Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:54 pm 

hi there,

i'm searching music without voice, lots of guitarsolos and best thing would be with fast drumming on a REAL drumkit. i like music with a clear structures and melody. without those classical chilling parts or a too big technical approach.

just to make sure - stuff like joe satriani is not what i'm searching for. here's a small compilation of game-soundtracks i played when i was a teenager. i'm not searching game soundtrack exclusively but this is all i got. i always wondered why i never came in touch with a band playing this kind of music. the first song is exactly what i mean. i'm getting chickenskin every time i'm listening to it :)

Youtube: show

not instrumental but maybe you remember this movie. such an amazing guitar sound.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:44 am 

Oh man, this may not be quite what you're looking for, but if you're feeling adventurous check out Windham Hell. Really cool one man production featuring crazy neoclassical shredding guitar which makes up a good amount of the instrumentation, mashed up with really chilling, nocturnal ambient passages. It does feature some vocals but they're pretty sparse, generally. It's really ambitious music that well-composed and has a great sense of tension and dynamics.

For some stuff more in line with your request, Yngwie Malmsteen has a bunch of instrumental albums/songs. Check those out. Also check out the two instrumentals on Speed Metal Symphony by Cacophony.

Ill-Starred Son
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:35 am 

Well, it seems like you are looking for Shred music, which is a sub genre of metal I don't hear mentioned on here enough.

I would recommend Joe Stump who is really good.

Also as the poster before mentioned, Marty Friedman's stuff with Cacophony on Speed Metal Symphony is good as well.

Reply to topic