Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:54 am 

This is a subgenre that I've gotten into recently. In my opinion, we need a 'blanket' recommendation thread for Gothic Metal. I would like to request to the mods to make this a sticky thread in this part of the subforum so that we can all use it as a resource to discuss and recommend Gothic Metal.

I have been listening to Type O Negative and Idle Hands in particular, but I know there's a lot out there! Hit me with your best Gothic Metal recommendations. I'm asking because I really enjoy the Gothic Rock sound. We all love the cheesy stuff from the 80's with fake sounding drums that makes us want to have a Matrix-style Gothic dance party where everyone is wearing leather and sunglasses, but let's be honest: we're fucking metalheads. We want this shit to hit hard with fucking RIFFS, while at the same time, creating the Gothic melancholy atmosphere from some of the best Gothic bands like Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy, Kill Sister Kill, etc.

Give me some Gothic atmosphere with some HEAVY FUCKIN' METAL! :np:

Last edited by BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows on Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:41 am 

Moonspell are mandatory. :)

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:52 pm 

Sentenced from Down onwards is great stuff. The Cold White Light in particular is fantastic.

There's a user on here who has a project called Adder's Fork. Definitely worth a listen.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:52 am 

To me one of the most talented and forgotten bands of this genre are Babylon Whores

They not considered gothic metal on this site, but to me they take a lot of the classic gothic rock elements and bring them into heavier musical territories

My favorite album by them is King Fear: if you want to try it out the best songs for me are the last three, but the album as a whole is very consistent

Daniels 4 Beasts
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:09 pm 

I think the basics are Paradise Lost, Therion, Tiamat, Anathema, My Dying Bride & Amorphis

Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 pm 

Thanks for all the great recommendations! I actually checked out Adder's Fork the night that I made this thread, and I thought it was super fun stuff! Kudos to our fellow metal archiver CannibalCorpse (the user, not the band :wink:) for hooking us up with some great tunes. I noticed most of these bands changed their sound over the years according to their pages on the main site, and some in the last post don't have the "Gothic" tag at all. I will be going through the discographies of each when I get the chance. I've noticed this to be the case with Gothic Metal: it can be approached from many different angles. It can be done through the lens of traditional metal, doom, or more extreme genres like black and death. It will certainly be interesting to hear what each of these bands bring to the table. Thanks again everyone!

goetia_unreleased
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:06 am 

Avoiding the obvious bands like Paradise Lost, Cradle of Filth, Tiamat, Moonspell, etc.

Ancient Drive
Crematory (Illusions and after as the first 2 albums are more rooted in death metal)
Dawn of Oblivion
EverEve (first 3 albums)
The Vision Bleak

nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:44 am 

Check out Perseptik. They are from Greece. I recently ordered their first CD. I heard some samples and the vocals are not that good but they have good melodies in their songs.

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:09 am 

Thinking of some slightly doomy lesser-known acts

Painthing/ Where Are You Now...? (very indepted to Moonspell, less interesting)
Umbrarum Regni/ Gate I (odd, atmo, gothic-tinged project)
Order of Isaz/ Seven Years of Famine (mixing old-school gothic with a very modern touch, obviously the most post-punk-influenced act of this list)
Mist of Avalon/ Tears (short ep, but this would be the second most post-punk-influenced band of the list!)

a more Heavy Metal-oriented, "positive" one:
Bloody Hammers/ The Summoning

and a very post-punk-influenced non Metal act, yet gloomy and crushing, because I think it's still worth a try:
Anatomy of Habit/ Ciphers + Axioms

Last edited by Morphine1873 on Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CannibalCorpse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:42 am 

Daaaaamn, thank you for recommending my Adder's Fork stuff guys, highly appreciated! A new EP should be finished some time this summer, I have a thread in the promotion forum where I'll be posting the material when I'm done (and in my signature too, of course).

I can only second the recommendation for Idle Hands, these guys rule and sound absolutely fresh with what they've been doing since the release of their first EP. Also listen to Beseech - "...From a Bleeding Heart" - it's their debut album and mixes gothic with doom elements, slight folk-touches there as well. They went kinda sucky soon after. Liv Kristine's solo album "Vervain" is good too (I have no idea why this is NOT on the archives?) and dabbels nicely in some oldschool goth waters.

Adder's Fork - These Mountains Cast Great Shadows - NEW!
Adder's Fork + Dea Artio/In Dornen/Winter's Breath - A Gathering of Four - Split - NEW!
Adder's Fork - Website
Reviewer for Antichrist Magazine

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:44 am 

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows wrote:
This is a subgenre that I've gotten into recently. In my opinion, we need a 'blanket' recommendation thread for Gothic Metal. I would like to request to the mods to make this a sticky thread in this part of the subforum so that we can all use it as a resource to discuss and recommend Gothic Metal.

