Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
simang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:39 am 

What I'm after is Melodic sounding Black Metal revolving around being; heavy with tremolo riffing, blast-happy, high pitch scream/shrieking vocals (Death Metal vocals are an added plus), having melodic guitar solo's, etc... best example of the Melodic Black Metal that I'm after is the song "Victory" from Noir Macabre, which is on their Myspace page; http://www.myspace.com/noirmacabre (couldn't find the song on Youtube) thanks guys :)

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:56 am 

simang wrote:
What I'm after is Melodic sounding Black Metal revolving around being; heavy with tremolo riffing, blast-happy, high pitch scream/shrieking vocals (Death Metal vocals are an added plus), having melodic guitar solo's, etc... best example of the Melodic Black Metal that I'm after is the song "Victory" from Noir Macabre, which is on their Myspace page; http://www.myspace.com/noirmacabre (couldn't find the song on Youtube) thanks guys :)

Cant listen to the link at the minute, but judging by your description I think you will find Aldaaron an interesting listen, one of my favourite release the last couple of years. If you want to throw in some death vox here and there I would also highly reccommend Cerimonial Castings, especially the later albums. Also check out Blodsrit & Sorhin.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 am 

You'd probably like the Norweigen band Sworn but honestly "Victory" sounds more like Insomnium or Bel'akor than any melo-black group I'm aware of. Cirith Gorgor fits your written description however

simang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:54 am 

I don't really see the Insomnium/Bel'akor similarity though.. too much black metal riffing/shrieks and not much of a death metal influence.. I'll check out the other recommendations though guys :)

Reply to topic