Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:24 am
Posts: 1927
Location: Bay Area, California
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:28 pm 
 

I've got an easy one: bands similar to Dissection and Necrophobic.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/Unhallowed17

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2898
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:33 am 
 

Inkshooter wrote:
I'm looking for raw, yet atmospheric and melodic black metal with lots of dramatic tremolo riffing. Lyrics about history, war, and nature are preferred.


Check out Aldaaron's new album.

Top
 Profile  
grauer_mausling
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1791
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:50 pm 
 

after quite some time not listening to a lot of BM, I have extensively listened to the first two Taake albums, the first Borknagar (only that one is for real!!!) the latest Arckanum and Eljudner's (too few) outputs. So despite I "followed" that kind of music a lot in the past, I could need some more recs for Black Metal with some acosutic parts and an overall feel comparable to those named above.

One thing is impoertant however - please no overlong songs and no prog-like interludes etc. Just "catchy" BM (with songs between 3-5 minutes) and the mentioned acoustic stuff and with a "wooden" atmosphere.

I think I already know a big bunch of bands but just rec anything that comes to your mind - hopefully thee will be some new for me to discover...
_________________
my 80s-90s Picture Tumblr

click to visit my Deviantart-Page for some logo and shirt design work
(contact me if your band needs a new logo or anything design related)

Top
 Profile  
FredGarvin
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 293
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:26 pm 
 

grauer_mausling wrote:
after quite some time not listening to a lot of BM, I have extensively listened to the first two Taake albums, the first Borknagar (only that one is for real!!!) the latest Arckanum and Eljudner's (too few) outputs. So despite I "followed" that kind of music a lot in the past, I could need some more recs for Black Metal with some acosutic parts and an overall feel comparable to those named above.

One thing is impoertant however - please no overlong songs and no prog-like interludes etc. Just "catchy" BM (with songs between 3-5 minutes) and the mentioned acoustic stuff and with a "wooden" atmosphere.

I think I already know a big bunch of bands but just rec anything that comes to your mind - hopefully thee will be some new for me to discover...


I just found out about the band Nàttsòl. They remind me of Bergtatt-era Ulver. Check 'em out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARLxrX1q ... re=related

A lot of the stuff on the Northern Silence label may be of interest to you:

Gallowbraid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkfDm1Hfva0

Draugsang sound a little like Eljudner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN9EpLHMrK4

Also check out Angantyr and HÄIVE if you haven't already.

Top
 Profile  
FastAsAShark
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 pm
Posts: 80
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 am 
 

im looking for bands or songs that have drums that sounds like Mayhem's Freezing Moon ie. hallow/echo any help would be much appreciated

Top
 Profile  
Saethiaal
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 am
Posts: 69
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:13 am 
 

Hey Mors!

I remember reading your rec for Straasha way back, somewhere.. or maybe I read your review first? I can't remember. Well, I bought the split with Numenor and loved it to bits. Can you or anyone recommend me something similar to the split please.

Also, for those of you that haven't heard it.. I recommend that you do! :P
_________________
In a somewhat greater perspective of time
You are practically non-existent.

http://www.last.fm/user/Saethiaal

Top
 Profile  
allixia
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 am
Posts: 1
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 am 
 

Wondering if anyone could help me out with recommendations? I had a look through this thread, sort of helpful, but I'm looking for something in the vein of early Graveland, Drudkh and Enslaved. Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
samrit86
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 89
Location: Malaysia
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 am 
 

PrinceofEmptiness wrote:
Can someone recommend me some bands like Altar of Plagues? I just bought White Tomb today and its fucking awesome. I guess what I'm looking for is black metal mixed with post-rock.


Wolves in the Throne Room
Fen

Top
 Profile  
Vitross
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:38 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:17 am 
 

I'm looking for albums in the vein of Lucifugum's "Path of the Wolf" demo. I already have Nokturnal Mortum's "Lunar Poetry" so something different please.
_________________
YouTube Channel! Mostly obscure BM.
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:40 am
Posts: 475
Location: Singapore
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:16 am 
 

Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:
I've got an easy one: bands similar to Dissection and Necrophobic.