I have been listening to Type O Negative and Idle Hands in particular, but I know there's a lot out there! Hit me with your best Gothic Metal recommendations. I'm asking because I really enjoy the Gothic Rock sound. We all love the cheesy stuff from the 80's with fake sounding drums that makes us want to have a Matrix-style Gothic dance party where everyone is wearing leather and sunglasses, but let's be honest: we're fucking metalheads. We want this shit to hit hard with fucking RIFFS, while at the same time, creating the Gothic melancholy atmosphere from some of the best Gothic bands like Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy, Kill Sister Kill, etc.

Give me some Gothic atmosphere with some HEAVY FUCKIN' METAL! :np:

A band I myself recently got into in this particular sub-genre is Light of the Morning Star from the UK. Really cool, at times heavy and riff driven gothic metal, which has gloomy, atmospheric goth influences shining through, but still being rather beefy. Both the EP Cemetery Glow and the full length Nocta are awesome.

An Empty Hearse

Wraith

Nocta

Oleander Halo

Ophidian

My collection

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:31 pm 

A few favorites that haven't been mentioned, with a range of different variations on the genre, slanting to the heavier, riffier side.

Autumn - My New Time - not quite as overtly gothic as their earlier albums, but it has a more powerful, forceful sound to it while remaining atmospheric and melancholic, with vibrant, commanding female vocals

Before the Dawn - Deadlight - essentially a melodic death metal album with a strong gothic influence, chock-full of pile-driving riffs

Draconian - Sovran - the ultimate in death/doom/gothic metal, laden with atmosphere, immense riffs, and the best juxtaposition of ethereal and beastly vocals in the genre

The Foreshadowing - Days of Nothing - mighty, emotional, heavy and thoroughly enjoyable doom-influenced music

Heavenwood - Redemption - propulsive and energetic, with some rather exceptional guitar riffing and soloing

How Like a Winter - Beyond My Grey Wake - more beautiful and varied earlier work featuring the vocalist who would go on to The Foreshadowing, but incorporating other elements like violin and female vocals

NeraNature - MagJa - half of the vocal attack of Darzamat, she is a powerhouse of sonic catharsis and texture, with otherworldly musical landscapes, this third solo outing sung in her native Polish

Poisonblack - Escapexstacy - a fairly straight-forward, driving, and relentlessly catchy album from the vocalist of Sentenced

Rapture - Songs For the Withering - a slab of infectious, heavy, death/doom and melodeath-influenced gothic metal

Raving Season - Amnio - incredibly dolorous and doomy gothic-death, with exquisitely beautiful female vocals and clean guitar passages

Root - The Book - a very eclectic mixture of proggy, black and doom-influenced gothic/heavy metal

Saviour Machine - Saviour Machine - an epic, soaring, dark masterpiece with incredible, dramatic vocals

Thalarion - Four Elements Mysterium - sumptuous, enigmatic, gothic death/doom rich with mood and contrast between growls and angelic female vocals

Trail of Tears - Free Fall Into Fear - a symphonic melodic death/black release loaded with chunky riffs and somber, nocturnal intonations and atmospherics

Tribulation - The Children of the Night - another unusual amalgam that is a proggy, blackened, and a riveting listening experience

UnSun - Clinic For Dolls - members of Vader, Indukti/Destruction and Vesania team up to create a very crushing, pummeling undercurrent to admittedly very poppy and polarizing female vocals, but the guitar-work and drumming is very meaty

Virgin Black - mezzo forte - intense, vigorous, operatic, almost liturgical gothic doom

Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun - ethereal, resplendent female vocals over a sludgy, doom-laced bedrock of cavernous metal

Bonus - this list is long enough for now, but a few other excellent ones worth mentioning - Artrosis, Ava Inferi, Elysium, Flowing Tears, Mortal Love, Octavia Sperati, Shadowgarden, Silentium, The Sins of Thy Beloved, Symphonian, When Nothing Remains

Extra bonus - a few other bands that are tangential to gothic metal, or only have an album or two that are gothic-related, but that I love and are worth mentioning - Evadne, The Gathering, Hallatar, Helevorn, Imperia, Katatonia, Kingfisher Sky, Leaves' Eyes, Lethian Dreams, Lilitu, Nemesea, Nightingale, November's Doom, Nox Aurea, One Without, Ram-Zet, Remembrance, Royal Anguish, Swallow The Sun, Xandria.

