* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:26 pm 

epicone1z wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc06npkKr0I
Acoustic guitar parts similar to the intro?

Striborg's "Race of Apathy" perhaps?

http://striborg.bandcamp.com/track/race-of-apathy

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:32 am 

epicone1z wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc06npkKr0I
Acoustic guitar parts similar to the intro?

With the screamed vocals, it reminded me of the ending of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmw26wuluzE

Absolutely great album, I can't think of a better German black metal record. Shame about their style shift.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I also want to share one of my favourites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1VISLfRDfg

Aikanaro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:32 pm 

Makino wrote:
No skin off my bones, I just didn't want your tone to put them off something they'd probably like :p

Edit: Oh, you'll like this song of theirs too, Aikanaro.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jLlChbWEEM

Perfect! just wish it was in a language i could understand.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:21 am 

Sepulchrave wrote:
Looking for black metal that uses eerie, medieval-sounding organs in their music. Emphasis on the eerie bit since this has organs but it's more depressive/melancholy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp026BDPrQg This is not what I'd like
This is what I'm looking for instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_HrSkdoOG8 (something like this but with guitars of course)
https://youtu.be/kTZl1Hoiyt8?t=133
No symphonic stuff please. Ambient stuff is welcomed as long as it's of the older, Burzum-ish type.

Still looking. Dump the whole "no symphonic stuff" actually, I'll accept them as long as they have actual black metal riffs.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:11 pm 

Anybody looking something a bit Darkspacy? Check out the new debut from Obsucrae, really cool album.

https://obscurae.bandcamp.com/releases

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:44 am 

droneriot wrote:
Anyway, first of all, forget about Borknagar and Windir. If there's a line where melodic and bombastic stuff just becomes saccharine wank, those bands shot past it like they're trying to chase Lone Starr at ludicrous speed.

:lol: gotta separate the wheat from the chaff somehow. Moving on!

droneriot wrote:
The first two Falkenbach albums are surprisingly decent for something so upbeat, there's a weird "so bad it's good"-charm about it, like an early no-budget splatter movie. It's similar to Bathory halfway between BFD and HH, but with really dorky synths.

Kampfar, the first EP and debut album are more icy black metal with folkish melody elements, the second EP and sophomore album go more in a melodic and less church-burny direction.

This definitely sounds more up my alley and are on my list! I've only just lately accepted the post-BFD career of Bathory. It took a couple years of listening to semi-crappy-yet-endearing "epic" heavy/power metal to get what Quorthorn was doing on Hammerheart and beyond.

STORMM wrote:
Just on the off chance Exodus, did you check out the new debut album from Hyperion?

https://hyperionsweden.bandcamp.com/alb ... al-euphony

I remember these guys getting a lot of hype last year but for some reason I kept putting off checking them out. Finally gave them a listen and they get the stamp of approval! There's a lot of Dissection clones out right now to sift through, but this was definitely worth the listen. Also the fact that they've (accidentally?) been forced to distribute the album for free helps, heh.

Currently listening to Obtained Enslavement - Centuries of Sorrow. Pretty good overall, though I wish they would emphasize the crunchy death metal riffs leftover from their demo days. Would've helped them stand out a lot more from the Norwegian pack. Though I am admittedly very found of midpaced black metal i.e. Under the Pagan Fucking Megalith. Also will be checking out Sorhin and Kvist soon.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:12 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:

STORMM wrote:
Just on the off chance Exodus, did you check out the new debut album from Hyperion?

https://hyperionsweden.bandcamp.com/alb ... al-euphony

I remember these guys getting a lot of hype last year but for some reason I kept putting off checking them out. Finally gave them a listen and they get the stamp of approval! There's a lot of Dissection clones out right now to sift through, but this was definitely worth the listen. Also the fact that they've (accidentally?) been forced to distribute the album for free helps, heh.

Excellent! I forgot to say feel free the trudge through my new facebook page, you should find plenty more. I only post stuff I would consider buying to save people a bit of leg work! I created it to share bands without flooding the archives with countless threads on new discoveries! Lol

https://m.facebook.com/EtherealBlackMetal

Abethedemon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:17 pm 

I'd like to recommend the African pagan metal band Lamentu from Italy, they have really cool polyrhythms and good riffs.

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:22 pm 

I'm looking for blackened death metal. Something similar to Belphegor and Behemoth. Also, I don't care if the music is raw.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:51 pm 

Couple of recs for you with this request. Might not be exactly like Behemoth or Belphegor, but see how these go (unless you know them).

First off from Poland is Azarath. I only have Infernal Blasting, and it lives up to it's name. Ferocious stuff.

Germany's Charon offer some of the vilest, crushing death/black out there, with a slightly thrashy twist.

