Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wizard_AuZ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:38 pm 

Hey guys.

Looking for some metal that is just about mid-paced. Im a huge fan of Doom and Death, and i do like black.

But im looking for more on the verge of...

Acid Witch
Convulse
Demigod

those are good starts. Songs like Slumber of Sullen Eyes is perfect. The guitar work can be mid to fast but i do like it to have some flow of sorts.
As for the most important part, the drumming, i like it when they keep the beat of the music semi slow (not full blast beating the whole time) and make it sound dark. Something you can just slowly head bang too with one wicked ass smile ahaha.

Any reccomendations would help alot. (I've heard most to next to all of the major bands in metal, so something a little more obscure then most would be appreciated.)

Thanks!
-The Wizard

mjaeltbrand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:24 pm 

It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I highly recommend Dream Death - Journey Into Mystery. I would say its doomy early death metal, without growling vocals. You could check it out to see if you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCY3zTxl ... re=related
I view any attempt to keep metal unpopular as false, because I view metal (not only do I view it; I know it to be) as an army looking for recruits. People trying to keep it down are weakening our military.

Ulflesh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:12 am 

dark opera - calling the legend (1994)
killer death/doom from poland, deep growls, great music.

KvltLord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:16 am 

In all honesty, this may not EXACTLY FIT your criteria, but i personally think this could be what your after

Seance - Forever Laid To Rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-beg175aFbc

Give that a go if your not already a fan, sorry to waste your time if you don't like it or have already heard it

~Guest 69485
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 am 

Gorement - The Ending Quest

Here's some great death/doom working through dark vibes and somber melodies with a mid-paced feel throughout. So much to love about this one if you've got the urge for bands in this style. Mandatory rec.

Ok... Sinister's Hate has always reminded me of Slumber of Sullen Eyes in many ways, so it's definitely worth checking out if you aren't familiar with it already. Still, they sound quite different and Sinister tends to blast much more often, but the darkness is here and the guitar work is unique and phenomenal.

Reply to topic