How about Thulcandra?
Dissection worship band
_________________
https://twitter.com/thoughtsovrobin
http://www.last.fm/user/InfernoxDeath

Top
 Profile  
gravlagtieljudne
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:11 am
Posts: 619
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:36 am 
 

InfernoxDeath wrote:
Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:
I've got an easy one: bands similar to Dissection and Necrophobic.


How about Thulcandra?
Dissection worship band


For Dissection also check out Black Horizons (the band name says enough) and Undivine.

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2898
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:16 am 
 

gravlagtieljudne wrote:
InfernoxDeath wrote:
Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:
I've got an easy one: bands similar to Dissection and Necrophobic.


How about Thulcandra?
Dissection worship band


For Dissection also check out Black Horizons (the band name says enough) and Undivine.


Throw in Sacramentum, Unanimated, Vinterland and early Watain.

Top
 Profile  
Winterkald
Metalhead

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 am
Posts: 1346
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:42 am 
 

Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:
I've got an easy one: bands similar to Dissection and Necrophobic.


Watain ;) . Dissection worship all the way.
_________________
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

Top
 Profile  
gravlagtieljudne
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:11 am
Posts: 619
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 am 
 

Winterkald wrote:
Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:
I've got an easy one: bands similar to Dissection and Necrophobic.


Watain ;) . Dissection worship all the way.


And also try out In Aeternum: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=2341

Top
 Profile  
in_human_form
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:35 pm 
 

I'm looking for "subtle" and "hypnotic" (I'm not sure if these are the right descriptors, hence the quotation marks) black metal. One reference point is Judas Iscariot's The Wind Stands Silent. I just really like the ambient-style of the main riff and it's repetition throughout the song. Paysage d'Hiver's Welt aus Eis (from their self-titled) would be another example of something I'd like. I'd prefer song lengths to be around or a bit longer than the Judas Iscariot song though. I enjoy Darkspace already but am open to suggestions.

Top
 Profile  
Knygathin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:07 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:49 pm 
 

Hi,

Was the booklet of the 1998 Candlelight edition of "In the Nightside Eclipse" printed in different blue colors? The copy I bought was nothing like the bright icy blue color of the stock photo.

Here is a picture of the bright icy blue booklet. (Klick on the Re-release Version.) But the copy I got is much darker, almost purple. Same with the inner picture sleeve.

http://images.google.se/imgres?imgurl=h ... s%3Disch:1

Thanks for any help!

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8961
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 am 
 

hey guys, looking for something epic and ambiant
Forteresse, WITTR, The ruins of beverast are suggestions of what i want.
But something that have a natural feel, no heavy keyboards like Summoning
Violins are alright, i like some folk metal too, so feel free to include more folky bands

thanks

Top
 Profile  
Misty_Lake
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 271
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 am 
 

Are there any good BM acts with clean vocals?

Top
 Profile  
samrit86
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 89
Location: Malaysia
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 am 
 

Misty_Lake wrote:
Are there any good BM acts with clean vocals?


Agalloch

Most, if not all, uses 'dirty' vocals. BM is not BM with clean vocals.

Top
 Profile  
gravlagtieljudne
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:11 am
Posts: 619
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 am 
 

samrit86 wrote:
Misty_Lake wrote:
Are there any good BM acts with clean vocals?


Agalloch

Most, if not all, uses 'dirty' vocals. BM is not BM with clean vocals.


Agreed, but there are ofcourse many examples where a lot of clean vocals are used next to harsh vocals. Two fantastic examples would be In the Woods - Heart of the Ages and Ulver - Bergtatt.

Top
 Profile  
samrit86
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 89
Location: Malaysia
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:45 am 
 

Metantoine wrote:
hey guys, looking for something epic and ambiant
Forteresse, WITTR, The ruins of beverast are suggestions of what i want.
But something that have a natural feel, no heavy keyboards like Summoning
Violins are alright, i like some folk metal too, so feel free to include more folky bands

thanks


For folk.. check out Nokturnal Mortum's "The Voice of Steel". Quite possibly the best folk album I heard.

