Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
simonitro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:31 am 

Hey all,

For some reason, I'm in the Electronic/Industrial/Cyber Metal mood and something that sounds post-apocalyptic... futuristic etc. So any recommendations you guys could give me?

Thanks in advanced,
Simon

Last edited by simonitro on Mon May 25, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sebas4423
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:55 am 

Well, it's not completely obvious what you want so I'll just throw a couple of things out here and just let me know what you do and do not like.
To narrow things down ;)

Some Sybreed (I don't know if you know this or not)
Youtube: show

Seecrees

Illidiance

Neurotech

Let me know if there's anything that you DO like, or if nothing of this is what you're looking for!

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:09 am 

Sebas already took most of my answers :P

Mechina - Acheron
Mechina mixes industrial, death metal, and orchestrations to give their albums an epic, futuristic feel, and while most of their albums are pretty hit-and-miss, Acheron is where it all comes together and works perfectly.

Deathstars - The Perfect Cult

Not a particularly metal example - their sound falls somewhere between KMFDM and Rammstein on the scale of metal-ness, and they're more goth than both - but they do manage to do the futuristic sound pretty well.

T3CHN0PH0B1A - Grave New World

T3chn0ph0b1a considers their music to be "Dancefi-Horror," and that description works well enough. They're a pretty cool aggrotech/black metal hybrid, and while I'm not a huge fan of high-pitched screams, it's still very well done.

Hanzel und Gretyl - Uber Alles

HuG was always one of the better bands to switch from primarily electronics-driven industrial to a guitar-driven sound, and Uber Alles is their most identifiable album. It's a really goofy, surreal album that takes place in a futuristic World War II, and consists primarily of death-metal riffs played under Wagnerian-sounding synths.

Powerman 5000

Gonna take a bit of a risk here and recommend these guys. They're pretty nu metal-y, but there's definitely a cyberpunk sound on their more industrial albums:

Last edited by The Red Snifit on Mon May 25, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:03 am 

Don't forget Oblivion Machine, they have a really developed, unique sound that is hard to pin down but definitely fits the "cyber" aesthetic. If you can handle the clean vocals, Illidiance pretty much takes the cake here, they are the definitive "cyber metal" band as far as I am concerned.

Seecrees was mentioned, if you like them try Flamorn and FateScorn, these are all Russian bands. Also Deadheaven (yes I spelled it right) is very good. Technophobia is OK, a few good songs but Abduction Starfleet is by far their best one. Also, just check my reviews I have appraised a lot of bands you would probably like.

Last.fm

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:29 am 

Years ago I found this in a bargain bin for $2

You may like it, I don't particularly.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 am 

simonitro wrote:
He
the Electronic/Industrial/Cyber Metal that sounds post-apocalyptic...

I suspect most of the music after the apocalypse will sound a rather more tribal (recall the old Einstein quip: 'I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnTQ04k5DPY

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:20 pm 

How come no one's mentioned The Kovenant yet? Try their "S.E.T.I." album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5HMymwQGPA

Morn Of Solace
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:53 pm 

I guess And oceans's last two albums ("A.M.G.O.D." and "Cypher") fit the bill if you are looking for glossy, polished techno-infused metal

If you are looking for something darker and with a more apocaliptic vibe you may like Aborym's "with no human intervention"

The Red Snifit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:21 pm 

Erotetic wrote:
simonitro wrote:
He
the Electronic/Industrial/Cyber Metal that sounds post-apocalyptic...

I suspect most of the music after the apocalypse will sound a rather more tribal (recall the old Einstein quip: 'I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnTQ04k5DPY

When I think of post-apocalyptic, I always think of this track from Fallout. Seems like a theme more suited for ambiance than metal.

simonitro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:27 pm 

sebas4423 wrote:
Well, it's not completely obvious what you want so I'll just throw a couple of things out here and just let me know what you do and do not like.
To narrow things down ;)

Some Sybreed (I don't know if you know this or not)

Seecrees

Illidiance

Neurotech

Let me know if there's anything that you DO like, or if nothing of this is what you're looking for!

Oh my God! Thanks a lot for the effort.

I did enjoy the songs by Sybreed but Seecrees, Illidiance, and Neurotech are the more what I'm looking for.

Just to give you something on more what I'm looking for, I found it last night:

This sounds FUCKING EXCELLENT!!! But thank you SO MUCH for the effort and sorry for not being too clear about what I'm looking for but very appreciative.

:)

simonitro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 pm 

The Red Snifit wrote:
Sebas already took most of my answers :P

Mechina - Acheron
Mechina mixes industrial, death metal, and orchestrations to give their albums an epic, futuristic feel, and while most of their albums are pretty hit-and-miss, Acheron is where it all comes together and works perfectly.

This is just OUTSTANDING!!! I'm listening to some of the songs and I'm totally in awe. Thank you so much! :)

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm 

^ Yes good call with Mechina, was the band I was thinking of when I read the title. Also check out Sweden's Pain and Ireland's Sonus Mortis.

https://sonusmortis.bandcamp.com/

Also check out Intervoid, probably closer to Fear Factory but it has that cyber vibe going on.

https://intervoid.bandcamp.com/album/weaponized

Reply to topic