Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:08 pm 

As metal fans we all like our music evil. I really like albums like Mortal Throne Of Nazarene by Incantation, DMDS by Mayhem, A Blaze In the Northern Sky by Darkthrone, Lawless Darkness by Watain, and stuff like that. But in interviews they seem like normal cool guys, which is fine. But what evil music was actually made by depraved, evil people where during the recording process they tried to summon malevolent spirits to give their music the poison kiss of the dark lord himself. I'm talking music to kill your parents to ;)

Seriously though, I need some actual evil bands. No genre restrictions.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:45 pm 

Uhh... sure. The only way to get the vibe you're looking for is to be wilfully ignorant yourself. For starters, don't read interviews :P

But how about mentally ill type stuff? Maybe check out The Arrival of Satan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg2-DEaGlUE

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:54 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Evil/5242

Father_Ov_Terror
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 pm 

Silencer
Ofermod
Antaeus
Ondskapt

Pogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 pm 

MGSX666 wrote:
As metal fans we all like our music evil.

I take offense to that, good sir. I, for one, will not tolerate such filth. Only songs about puppies and sunshine, please.

Metallic Shock
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:26 pm 

I take offense to that, because I am so sick and tired of people using the word "evil" as a positive attribute to a band/album. In fact, I'd wager to say that the majority of great metal albums aren't very "evil" at all because there is a big difference between evil and dark. Most of the time whenever a band actually sets out to sound completely bereft of any ounce of human decency it becomes self parody such as most goregrind and extremely satanic black metal.

Also, it's unlikely you'll be able to find any bands that match your criteria because as an above poster said it's almost always done for show.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 pm 

Yeah but there are evil people in this world. At least one of them has to make metal music.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm 

Not metal,but I think we can all agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24RvJAdI0Vo

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

pastafarian
Liberalestest Hitler Jugend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:38 pm 

I always viewed metal as the "good guys" maybe im just weird though.....

BRO incorperated
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:49 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Not metal,but I think we can all agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24RvJAdI0Vo

I'v listened to this song probably over a hundred times and it still makes me happy every time I hear it.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 pm 

Fingers crossed for a live show when he gets released!

IntoEternity86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 am 

I've heard the guys from Arkhon Infaustus (one of my personal favorite bands by the way) are some pretty evil dudes. But then again, that could also be something that's played off.

Zero_Nowhere
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:58 am 

A lot of the bands on NED have, if not an evil to them, certainly some serious fucking issues. MKM of Antaeus is probably the first to come to mind.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 am 

Wrest from Leviathan was arrested and charged with raping his girlfriend with his tattoo tools. Sounds pretty evil to me.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:03 pm 

Mega Mainstream stuff like Britney Spears is evil. A person who doesn't seem to feel anything at all singing music someone else wrote for the only reason to earn money and nothing else. And yes, I am serious, I assure you that the mainstream 'so-called music'-industry is flooded by greedy psychopaths and is much more evil than the dark black metal acts who often try to be so "evil"!

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 pm 

693 wrote:
Mega Mainstream stuff like Britney Spears is evil. A person who doesn't seem to feel anything at all singing music someone else wrote for the only reason to earn money and nothing else. And yes, I am serious, I assure you that the mainstream 'so-called music'-industry is flooded by greedy psychopaths and is much more evil than the dark black metal acts who often try to be so "evil"!

This is about as evil as the pink brain dancing in the window oh God this does not sound convincing at all.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 pm 

Members of Absurd were convicted of murdering someone: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Absurd/383
Jon Schaffer is a nutcase conspiracy theorist and probably a Republican: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Son ... 3540310715

MrTubefox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:43 pm 

Uh...I really hope you weren't counting Mayhem among the people who sound like "normal cool guys."

At the very least, Eurynomous and Varg were not exactly nice guys.

Hermit life
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:52 pm 

MrTubefox wrote:
Uh...I really hope you weren't counting Mayhem among the people who sound like "normal cool guys."

have you ever seen varg? He seems like a good guy.

Father_Ov_Terror
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 am 

According to this site, a member of this band cut his friend's head off and killed himself.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Carpe_Noctem/11336

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:33 am 

Father_Ov_Terror wrote:
According to this site, a member of this band cut his friend's head off and killed himself.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Carpe_Noctem/11336

And the thread we had on it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66697&hilit=Matthias+Schoormann
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:04 am 

You can always listen to Dissection.

Leviathan27
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:20 am 

Listen to this song. Thats from really evil guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuazFnCj108

It should be a joke, but at the end they are still no good people.

