Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 pm 

GUILTY OF HATING CHRIST!!

Yeah man, that record is great, the packaging on the 7" was bonkers, wish I wouldn't have slept on it then and actually picked one up.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:47 pm 

Can someone help me (or can we possibly have a discussion) of the difference between powerviolence, grindcore, crust, and neocrust? With my limited knowledge, it seems like powerviolence is grindcore's slower, "Entombed-esque", groovier, and Paul Bearer vocal styled cousin. All the while crust punk still retains the really buzzy dissonant tone, but is much more "controlled" and minimalist. Thus neocrust has basically manifested as somewhere between a post-hardcore sound with grindcore themes?

Or are the dichotomies not related to sound at all, but rather the focus of individual scenes? Am I completely wrong here, can someone educate me or lead me in the right direction?

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:03 am 

DeathcoreDecimator wrote:
Can someone help me (or can we possibly have a discussion) of the difference between powerviolence, grindcore, crust, and neocrust? With my limited knowledge, it seems like powerviolence is grindcore's slower, "Entombed-esque", groovier, and Paul Bearer vocal styled cousin. All the while crust punk still retains the really buzzy dissonant tone, but is much more "controlled" and minimalist. Thus neocrust has basically manifested as somewhere between a post-hardcore sound with grindcore themes?

Or are the dichotomies not related to sound at all, but rather the focus of individual scenes? Am I completely wrong here, can someone educate me or lead me in the right direction?

Power Violence stems from hardcore punk and grindcore.
Originating/notable acts are Infest, Despise You, Crossed Out, Man is the Bastard, No Comment, Asshole Parade, and Capitalist Casualties.

While both hardcore and grindcore carry many similarities, we can agree that hardcore is more punk oriented than grindcore. In this way, in some kind of spectrum, picture power violence in between hardcore and grindcore. Typical tropes of power violence include the use of slower sections( breakdowns, slams, etc), quick tempo changes, short songs, and usually more hardcore/punk styled vocals. Of course it's a bit subjective, but Infest is a pretty good example of when hardcore punk becomes power violence where as (older)Magrudergrind is a good example of when grindcore becomes power violence.

Crust is a dirtier, rawer, stripped down style of hardcore punk that stems from Discharge and very often can flirt with grindcore or metal. Solidy punk unlike power violence, crust relies on typical power chord riffs, and d-beats. Notables/originators are Doom, Nausea, Extreme Noise Terror, Amebix, and Disrupt.

Crust tends to have a much bigger scene/look/theme/diy thing to it. Typically anarchism, veganism, squatting, and other ethos are extolled by the classic crust bands that run in the vein of Doom or Nausea. Neo-crust would be bands like Wolfbrigade/pack who do a lot of melodic riffing and have a metal type of production to them. Calling His Hero is Gone crust can be a bit misleading, I think of them more as a hardcore band, but there goes subjectivity for you.

Both Crust and Power Violence bleed into a lot of genres. Power Violence has always flirted with harsh noise and sludge. Crust recently has been mixing around with black metal. It's easier to say Doom is a quintessential crust band and Infest is a quintessential power violence band rather than list object traits.

As for Beatdowny Entombed-core bands, it's a bit artificial as it's really attention to production and guitar tone, especially in the case of Nails and Xiliabamaanananawana. Listen to No Comment or Despise You and there are some vicious breakdowns that didn't need Southern Lord sponsorship.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:41 am 

Quote:
Can someone help me (or can we possibly have a discussion) of the difference between powerviolence and blah blah...

:lol: this again? so soon?

Quote:
Power Violence stems from hardcore punk and grindcore.

I don't really think most PV, at least excluding "contemporary" PV, has nearly as much to do with Grindcore (particularly "old school" Grindcore) as it does late American HC and Sludge, FWIW.

Quote:
While both hardcore and grindcore carry many similarities

Also, Hardcore is a very diverse style, and I don't think it has much at all in common with Grind on that basis... What I mean to say is, HC is made up of a whole a lot more than it's few most aggressive bands like Siege. "Grindy" HC bands are just a small minority of bands under the "Hardcore" umbrella.

Quote:
Crust tends to have a much bigger scene/look/theme/diy thing to it. Typically anarchism, veganism, squatting...

...heroin... BTW, every developed genre has a subculture, and every subculture has uniforms ("looks") as far as I can tell. Even a lot of PV bands have some "typical" fashions.

