Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TurtleSoup
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:19 am 

Hey all,

I'm looking for songs (or entire albums, if such things exist) which are themed around the godhead, transcending into higher planes of existence, etc. Examples: some of Om's songs, and Deus Ex Machina off of Trivmvirate by The Monolith Deathcult ("I have lived for millions of years, I am the day of yesterday, I know the day of tomorrow, The alpha and omega, I am eternal").

Any style is okay, but I would prefer death or drone/doom.

heavyyield
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:31 am 

Deus Ex Machina by TMDC is actually inspired by the Goa'uld of Stargate SG1, alien parasites who live very, very long, possess other people and make them their slaves and warriors (hence the reference to jackal headed warriors). Maybe you would like Rudra? Kinda black/death about Vedic transcendence and mythology.

TurtleSoup
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 pm 

Well. That shows just about how much I know. Kind of embarrassing... :\

But yes, I've been listening to Rudra quite a lot lately.

EDIT: Hmm... the more I think about it the less it makes sense that they're inspired by the Goa'uld. "Thou art blinded by false gods with a ludicrous past of two millennia", "alpha and omega", "treat my like Rex Ivdaeorvm with ultra-orthodox reverence", other religious themes. Hmm, most interesting....

AngeldeathGreg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm 

most of Angeldeath's lyrics are about transcending the culturally-enforced limitations of personal possibility, shedding the shackles placed upon the individual by the Catholic church, and empowering the listener to realize their power as their own god of their own universe, and that the possibilities for their lives are only limited by their own imagination.

www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

its mostly through metaphor and colorful imagery pertaining to the Cthulhu Mythos, satanism, and the Necronomicon, but thats the message behind our music.

I think you'll like it; professionally recorded, carefully thought out....

And my solos are meant to be explosions of energy and force, influenced by feeling of the moment and personifying the theme of the song. Kinda. lol

heavyyield
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:07 pm 

TurtleSoup wrote:
Well. That shows just about how much I know. Kind of embarrassing... :\

But yes, I've been listening to Rudra quite a lot lately.

EDIT: Hmm... the more I think about it the less it makes sense that they're inspired by the Goa'uld. "Thou art blinded by false gods with a ludicrous past of two millennia", "alpha and omega", "treat my like Rex Ivdaeorvm with ultra-orthodox reverence", other religious themes. Hmm, most interesting....

Blinded by false gods? The Goa'uld themselves are pretending to be gods by using their advanced technology. Their names are Apophis, Ra, Anubis and so on. You also have other races like the Asgard who have names like Thor. All the aliens are named after ancient deities and because they used their technology, they were revered as god. Alpha and Omega: the Goa'uld built up human civilization (two thousand years ago), and want to destroy it now. Watch Stargate SG1, the first season, it clears up a lot.

BURlAL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:34 pm 

Actually a lot of Ozzy era Sabbath songs are like this...or at least thats how I interpret them.

Reply to topic