Early works especially of Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, Sirenia, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, and even Delain to some extent should go without saying, but they receive a fair amount of attention already anyway.

Last edited by LithoJazzoSphere on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:56 am 

Cemetary.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:25 am 

Also, as much as I love Amorphis, I don't really think they qualify at all for this thread in any of their eras unless there's something I'm overlooking.

ahpostacy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:19 pm 

Try 'Discouraged Ones' by Katatonia...

Damballah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:53 pm 

Samsas Traum

It's a band from Germany which is almost opera like with a bit of electronic effects added, but still metal... Its a very popular unique take.

https://youtu.be/phY2cXe-svQ (This is from the last album and has the most black metal influence in my opinion)

Also The Vision Bleak from Germany:

https://youtu.be/jodPbOgnzWM

Gothic Metal stuff from Germany is really unknown on an international level.

The most popular inside germany is probably ASP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q6Yuey2WJY

Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm 

Thanks to everyone for the great recommendations! I added 'Gothic Rock' to the title because a lot of people have already mentioned some good goth rock bands, and it feels like you really can't have a conversation about Gothic Metal without Gothic Rock.

A forum member started this thread with a great spotify playlist full of gems. It contains a lot of the bands that have already been mentioned here, as well as some more obscure stuff that I hadn't heard mentioned yet.

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:58 pm 

Personally, I'm not a big fan of "cheesy gothic rock dance party" stuff, as you put it. I'm more into atmospheric/melancholic stuff for both my gothic metal and goth (mostly ethereal wave and darkwave) music.

I'm surprised that Tristania and Sirenia were only mentioned here once. In my opinion they are the best gothic metal bands in existence, or at least were (the first three/four albums from Tristania and the first two from Sirenia).

As for goth music, check out Lycia and Autumn's Grey Solace. Really good melancholic/atmospheric ethereal wave bands with some gothic rock tunes. Both bands are criminally underrated.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:18 am 

I'm not sure if people just assumed that Sirenia and Tristania would be obvious examples and thus unnecessary to mention, or if it's that they tend to prefer the heavier, British doom/death-derived ones rather than the symphonic-leaning ones. There's some murkiness in discussing the symphonic ones because more frequently than other genres, they get lumped into the genre at times whether they have gothic traits or not. And some are more obviously part of the genre than others, who may have a few elements common to the style, but not quite enough to properly fit.

Also, the focus of the OP seemed to be on riff-oriented bands more than other attributes, which is loosely why I tailored my recommendation list the way I did. Sirenia has some pretty driving riffs at times for sure, but Tristania seems a little more concerned with mood than rocking out.

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:32 pm 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
I'm not sure if people just assumed that Sirenia and Tristania would be obvious examples and thus unnecessary to mention, or if it's that they tend to prefer the heavier, British doom/death-derived ones rather than the symphonic-leaning ones. There's some murkiness in discussing the symphonic ones because more frequently than other genres, they get lumped into the genre at times whether they have gothic traits or not. And some are more obviously part of the genre than others, who may have a few elements common to the style, but not quite enough to properly fit.

Also, the focus of the OP seemed to be on riff-oriented bands more than other attributes, which is loosely why I tailored my recommendation list the way I did. Sirenia has some pretty driving riffs at times for sure, but Tristania seems a little more concerned with mood than rocking out.

I didn't really get your point fully. "Heavier, British doom/death-derived" and "rocking out" are pretty contradicting points. But gothic metal is a wide genre, and those are both valid sides of it. When it comes to Tristania, their early albums are definitely closer to the heavier edge of the genre than to the "rocking out" one. And you can't really lump them into the symphonic metal camp, they are nothing like those bands.

For me the "dancey" part of gothic metal and gothic rock are quite stale, and those bands mostly sound the same. I prefer it when goth bands and goth-influenced metal bands stick to the "mood" and atmosphere part. And it doesn't mean they can't have good riffs or melodies. It's a matter of taste, of course. I don't like the "rocking out" part of metal (like thrash or heavy) either.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:48 pm 

Those are in regard to separate things though. I'm saying that I've noticed people are much more into bands here like Paradise Lost, My Dying Bridge, and Anthema than Norwegian bands like Sirenia or Tristania. And Tristania's music to me is more concerned with a brooding atmosphere than Sirenia, who are often more riff-driven. And that's fine, I like both different takes on it, depending on what I'm up for at the time. Tristania varies from album to album, but I would say that their first three albums have symphonic qualities, though less so than artists who primarily channel that genre.