Something leaning more into black territory, is Consummation from Australia. Heavily soaked in a grimy, filth ridden atmosphere, it no less pulverizes.

Lvcifyre from the UK and their Svn Eater album offer some ridiculously twisted and devastating black/death (more emphasis on the death). Total destruction.

Maybe Impious Baptism will have something to offer? Links to Behemoth and Belphegor are tenuous (at best, though better in my opinion :grin: ), but still... this is some awesome death/black.

Hic Iacet from Spain are nowhere near Behemoth or Belphegor, but if you don't mind something different, raw and mesmirising, then here you go...

Funerary Pit from Australia and their Winds of Hell EP has some killer tunes within...

More may come to me depending on whether these got anywhere near the mark.

My collection

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:17 pm 

Thanks a lot CrushedRevelation! You're badass man!

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:48 pm 

No worries, happy to spread the filth. If you like it rough'n'ready then here are some more.

Corpse Molestation. This is pre-Bestial Warlust, but damn... Ripping.

Greece's Impure Worship offer some filthy black/death also. The Goathorns demo is excellent.

My collection

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:19 am 

First thought:

This is basically superior to almost everything else in the world.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:55 am 

Is there any black metal song that's more neckbreaker than this?

omnishadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:40 am 

Looking for more bm with a bit of crust/sludge/post, as long as it's atmospheric and depressive, with a sense of despair. Melodic stuff is welcomed, but not too much.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:28 pm 

omnishadow wrote:
Looking for more bm with a bit of crust/sludge/post, as long as it's atmospheric and depressive, with a sense of despair. Melodic stuff is welcomed, but not too much.

Have you checked out Abstracter?

Osore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:45 pm 

omnishadow wrote:

Stay away of the self-titled album, only this song is good. You can check previous album (An eternity of solitude) instead.

Latitudes are labeled as sludge/post-metal, but you can try them easily. I listen black metal predominantly, but this is fine also.

Only atmospheric post-BM.

Avoid if you are so called true bm fan. Otherwise...

In case you want to relax from lethargic aspects provided from the bands above:
labeled as Avant-garde Black Metal/Mathcore/Powerviolence

''agressive post-black''

It's hard to find one band that is crust/sludge/post/atmospheric/depressive/slightly melodic BM. It would be interesting to hear an album with so many variations.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 pm 

Check out that Young and In the Way side project, Ayr:

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

omnishadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:07 am 

Really liked Abstracter, they remind me Agrimonia a bit. Thanks. Need to check out the others.

Mutter from the gutter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:32 am 

I just listened to Abyssal's "The Cornucopian" and it took me all but two minutes to get addicted to the frenzied elephantine war drums opening the song. I am a sucker for this kind of percussion. Certain tracks by Vassafor (Makutu), Cobalt (When Serpents Return) or Neurosis (Cleanse) have got this same kind of vibe and so that's what I'm looking for.

Huge, warlike, tribal, gladiatoresque drums used in black/death/doom tracks. Preferably more integrated into the whole song than is the case with my examples. Cobalt's Cold Breaker showcases this better, though the overall oomph is less.

https://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.co ... ornucopian

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:32 pm 

Man, yeah, I'd love to hear more of that tribal war-like drumming in black metal. The sort of stuff that kind of sounds like Neurosis/Tool on steroids. Cobalt's Eater of Birds is definitely the best example of this. I'd like to hear any black metal with that sort of drumming, but I'd love to hear another album similar to Eater of Birds (Cobalt gradually became less intense) - a mix of crust and black metal (with some war metal influences still lingering) with those crazy drums. I'm not sure another album like that exists, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:03 pm 

You might find something you like on the first two Abigor albums.

-edit- To be clear, Orkblut being the second album.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:27 pm 

Mutter from the gutter wrote:
Huge, warlike, tribal, gladiatoresque drums used in black/death/doom tracks. Preferably more integrated into the whole song than is the case with my examples.

Probably a little less up front than your examples, but give this a shot;

My collection

CradleOfBurzum
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:09 pm 

Looking for black metal with gothic keyboards. Examples of what I'm looking for would be Cradle of Filth's Dusk... And Her Embrace and any of Charmand Grimloch's Tartaros releases.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:43 pm 

CradleOfBurzum wrote:
Looking for black metal with gothic keyboards. Examples of what I'm looking for would be Cradle of Filth's Dusk... And Her Embrace and any of Charmand Grimloch's Tartaros releases.

Bishop of Hexen has a bit of what you're looking for:

omnishadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:55 am 

omnishadow wrote:

Enjoyed all recs... looking for more.

Warlord Wossman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:41 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Germany's Charon offer some of the vilest, crushing death/black out there, with a slightly thrashy twist.

Lvcifyre from the UK and their Svn Eater album offer some ridiculously twisted and devastating black/death (more emphasis on the death). Total destruction.