Quote:
Power Violence has always flirted with harsh noise and sludge

I dunno how you define "Harsh Noise", but I dunno any PV bands that mix in HN into their music, and one band doing it cannot be used to cite how the entire genre is some sort of melting pot of experimentation with the genre (this* being Harsh Noise, which, like I said, I've not ever heard being "flirted with" in any one "PV" band's music, much less several of them). Same with Crust...... or any other really non-general genre descriptors like them.

Neocrust is what happens when ex-90's Post-Hardcore/Screamo kids get all into Anarchy in college and decided to make the same Post-Hardcore music, only with more Motorhead riffs and faded black denim and spikes added into the mix.

BTW, everything I've said in this post should be taken with a grain of salt, even though it's all true.... I like all these genres, TBH...

*Dude, bro, man. Skip to 19 seconds. Shit b cray. I think he might be the Yngwie of live Harsh Noise performance.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 am 

You bring up a good point as American HC could be Black Flag, Die Kreuzen, Bad Brains and Minor Threat... Or NYC acts like Leeway, Cro-mags, Sheer Terror. Hardcore could also be Anti-Cimex, Discharge, and now Terror, Hatebreed. You're totally right in saying that PV draws most from American HC, specifically bands like Black Flag, jerry's Kids, Die Kreuzen, bad Brains, etc.

PV definitely takes a lot from American HC, but early acts such as Seige (debatable...I know), SOB, heresy, Napalm Death, for sure influenced PV. Pv acts like Assholeparade definitely owe more to American HC, but seeing that power violence at it's hayday was right on the heels of grindcore's hayday... it's undeniable that they had crossover. look at bands like Dropdead, Crossed Out, etc who just blast all the fucking time yet are definitely not grind.

As for grindcore and hardcore similarities.... they both stem out of punk. typical d-beats, power chords make up the meat of many classic sounds. Grindcore then would delve into more metal guitar playing and blast beats, but the rebellious/political ehtos along with short aggressive songs, and simple guitar playing unites hardcore and grindcore. Horrified sounds like a sloppy punk band sped up with (what were at the time) death metal vocals.

About noise etc. You have MiTB of course, but between now and then so many bands use blips and squeaks to add to their sound. water torture, septic surge, plutocracy, mitb, endless blockade, God Stomper, Iron Lung, etc etc.

We're good as long as no one brings up fastcore...and that noise clip. oh boy... I thought prurient was stupid live.. that guy's like Skrillex and malmsteen had a stupid little brother who couldn't get his shit right.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am 

Also, do people check wikipedia? It's surprising how much info there is for pv. Maybe for the sake of this thread(since it's supposed to be recs) fools could hit wikipedia/last.fm before bringing it up here. Although I'm pretty happy to talk about how Despise You is the best band in terms of fast music.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerviolence

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
Quote:
Power Violence has always flirted with harsh noise and sludge

I dunno how you define "Harsh Noise", but I dunno any PV bands that mix in HN into their music, and one band doing it cannot be used to cite how the entire genre is some sort of melting pot of experimentation with the genre (this* being Harsh Noise, which, like I said, I've not ever heard being "flirted with" in any one "PV" band's music, much less several of them). Same with Crust...... or any other really non-general genre descriptors like them.

Dude Man is the Bastard totally flirted with harsh noise and power electronics. Hell some of their releases are power electronic stuff. Same with Apartment 213, The Endless Blockade, Water Torture and Iron Lung who all dabble in PE and noise. PV needs to have an outside influence to be PV, whether it be grindcore, sludge, noise, death metal etc. A lot of bands that consider themselves PV don't have those influences and I don't consider them PV. I guess I'm just a snob lol.

the_raytownian wrote:

Quote:
Crust tends to have a much bigger scene/look/theme/diy thing to it. Typically anarchism, veganism, squatting...

...heroin...

Love crust and d-beat and stuff but I hate junkies. My friend's band was supposed to do a split 7" with Hellbomb from Syracuse but their drummer does heroin so their doing a cassette. They recorded like over a year ago and my friend has been in this band for like 6 years and they have never recorded anything.

Also Culo played Rochester and I guess they were withdrawing and puking everywhere and played really bad I guess. Birth Deformity didn't even play. Heard it was mad weak and glad I didn't show up. Glad I live in Rochester where all we do is shitty coke, weed and alcohol (not me though).