Damballah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:18 am 

I can't help but to dislike female vocals in this music... Why is that considered gothic? Wouldn't it make much more sense to have a vocal style like The Equinox ov the Gods?

That's basically Sisters of Mercy more aggressive with more focus on good keyboard parts..

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:33 am 

Female vocals don't inherently make something gothic, but they're more common in the genre than in most others, so they gain an association with it over time to outsiders and more casual fans, sometimes mistakenly. They also feed into some of the aesthetics and stylings of certain variations of it. Motifs of stark color contrasts (particularly black and white), the juxtaposition of opposites like beauty and ugliness, often the blending of them, are all part of the visual and sonic vocabulary of the genre. So having the contrast of a baritone male vocal with a soprano female vocal is one musical choice that feeds into that. Also, a lot of women tend to dress in dark, frilly, theatrical outfits, sometimes inspired by Victorian fashion, people like Siouxsie Sioux and such.

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:37 am 

I think too this thread is going off road. The opener asked for another kind of music obviously.

Quote:
"I'm asking because I really enjoy the Gothic Rock sound. "
"Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy, Kill Sister Kill"

Quote:
"cheesy stuff from the 80's with fake sounding drums"
that would
Quote:
"hit hard"

He needs metalized 80ies goth rock.

Damballah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:28 am 

Morphine1873 wrote:
I think too this thread is going off road. The opener asked for another kind of music obviously.

Quote:
"I'm asking because I really enjoy the Gothic Rock sound. "
"Depeche Mode, Sisters of Mercy, Kill Sister Kill"

Quote:
"cheesy stuff from the 80's with fake sounding drums"
that would
Quote:
"hit hard"

He needs metalized 80ies goth rock.

The only real band that would fit this is Cursed Moon imho

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:21 am 

Morphine1873 wrote:

The OP was mainly asking about the more aggressive, rock guitar-driven side of the genre, but he kind of tried to steer it in a more general direction later in the thread. It's such a multi-faceted genre that there's really something there for everyone.

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:32 am 

Damballah wrote:
I can't help but to dislike female vocals in this music... Why is that considered gothic? Wouldn't it make much more sense to have a vocal style like The Equinox ov the Gods?

That's basically Sisters of Mercy more aggressive with more focus on good keyboard parts..

You know there are actually female vocals in goth music? Especially in ethereal wave.

Morphine1873 wrote:

I also got the impression he wanted this thread to become a general gothic metal/rock help thread, so I don't see a problem, even though he could have revived the old gothic metal thread which is buried in this subforum somewhere.

Damballah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 pm 

funeralravens wrote:
You know there are actually female vocals in goth music? Especially in ethereal wave.

You mean stuff like Minuit Machine, Keluar, Hante. stuff like that? Yeah...but the singing style is very different in my opinion. Gothic Metal female style seems so poppy and sometimes operatic...why is that a requirement?

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 3:45 pm 

Damballah wrote:

You mean stuff like Minuit Machine, Keluar, Hante. stuff like that? Yeah...but the singing style is very different in my opinion. Gothic Metal female style seems so poppy and sometimes operatic...why is that a requirement?

I don't really know those bands, but I assume you mean something similar to Siouxsie Sioux. Ethereal wave bands usually have poppy or rarely operatic vocals, as you put it. What's the problem with those styles anyway?

Having "poppy and sometimes operatic" vocals is not a requirement for goth music or gothic metal, but neither are Siouxsie Sioux's ones.

I don't really understand you, if you don't like those kinds of vocals you should just avoid those bands that use them. I do agree that gothic metal bands don't really use female vocals in the style of Siouxsie Sioux, but you still have plenty of gothic metal bands that rip off Andrew Eldritch's vocal style, if that's what you like.

Personally, I don't really care what kind of vocals a band has as long as they are good enough.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:12 pm 

LithoJazzoSphere wrote:
Morphine1873 wrote:

The OP was mainly asking about the more aggressive, rock guitar-driven side of the genre, but he kind of tried to steer it in a more general direction later in the thread. It's such a multi-faceted genre that there's really something there for everyone.

Exactly, being that I'm new to it, I was mainly stating the aspects that drew me in. I am a big fan of the "rocking" subgenres of metal, so I like when it's mixed with that, like traditional heavy metal for instance. But I do find myself enjoying the more moody atmospheric/symphonic side of it as well, given the right mood.

I do think a more general discussion better serves the purpose of the thread, given that it is such a diverse genre. There have already been a lot of great recommendations, and it will certainly take me a while to get through them all. I really appreciate everyone's contributions to the discussion and input, feel free to add in anything that you think would be cool to check out!