For Ambient :
Trist (Germany). Check out album 'Hin-Fort'.
Forest Silence: Philosophy of Winter
Vinterriket
Evilfeast : Lost Horizons of Wisdom
Krohm : The Haunting Presence
Black Seas of Infinity : Amrita -The Quintessence

Top
 Profile  
glyndwr_2002
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:52 am
Posts: 519
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 am 
 

Agathodaimon also mixes it up... Chapter III is a great example.

Top
 Profile  
samrit86
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 89
Location: Malaysia
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:20 am 
 

For Atmospheric fans, I highly recommend Petrychor's Dryad album.

Have a listen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUZtULEa8Ps


there's nothing about this band in this website.

Top
 Profile  
Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Afghanistan
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:40 am 
 

in_human_form wrote:
I'm looking for "subtle" and "hypnotic" (I'm not sure if these are the right descriptors, hence the quotation marks) black metal. One reference point is Judas Iscariot's The Wind Stands Silent. I just really like the ambient-style of the main riff and it's repetition throughout the song. Paysage d'Hiver's Welt aus Eis (from their self-titled) would be another example of something I'd like. I'd prefer song lengths to be around or a bit longer than the Judas Iscariot song though. I enjoy Darkspace already but am open to suggestions.


Try Black Circle from Sweden. They're similar to Judas Iscariot but probably not as good.

Seems like you're after a bit of wall-of-noise black metal. Might I suggest bands like Arizmenda. There's some subtlety to it and it's very hypnotic. There are some much cleaner sections, just so you know, but they add a lot of atmosphere to each song.

Top
 Profile  
Braltika
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:27 pm
Posts: 161
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:04 pm 
 

in_human_form wrote:
I'm looking for "subtle" and "hypnotic" (I'm not sure if these are the right descriptors, hence the quotation marks) black metal. One reference point is Judas Iscariot's The Wind Stands Silent. I just really like the ambient-style of the main riff and it's repetition throughout the song. Paysage d'Hiver's Welt aus Eis (from their self-titled) would be another example of something I'd like. I'd prefer song lengths to be around or a bit longer than the Judas Iscariot song though. I enjoy Darkspace already but am open to suggestions.


Forteresse with their album 'Métal Noir Québécois' might be just the right thing for you. Very memorable riffs, repetition, pounding drums. Excellent album!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l2UlaYuNMg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pHOOczSVKk (never mind the folky intro's, it's just a gimmicky, comical effect used on three or four songs of the album)

Enjoy.

Top
 Profile  
Acidgobblin
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:56 pm
Posts: 2235
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:43 am 
 

^A band that Forteresse remind me of is Menegroth- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEHRZV7u01Y Some kinda epic melodic riff in this song....

Misty_Lake wrote:
Are there any good BM acts with clean vocals?


Alcest (of course) are probably the blackest band with clean vocals. Also, Primordial- I don't hear any black metal in their latter material, but for some reason its still considered to be BM.
_________________
"But I found the catchuness in those fast paced high pitched screams"-FOrbIDen,

Top
 Profile  
into_the_pit
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:40 pm
Posts: 1888
Location: Mobile Oppression Palace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:11 pm 
 

Cynical_Misanthropy wrote:
I've got an easy one: bands similar to Dissection and Necrophobic.


there's also the german band unhallowed (!) that had a s/t mcd out which is pure dissection worship; good stuff if you ask me.
_________________
DVLZRX

Top
 Profile  
Acidgobblin
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:56 pm
Posts: 2235
Location: Antarctica
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:22 am 
 

Misty_Lake wrote:
Are there any good BM acts with clean vocals?


I should have mentioned Solefald as well, try the album Neonism. Awesomeness.

Borknagar use dominantly clean vocals, same as Vintersorg, Arcturus, Primordial and Ulver....
_________________
"But I found the catchuness in those fast paced high pitched screams"-FOrbIDen,

Top
 Profile  
Misty_Lake
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 pm
Posts: 271
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:33 pm 
 

Nice I'll check that one out.

I'm hoping for some industrial black metal. I like Blut Aus Nord. I would like something with lots or direct industrial influences, is atmospheric or have GREAT atmosphere, and intelligent songwriting or lyrics.