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:05 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Also Culo played Rochester and I guess they were withdrawing and puking everywhere and played really bad I guess.

I actually grew up in the same neighborhood as their vocalist. Same group of friends, used to hang out all the time. I knew he had gotten into some stupid shit, but thought he had at least stopped with the dope after several conversations telling him to knock it off. Sucks to hear about this from a stranger on M-A. Went to high school with the drummer too. Used to be all SxE, but I guess he got really into heroin and has been to rehab a few times. Really shitty. Heroin is fucking stupid.

Glad to see they're getting some exposure, at least!

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:09 pm 

Thanks all, I've come to the conclusion that they are all very debatable and much less defined than the dichotomies in metal sub-genres. I did actually read the Wikipedia page, but that is what made me post my question in the first place. The language was very contradicting from what I've heard of "powerviolence". So that brings me to the question, are bands like Harm's Way and Weekend Nachos truly powerviolence or are they just labeled that by people in the modern hardcore scene?

HerrDerQual
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:07 pm 

Recently, I've started to like Schweisser's Auf Der Autobahn Zur Holle Album. I haven't been able to find anyone who sounds like them (The sax adds a lot of character). I've narrowed the genre to punk, though... I think. If someone could help me in this, I'd be very grateful.

http://youtu.be/T0dYI2jXIEg?t=1m1s

http://youtu.be/SjyUHxPOofc?t=1m10s

were they hot?

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:04 pm 

Thanks all, I've come to the conclusion that they are all very debatable and much less defined than the dichotomies in metal sub-genres. I did actually read the Wikipedia page, but that is what made me post my question in the first place. The language was very contradicting from what I've heard of "powerviolence". So that brings me to the question, are bands like Harm's Way and Weekend Nachos truly powerviolence or are they just labeled that by people in the modern hardcore scene?

Weekend Nachos early stuff is power violence for sure. the torture ep and the first lp. Since Unforgivable they've melded modern hardocre, "thugcore/brocore" with power violence. I think Unforgivable's one of the best hc/pv things in recent memory, but I just like beatdowns and with the production and amount of slow territory i'd say it's more of a hc record.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:08 pm 

It depends, Weekend Nacho's early stuff is definitely powerviolence but they always flirted with hardcore. Harm's Way is just a hardcore band and more similar to beatdown hardcore. THey have a ton of influences from grindcore to thrash metal but they are a hardcore band in my opinion.

I think this is definitely powerviolence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Ba1ezd784

HerrDerQual wrote:
Recently, I've started to like Schweisser's Auf Der Autobahn Zur Holle Album. I haven't been able to find anyone who sounds like them (The sax adds a lot of character). I've narrowed the genre to punk, though... I think. If someone could help me in this, I'd be very grateful.

http://youtu.be/T0dYI2jXIEg?t=1m1s

http://youtu.be/SjyUHxPOofc?t=1m10s

I think you would like Butthole Surfers.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qugxWr9Vgo

HerrDerQual
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:01 am 

Quote:
I think you would like Butthole Surfers.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qugxWr9Vgo

Lol. Not really, but it's the almost the right idea.

were they hot?

~Guest 265447
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am 

Sup guys o/ So, I'm looking for some melodic hardcore bands (a.k.a. California Hardcore) like NOFX, Dead Fish, No Use for a Name (Fat Wreck stuff-like). Any personal advice on this area?

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:56 pm 

Can anyone recommend me some post-black/crust/hardcore/whatever bands like Vestiges and Old Soul? I know of a few others like Downfall of Gaia, Monuments, Light Bearer, and Red Apollo but I think that the two I first mentioned fit the sound I'm looking for best, especially Vestiges.

Yayattasa
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 pm 

I'm pretty sure theres a chronological order for Punk Rock, Hardcore, Fastcore/Thrashcore, Poweviolence, Crust Punk and Grindcore.
I always thought it like this: Punk Rock > Hardcore > Fast/Thrash > Powerviolence & Crust > Grind
I refuse to give metalsucks any web traffic.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm 

Yayattasa wrote:
I'm pretty sure theres a chronological order for Punk Rock, Hardcore, Fastcore/Thrashcore, Poweviolence, Crust Punk and Grindcore.
I always thought it like this: Punk Rock > Hardcore > Fast/Thrash > Powerviolence & Crust > Grind

It depends on the location.
For grindcore it went like Punk Rock > Anarcho Punk & Hardcore Punk > Crust > Grindcore
Punk Rock > Hardcore Punk > Skate Punk & Crossover > Powerviolence. That's how I see it. Grindcore happened in the late 80's from the UK Crust scene. Powerviolence emerged from the California scene. I could probably go way more into detail but it usually boils down to individual scenes from different locations. Usually a few bands come from the same area and sound similar and thus a new genre is born and it spreads.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:22 pm 

Hey, I'm looking for hardcore stuff with maybe a bit of crust with longer songs and more expansive passages and additional instrumentation. Fall of Efrafa aren't exactly what I'm looking for, but it's the closest thing I can think of.

