you considered - Blood Red Throne > brutal death metal from poland

or Severe Torture -> brutal death metal Holland (i think)
Prostitute Disfigurment last album Descendants Of Depravity
or Vomitory bit more melodic but very brutal pummeling albums (swe)

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:57 am 

TommyTheRipper wrote:
I know and like Behemoth.
Quote:
Mordhell (also Poland) and fucking long link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5nSkZ0x ... ults_video
This is not blasting at all. Its more like early Darkthone then Infernal War, Marduk or Azarath.
Quote:
Satanic Warmaster (Finland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsjCk-WERI
I adore this band. Carelian Satanist Madness got me into Black Metal but this band(and song) sounds nothing like what I am looking for.
Quote:
Here you hit the nail on the head. Solid band.
necropsyalpha wrote:
Have you considered - Blood Red Throne > brutal death metal from poland
I have heard of the band. They are actually from Norway. I just listened to a bit of their album "Altared Genesis" and it sounds pretty damn good.
Quote:
Severe Torture -> brutal death metal Holland (i think)
The Dutch scene makes me proud to be 3/4ths Dutch.
Quote:
Prostitute Disfigurment last album Descendants Of Depravity
I have heard their old stuff. This album is much more creative. Sadly the ditched the Devourment vocals. :(
Quote:
or Vomitory bit more melodic but very brutal pummeling albums (swe)
I know Vomitory. RAAAAAAPPPEEDDD IN THEIR OWN BLOOOD

TommyTheRipper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:28 am 

Glad you like Dissenter. I recommend you also the band Calvaria (Poland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_wmZvKEqPs
and Hell United (Engl..... Poland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49PJn-D-dA

necropsyalpha
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 pm 

Try God Dethroned - maybe ravenous is their fastest album (with Tony L. on drums from nile/ and about 40 other bands)

Hate - Anaclasis , or Morepheosis (thats a bit like behemoth or maybe vader )

Aurora Borealis reliquish - another tony L drums - > cant go wrong with him for speed and great drumming

any of these help?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 pm 

Maybe some Allfather
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElnycCfVvAg

or Unlord
http://youtu.be/KT1wfNGUonU

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:38 am 

You should check out Order of Ennead. Fast drums, blast beats and awesome vocals.

TommyTheRipper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:25 am 

necropsyalpha wrote:
Try God Dethroned

Indeed, great band. The album Passiondale kicks ass both with the melody and lyrics.

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 pm 

Maybe The Furor will be to your liking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ydqvQi1xRU

Great Australian blackened death metal.

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:48 am 

TommyTheRipper wrote:
Glad you like Dissenter. I recommend you also the band Calvaria (Poland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_wmZvKEqPs
Lyrics are in Polish which I can't understand but that does not mean I do not find the music banging. When I get around to learning Polish and Slavic languages I can see myself becoming a big fan of this band. Love the video, "Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie" FTW.
Quote:
and Hell United (Engl..... Poland):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49PJn-D-dA
Sounds good.
necropsyalpha wrote:
Try God Dethroned - maybe ravenous is their fastest album (with Tony L. on drums from nile/ and about 40 other bands)
I hear a few slow parts but its good to have some divercity sometimes.
Quote:
Hate - Anaclasis , or Morepheosis (thats a bit like behemoth or maybe vader )
I know Hate.
Quote:
Aurora Borealis reliquish - another tony L drums - > cant go wrong with him for speed and great drumming
Tony can drum. Good to see interesting lyrics.
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
sounds solid. I like the Darwinian, Nietzschean and quasi-NS lyrics.
Quote:
I really dig the keys.
Zerberus wrote:
You should check out Order of Ennead. Fast drums, blast beats and awesome vocals.
The band photo looks familiar. Deicide members! The vocals are pretty strange but sound quite evil.
Syntek wrote:
Maybe The Furor will be to your liking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ydqvQi1xRU
I enjoy Louis Randos drumming on Impiety's "Ravage & Conquer". Never checked out any of his other bands until now. The Furor is damn solid.

TommyTheRipper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 am 

SSatanicSSatan wrote:
Lyrics are in Polish which I can't understand but that does not mean I do not find the music banging. When I get around to learning Polish and Slavic languages I can see myself becoming a big fan of this band. Love the video, "Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie" FTW.

Haha, even If you were Polish, You'd have to listen very very carefully to understand the lyrics :)

Few first lines in Polish:

"Jedno syknięcie węża a odór rozdepcze ci mózg,
zdusi twój zapęd w kościelne przesłanie, twą nędzną obludę

Co robisz by pradawna potęga zrodziła się z dna zalanego wulkanu
By grzeszni ujrzeli potęgę pradawnej religii

Religii czarów i ofiar tak pięknej i silnej, niedocenianej przez tępe umysły
Opamiętaj się, odsłoń twarz, zacznij żyć"

And in English (translated by myself)

"One snake's hiss and the stink will trample your brain,
Suppres your faith in the church confession, your pathetic hypocrisy

What are you doing to the ancient power grew out of the bottom of the flooded volcano
to sinners saw the might of the ancient religion

Religion of magic and sacrifice such beautiful and powerful, underestimated by the dumb minds
Come to your senses, reveal your face, start to live"

Great stuff, isn't it?

GhostlyGloom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm 

Maybe Unearthly also from Brazil. A pretty feverish pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2-5Fz4VEI

MariusBR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:35 am 

If you use spotify you can always try to hit up Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult. Or just youtube it, though i`m not sure if you find them on the YT.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 pm 

Just remembered Baltak. Very fast and brutal black metal. Worth a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vl0JL1x538

HeySharpshooter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:07 am 

Didn't see these mentioned:

Adversarial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhSdp86rKiY

Mongrel's Cross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOgYrc_sAtc

Muknal(some Death/Doom here, mixed with fast Black/Death): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBD2zpOwTvg

The Haunting Presence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DzrOqrQDU

SSatanicSSatan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 am 

GhostlyGloom wrote:
Maybe Unearthly also from Brazil. A pretty feverish pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2-5Fz4VEI
This sounds pretty good.
MariusBR wrote:
If you use spotify you can always try to hit up Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult. Or just youtube it, though i`m not sure if you find them on the YT.
I know them.
AcidWorm wrote:
Just remembered Baltak. Very fast and brutal black metal. Worth a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vl0JL1x538
The programs drums are meh and the vocals are odd but this is ok.
HeySharpshooter wrote:
Didn't see these mentioned:

Adversarial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhSdp86rKiY
Sounds great. Love the vagina.
Quote:
Quite a unique sound. This is creative and amazing.

Quote:
Muknal(some Death/Doom here, mixed with fast Black/Death): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBD2zpOwTvg
I dig this. Doomy parts work well with brutal blasting.

Quote:
Nice. I like how it sounds quite bassy.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next