Top
 Profile  
Leviathan27
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:24 pm
Posts: 182
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:35 pm 
 

Are there any Bandy that sounds like Coldworld?

I am searching these malancholic melodies and the more quiet atmosphere. I know it is a diffenrent genre but i also like Lustre, but they are a bit to repetitive. A bit more variation will be great.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2898
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:33 pm 
 

Leviathan27 wrote:
Are there any Bandy that sounds like Coldworld?

I am searching these malancholic melodies and the more quiet atmosphere. I know it is a diffenrent genre but i also like Lustre, but they are a bit to repetitive. A bit more variation will be great.

Thanks for any recommendations.


Ah, Coldworld, great band indeed, and he is currently working on his new album which I cant wait to hear when it finally see's the light of day. I am going to recommend a band that to me can come as close to if not surpass Coldworlds excellent malancholic melodies, again they/he is from Germany and Horn is that band, I always speak very highly of them :p , and would rec the first three full albums the most, the newer has took a darker path and after numerous spins did not have the same efect on me after all, still a good release thoughcheckout a few of the links below and enjoy -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br4BvGFI ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZhB8PSF ... re=related

Top
 Profile  
jizzomatic
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:11 pm
Posts: 739
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm 
 

the Thrash thread is slow.

so I want some thrashy black bands. Like Skeletonwitch, Blood Tsunami, etc.

Top
 Profile  
Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Posts: 6556
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 pm 
 

Fans of Lurker of Chalice and similar music ought to check out Urfaust. Ambient-like, extremely atmospheric black metal with strange vocals. I've only heard some of it, but so far it's like a more evil, savage version of Coldworld with completely different vocals.

Hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5aFbl4p4wM

I just thought I should inform you of this, since I would've been really happy if someone had directed me to this band back when I listened to a lot of Lurker Of Chalice and similar music.
_________________
"Behold, wizard, for the last time how the sun looks, for henceforth you will watch it with empty sockets!"
Illusions Dead - death/black metal

Top
 Profile  
samrit86
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 89
Location: Malaysia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 pm 
 

Misty_Lake wrote:
Nice I'll check that one out.

I'm hoping for some industrial black metal. I like Blut Aus Nord. I would like something with lots or direct industrial influences, is atmospheric or have GREAT atmosphere, and intelligent songwriting or lyrics.


If you like BAN, check out their other projects.

Children of Mäani -The Veil of Osiris
The Eye - Supremacy

Great albums.

Top
 Profile  
samrit86
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 am
Posts: 89
Location: Malaysia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:02 pm 
 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Fans of Lurker of Chalice and similar music ought to check out Urfaust. Ambient-like, extremely atmospheric black metal with strange vocals. I've only heard some of it, but so far it's like a more evil, savage version of Coldworld with completely different vocals.

Hear this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5aFbl4p4wM

I just thought I should inform you of this, since I would've been really happy if someone had directed me to this band back when I listened to a lot of Lurker Of Chalice and similar music.


Oh dear Jesus. I can't thank you enough mate!

Top
 Profile  
in_human_form
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 639
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 am 
 

Perplexed_Sjel wrote:
in_human_form wrote:
I'm looking for "subtle" and "hypnotic" (I'm not sure if these are the right descriptors, hence the quotation marks) black metal. One reference point is Judas Iscariot's The Wind Stands Silent. I just really like the ambient-style of the main riff and it's repetition throughout the song. Paysage d'Hiver's Welt aus Eis (from their self-titled) would be another example of something I'd like. I'd prefer song lengths to be around or a bit longer than the Judas Iscariot song though. I enjoy Darkspace already but am open to suggestions.


Try Black Circle from Sweden. They're similar to Judas Iscariot but probably not as good.

Seems like you're after a bit of wall-of-noise black metal. Might I suggest bands like Arizmenda. There's some subtlety to it and it's very hypnotic. There are some much cleaner sections, just so you know, but they add a lot of atmosphere to each song.


Thanks for the Arizmenda rec. That and Forteresse were pretty much what I was looking for.