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:48 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for hardcore stuff with maybe a bit of crust with longer songs and more expansive passages and additional instrumentation. Fall of Efrafa aren't exactly what I'm looking for, but it's the closest thing I can think of.

Definitely check some of the bands I just listed, we are essentially looking for the same thing. Fall of Efrafa is exactly the type of band I'm looking for.

EDIT: Apparently, they're also all on the same label.

Last edited by DeathcoreDecimator on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:49 pm 

Harm's Way also used to be alot faster, but even calling their earliest material powerviolence is kind of a stretch, they're pretty much just modern hxc.

dystopia4 wrote:

Might be too obvious, but Nux Vomica?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmzjOa-JGRc

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:24 pm 

I feel Harm's Way Imprisoned 7" has a more grindcore feel to it with the gritty production sound.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:02 pm 

Yeah, Nux Vomica are a cool band. Don't know how I forgot them when asking for recs.

Celtic Frosted Flakes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:52 am 

I would like some really in-your-face, aggressive d-beat or crust punk. You know, when it's so fast it might aswell just be running water in a bath tub. (bit of an over-exaggeration there, but you get the point)

Like this, soft of:

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:18 am 

MITB started out more traditional... then Bastard Noise became the "noise side" of the band... now it seems like the names are interchangeable, but they weren't originally, and I still consider "noise as an influence on power violence" both a rare exception and a fairly contemporary influence.

Also, I hate junkies, too... Honestly, I think most people in the "Crust scene" hate them too, despite the fact that the whole scene is full of them.

Areyfu is amazing, BTW. :boo: and, more importantly, Areyfu is actual "Harsh Noise", which is the main reason I posted the video for an example.
HN is not a particularly nebulous term... Though there are a couple of "varieties" of HN, it is very adequately defined by what the name alone implies: Harsh-Fuckin-Noise-Motha-Fuckaaa.

...and I see very, very little of its influence in any but some of the most recent bands. Even in the golden age of 90's Gindcore and Harsh Noise co-mingling, they were usually kept separate on actual recordings (one exception being the last track on Exit-13's "Ethos Musick")

The REDNECK video is pretty funny, BTW.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:07 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
Also, I hate junkies, too... Honestly, I think most people in the "Crust scene" hate them too, despite the fact that the whole scene is full of them.

Unfortunately punk is something that will always have them and that is why I am so distant from my punk scene. Depending on the scene there usually isn't a middle ground.

Anyways this band is playing near me soon and I want to know if there are some other punk bands from France that I would like. It can be anything either just has to be from France.

Krav
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 pm 

Can anyone recommend me some post-black/crust/hardcore/whatever bands like Vestiges and Old Soul? I know of a few others like Downfall of Gaia, Monuments, Light Bearer, and Red Apollo but I think that the two I first mentioned fit the sound I'm looking for best, especially Vestiges.

A bit late but maybe Dead to a Dying World, Remains of the Day, Momentum, Landbridge. Are Alpinist and Masakari too obvious?

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 am 

Ruined Families -New band from Greece I can't get enough of. post hardcore with a dose of bm flavor
http://ruinedfamilies.bandcamp.com/

Tempest - Solace is one of the best, if not THE best mixtures of hardcore and black metal

http://consume.forgediniron.ca/album/solace

Mohoram Atta - crusty hardcore with a dose of black metal. get the split with Thou to hear their most black metal stuff. one of my favorite broken up/short lived bands ever. drummer plays in Fell Voices/Ruin Lust now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDy7BrfYN1Y

Martyrdod - crust with a touch of black metalwere a good band before Southern Lord dug their claws into them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYhsGVuc0FY

Planks - Sludge with strong post hardcore/ black metal vibe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w0MPZYHsJk

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:41 pm 

Hotbild, especially the album Vemod.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Last edited by iamntbatman on Thu May 09, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZEROMETAL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:29 pm 

ClaytonRaikage wrote:
Sup guys o/ So, I'm looking for some melodic hardcore bands (a.k.a. California Hardcore) like NOFX, Dead Fish, No Use for a Name (Fat Wreck stuff-like). Any personal advice on this area?