And whats about Gorgoroth? I thought they also commited some crimes.

maksalaatikko
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:20 am 

Hermit life wrote:
MrTubefox wrote:

Does a good guy burn down churches or murder his ex band mate?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:48 am 

Hard to say who really is deranged, but Satanic Tyrant Werwolf spouts loads of misguided, insane crap in interviews. I don't think he truly lives up to that shit though. Shatraug, too, seems a little cuckoo. He must really be a bit disturbed considering that he was allegedly kicked out of the Finnish defense forces for assaulting a commanding officer.

germandeather
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:19 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Azhubham_Haani/6253
another black metal killer

Necropleasurist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 pm 

Abruptum should be mentioned, they are rather obvious..
Supposedly cutting/harming themselves during recording. Plus, they play some really deranged music..
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ab ... rarum/7077

unclevladistav
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Hard to say who really is deranged, but Satanic Tyrant Werwolf spouts loads of misguided, insane crap in interviews. I don't think he truly lives up to that shit though.

Satanic Werewolf Tyrant never struck me as someone particularly dangerous. He definitely tries to create that illusion with his interviews and band pics, but I heard he also plays bass in a cock rock band. I'd just written him off as a fat nerd desperately trying to look tough.

M8L8TH are supposedly legit at what they do. A friend of mine spent some time in Russia and hung out with a lot of people from the scene. Supposedly the original singer hasn't participated on a release in a while because he's been in jail for killing a few people. He just writes the lyrics and sends them to other people.

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:10 pm 

unclevladistav wrote:
M8L8TH are supposedly legit at what they do. A friend of mine spent some time in Russia and hung out with a lot of people from the scene. Supposedly the original singer hasn't participated on a release in a while because he's been in jail for killing a few people. He just writes the lyrics and sends them to other people.

I've heard this before too and I'm not sure I believe it. The vocalist on the 2009 album sounds like the same guy as on the 2004 album, but with more "conventional" vocals. So unless the vocalist was incarcerated sometime after the 2009 album was recorded, I don't see how this is possible (for the record, I heard this rumor myself shortly after that album was released). I've seen a live video on Youtube of them performing a song from the second album and it seems like the same guy, too.

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:34 am 

Necropleasurist wrote:
Abruptum should be mentioned, they are rather obvious..
Supposedly cutting/harming themselves during recording. Plus, they play some really deranged music..
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ab ... rarum/7077

All an act. Have you seen It's new band, 8th Sin?

0kill
Patron Saint of Burglary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:27 am 

Depending on how well you can tolerate shock punk and the occasional country album, GG Allin seems to be the obvious answer. That dude was fucked in the head.

- John Calvin.

Hermit life
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:31 pm 

maksalaatikko wrote:
Hermit life wrote:

Does a good guy burn down churches or murder his ex band mate?

Yes. He wasn't going to euronymous's place with the intention of murdering him. He was attacked, and if that country wasn't so fucking stupid he wouldn't have been charged with murder, but got off with self defense. Luckily the maximum penalty there is like 20 years or something no matter what you do.

Burning churches is a perfectly nice thing to do. Churches suck.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 pm 

He did stab Euronymous twenty-three times, two to the head, five to the neck, and sixteen to the back.... Isn't that a bit extreme for self defense?

Edit. Also, the police found 150 kg of explosives in Varg's home.....

Hermit life
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:47 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
He did stab Euronymous twenty-three times, two to the head, five to the neck, and sixteen to the back.... Isn't that a bit extreme for self defense?
No. Maybe he was just all like "oh, gee, I'd better finish this guy off." I mean, if someone were trying to kill you wouldn't you really let em' have a piece of you? Just last night I was imagining getting attacked and I was brainstorming all the possible ways I could kill that person if I were to maim them and keep them from killing me.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:49 pm 

Hermit life wrote:
henkkjelle wrote:
No. Maybe he was just all like "oh, gee, I'd better finish this guy off." I mean, if someone were trying to kill you wouldn't you really let em' have a piece of you? Just last night I was imagining getting attacked and I was brainstorming all the possible ways I could kill that person if I were to maim them and keep them from killing me.

Still, stabbing someone's body twenty-three times is not a nice guy thing to do.

Hermit life
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:52 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
Hermit life wrote:

Still, stabbing someone's body twenty-three times is not a nice guy thing to do.

Nice is a relative term, my friend. Have you ever seen varg's smile? It's so down right adorable. No one with that nice of a smile is a mean guy.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:59 pm 

Yes, because smiling indicates that someone is a good person.. :ugh: Anyway, let's not derail this thread any longer.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm 

Hermit life wrote:
Burning churches is a perfectly nice thing to do. Churches suck.

So edgy.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:43 pm 

I agree,we've got a badass over here.

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm 

Gorgoroth, straight off the bat.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gorgoroth/770

The description gives you a good idea of their crimes or "evilness".

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next