At least for me Charon is one of the bands that have mastered mixing black/thrash with black/death. It just doesn't feel forced at all imo.
Quality song writing in general and my favourite black/death album ever, so if you got stuff that compares let me know.

Lvcifyre was a suggestion I enjoyed listening too as well. I guess the twisted kind of black/death I enjoy more than straight forward (even if I can listen to some Archgoat or Necroholocaust as well at times).
Other black/death bands I like to listen to are: Grave Miasma, Nuclearhammer, Bölzer and the newer albums from Temple of Baal.
Maybe you could suggest some more stuff based on that? Would be cool.

televiper11
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:53 am 

Looking for black metal kinda like the last Soulburn album (black/death/doom hybrid with lots of powerful leads). Here is an example:

omnishadow
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 pm 

Soulburn is awesome. Here, try this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=112909

SatanicSponge
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:48 am 

I like to say that I like black metal, but sadly i only really own two or three albums from black metal bands, one nattefrost album and one Goatwhore album. There are bands I want to get albums from, like Mayhem, Immortal, Venom, Darkthrone, etc., but I don't really know what albums to start with. Could anyone recommend some albums from those bands, and/pr bands similar to them that I should start with?
Thanks.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:37 pm 

SatanicSponge wrote:
I like to say that I like black metal, but sadly i only really own two or three albums from black metal bands, one nattefrost album and one Goatwhore album. There are bands I want to get albums from, like Mayhem, Immortal, Venom, Darkthrone, etc., but I don't really know what albums to start with. Could anyone recommend some albums from those bands, and/pr bands similar to them that I should start with?
Thanks.

Those are pretty typical bands to start with... kind of hard to not reply with a huge list, but I suggest:
Immortal - Pure Holocaust (Still one of the best)
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Gorgoroth - Under the Sign of Hell
Mayhem only really has 1 album worth listening to, I was never a huge fan of them. Also don't bother with Venom unless you want to see where bands like Bathory and the others got a bit of influence.

Other "hot" bands right now to check out would be some:
Behexen, Sargeist and Horna (Finnish black metal royalty)
Mgla and Inquisition are both essential front runners in black metal right now.

truefail
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 am 

Hello, guys. I'm looking for some black metal stuff. With hard clear (and probably melodic) sound, something like:
Mayhem "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" (very atmospheric).
Watain "Sworn to the Dark" (very greasy).
Behemoth "The Satanist" (may be).
Immortal "Pure Holocaust" (not so melodic, but also very good).

So, clear sound is the main feature for me. But another mentioned qualities are good too.
I will be very glad to see some examples of it :)

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:51 pm 

truefail, it sounds like Mgła's new album would be just your cup of tea. Have you heard it? I'd also recommend Arckanum's ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ and Sargeist's Let the Devil In. For something less melodic, try one of Behexen's last three albums - they all have a crisp and clear sound. If you like that kind of thing more, maybe try some Sacrilegious Impalement too.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 pm 

truefail, try this album:

Classic BM with a very strong and heavy production, no necro fuzz to be heard.

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 pm 

Anybody know which release is the best from Drowning the Light?

DawnOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:38 am 

truefail wrote:
I'm looking for some black metal stuff. With hard clear (and probably melodic) sound.

Clear and melodic? Dark Fortress is your band:

truefail
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:32 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
truefail, it sounds like Mgła's new album would be just your cup of tea. Have you heard it? I'd also recommend Arckanum's ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ and Sargeist's Let the Devil In. For something less melodic, try one of Behexen's last three albums - they all have a crisp and clear sound. If you like that kind of thing more, maybe try some Sacrilegious Impalement too.

I've heard, good bands, but Mgla is a real find for me. Very melodic, very beautiful.
Thank you so much :-P
P. S. That's really fucking amazing

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:09 pm 

TheConqueror1 wrote:
Anybody know which release is the best from Drowning the Light?

To the End of Time clicked with me pretty quick compared to the band's other output. The latest one, From the Abyss is pretty good as well. I haven't completely absorbed their entire discography though.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:53 am 

truefail wrote:
Hello, guys. I'm looking for some black metal stuff. With hard clear (and probably melodic) sound, something like:
Mayhem "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" (very atmospheric).
Watain "Sworn to the Dark" (very greasy).
Behemoth "The Satanist" (may be).
Immortal "Pure Holocaust" (not so melodic, but also very good).

One random band that comes to mind is Sühnopfer. Fresh melodic BM from France. Very good if you like Swedish stuff like Dissection.

https://thoseopposedrecords.bandcamp.co ... offertoire

Metal81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:43 am 

General rec here. I just received the new Gratzug/Infamous split in the post and it is really good!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 231  Next