You must be familiar with the likes of Rancid, Pennywise and Propagandhi, right? Maybe Dead Kennedys, Pulley, Strike Anywhere and the amazing Bad Religion will interest you too.

Far East metal? Oh yes. Click.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 am 

Those bands aren't really what I'd call melodic hardcore, they're bassically the less commercial version of pop punk. Bad Religion is definitely my favourite for this type of stuff, used to be absolutely obsessed with NOFX when I was 13. But yeah Propagandhi is really sick. If you like NOFX, you'll probably like their first album. Today's Empires... is their best though. My family knows the head of Fat Wreck Canada, I've gotten a ton of free shit through that.

Panopticon covering Amexbix . . . fucking incredible. That one riff is so brutal.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 pm 

looking for hardcore/crust with great lyrics like Aus Rotten. the music has to be good as well, and it doesn't hurt if the band's on the heavier/rougher/rawer side.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:55 pm 

Perhaps a bit too obvious, but you have heard of Behind Enemy Lines? There is some overlap between band members. They have a similar sound, but BEL is heavier, more aggressive and much more thrashier. Not relevant, but their drummer is probably the most muscular guy in punk/metal:
Spoiler: show

I'll leave a few songs by them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlnWC7JvOi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo78Zpq-I6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT9s5uGW8MM

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:25 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Perhaps a bit too obvious, but you have heard of Behind Enemy Lines? There is some overlap between band members. They have a similar sound, but BEL is heavier, more aggressive and much more thrashier. Not relevant, but their drummer is probably the most muscular guy in punk/metal:
Spoiler: show

I'll leave a few songs by them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlnWC7JvOi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo78Zpq-I6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT9s5uGW8MM

yeah, same singer. love that band too.

METALSANDMETALS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:20 pm 

death before dishonor, madball, agnostic front, youth for today, title fight, gray matter, fugazi, AFI (early work like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hCYLtmoRQ), electro hippies, newer darkthrone (sometimes metal, sometimes punk),gallows, etc

Balthazar666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:58 pm 

MortalScum wrote:
Seeing as a lot of metal fans have a taste for punk as well I figured I'd make a thread for this. Its probably best to keep all the punk recs here instead of making a ton of different threads for them.

I've lately been on an 80's hardcore kick. Bands like Minor Threat, Poison Idea, Negative Approach, etc. If anyone has any suggestions of fast, angry bands like I listed I'd love to hear them.

EDIT: I added Post-Hardcore. - Metantoine

A band that sounds like 80s hardcore (in music and production) but is actually from the late 2000's BLACK SS. Check out the album "Foreign Object"
it's awesome.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm 

You replied to a 3 years old post, dude.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:25 pm 

Anyone who's into 90's screamo/post hardcore, or some of the german stuff like Perth Express should deifnitely check out Greece's Ruined Families. Post hardcore with a ton of post-punk and metal influence.

http://ruinedfamilies.bandcamp.com/album/blank-language

Wrote up a short review for it too. Really great stuff.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.co ... guage.html

Yayattasa
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:16 pm 

I really like the debut EP "Chaos is me" by Orchid, released in 1999; anyone into some screamo probably knows it already, but it really blends well into grindcore and poweviolence.

I refuse to give metalsucks any web traffic.

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:32 am 

hi to all
Well i'm kind of new on the PV genre, so i would like to know any bands or albums to get started listening (it can be old school or new school). Any recommendations?

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 am 

Mechanix11 wrote:
hi to all
Well i'm kind of new on the PV genre, so i would like to know any bands or albums to get started listening (it can be old school or new school). Any recommendations?

Despise You. People will suggest other bands, but they're stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwK08ts54M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXktUoj_aR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvgLUUN9T9I

okay, okay. if you HAVE to hear more bands check these out.

Infest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvE75TW7jQo

No Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZH2_kBfBU

and some more current shit

Lycanthrophy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nTktu1xtM

Water Torture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFjXVGFvb6U

Iron Lung

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVWd9ClFB7w

Mind Eraser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZdpWU81iwU

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 39  Next