Top
 Profile  
Named
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:54 pm
Posts: 264
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:59 am 
 

Leviathan27 wrote:
Are there any Bandy that sounds like Coldworld?

I am searching these malancholic melodies and the more quiet atmosphere. I know it is a diffenrent genre but i also like Lustre, but they are a bit to repetitive. A bit more variation will be great.

Thanks for any recommendations.


ColdWorld is pretty unique, but along those lines you might try:

Bann - Æschatologia
Dornenreich - Durch den Traum

Top
 Profile  
Carbone
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:33 pm 
 

Alright, I'm looking for something really specific, but there has got be some stuff out there like this.

I'm looking for some fast-paced, epic, urgent, melodic, really lo-fi but still consuming, noisily atmospheric black metal. Yes, all of those please. I know a ton of bands that meet most of those requirements, but right now, I would like them all in one.

Not fast-paced and droning like Paysage d'Hiver or Germany's Trist, but instead, fast-paced, changing and, well, melodic and very urgent sounding stuff. Not just fast-paced drums, but fast-paced everything; drums, riffs, song structure. Song length isn't really important, but I am in doubt that the 10, 15, 20 minute plus stuff is going to be what I'm looking for.

Just in case anybody here knows it, I'm basing this request on a black metal song by an artist who is not black metal at all; Mount Eerie's song "(Winds Lyrics)". This song is a bonus track from the most recent album, Wind's Poem. I would link to the song, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I may just upload myself shortly.

Super picky request, I know.

Anyway, thanks in advance! :beer:


*Edited due to misinformation on the source of the reference song*


Last edited by Carbone on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
STORMM
Veteran

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Posts: 2898
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:25 pm 
 

Carbone wrote:
Alright, I'm looking for something really specific, but there has got be some stuff out there like this.

I'm looking for some fast-paced, epic, urgent, melodic, really lo-fi but still consuming, noisily atmospheric black metal. Yes, all of those please. I know a ton of bands that meet most of those requirements, but right now, I would like them all in one.

Not fast-paced and droning like Paysage d'Hiver or Germany's Trist, but instead, fast-paced, changing and, well, melodic and very urgent sounding stuff. Not just fast-paced drums, but fast-paced everything; drums, riffs, song structure. Song length isn't really important, but I am in doubt that the 10, 15, 20 minute plus stuff is going to be what I'm looking for.

Just in case anybody here knows it, I'm basing this request on a black metal song by an artist who is not black metal at all; Mount Eerie's song "(Winds Lyrics)". This song isn't from the most recent album, Wind's Poem; it is from the Song Islands Volume 2 compilation and it is much more, well, "urgent" sounding then anything on that album. I would link to the song, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I may just upload myself shortly.

Super picky request, I know.

Anyway, thanks in advance! :beer:


I hope I am correct in saying that maybe this band caters for all your needs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrBSP6F4fY

Top
 Profile  
Carbone
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:54 pm 
 

STORMM wrote:
Carbone wrote:
Alright, I'm looking for something really specific, but there has got be some stuff out there like this.

I'm looking for some fast-paced, epic, urgent, melodic, really lo-fi but still consuming, noisily atmospheric black metal. Yes, all of those please. I know a ton of bands that meet most of those requirements, but right now, I would like them all in one.

Not fast-paced and droning like Paysage d'Hiver or Germany's Trist, but instead, fast-paced, changing and, well, melodic and very urgent sounding stuff. Not just fast-paced drums, but fast-paced everything; drums, riffs, song structure. Song length isn't really important, but I am in doubt that the 10, 15, 20 minute plus stuff is going to be what I'm looking for.

Just in case anybody here knows it, I'm basing this request on a black metal song by an artist who is not black metal at all; Mount Eerie's song "(Winds Lyrics)". This song isn't from the most recent album, Wind's Poem; it is from the Song Islands Volume 2 compilation and it is much more, well, "urgent" sounding then anything on that album. I would link to the song, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I may just upload myself shortly.

Super picky request, I know.

Anyway, thanks in advance! :beer:


I hope I am correct in saying that maybe this band caters for all your needs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfrBSP6F4fY


That's actually really damn close! Thanks man.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 137  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group