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:41 pm 

Damballah wrote:
funeralravens wrote:

I don't know if you're looking for vocalists that are evocative of Siouxsie Sioux or something different. She's a pretty singular entity and I've never heard anyone else quite like her. But if you're looking for more unique vocals that aren't really poppy, operatic, or ethereal, are you familiar with Artrosis, Autumn, Madder Mortem, Nera Nature/Darzamat (same singer/co-lead), or Witchbreed?

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:31 am 

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows wrote:

But I do find myself enjoying the more moody atmospheric/symphonic side of it as well, given the right mood.

What I regret is exactly that this thread is resembling a general Gothic recommendation place when your initial request was much more precise and interesting in narrowing the search option to an obscure niche, less often talked about.

From a peculiar point of view, it became much less focus - as a matter of fact it has lost any focus; it's too bad imo. But the OP is master of the game, if you are happy... good for you, I guess.

Anyway, because I'm stubborn, I'll leave here two more recs as an answer to your first request:

-Necrotic Trust, kind of moaning gothic dark metal, odd music and their only release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZnJsaBRl4&t=129s

-Ancient Drive - Total SOM worship, but in a more metal vein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9_yqbWIyDs

Last edited by Morphine1873 on Wed May 27, 2020 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:42 am 

Jesus Fix might fit the OP's request. Metallic goth/punk, kind of 80s-era Killing Joke meets Motorhead.

https://youtu.be/C3Wl3uj_dkk
https://youtu.be/Ll-rv8GBjxY
https://youtu.be/RN5psESxp0c

https://jesusfix.bandcamp.com/music

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:11 am 

I noticed Ancient Drive have already (so rightly) been mentioned in the begining of this thread.
To stick to my two recs, I must add Jack Frost, seems so obvious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcixoKDQNVE

Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:41 pm 

Damballah wrote:
The only real band that would fit this is Cursed Moon imho

That was really fucking cool, basically goth rock with black metal vocals!

Morphine1873 wrote:
-Necrotic Trust, kind of moaning gothic dark metal, odd music and their only release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZnJsaBRl4&t=129s

-Ancient Drive - Total SOM worship, but in a more metal vein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9_yqbWIyDs

Necrotic Trust was pretty neat! Really interesting riffing and atmosphere.

Really dug that Ancient Drive track too. The vocals totally reminded me of TypO and I couldn't help but have a huge grin when the double bass and harsh vocals kicked in on that bridge.

And BTW, since one of the first recommendations was Moonspell, I checked some of their songs out around the time I first made this thread. The song below perfectly exemplifies the gothic dance parties that I dreamed of. :hail:

Twilightkid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:59 pm 

The 69 Eyes.

Imagine if Type O Negative wrote 4 minute songs geared towards radio play....haveny, melodic, and great hooks.
I

Morphine1873
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:33 am 

Another one, pretty danceable; it's free if that can help... :D

https://sonofsorrow.bandcamp.com/releases

Also, I assume you know Zoon by Nefilim, the "brutal" incarnation of Fields of the Nephilim... If not, this is mandatory:
https://youtu.be/CkgxSQHBCgM

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 pm 

I love old school 80s goth rock like Christian Death, Sisters of Mercy, Rosetta Stone, Bauhaus, Mission U.K. and Joy Division, but I'll admit when it comes to actual Goth metal i don't know that many bands other than Type O Negative and I often find people considering bands that I actually think of as doom-death like old Katatonia or Anathema as goth-metal when I see those as different genres.

Possibly my favorite though that I hadn't originally thought of as goth metal but which M.A. does is the now defunct band Fall of the Leafe from Finland.

Their singer sounds just like Maynard from Tool but otherwise they sound different and I really like them.

Now the singer is in a band that would probably also classify as Goth metal called The Man Eating Tree but they just aren't really that great.

He should have never split up Fall of the Leafe.

https://youtu.be/EMUpxZCh4fk

https://youtu.be/QrFd-Ev9XmA

https://youtu.be/FlBwVnOJz9E

goetia_unreleased
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:47 am 

Morphine1873 wrote:
Another one, pretty danceable; it's free if that can help... :D

https://sonofsorrow.bandcamp.com/releases
Yep! Checked it out and bought the debut LP. I really wish gothic metal bands weren't so obscure compared to more popular subgenres like thrash and death metal.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:02 am 

Finland's Charon, who were somewhere between latter era Sentenced and The 69 Eyes.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next